Is my 360 Fcuked?

god sake :eek:

i'm sort of glad i got the rrod

OOoh nasty. That's exactly what was wrong with mine too. Seems there is less RRoD's and more E 74 errors popping up. It's usualy a scaler chip problem Sean and it's £60 for a fix out of warranty or £57 if you order a repair online.

My Xbox has been shipped back to me, I got the email on Friday so I'm guessing it will arrive any day now.

I don't have a penny to spare at the moment. Waiting on my student loan (29th September) before I get any money so will have to wait until then before I even contact Microsoft about it :(

OMG I think my 360 is fcuked now! It works fine when I'm not connected to Live, but everytime i sign in and the little thing comes at the bottom where it says "NUFC Sean10 signed in to XBox Live" the whole console freezes. I've tried letting it cool down etc... But it's still doing it whenever I sign into Live. I tried searching on google but couldn't find a specific error what causes this, anyone know what it is? :S

EDIT: Noooooooo! After another attempt at signing in i turned it off and got the 3 flashing red lights! :'(

Last edited:
Set up a repair and get it fixed for free then Sean. But do it online, so much easier than dealing with Xbox customer support.

May sound stupid this but is it free if it's out of warranty? Also the 3 red lights haven't come back again, but it's still freezing when I sign into Live.

Doesn't sound stupid, every console comes with a 3 year cover for the RRoD so don't worry it's free.

The Xbox Live sign in problem is a problem with the service itself and not your 360. Since the scheduled maintainence that was preparing for the November release of the NXE update on Monday, there has been a fair number of unique users having this same problem.

However, if you had RRoD once, it will happen again in the near future so expect it to fail within the next few weeks. If it doesn't fail, check said Xbox for rabbits feet/four leaf clovers.

Haha, well I got the RRoD again, then it worked, then I got it two more times, then it worked, then got it again. It's just hit and miss so I've arranged a repair online anyway. Do you have to use the box they send or not? :S

They ask you not to send the console in its original box because you won't get it back as they return it to you in a box of their own. They used to send out a coffin for you but they don't bother any more.

Hmm just been trying it there now and it came on for about 10 times then got the RRoD twice, but it's still working more than its not. I know they check to make sure it's definitely the RRoD before they repair them, so is there anything I could do to make it definitely have to RRoD all the time? I know Wes said to Sean before he could Red Ring his nearer to the end of the warranty? :S

It's all sorted. I rang up in the end cos the email they sent me with the UPS label had broken links. It's definitely broke so he's emailing me the label and I'm gonna ring UPS tommorow to pick it up :(. Oh well at least it's getting done for free.

I don't have a penny to spare at the moment. Waiting on my student loan (29th September) before I get any money so will have to wait until then before I even contact Microsoft about it :(

Still havn't been able to get this sorted. They will only accept payment by VISA or AMEX and all I have is a Maestro. So going to have to borrow a VISA off somebody. I miss my Xbox I don't think I've been on it for about 3-4 weeks now ;(

im going to catch your gamerscore

No wai you suck Kris ;)