Is there any point?

• Thread starter Thread starter Baldwin-87
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 59
  • Views Views 9K

Baldwin-87

Reaction score
Played fm/cm for about 14years now and I cant do anything right on this years game. I read loads of negative comments on here and thought its just people moaning who cant play. But this is the 3rd time of trying a new game with Newcastle and I cant win a game.
7 Games in and ive conceeded 14 goals. Got knocked out the Europa league knockout stage. Got beat 4-0 by a team full of 'greyed out' players. No matter what I try I shouldnt be getting hammered 0-3 at home by Southampton and them having 20+ shots at goal. In the 5 Prem Lge games Ive had 4 red cards, and tacklings not set to aggressive.
In previous years of playing I always enjoy bringing a Lge2 team up to the premiership, and I usually do that very well. But I don't see the point in trying this year as I cant even get a very decent Newcastle team to win!!!
Rant over |)

And can I just that Teamtalks are a waste of time. Never gave 1 without people losing confidence etc. I understand Im an unknown manager but only the youngsters tend to respond well to teamtalks

Have you tried using cautious tone? I too play as an unknown manager and it seems to work wonders for me.

im newcastle

as the title says im newcastle aswell been beat off wigan 1-0 and west ham 4-0 however i won in europe, iv got man marking on and always close down, no red cards yet, but i understand what ya saying its crazy hard..

Melq, yes m8, tried packing midfield, playing on the counter, playing a sweeper. Im not all against the game or anything, I mean Ive spent countless hours over the years on fm. But just finding this years version unbeliavably hard. I dont like d.loading tactics or player shortlists as I feel like its cheating. But I mite have to soon just to get a win!

Baldwin-87 said:
But just finding this years version unbeliavably hard. I dont like d.loading tactics or player shortlists as I feel like its cheating

Yeah, i totally agree with this mate. It's very tough to get a win, home or away. Im playing with Swansea and i've found myself changing tactics every game just to find something that works. So far, with a fair share of luck im sitting 4th in the table, but i had some 'wonderful' results like playing my first eleven at home and losing 1-6 to Carlise in the league cup.

how did you do in pre season ? did you get any good results there ? if you did look back at the formations you used and the players you played, and maybe change your training, good luck buddy.

had 6 games in pre-season and won them all, playing against mostly lesser opposition though to be fair. Ive tried training, set piece creator, individual player roles in different formations.
Gonna start again and this time things are gonna go right!XD
And in this game Cabaye better get at least 1 game higher than a 7.0!

Yes there is a point, its a great game and its even better trying to figure it out

I'm betting there's a way to beat the system. there often has been some kind of exploit in past games, be it a formation or a certain configuration of players that just seem to do the trick. Even if I do find it, I think it will ruin the game, as the idea is supposed to be realism. The thing is, I've actually coached real players, and real players can't be fit into a different system each week and succeed. You have to let them solve the puzzle on the pitch themselves, while having a structure flexible enough to deny the opponent open chances even if their formation changes. This ME seems based on the tactics used in any particular match, and whether they stack up against the opposing team's.

This ME seems based on the tactics used in any particular match, and whether they stack up against the opposing team's.

My advice is to just play counter... I picked Cordoba in Liga Adelante they have pretty solid team Im 4th after 10 games things are going alright Id be higher only for match issues but Im happy enough...
Iv tried to play the formations that teams struggle against but its had limited success... Iv employed a variation of tactics and formations in my 10 games my 4231 asymmetrical has evolved into a 433 control but its still not doing the job... however 4411 counter seems to do the trick most of the time so Im working on that now...

By the way IMO with regards to team talks, I found that last year and this new version that you can't actually give the team talks "you" would want to if you were a real manager, instead you have to tell the players what you think they want to hear, for example if I was a real manager I'd rarely ever speak to my players cautiously or reluctantly as I'm an asertive speaker and get aggressive when people don't do what I ask, but in the game winning 2-0 HT assertively telling your players to stay focused can result in the majority of the team becoming angered and to lose focus...I mean wtf?
I've just told you to be focused and you lose focus?
Player scores hattrick..tell him passionately that he was very good and he will lose focus wtf?

As someone said in a previous post cautious seems to work well even this is not what you would actually do!

I'm betting there's a way to beat the system. there often has been some kind of exploit in past games, be it a formation or a certain configuration of players that just seem to do the trick. Even if I do find it, I think it will ruin the game, as the idea is supposed to be realism. The thing is, I've actually coached real players, and real players can't be fit into a different system each week and succeed. You have to let them solve the puzzle on the pitch themselves, while having a structure flexible enough to deny the opponent open chances even if their formation changes. This ME seems based on the tactics used in any particular match, and whether they stack up against the opposing team's.

SI already know of at least one way that is being patched.

this is true, solid teams dont normally use more than 3 different formations in a season, unless they cant avoid it (like injuries), i mean wtf, there is no way players would get used to an strategy if you keep changing every match..

Well, the initial beta had exploits which they fixed and turned the game into a roll of the dice, and the fix of those from the beta update to the release gave us the football battletoads we have right now. I'm not holding my breath.

im doing great with my toon team first season and im 1st with 9 points ahead of chelsea ba, cisse and king ben have been amazing so was cabaye untill i sold him to PSG for 30 million and what bugs me is that in the jan transfer market fat *** ashley didnt give me any money to spend has this happened to any1 else?

same, i have played since champ 00/01 and always done well and had fun. on this i am on my 5th file already (3 on beta, 2 on full release) and it is just way too hard.

i seem to start well in the first 2/3 games then just lose lose lose lose lose lose.

tried villarreal, amazing team for adelante. struggled to stay in the top 8 and sacked it in after 39 games with a 10 loss streak.

what have they done.

same, i have played since champ 00/01 and always done well and had fun. on this i am on my 5th file already (3 on beta, 2 on full release) and it is just way too hard.

i seem to start well in the first 2/3 games then just lose lose lose lose lose lose.

tried villarreal, amazing team for adelante. struggled to stay in the top 8 and sacked it in after 39 games with a 10 loss streak.

what have they done.

Villareal are rubbish in my adelante game so I would say you performed as expected :)

Im playing as Cordoba I started with a control 4231 at home and 4411 counter away... I won no games playing control or attack but I have won playing counter so naturally thats what I play now... I play a 4231 counter at home and kept the 4411 counter away... Im top of the league 2 points clear of Sporting after 20 games my only real issues is none of strikers get goals on the reg I have to rotate them to get some success...

Villareal are rubbish in my adelante game so I would say you performed as expected :)

Im playing as Cordoba I started with a control 4231 at home and 4411 counter away... I won no games playing control or attack but I have won playing counter so naturally thats what I play now... I play a 4231 counter at home and kept the 4411 counter away... Im top of the league 2 points clear of Sporting after 20 games my only real issues is none of strikers get goals on the reg I have to rotate them to get some success...

ill give counter a go on my next file, think im gonna be lille

If it's conceding goals, have a go with a 3-2-2-1-2 (three centre halves, 2 wing backs, 2CMs, 1 AM, 2 FWDs). Working wonders on my Pescara save, went 10 unbeaten at the start.

Back