Status
Not open for further replies.

redrock71

Reaction score
Is anybody else finding this game impossible? I don't expect to win everything with every single team, but i can't even get a decent run going with Man Utd. Its doing my head in , I have tried different tactics , signings and it all fails ................Please I need a source of inspiration.

Get a winning run, Decent tactics, Man utd signed Hazard i have seen he is a beast for most people **** for me, Rooney the same, Berbatov the same , Players passing and shooting ****

Get a winning run, Decent tactics, Man utd signed Hazard i have seen he is a beast for most people **** for me, Rooney the same, Berbatov the same , Players passing and shooting ****

You're probably messing around too much with tactics. keep the same tactics for a while, I'd suggest one of the tried and tested tactics from this forum, then put your match prep on very high until they all become fluid. Don't change too much tactic wise.

1st season with sunderland i almost got the team relegated... last game saved my ***, 2nd season usin the same tatic just a few decent signing i am 5th place with 1 game left to the end of the season, and if i win it ill pass liverpool and be 4th :D

Couldn't agree more, played all the football manager series over the years and never had a problem with obtaining success at any level. Not the case with FM11. I started with Preston, my club, got sacked for being 17th towards the end of the season. (First time i've ever been sacked on FM) Now started another save with Stoke, played 4 lost 3 so far. Just seems literally impossible. My strikers at all my clubs so far have been absolutely awful, i'll find myself dominating some games missing about 20 chances and the opposition get 3 chances and win 3-0. Its so frustrating. I'm finding it that difficult that I'm not even enjoying it. I try to keep the same tactics but after a while when your getting hammered you want to change it, nothing seems to work. Main problem is the finishing of the strikers. Its unbelievably bad!
Any suggestions?

you best bet if you are finding it hard is too use premade tactics from this website and look why they work, and then start again and create your own from research ;D aha good luck

Funny, a couple weeks ago, someone posted saying the game was too easy.

At the beginning, I couldn't also manage teams. I even failed with man city, but that was the fault of my absent tactic knowledge

sort urself ur strongest team out and just leave it at that for a few games, then if need be change some players for a few games or tactics. Just don't change stuff every game because it will prevent ur team becoming comfortable with their team mates and system

I have similar problem. I find every FM too easy...Im running out of challanges :(

I have similar problem. I find every FM too easy...Im running out of challanges :(
If you want, when it comes out you can play my asian leagues. around 50 countries added, with at least tier 3. :)

Pick a formation that works from here and stick with it, then once you get a few results going, you can alter things such as player roles and duties. But dont make too many changes at once.

1st season with sunderland i almost got the team relegated... last game saved my ***, 2nd season usin the same tatic just a few decent signing i am 5th place with 1 game left to the end of the season, and if i win it ill pass liverpool and be 4th :D

how did you get on mate?

Couldn't agree more, played all the football manager series over the years and never had a problem with obtaining success at any level. Not the case with FM11. I started with Preston, my club, got sacked for being 17th towards the end of the season. (First time i've ever been sacked on FM) Now started another save with Stoke, played 4 lost 3 so far. Just seems literally impossible. My strikers at all my clubs so far have been absolutely awful, i'll find myself dominating some games missing about 20 chances and the opposition get 3 chances and win 3-0. Its so frustrating. I'm finding it that difficult that I'm not even enjoying it. I try to keep the same tactics but after a while when your getting hammered you want to change it, nothing seems to work. Main problem is the finishing of the strikers. Its unbelievably bad!
Any suggestions?

i completely agree with this, similarly ive taken over blackpool 3 times, came 3rd once! other two times got sacked 1st time couldnt win for love nor money second time actually got to the 40 point mark and was 10 but lost last 6-7 games heavily. but i dont think its really that possible to fail with man utd, man city etc. that is the sign of a poor manager.

i dnt no, im usually pretty good at keeping the team doing well with a basic 442 .change between putting my wide men into higher up and standard, i found that making sure one of your cm are ball wining midfielders to help the defense and one an advance playmaker. similairly having a target man and a complete forward or poacher is a useful combination. target men dont have to be tall but making it pass to feet for small target men. i win most games but when i do lose i lose heavily unfortunatly but only lost 5 in the prem last season. sometimes when your in a run of poor form (will happen) just hold faith talk to your players tell them their playing **** should turn around and also if you have other people make them play even if their not that good they might want it more and give you much better form

Thanks for the advice guys, changed tactics and intend to stick with these for a while. First game with new tactics was 'another defeat' 1-0 at home to City.
How do Stoke do generally on the game in the first season?
Because my team do appear rather useless.
Literally can't score!
Signed Steinnson from Bolton and Jenas. I do hope my fortunes change round sooner rather than later!
Never had this problem before, suppose I should enjoy the new challenge fm11 is giving me!

Cheers.
Beef.

Status
Not open for further replies.