DjEoin

Reaction score
the more i play this the more i see the same issues
im on my 8th season in the PL, last season i won it, dominating the whole season with a young squad
this season im struggling to win games, with the same squad that have only gotten better, or suppose to of#

my team are now struggling to score goals, in every game i have about 20 shots and score 1 if im lucky, yet every team i come across seem to just need 1 shot to score against me

ive come across this a few times while playing the game that every other team are much more clinical when playing me and i dont get it

i just played a champions league game against a terrible team that havnt even got a point, i had about 30 shots, they had 4, only 1 on target and they only had 38% possession, plus down to 10 mean, end result 1-1, just utter bullshit

i also seem to have a goal ruled out every couple of games, its happened so much now, i score and it doesnt count, its really like every second game

anyone else facing these issues? cause its driving me mad cause theres nothing i can seem to do to fix it

try changing your tactic slightly, your opposition gets wise to how your team plays and trys to counter it, i dont have a solution to the disallowed goals as it happens to me all the time aswell, i also seem to concede alot of penaltys and lucky if i get 2 a season!

D - To me, it seems like whilst you most Of the time have the ability to stop the players getting complacent, you have trouble turning things around ( drop in morale, confidence etc) once things starts to go downhill. In situation where your team has started to go on a poor run, what do you do as a manager ?

- The 1-1 result in the match you described in not utter bullshit since it happends in real life to.

- I agree that there are too many disallowed goals but this I out down to cosmetics. In real life, many if the situations won't be called off since it was pretty obvious that the play had actually stopped prior to the " goal". In the game, the commentary often says something in the lines of " it's a goal but it has been disallowed" whilst in real life they would say " The referee has blown his whistle so obviously no goal" so in real life, we don't really consider that as a disallowed goal.

If the opponent are always more clinical infront of goal, them have a look at their chances. It might be that theirs are better than yours( like when outnumbering you on the counter whilst your are in tight spots and with the players under pressure)

i dont have trouble pulling my team out of slumps
and i wouldnt be annoyed if i wasnt dominating every game, i always have 60-70 possession and at least 4 times their shots and my team seems to take no chances at all, yet my players are good, my striker was top goalscorer in europe last season

when i finish a game all my players have a rating of 7 min and yet i still draw or lose, how?

i dont mind losing and stuff but every game the other team is unrealistically clinical

and i know there are games when the underdog pulls out a great result but not like that, that would never happen in real life
the team was terrible and down to 10 mean yet score from once chance, they saw like 10 mins of the ball the whole game
just bullshit

this is just put me off the game tbh cause it makes no sense how every team can be so clinical and my team just isnt

i dont have trouble pulling my team out of slumps
and i wouldnt be annoyed if i wasnt dominating every game, i always have 60-70 possession and at least 4 times their shots and my team seems to take no chances at all, yet my players are good, my striker was top goalscorer in europe last season

when i finish a game all my players have a rating of 7 min and yet i still draw or lose, how?

i dont mind losing and stuff but every game the other team is unrealistically clinical

and i know there are games when the underdog pulls out a great result but not like that, that would never happen in real life
the team was terrible and down to 10 mean yet score from once chance, they saw like 10 mins of the ball the whole game
just bullshit

this is just put me off the game tbh cause it makes no sense how every team can be so clinical and my team just isnt

The bold means nothing if you dont use it, Just ask Liverpool

Because they are hitting you on the counter attack. The most clinical kind of attack because your entire defence is caught on the hop. It's entirely realistic, the issue is that you are giving up counter attacking chances, but without knowing more about how you play it wont go much further

yea but im better than liverpool, my team is arguably the best in europe at the moment, its like though cause i won the league last year foot man has decided to give me all ends of ****
its unrealistic, every team i play just needs one shot, i know that happens in real life but not in every game
i was playing betis in the champions league, i start off strong, get some good chances, they then have 3 shots and score every single one and then dont see the ball again for the rest of the game
it just doesnt happen, not to the extent im having
i have no weaknesses to my team and the main problem is my team never scores anymore
my striker had 46 goals last season, 37 in the league
half way through this season hes on 7 yet hes still just as good and only 26

yea but im better than liverpool, my team is arguably the best in europe at the moment, its like though cause i won the league last year foot man has decided to give me all ends of ****
its unrealistic, every team i play just needs one shot, i know that happens in real life but not in every game
i was playing betis in the champions league, i start off strong, get some good chances, they then have 3 shots and score every single one and then dont see the ball again for the rest of the game
it just doesnt happen, not to the extent im having
i have no weaknesses to my team and the main problem is my team never scores anymore
my striker had 46 goals last season, 37 in the league
half way through this season hes on 7 yet hes still just as good and only 26

Then you need to change you approach, you are giving away counter attacks and conceding. There is nothing unrealistic about that. What's "unrealistic" is not adapting to that. They are not magically going to stop punching through a weak point.

Your team doesnt score and is conceding on the counter, that is a weakness. 2 very big ones in fact.

Again tell us how you play, or we cant really help/

i play a 4-5-1
a compact controlling formation
and as i said i dont really have weaknesses and have tried changing it about
i dont think ur getting what im saying
it is very unrealistic cause it would never happen in real life, its like man u or barca not winning games against the smallest teams because they cant score against them and the other team just needs one chance
i understand it happens but not every single game

i play a 4-5-1
it is very unrealistic cause it would never happen in real life, its like man u or barca not winning games against the smallest teams because they cant score against them and the other team just needs one chance

I do understand, but you are missing the point.

If you have the same weakness, and you don't deal with it. You will routinely concede the same way. It will happen almost every single game, because its still there.

Yeah, that's Man Utd actually shift small things to adjust, and are general well set up from the start. They adjust and learn from their mistakes.

