It's all a load of balls.... The Rise Through Europe

I read your career and it is a nice journey. Let's hope you will promote. :D How many games do you play per day? Let's hope you will note stop the save. You're doing a great job. How is going Malmo in the first league by the way? :)

July 2017 Review

July 2017 Review

Results

Swedish Second Division North
Kiruna FF 1 - 5 Ange IF

View attachment 83657

Kiruna were expected to finish at the bottom end of the table before the season started, and they were living up to that expectation sitting in 9th position. This has probably been our best performance of the season so far, proving to be the better team all over the pitch! Our dominance was reflected in the stats, with 31 shots on goal, 62% possession as we gave our opponents a 5-1 thrashing.

Ange IF 2 - 2 IFK Timra

View attachment 83656

IFK Timra were the pre season favourites to win the league and were sitting in 5th. We'd already managed to beat them away from home early in the season and I'd reminded my boys of this to give them a confidence boost going into this one. Striker Robin Arestav banged in his 2nd goal of the season to give us the lead at the end of the 1st half after going through one on one with the keeper. I told the guys at half time that they were doing well but I knew they were capable of better in a bid to keep them focussed and motivated. It didn't work as we lacked concentration at the back and in the end walked away with a 2-2 draw.

Soderhamns FF 2 - 2 Ange IF

View attachment 83654

We'd drawn our previous game with Soderhamns FF in a boring 0-0 so it was hard to know what to expect here away from home, but we were oursiders for this one. I wished the boys luck as they left the dressing room and had a gut feeling we might need a little luck today... For some reason the air of confidence I had felt most of the season to date just wasn't there today. 7 minutes in that feeling was confirmed as we conceeded a poor goal, with **** poor defending on our part, to go 1-0 down. 25 mins down and we were being dominated so I gave a shout from the touchlines to tell the team I was demanding more from them. To their credit, they rallied and scored an equalizer through top goalscorer Ludvig Axelsson right on the stroke of half time. After going 2-1 down mid way through the 2nd half, Axelsson bagged his 2nd of the game to secure us a point with a 2-2 draw.

Ange IF 3 - 0 Gallivare Malmbergets FF

View attachment 83652

The confidence was back in my belly for this one and it must have rubbed off on the team as their performance was brilliant. Restricting our opponents to only 2 shots on goal and creating 22 of our own. A strong performance and a solid 3-0 win!

Bodens BK 2 - 0 Ange IF

View attachment 83651

It was 1st vs 3rd up next as we took on Bodens, who like ourselves had only lost 2 games all season. We gave a good account of ourselves in a tight game but fell to two cracking strikes from Bodens and suffered our 3rd defeat of the season.

League Table

View attachment 83650

Still top but our 3 point lead has now been reduced to none and we stay top on goal difference alone.

Player of the Month

Ludvig Axelsson
AML/ST

Appearances: 4
Goals: 4
Assists: 0
Dribbles: 4
Average Rating: 7.90

That man Axelsson gets it for a 2nd month in a row. Some cracking performances with 4 goals in 4 games.

Squad News

Nothing to really report this month. The squad seems happy and are continuing to play relatively well.

Manager Views

Obviously extremely happy to still be top of the league with only 8 games left now. We've put ourselves in an extremely strong position to be involved at the business end of the season, with promotion now seen as a genuine possibility. We need to rally after the defeat to Bodens but a couple of good results this coming month would be huge in our bid to win the league.

I read your career and it is a nice journey. Let's hope you will promote. :D How many games do you play per day? Let's hope you will note stop the save. You're doing a great job. How is going Malmo in the first league by the way? :)

Hi Ciprian, and thanks for your comment. I try to play as much as I can but when I get on a good session I can comfortably sit there for hours if I can find the time. I tend to find that about 4-5 games an hour is realistic for me.

