meb1976

Reaction score
Just so everyone knows i know have Filippos Tsoutis on board helping me with the database. If anyone is familiar with the fantastic Legends of the 80s database he is the one who created that so im sure with our combined effort this Italia 90 db will take on a whole new dimension. He is going to help me with the Eastern European league as i admittedly only know a limited amount about this area in the 1990 era. Thanks everyone.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Football-Manager-Italia-1990/139929062881181?ref=hl

Last edited:
thanks, mate!Yugoslavia was pretty strong team back than:)

If anyone has downloaded this, im looking for feedback on improvements. This is an ongoing project so considered work in progress

Last edited:
Impressive scope on the database! Still lots of detail to be added, I see. I'd be happy to help if there's any areas in particular you could use a hand with.

Hi Sandy, ive not really done anything to the db for a long time. Kinda gave up/lost motivation. There has been a LOT of work done to it as you can see but still only about 25% complete. Would love to get the motivation to start again :/

Haha, I know how that goes! I got my Atlantis db to about 95% done and then just lost all interest in finishing it xD

I've edited a copy of the Italia 90 db a bit for my own use - basically I've added a few players to my beloved Tottenham and filled in the gaps in their stats. Would be happy to do that for a wider ranger of players if you like. I've basically been using CM01/02 and CM97/98 databases as guidelines for what the younger players were like at their peak, and then letting the CA level them down to something more suitable, as well as using worldfootball.net for heights and weights. Not 100% perfect but it does get the general "shape" of the player right.

From what I can see, the main things that need working on are:
1) Changing managers and chairmen to the correct ones for the era
2) Adding more stats for the legends of the era; some are good but quite a few just have half a dozen 15s (sorry, I'm kinda ****-retentive when it comes to this sort of thing >.>; )
3) Reducing the CAs for some of the younger players (Nesta, for example, is 14 and has a CA that'd make him a decent Premier League player)
4) Changing the contract start dates of the players to more than 6 months before the game's start so that they'll be more inclined to move (easily done with a mass edit).
5) Adding more youngsters to a lot of the squads, players that might not have been legends but were nevertheless 1st team players for their club. For example, at Spurs, I've added Stephen Carr, Stuart Nethercott, Dean Austin, and a few others.
6) Club badges and kits from the era ;D
7) Removing club affiliates (not really something that existed back in 1990? I could be wrong)

Obviously, with the sheer amount of clubs and players you've already added/edited, that's a helluva lot of work! xD
But I can help on any or none of these things. Just let me know what you'd like me to do :)

Yeah Dan if you want to do any work on the DB feel free. Add the Italia 90 page on Facebook and send me a message so i can send you the most up to date db i was working on. I tried teaming up with another person to do the db but i felt it was too complicated as he would do some work when i was working on it at the same time then when we merged the db's some of the player data ended up lost :/
PS Would Stephen Carr have been at Spurs in 1990? I didnt think he was that old lol

We-ell, he signed youth terms with them in '91, but that's close enough xD

I don't have Faceboook (shocker, I know). Any chance you could email it to me pls?

Neat, that's the one I've got downloaded. I'll get working on player stats now.

Ah cool no pressure do what you can. Any help is appreciated

Will defo give this a look if I wasn't snowed under with my dissertation and exams I'd happily help out I'm done in a few weeks though so I'll see how I am fixed and if I'm needed I'll gladly help you guys complete this.

Progress...

Players: Tottenham (43/43 players), AFC Ajax (40/40 players), Spartak Moscow (2/36 players), Luis Figo, Luis Enrique, Hristo Stoitchkov, Tony Adams, Zvonimir Boban, David Platt, Steffen Freund, Alen Boksic, Ciro Ferrara, Giuseppe Signori, Pavel Nedved, Nwankwo Kanu, Jari Litmanen, Winston Bogarde, Peter van Vossen, Marc Overmars, Pal Fischer, George Weah, Roberto Baggio, Miguel Angel Nadal, Roberto Sensini, Freddy Rincon, Finidi George, Oleg Salenko, Rob Witschge,

Managers: AFC Ajax, Spartak Moscow,

Chairmen: AFC Ajax, Tottenham,

Logos & Kits: Tottenham, AFC Ajax,

Histories: Louis van Gaal, Danny Blind, Mark Verkuijl, Erik Regtop, Danny Muller, Oleg Romantsev,

Just a note, with the youngsters I'm not just looking at who was in the main squad in 1990, but players who could reasonably have been in their youth teams at that time. While English clubs don't (can't?) sign players on youth contracts till they're 15, Dutch and Belgian clubs sign players as young as 12 (AFC Ajax even have a U8 squad; several of 'em, in fact xD). I'm also allowing a little leeway on players who were particularly significant, either for the club or country. Of course, feel free to remove any players you think aren't in keeping with the database :)

Also looking to get the correct kit styles (in the database) and logo graphics for the era where I can. I'll probably do a few kit graphics, too, but no promises xD

Just FYI, I'm generally making about 50 changes per player.

Last edited:
Yeah thats good, i was trying to keep it as realistic to 1990 as possible but i agree with what you are saying with the young players. Good stuff, keep it up :) Are you planning to do much to the db?

As much as I can before interest/attention span falter xD
Just starting work on Ajax, and I'll probably do Milan after them, then go back to doing batches of other players.

I'll probably avoid any youth players who would be under 14, seeing as how that's the game's minimum age.

Sorry, not touched it in a few days. Will get back to it tonight.

Later than intended (had a wedding last weekend) but I'm back working on the DB.

Last edited:
I'll be aiming to get another coupla dozen players or so done this weekend. Friday and Saturday nights are about the only time in the week I have both the energy and free time to work on this, sadly. Let me know any time you want me to send you a copy of the updated DB.

Hey Sandy, good to hear from you. Thought you'd lost that editing bug! lol
How you getting on mate??

Still using Post #13 as my progress post. Completely finished Ajax and Ajax-related players, edited another handful of random(ish) players, and started work on Spartak Moscow.

I'm not editing with any specific focus or direction, so if there's a club/country you want me to concentrate on then just say.