Barca interestingly have been playing with a flaw this season though, got away it in the League through sheer quality, but rode their luck in the CL and were eventually heavily punished.

Screenshots of the tactic please, you keep saying you dont, but if you are giving up the same kind of chance repeatedly then you do.

i play a 4-5-1

Are you seriusly suggesting that its unrealistic for a team to underachieve? If the players are out form and/or are getting frustrated /anxious /nervous from not scoring and keeping giving away chances on the counter. If they don't have a manager that is just as good as them at man management etc. In my opinion, it's highly realistic.

Again: How do you coach your players/team when you see this scenario ? If your players are missing sitters and are showing a body language like described above, or the team simply is not creating space etc ?

can you screenshot your tactics for us? could be something so simple thats causing it.

i really feel you guys are just not listening
ill repeat myself, i have no problem with losing games or under achieving, i can come back from that
but for every single game i play, the opponent just needs 1 shot to score, i need 20 that is a joke
that i struggle against the bottom teams and walk away with a point, yet all my players play at a rating of 7 min
yes it is very unrealistic, its like barca all of a sudden cant win games, it doesnt happen

none of my players are low on moral, they are all high on moral and none are off form cause they all have good games
i just cant score and the other team is far too clinical in every game

yes it is very unrealistic, it would never happen

how can a team go from dominating the season before, with a good young team, scoring goals for fun and now struggle to score against a 10 man team that wouldnt survive in the championship

half my players have an average rating of at least 7.60 yet i still cant win?

i play tight and controlling and my tatics work, the only thing failing is they cant score, thats the only thing my team is missing, if my team took more chances then it wouldnt matter how clinical the other teams were id be fine

and then when i finally do score it doesnt stand, yet the teams im against never seem to have a goal chopped off

so what do i do then?

We are listening, you're just not taking on any of our advice.

I dont know how many times I can tell you this.

You are struggling because they are playing on the counter now, and your approach struggles to break them down, but equally it leaves you open for the counter.

It's no unrealistic, you refuse to accept that approach of oppositions sides towards you has shifted, and thus your approach has been compromised.

Your tactic doesnt "work" if it did, you would not have the same problem day in and day out, which is why we keep asking you to post a screenshot.

You're asking what to do, and we're telling you. But you're ignoring it, I dont know what else you want from us then.

How many CCCs do you create in average per game and how many half chances? How many does the opponent create ? When your team are missing chances, what is the most common body language?

one person asked to post a screen shot, ill do that when i have a chance, i cant just now

and u really still dont seem to get it

you have given no advice at all, all your saying is oh they are countering you, thats just bullshit

you keep avoiding what im saying to you

no matter how i put my team out they should still win most there games cause my players are far Superior to anyone else, i have the best striker in the world, the best defence and midfield in the EPL by miles

and all you can say is oh they counter you, thats so much bullshit i cant believe it

so your saying you just have to go counter and u will never miss a chance and win all your games and stop all their shots?

plz listen, it is unrealistic because its like the top teams in the world all of a sudden not being able to score and every other team just being able to score every shot

that you are honestly struggling to understand this is just unbelievable

im not even open to countering, i keep my defence deep and hold and control the ball without over committing

if you even look at the top teams they very rarely change tatics in real life

what u r saying is just mad

oh wow you dominated the epl but having changed your tatic, your not allowed to score anymore, is that really realistic?

Reading your post above, I actually give up. I have tried to help you but since you don't seem to actually want help, then there is no reason why so ever for this thread to stay open. Just use the frustrationthread instead.

Please, do correct me if I am wrong though( by simply answering the questions I have asked in my previous posts)

How many CCCs do you create in average per game and how many half chances? How many does the opponent create ? When your team are missing chances, what is the most common body language?

well just looked back at the 2 games i uses as an example

the game i dominated with 70% pos and had over 25 shots, i had out of that 3 clear cut chances, they had 4 shots, 0 clear cut shots and were down to 10 men. We ended up drawing 1-1

the game against betis, i lost 3-1 again i dominated, this time we both had 2 clear cut chances but still they score i dont

looked back at others i always seem to have more clear cut chances

and body language is "seems composed" after my games

one person asked to post a screen shot, ill do that when i have a chance, i cant just now

and u really still dont seem to get it

you have given no advice at all, all your saying is oh they are countering you, thats just bullshit

you keep avoiding what im saying to you

no matter how i put my team out they should still win most there games cause my players are far Superior to anyone else, i have the best striker in the world, the best defence and midfield in the EPL by miles

and all you can say is oh they counter you, thats so much bullshit i cant believe it

so your saying you just have to go counter and u will never miss a chance and win all your games and stop all their shots?

plz listen, it is unrealistic because its like the top teams in the world all of a sudden not being able to score and every other team just being able to score every shot

that you are honestly struggling to understand this is just unbelievable

im not even open to countering, i keep my defence deep and hold and control the ball without over committing

if you even look at the top teams they very rarely change tatics in real life

what u r saying is just mad

oh wow you dominated the epl but having changed your tatic, your not allowed to score anymore, is that really realistic?

top teams adjust, almost all the time, whether its small things, like the defensive line, tempo etc, or whether its bigger and field a differnt formation.

To say they rarely adjust is completely wrong. To expect your opposition not to do adjust is naive at best.

As ive said about 5 times, without a screenshot, its impossible to give any more detailed advice.

I've not said anything at all about going counter, you are deliberate misinterpreting what i have said.

The bold sums up why you have issues:

as long as you think along that lines you have no chance. Your set up isn't not fundamentally working. that is quite clear.

You have two tactics mods trying to help you, so again, screenshot of your tactic.