jonesbilly194

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am managing liverpool. I am just starting my third season and i have built up a big squad over the few years and im now worried it could be too big.
I am achieving alot, so can afford it just wondering if it needs trimming.
1st season i won the premier league.
2nd season i won community shield, fa cup and narrowly lost in the champions league final :(...

here are SS of my current team, their values, CA, PA, best positions, wages and personalities.

View attachment 330467View attachment 330468

Any advice on who to sell or what to do would with people would be brilliant please,

Here are my tactics;
View attachment 330478View attachment 330480View attachment 330482

Doesnt seem too big for me, great for rotation

Djzone:1737829 said:
Doesnt seem too big for me, great for rotation

I've found it hard to fit everyone in my registration for prem and Europe though :-\

Yeah i'd have a bit of a clear out, buy in a couple of homegrown talented players

2 of your 3 tactics use 1 striker. You have 6. Using a tactic with 1 striker too, and i only have Lewandowski Lukaku and Feruz. And also i think you have a bit too many players for the AMC position. I also like to have around 20-23 players for the 1st team, but no more. The rest is either sold or loaned.

Last edited:
Yeah i'd have a bit of a clear out, buy in a couple of homegrown talented players

I am looking to buy a couple home grown players, ive just bought ter stegen and james rodrigues though as they were bargains at £15mill each! :O

Trying to buy a bunch of young homegrown players to develop.

2 of your 3 tactics use 1 striker. You have 6. Using a tactic with 1 striker too, and i only have Lewandowski Lukaku and Feruz. And also i think you have a bit too many players for the AMC position. I also like to have around 20-23 players for the 1st team, but no more. The rest is either sold or loaned.

I guess the striker part is true, but they're all so good. I only just lewandoski on a free.
Barcelona and R Madrid both just offered 20million for him but im reluctant to sell him due to his home grown status :\..and his 18 finishing. I could get rid of sturridge - suarez is also slacking a bit for me but i dont want to get rid of him either..i sound like a hoarder to be honest.

In the AMC section i have alot but i play with packed central mids, i have 3 cms and an att mid. So i guess they all fit in kinda.

just not sure whos worth keeping etc

I did the same thing with Chelsea. Had like 5 strikers, 15 midfielders, and lots of defenders. I decided i screwed up with the transfers and started a new save. In my 3rd season now and only bought Lewandowski and El Shaarawy. But then again, i have a lot of promising young players, so i don't need to spend big.

I use always a squad of 3 GK, 22 players, two for each position and 3 more for injuries, banes, etc.

For you, i would recommend the same, and if you have 6 strikers for 1 position, sell, and get some good youngsters

I did the same thing with Chelsea. Had like 5 strikers, 15 midfielders, and lots of defenders. I decided i screwed up with the transfers and started a new save. In my 3rd season now and only bought Lewandowski and El Shaarawy. But then again, i have a lot of promising young players, so i don't need to spend big.

i haven't spent big to be honest, only Bernard and he was 37million which I admit is silly but I think he's worth it as he's quality, everyone else has been a free transfer or was being sold for a low price I. e. subotic for 6 million.

I use always a squad of 3 GK, 22 players, two for each position and 3 more for injuries, banes, etc.

For you, i would recommend the same, and if you have 6 strikers for 1 position, sell, and get some good youngsters

if everyone plays well though, how can I get rid of someone.

I would sell lasoggo (even though I love him) or Jovetic if a 20million+ offer came in.

Cai1234:1738033 said:
I would sell lasoggo (even though I love him) or Jovetic if a 20million+ offer came in.

lasogga scored allot for me last year, he is the weak link though rating wise. but I'll see what I can get for him
jovetic I would like to keep as he's capable of playing in multiple places and he's too talented to give up. real Madrid and Barcelona have offered me 20million for borini though, so that could get rid of a striker I guess.

IMO you should keep Lewandowski as your no.1 striker. Then have Luis Suarez as your backup/2nd stricken and have him play attacking mid sometimes. Then I would keep Sturridge due to him being home-grown and super fast.(And his ability on the wings). Jovetic isn't really needed therefore I think selling is the best option. Whilst Borini is better than lasoggo on paper he won't be as happy being a reserves player so you might want to sell him. If it was my squad I would definitely sell ad least one of them(if not both).
I would then have 2 key strikers, 1 super fast sub and 1 reserve striker. I would also look for a 15-18 year old regen as a long term replacement bringing you to a total of 5 strikers which is more than enough.

Interesting to see that you've played about 2 seasons and you've bought so many players. Didnt know Liverpool had millions to spend?

But ye you do have too big squad, Im surprised that you dont have unhappy players.

have about 25 players in your team for rotation and cup games, have 2 players for each position except your defenders if you have 3 at the back have about 5 defenders, if your using 3 mids again only have 5 mids on your 1st team also have 3 strikers 2 of them first team and 1 as a young regen striker, looking at your tactics i see a control play and likes to punish the opposition saying that the fitness level for each match shouldn't be to low and some of your players could play 2 games in a row for you.