Isle of Wight - 'Fountain of Youth' Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter D93J
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 4K
That's a shame!, I was looking forward to you achieving the same amount of success as MojoDex did with his save (Fountain of Youth - Guernsey)?. I'm doing alright with my save with Runcorn Linnets, now in my four season. I've managed to win the North West Counties Premier Division, Northern Premier League First Division North & Northern Premier League Premier Division league titles, plus FA Vase, West Riding Senior Cup, North West Counties Challenge Cup & Northern League Challenge Cup. Not bad 7 trophies in three seasons, but the trouble is the club turn semi-pro in second season, finances still low, can't afford semi-pro wages for players or non-playing staff, most of them still on amateur contacts. I've managed to build a little finance up by playing friendlies against higher reputation clubs. Youth setup not bad but still not producing many decent players, also I'm running a risk of my players & non-playing staff moving on free transfers because of amateur contacts.

I was raging. However, I've sorted the issue that cause the save to corrupt. Thankfully it shouldn't happen again.

I'm doing something not too dissimilar, just a few divisions up with Rangers in the conference. I'll love it, with Rangers being my team after all. I'll be doing a youth challenge again as its more rewarding and challenging.

With Isle of Wight I turned semi-pro in my first season and I never noticed, yet my ametuer contract players weren't poached once it happened. No idea why! Also my finances were superb with £90,000 profit in the first season by winning the treble. No idea how yours might be different. Good luck though, mate.

Two stories have died on me now. Rather annoying as I want one to span years and years with great success. My two previous, Uerdingen in German 5th tier and Newport Isle of Wight in the 9th tier were both extremely successful in the first seasons to make it even more painful!

Back