Is the beta any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good, but some problems with the match engine, everything else is good and it should all be fixed soon enough hopefully. If you get the beta, i wouldnt recomend starting your main save. Im just doing a game with Man U to get used to it.

Its good but I do have one problem, it might just be me but all can access for the matches is that I get the 2d classic pitch or 3d pitch. Is it possible to get the newer 2d pitch?

Thanks, 2 questions though
1) Does the GK and crossing bugs break the game.
2) Can you continue the save to the full game
Thanks in advance

Thanks, 2 questions though
1) Does the GK and crossing bugs break the game.
2) Can you continue the save to the full game
Thanks in advance

1) I wouldn't say they "break" the game, but you might get frustrated at how easily you'll concede goals. However, the crossing bug will also work to your advantage.
2) I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that you'll be able to carry on your save when the full game is released.

Important Info Re: Bugs

Next match engine update, fixes so far...( updated 24th October )
With all the ( mostly ) excellent constructive feedback I thought it might be worthwhile sharing what is fixed so far for the next ME update.....I'll update this as we go. Obviously there are some issues reported in this forum that won't be fixed for the next update but a later one, as there are only so many changes we can make without unbalancing things and having no time to rebalance. The most important thing for us is that come release day, we have improved upon the beta version.

Match v1302
-----------

- Fixed bug where keeper would not prevent team mate's poor control from becoming an own goal
- Fixed one more example of keeper not controlling a backpass
- Fixed players kicking off not always facing correct direction at start of 2nd half
- Fixed AI teams not always setting one central midfielder to a defensive duty
- Improved marking of player running with ball
- Some ball physics collision fixes including the "hole in the net"
- Reduced shots from tight angles

Match v1303
-----------

- Fixed players going for the same ball and both avoiding each other leaving ball loose
- Improved keepers at point blank range slightly
- Improved keeper judgement coming for ball or making save
- Improved angle of non held keeper save
- More last ditch challenges/interceptions in danger area
- Improved defender positioning in own area
- Improved player reactions to loose ball
- Made players in space more likely to try to turn to face opposition goal when on ball
- Increased use of high risk high reward passes in dangerous areas
- Fine tuned general pass choice
- Fixed unrealistic clearances towards own goal

Match v1304
-----------

- Midfields shifting across slightly more when defending
- Tweak to defensive reactions
- Reduced potential instances of wild clearances behind own goal
- Toned down some risky passes slightly from 1303

Match v1305
-----------
- Fix to stop "ghost" goals ( where ball goes in but goal kick given )​

From SI

With all the ( mostly ) excellent constructive feedback I thought it might be worthwhile sharing what is fixed so far for the next ME update.....I'll update this as we go. Obviously there are some issues reported in this forum that won't be fixed for the next update but a later one, as there are only so many changes we can make without unbalancing things and having no time to rebalance. The most important thing for us is that come release day, we have improved upon the beta version.

Match v1302
-----------

- Fixed bug where keeper would not prevent team mate's poor control from becoming an own goal
- Fixed players kicking off not always facing correct direction at start of 2nd half

Match v1303
-----------

- Fixed players going for the same ball and both avoiding each other leaving ball loose
- Made players in space more likely to try to turn to face opposition goal when on ball

Match v1304
-----------

Match v1305
-----------

From SI

Beta purpose achieved.

I play other games that have numerous bugs and receive updates and patches every week. The game was released after a Beta, and things where changed during Beta, so the payed game works properly. If we didn't had a Beta, do you prefer to pay for a bugged game?

People, just be patient. If you never tried a Beta, now it's a good time to Google it, and see its purpose.

Next match engine update, fixes so far... The most important thing for

Match v1302
-----

-

Match v1303
-----------

-

From SI

Looks good/

For those Looking for the " crossing bug" fixes, these changes above should effect that.

Looks good/

For those Looking for the " crossing bug" fixes, these changes above should effect that.

Sure does. Makes a mockery of the "sack the SI staff" comments. Quite tempted to start working on some tactics....

Yes I have and obvious bugs should be sorted out by SI very amateur of them this year! with the bugs. Like FM 2011 with the transfer bug at the beginning

Yes I have and obvious bugs should be sorted out by SI very amateur of them this year! with the bugs. Like FM 2011 with the transfer bug at the beginning

They are being sorted. Whats your point? We are playing old code, they have gained lots of info from it, and are fixing lots of bugs as we speak.

Cant see how you can call it amateur.

It's. A. Beta. It isn't the full game or even a demo. There are going to be problems, and if you took the time to actually read through the thread, or even just the previous page, you'd see a post made around an hour ago that confirms that the bugs are actually going to be fixed. Quelle surprise!

Hope they gonna fix this problems in the demo, if not- there`s no point in downloading the demo.

Match v1302
-----------

Match v1303
-----------

Match v1304
-----------

Match v1305
-----------

From SI

I am sorry, when are these changes taking effect? My steam updated something after i turned it on , but i didn't notice what,i just wondering if the changes are already up and running..

People should understand this is the beta, a test game, not officially the real one. It should be fixed when the full version comes out. Even though there are bugs in my game too, I am having tons of fun with it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back