Is the beta any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm not sure whether to pre-order the game to get the beta or not. So pretty much, should I pre-order it and get the beta?

I would like to tell you the truth, but apparently anything but singing praise to SI and their infallible FM series, gets either locked or condemned (in most cases both). Pathetic.

Don't so foolish. There's nothing wrong with giving an opinion but the thread started to turn silly. that's why it got closed.

but back on topic there are some bugs and issues (most noticeably the crossing bug and gk issues) but they are being worked on as it's still a raw product. If you're unsure wait until demo then decide. I'm enjoying it, and I know of quite a few people who are enjoying it also. Some issues seem to be affecting more people than others

if you love fm get it if you can wait till nov 2nd then just wait. there is a few bugs but i am enjoying the beta even fo its hard finished 15th first season with qpr now 12th 20games into the 2nd season as for crossing bug didnt notice it as i use commentery only. never been a fan of the 3d prefer it old school lol

I like it a lot. There are bugs and people moaning about them but that was always going to happen with the public being allowed to play a beta version of the game.

If you're getting the game anyway on the 2nd of November I don't really see much of a disadvantage to just going ahead and pre-ordering and getting to play the game early.

Its a beta. If you have done any beta testing before you will know what to expect. If not, its very rough in areas, still very buggy as they do fixes etc, its extremely promising but very rough round the edges. Some areas are still partly broken. This is not a polished playable performance, so that is what you are expecting, it is not for you, wait for the demo instead. You are basically a tester if you play the BETA, which is actually what they want, so if that appeals to you then go for it. If not, wait till the demo for a better take on the game.

Last edited:
Its buggy (Its Beta obviously) but I've still found it fun, mostly because I'm tired of FM 2012. Playing the Beta is good also because of how there is a number of changes that make any bugs tolerable imo.

When the demo comes out will they update the beta? I know it'll only of been a week since the beta came out but there could be some small changes.

Last edited:
When will the demo come out exactly? Wasn't it supposed to come out two weeks before the full release?

When will the demo come out exactly? Wasn't it supposed to come out two weeks before the full release?

one week. but this is where they have a mistake imo. There has been very little fanfare about the demo. Most people dont even know there is one, and assume the beta is the demo. It's not at all.

The beta is solid and they have definately put in alot of effort !!!!, but it does have one game breaking bug which has been duly noted on SI forums which is the crossing bug in which the player runs with the ball to cross and someone is there on the farpost to finish it. Another bug for some awkward reason people complaining about high pass completion rate.

Last edited:
I'm enjoying it a lot!

Currently I'm in my 2nd season with Gladbach, I currently sit 1st in March after finishing 4th last season. As well, I'm also in the QF of the Europa League. I'd browsed through the forums and taken note of a few bugs that have been affecting other people a lot, for instance the over successful back post crossing, but I don't seem to have any problems, my game has crashed a few times around the transfer deadline days due to my big database...

It's definitely worth the buy, because after all the save does carry over when the retail version releases, and this is quality time to practice for Network games and get familiar with the games new features.

Edit: Looking at badre's comment, I should also say although I do have a 4-3-3 I made myself, and it's generally passing oriented, I do have an unusually high passing completion. At first their passing blew ****, but after training them in that formation throughout pre-season they became competent very quickly by the beginning of the season.

Last edited:
The Beta is awful. Ridiculously buggy and laggy (And its not my laptop). Regret pre-ordering wait till the full release because playing the beta is pointless. Loved FM 12 but getting annoyed with FM13 and with the obvious bugs that should be sorted out!

Dont bother wait til the full game is out you will probably get on better with the Demo than with the Beta...

Like any beta edition it is full of bugs/problems/issues...

Is the beta any good? Well it's different. I'm still adjusting to the new interface. It's still a great footie management game but people don't like change so there's bound to be a lot of negativity. If you are going to buy the game anyway why not try it now? I'm glad I did.

Yeah i love it, be even better when the FULL version is out. The only thing that p*sses me off is too many goals conceded, like for instance, im man city against southampton, 19 minutes gone and they are 4-0 up! The end result was 5-0, like that would happen!!

I' like it, but i only order to get a jump on the new layout etc so i can hit the ground running on the new one, i doubt i'll continue any game i've started on the beta into the full game.

The Beta is awful. Ridiculously buggy and laggy (And its not my laptop). Regret pre-ordering wait till the full release because playing the beta is pointless. Loved FM 12 but getting annoyed with FM13 and with the obvious bugs that should be sorted out!
The point of the BETA is to play and REPORT bugs. If you pre-ordered to get the beta and expected a fully polished game then you are mistaken amigo. Coincidentally have you actually reported any of the bugs you have found to SI???

Coincidentally have you actually reported any of the bugs you have found to SI???

I very much doubt it, people make me laugh expecting everything hunky dory, THINK YOURSELF LUCKY YOU ARE EVEN PLAYING THE BETA. :)

I doubt they will update the BETA. But I would imagine the demo would be a different version than the BETA, meaning it should be a bit less buggy, for obvious reasons.

The Beta will be updated when the demo is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back