Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that our Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

Is this Lukaku the best ever CM/FM player???

Reaction score
I have just signed Lukaku for 124 million in 2019 and he is an absolute demon! which got me wandering is he the best ever FM/old school CM player? (orginal not regen!) anybody who has played these games as much as me remembers Bakiricioglu,Patricio Perez,Evandro Roncatto,Rasmussen,Recoba,Rossi all the old school players who were awesome but im struggling to think of one that has developed like this!

Please post your opinions of the best ever player or even a player you think develops better on FM2010 - After all i sure people might of had better success post screenies if you can i will start the ball rolling with my 2019 Lukaku who i believe is the best i have seen an orginal player develop! although kennedy bakiricioglu on CM4 was quality!

DMF

@dmf180593
Reaction score
There are a lot of threads on Lukaku already mate. Search in future, but yes he probably is one of the best youngsters on the game.

Reaction score
this thread is not about lukaku on a whole my point - is he the best ever on a football/championship manager game? and if not who is the best ever player on a FM/CM game if there is a thread on this i do apologise!

Reaction score
7 of his stats are 20. That's ridiculous

Reaction score
Hope hes the best just had to fork out 15m for a 17 year old XD

Club Captain
Reaction score
CM 03/04
Jairo Fernando Castillo
Tijjani Babangida

Reaction score
Wow...i've never seen his stats so good....but I don't think he's the best CM/FM player ever....not sure who is the best.....FM 2010 i think toni kroos and verratti are beasts....

DMF

@dmf180593
Reaction score
CM 03/04
Supat Rungratsamee.

Nuff said.

Most Valuable Pirate
Reaction score
Wow...i've never seen his stats so good....but I don't think he's the best CM/FM player ever....not sure who is the best.....FM 2010 i think toni kroos and verratti are beasts....
Verratti isn't that good. 7 attributes on 20? Not even close. Verratti is a great pickup for almost no money at all, who will become a very good player, but nothing like this imo.

Reaction score
Verratti isn't that good. 7 attributes on 20? Not even close. Verratti is a great pickup for almost no money at all, who will become a very good player, but nothing like this imo.
Yes, but it aint all about attributes....I've never seen lukaku that good, and i've got far into the game many times, and half the time he ends up playing for a reserve team...or playing for shatkar or something...So he's not the best player on FM this year, and definatly not ever, because he doesn't always get that good, and for me ahs never got anywhere near that good...but everytime i've go far into a game, verratti and toni kroos are world beaters....but his attributes are crazy though..in this one game anyway

Keyboard Warrior
Reaction score
Yes, but it aint all about attributes....I've never seen lukaku that good, and i've got far into the game many times, and half the time he ends up playing for a reserve team...or playing for shatkar or something...So he's not the best player on FM this year, and definatly not ever, because he doesn't always get that good, and for me ahs never got anywhere near that good...but everytime i've go far into a game, verratti and toni kroos are world beaters....but his attributes are crazy though..in this one game anyway
Have you tryed him on the latest patch, he has turned out amazing on all the games I have played on it.

The trequartista
Reaction score
CM 03/04
Supat Rungratsamee.

Nuff said.
Portsmouth player right? Turned out great if you signed him but if left to the AI I never once saw him succeed. The same went for Alessio Cerci, Papa Waigo, Maxim Tsigalko and Fredy William Thompson.

DMF

@dmf180593
Reaction score
Portsmouth player right? Turned out great if you signed him but if left to the AI I never once saw him succeed. The same went for Alessio Cerci, Papa Waigo, Maxim Tsigalko and Fredy William Thompson.
Yeah that's the one.
14 year old Thailand star

Reaction score
for me his height is 6 and yours is 6.4 lol hes even grown for you

Keyboard Warrior
Reaction score
he's 6ft 4 on mine, are you using the latest patch?

Super Vestegnen
Reaction score
Like Dunc says, Lukaku is simply another player on the new patch - a bit like Canales.

And i would say he's upthere on the list of the best prospects in FM ever :)