Just checked for you and Malmo are top of the league with 40 points from 19 games....12 wins, 4 draws and 3 losses. They're two points clear of IFK Goteborg who have a game in hand.

August 2017 Review

August 2017 Review

Results

Ange IF 0 - 1 IFK Mora

View attachment 83598

The early sending off put us right up against it in this game and we never really looked like scoring if I'm honest. To go down 1-0 is disappointing but we were unable to give a true account of ourselves playing most of the game with only 10 men.

Skelleftea FF 5 - 4 Ange IF

View attachment 83597

I wasnt looking forward to this game as Skelleftea have already beaten us at home this season and we were coming into this off the back of two defeats in a row. However, we made a great start taking an early lead through Axelsson who was back in the side after missing the last game through injury. But it didn't last long and we went into half time 2-1 down! This was not good and we stared our 3rd defeat on the trot in the face!! I changed up our formation for the 2nd half to go more attacking, and we hit back early in the 2nd half to equalize through striker Arestav. That's when all **** broke loose and there were another 5 goals to come between the two sides. Unfortunately we came out on the wrong end of a 5-4 defeat. Our form was dipping at exactly the wrong time in the season!

Ange IF 0 - 0 Harnosands FF

View attachment 83596

Block, block, block, block, block. Harnosands FF, the master blockers! Cant believe it, we had chance after chance in this game and every time we got a shot off on goal one of their players was in the way. I have to commend their determination but I'm gutted to have only drawn this game.

Ange IF 4 - 0 Bergnasets AIK

View attachment 83595

Now if there's ever a time you want to play the team thats struggling at the bottom of the league, its when you're on a run of 4 games without a win and in deserate need of a victory to keep you in the promotion race. And that game was this one... And that victory came in the way of a 4-0 win. Arestav scored an amazing goal from 25 years into the top corner, and Axelsson banged in his 10th of the season.

League Table

View attachment 83594

We've dropped out of the top two with only 4 games left. We need a strong final month if we're going to secure a top 2 place!

Player of the Month

Robin Arestav
ST

Appearances: 4 (1 sub)
Shots: 15
Average Rating: 7.80

It's been a tough month to pick a player that stood out as the team has been pretty poor all round. But it had to go to Arestav with 4 goals in 4 games.

Squad News

• [*=center]After the Skelleftea defeat, I had to call a team meeting. Morale was on the decline with 3 defeats in a row and the team needed a lift. I called them in and told them to hold their heads high. Things hadn't gone right for us these last few games but I installed some confidence to the team telling them they had the ability to turn things around. It was well received and the morale instantly shot up for virtually every player.

• [*=center]Rumour has it that Umea FC manager Andree Jeglertz has been seen at a couple of our games scouting defensive midfielder Adrian Pettersson.

Manager Views

It's been an awful month with only 1 win to our name and I'm disappointed to have dropped out of the top two at this crucial stage of the season. I can only do my best to rally the troops and pick them up for the final 4 games to try to get us back up to at least a playoff place.

New Contract

ange-if-logo-45D160CE7E-seeklogo.com.gif

New Contract Offered

I was offered a new 1 year contract by the chairman who stated that he was pleased with the progress the club had made since I took over a year ago. The contract offered me a £50 pay rise to £400 per week and I was happy to accept the offer.

I've enjoyed my first year here at Ange who gave me my first shot in management and I felt I owed them a level of loyalty by signing up for another year, whether we get promoted this season or not. I'm determined to bring some success to this club and by no means is my business here done just yet!

Key Players Sign Contracts

Key Players Sign On For Another Year

After a sit down with both my captain Sebastian Sandberg and vice captain Adrian Pettersson, I managed to convince both of them that Ange IF is where their future lies and both have signed new 1 year deals with the club.

I urged the players to show the same loyalty I had to the club in signing a new contract and told them they were a big part of my plans for the club, promotion or not. We spoke about this year's possibilities and I explained about how far we'd come this year compared to last and convinced them that even if we don't quite make it this year, I'm confident that next year would be our year to win the league!

