Italian football scandal

• Thread starter *J*
  • Start date
  • Replies 52
  • Views 4K
I still would of relegated Juventus to Serie C although -30 in B is pretty funny.

Yeah well it doesn't entirly mean that Man Utd wont get the players they are linked with becuase Ac Milan will need to make up 30million in missing out on the champions league, but i dont think that will worry them too much. Players probably wont go on the cheap but I think that all the teams will sell there players more easily. And has anyone heard what is happening to the Champs league place? Will, they be awarded to Liverpool so they dont have to go thru qualifying and does anyone know what is going to happen with the titles that Juve have been stripped of?

How does it work I've just read on another board Juve will start off with -30 points does that mean they have to win 10 games just to get to 0 points? and are the teams that where ment to go down this season just going to stay up

*J* said:
How does it work I've just read on another board Juve will start off with -30 points does that mean they have to win 10 games just to get to 0 points? and are the teams that where ment to go down this season just going to stay up

Pretty much.

champs league places goin 2, Inter, Roma, Chievo, and Palermo who finished 4th, 5th, 6th and 8th respectively.
Surely no Italian teams should be in Europe as whose to say the whole league wasnt a fix

What about individual players? Will there be punishments for them or is it a case of slave does what master says, master gets caught, master gets in trouble. I understand that the players will now have to play in serie B, and that alone is a drop in media coverage, but this might lift Serie B popularity and more people will tune in and more money will pour in to the teams...??!?! just a thought.

This is going to be interesting. Transfer market is going to be so cool!!! ;) I didn't want Fiorentina to go down but if they did wat they were found guilty of they deserve it. Fiorentina just bought some good players Sebastian Frey and Mutu (he came from Juve to escape the fall.) Its funny how Mutu has to go down a league anyway....

Inter will walk Serie A this year, because they said they were going to buy Trezeguet, Ibrahimovic or Toni so that would really help them.

Italy are going to be an embarassment in European competitions next year with empoli and parma in europe etc.

I don't think Milan will really sell anyone there still in the league and could still win it by some kind of miracle, or they could get some money for even getting into next seasons european comps or win the cups they have in Italy. Juve are well and truly ****** tbh, will probably go down to serie C, with everyone going more or less but Del Piero and Nedved.

I don't think anything is happening to the players in terms of bans and fines etc, I think they all got off with it before the World Cup even started, it was just the teams.

Lloyd said:
I don't think anything is happening to the players in terms of bans and fines etc, I think they all got off with it before the World Cup even started, it was just the teams.

If that's the case, we know the clubs are punished for match fixing, but HOW exactly did they do it? I thought players would have to be throwing matches (giving away goals) and that sort of thing. Did the players know about it, Did coaches know about it, like Capello managing a move to Real Madrid before all this took place. Were the referees involved? Obviously it was all for the sake of money. Money, i suppose would only been seen by the hierarchy of the clubs?! Maybe the players were'nt involved?

If you read up on it they were choosing refs for games and in other games they got the refs to send of key players in opposite teams so they were banned when it came to the time they took on their own team.

So it was all out of the players hands, and minds?!?! I suppose those refs are no longer working?!?! I did read up on it as i was typing my last reply, and i just find it hard to believe that none of the players knew anything about it??!? And if they did, (obviously) are keeping very quiet.

Ye a lot of it is a mystery. im sure i heard on sky sports news that about 20 refs are being investigated.

I've heard that Ac Milan could still be in the UEFA cup because of Cheivo(or someone else) hasn't got a Uefa cup permit. If this happens I think there willbe an extra place given to another country.

Yeah the Refs are being investigated, it had nothing to do with the players, Clackerbag has hit it all on the head. Juve's players will be leaving I bet in the next couple of week. Tbh, juve will go to serie C i think and it will take them a long while to get promoted back to serie A.

Punishments cut for Italian clubs

Some of Italy's biggest clubs were implicated in the scandal
Lazio and Fiorentina have been reinstated to Serie A after appealing against their match-fixing punishments.
Fiorentina had been demoted to Serie B with a 12-point deduction. Lazio were relegated with a seven-point penalty.

Now both will play in the top division, but with a 19-point deduction for Fiorentina and 11 points for Lazio.

Juventus still have to play in Serie B, but on minus 17 points not minus 30. AC Milan stay in Serie A with their penalty cut from 15 points to eight.

The original punishments were handed out to the disgraced clubs by a Rome tribunal just five days after Italy won the World Cup.

The Italian Football Federation (FIGC) heard the appeals against those punishments on Tuesday.

All four clubs implicated have denied the accusations.

Only in Italy eh?

Thats ******* stupid. What possible evidence could Lazio, Fiorentina, Juve & Milan come up with in the past week that they couldn't of in the 2-3 months before the trial??

Bullshit.

Yeah dodgy.... plus Juve and Fiorentina have to play i think their first three games on neutral ground woot......:rolleyes: What does it mean for Champions League who will be playin in CL? Since AC will be put into the qualifing stages.

Nobody has control of football anymore. It makes me dislike Italian football even more. This is causing more drifts. Sucks!

Italian football federation were given another day to complete their list of who is going to be playing in European competition, AC Milan are now in the uefa cup not CL. Loos like the only players leaving clubs now will be from Juve.