Italian National Team Euro 2012 Tactic by Raikan007

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 21K
I don't get why, when emulating Italy, then you are testing the tactic with Man UTD. That's a waste imo.

I've tried replicating the tactic also, but my formation is slightly different.

Keeper
CB CB
WB DM WL
CM CM
AM
Striker Striker

This works really well, and Marco Verratti ind my current save(Pescara, second season) sometimes gets around 110 passes in a game.

Why on earth would it matter if an Italy emulation tactic was tested with Man Utd?

good for you mate!

I used it with and for Italy for fun, it is not a proper released tactic, it was just for fun!

so what you saying is that if you make a Barca tactic its pointless using/testing it with anyone but them is what you are saying really.........
I guess that was what i said. It wasn't what i meant none the less. Ofc you are allowed to use it with other teams. I just think, that in this thread, only results with Italy has relevance.

Like i said i'm testing my tactic with Pescara, but if i were to make a thread about my tactic - the results would be with Italy.

I guess i'm weird that way.

Last edited:
I guess that was what i said. It wasn't what i meant none the less. Ofc you are allowed to use it with other teams. I just think, that in this thread, only results with Italy has relevance.

thats rather a pointless point mate! I can see where you are coming from, however, a tactic is used by whoever wants to use it with their current teams whether it being Man Utd/Villareal/West Ham etc.. some might just start a game for fun as manager of Italy (like I did for a while) and do that...

its not ITALY tactic, its an emulation of their approach which can be used for any team, any time :)

thats rather a pointless point mate! I can see where you are coming from, however, a tactic is used by whoever wants to use it with their current teams whether it being Man Utd/Villareal/West Ham etc.. some might just start a game for fun as manager of Italy (like I did for a while) and do that...

its not ITALY tactic, its an emulation of their approach which can be used for any team, any time :)
I understand. :-)

Very nice tactic! I like it.

I haven't used it much yet but i loaded it up with my Man City save that had friendly with Barca coming up to test the tactic. I used FMRTE to give it max familiarity so it would all be fluid to feel how this tactic actually works and since i liked the result so much i thought i'll post it here for everyone to see:

I won 1-0 But the impressive part is the fact that i managed to completely shut down Barca so they didnt have a single chance. Amazing performance from Valdes ensured that Barca conceded only 1 goal but it could have easily been 2/3/4-0 aswell.

Here are the teams used and the substitutions (Messi wasn't playing tho)

View attachment 258542

Here's my team setup (Didnt do any subs)
View attachment 258543

And last but not least, the stats:

View attachment 258544

All in all, seems like a very decent defensive tactic. Hopefully i have a chance to try it more in the coming weeks.

Edit: This seems to be extremely dependant on a good team tho. Tried this tactic with Athletic Club and witnessed one of the most horrible defeats i have ever had. Lost 5-1 to Stromgodset (Or however it's spelled) at home, conceded 3 from corners.

Last edited:
Back