Final Day Of The Season.... It All Comes Down To This!

Title Race Comes Down To Final Game

It's the final day of the season and it's all come down to this. We are sitting top of the table on 45 points. Hudiksvalls are 2nd with 45 points, only a superior goal difference keeping us above them. And guess who my final game is against, yep you guessed it, it's Hudiksvalls FF vs Ange IF in a winner takes all finale! And neither team can rely on a draw with Bodens BK sitting 3rd and only 2 points behind. What a tense way to end the season, we could finish as champions, in the playoffs or miss out on both altogether!

View attachment 83589

September 2017 Review

September 2017 Review

Results

Moron BK 3 - 2 Ange IF

View attachment 83585

At this stage of the season, when you play a team in the bottom 3 of the league, you have to win! Unfortunately, we were **** and massively disappointing! Didn't create enough chances, didn't defend well, the goalie had a shocker. It all went wrong and promotion is slipping through our fingers at the final hurdle.

Ange IF 4 - 3 IFK Ostersund

View attachment 83584

This was a must win game for us if we were going to stay in the promotion race. Ostersund were sitting 5th and on a decent run so it was going to be a difficult game. We were 2-0 up and cruising within 20 minutes and then the team just went to **** again and we ended up 3-2 down by half time....what the actual f*ck!! This team is so low on confidence at the moment its unreal and I'm struggling to give them a boost! A total bollocking was in order at half time as I'm fed up with the team and being nice is getting me nowhere right now... So I gave them the biggest *** kicking they've had all season! AND IT WORKED...the team came out and scored two goals without reply and we took the game in an epic 4-3 win! Promotion is not out of our sights just yet...

Ange IF 3 - 0 Kiruna FF

View attachment 83583

Bottom of the league Kiruna were up next and if we slipped up against the bottom side, the dream of automatic promotion would surely be over if other teams in the top 4 won. I sent the team out knowing what was required, and they looked focussed and determined as they left the changing room. And they showed it with a decent performance against the struggling Kiruna side, securing a 3-0 win. Aday Kaplan starring from the bench with 2 goals - we've missed him over the past 5 or 6 games through injury and it's good to have him back scoring again.

Hudiksvalls FF 4 - 1 Ange IF

View attachment 83582

You couldn't have written a better script. It's the final game of the season, it's 1st vs 2nd and their both on the same amount of points. Its winner takes all and I can feel the nerves in the changing room before the game. All that was left was for me to wish the boys luck and tell them to do it for our fans! Then reality hits and we go down 1-0 after only 11 minutes...I encourage my boys from the touchline and pray they don't fold now! ****, 13 minutes and its 2-0! I was gutted and couldn't see a way back but had to try to remain positive for the players out there! But I needed to see more fight for the shirt on their back and the badge on their chest and I told them just that! A brilliant free kick from Daniel Wallsten made it 2-1 but they hit straight back at us again for 3-1! F*ck, at 2-1 I'd have fancied at least a draw from the second half but this was an uphill battle now. And the second half was a shocker, conceeding again, Pettersson sent off - without a doubt this was the shittest day of my managerial career so far :-(

Final League Table

View attachment 83581

Gutted, after being in the top 2 for most of the season and having it in our own hands on the final day, we unfortunately couldn't see it through and ended up dropping away from the playoff place too. We finished 3rd in the end!

Player of the Month

Ludvig Axelsson
AML/ST

Goals: 1
Assists: 2
Completed Passes: 163
Average Rating: 7.23

Axelsson picks it up for the 3rd time this season. There were no exceptional players throughout the month, but Ludvig was a massive contributor to the team going forward again involved in 3 goals in 4 games. His passing was a joy to watch, rarely giving the ball away.

Squad News

• [*=center]Aday Kaplan scored the 50th goal of his career in the 3-0 win over Kiruna FF.
    [*=center]Sebastien Sandberg and Adrian Pettersson both signed 1 year contracts.

Manager Views

Mixed feelings to be honest. We've overachieved on what the board expected so I'm pleased with that. I have a good team of players here, to build upon. We have improved 6 places on last year. So there are some huge positives...

But I just cant get away from the disappointment that we could and maybe should be sitting here as champions right now. However, we'll learn from this and come back stronger next year. Some players will leave, some new ones will come in and I'm sure with the right additions we will be a real force next year to go one step further!

League Awards

League Awards For Ange IF Players

Two of my players won awards at the end of season awards ceremony...

Jordan Binns won the League Defender of the Year
Ludvig Axelsson won the League Midfielder of the Year

View attachment 83580

****, that is an absolute gut-punch.

Learn from it and come back stronger next season, I guess...

Oh, mate, you were so unlucky. I think it is really upseting to lose the promotion in the last game but I am sure that with some good transfers and a high morale from friendlies you can get the top of the league next year. How strong are the teams which comes to your league in the next season?

****, that is an absolute gut-punch.

Learn from it and come back stronger next season, I guess...

Yea I know mate, I was gutted! Hopefully the team can put this disappointment behind them ready for next season.

October 2017 - Feb 2018 Update

November 2017 - February 2018 Update

Here's the update on what's gone on over the 4 months between the end of last season and pre season for 2018.

Profit/Loss

The club announced losses of £5k which meant there was no tax bill to pay.

Affiliations

We kept our current affiliations in place. Currently I have two senior affiliates, both from higher up the Swedish leagues, GIF Sundsvall and Halmstads BK.

Sponsorship

The club announced a new 1 year sponsorship deal worth £31.5k per year
The club announced a new kit sponsorship deal over the next 3 years - worth £13.25k per annum

Contract Updates

Signed new 1 year deals:

Jonatan Rehnstrom (CM) - One of my best players statistically
Aday Kaplan (ST) - Acted as a good backup striker last year
Robin Arestav (ST) - He picked up big time towards the end of the season, so thought I'd keep him on
Jordan Binns (LB/RB/CB) - Last year's defender of the year in our league
Agon Beqiri (CM/AML/R/C) - Statistically very good, can play anywhere in the midfield
Emil Sjostedt (CM) - Probably my favourite player from last year
Isaac Wigermo (CB) - Staying on as a backup CB
Tevin Shakespeare (AMR/ST) - First choice right inside forward last year
Emil Eriksson (RB) - First choice right back last year
Marco Kotilainen (MC/AMR/L/C) - Good utility player for the midfield

Signed new 'pay as you play' deals:

Amar Ibrahimovic (GK) - Still convinced he is a top talent for the future, only 17
Daniel Wallsten (DC/MC) - Tried to keep him on a proper contract but wanted pay as you play

Released from club:

Josh Chatee (AMR/L) - Not good enough
Renan Wagner (CM/DMC) - Was unhappy at the club
Andreas Lindqvist (AML/R) - Didn't get enough football last year for me to warrant keeping him on
Michael Kargbo (DR/MR) - Felt we could get better for his position
Fredrik Landen (CB/DM/MC) - Felt we could get better for his position

Backroom Staff

Because of the increased wage budget, I was able to invest in some more backroom staff. The following were hired in...

Eric Bergholtz (Scout)
Christoffer Lundh (Scout)
Jan Jonsson (Under 19s Manager)
Andre Hansson (Director of Football)
Erik Armenteros (Head Physio)
Tobias Celedon (Under 21s Manager)

Valeri Visilitskji retired as Head Physio

Incoming Transfers

Not as busy in the transfer window for us this year as last. I didn't need to do a complete overhaul of the squad as I managed to retain most of my better players with new contracts. So I mainly focused on improving the squad where I felt it needed it. I also had the assistance this year of my new scouts so think I've picked up a couple of good players here with their help!

Felix Moller - ST - Free Transfer
A decent striker, only 20 years old, probably a backup to start

View attachment 83451

Chammoun Georges - DM/CM/AMC - Free Transfer from IFK Timra
A strong looking box to box midfielder, nicked from one of our league rivals

View attachment 83450

Samuel Haglund - ST/AMR/L - Free Transfer from BKV Norrtalje
A good looking player with decent dribbling and finishing, plays down both sides or up top

View attachment 83449

Oskar Andersson - DL/ML - Free Transfer from Vastra Frolunda IF
Solid looking LB to compete with Binns for his position - he had no competition last year

View attachment 83448

Marcus Gerd - GK - Free Transfer
New No.1 goalie

View attachment 83447

Pre Season 2018

Pre Season & Expectations

Pre season went ok again with only 1 defeat, same as last year. We scored plenty of goals this year and I think it reflects the extra quality we have going forward. It gives me some confidence that we may be in a position to outscore most of our opponents this year.

View attachment 83407

Board Expectations

The board ain't mucking about this year and have set me a much higher target...there's only one thing they want. To win automatic promotion by winning the league.

We'll be up against it as the media predict us to finish in the same position as we ended last year, 3rd.

Loan signing joins Ange IF

I've added one more player to the squad through pre season. I noticed we needed some extra cover at centre back, so we managed to pick up Ludvig Johansson from Falkenbergs FF in the Swedish First Division Elite.

View attachment 83403

Sandberg Retains Captain's Armband

I decide to keep Sebastien Sandberg as captain for the 3rd season in a row. Vice captain will be Adrian Pettersson.

Last edited:
April 2018 Review

April 2018 Review

Results

Ange IF 1 - 1 Gallivare Malmbergets FF

View attachment 83389

Well I can't knock the way we played on the opening day of the season as we completely dominated this game from start to finish, we just couldn't take more than 1 chance unfortunately. Their goal was a lucky deflection from a hopeful long shot so I feel a bit cheated, but if we play like this every game, not many teams will beat us.

Skelleftea FF 1 - 1 Ange IF

View attachment 83388

Skelleftea did the double over us last season so as you can imagine, I was desperate for some revenge. But it wasn't going to be easy as our opponents were predicted to finish above us in 2nd this year. Some awful defending from both sides accounted for the first two goals of the match as the game was 1-1 after 25 minutes. Following their sending off, they went to a very narrow formation, so we played wider and concentrated our attacking efforts down the flanks. But we were struggling to break them down as they were now clearly playing for a draw. But even after the 2nd sending off we just couldnt get through and I walk away extremely disappointed to have not won this one.

Ange IF 1 - 0 IFK Ostersund

View attachment 83387

Ostersund were another team destined for the top 4 according to the media, so again we expected a difficult game. I was keen not to open the season with 3 games without a win and told the boys as much before kick off. A first half which only saw us create 4 chances, produced only one goal as we went in at half time 1-0 up. Neither team created any chances of note in the 2nd half and the score remained 1-0 as we secured our first win and first clean sheet of the season.

League Table

View attachment 83386

A slow and steady start, remaining unbeaten and keeping a relatively tight defence. I'd like to have scored more goals but hopefully that will come as the new attacking players settle in.

Player of the Month

Sebastien Sandberg
CB

Appearances: 3 (1 sub)
Goals: 0
Man of the Match: 1
Headers Won: 33
Average Rating: 7.15

A solid start from the captain, organising the defence well and setting a good example to the rest of the team.

Squad News

Squad seems pretty happy overall.

Manager Views

Happy to have an unbeaten start although we could be easily sitting with 9 points rather than 5 if things had gone our way a bit better. But hopefully we have a platform here to build on.

May 2018 Review

May 2018 Review

Results

IFK Timra 1 - 2 Ange IF

View attachment 83319

It seems we've been thrown all the top teams in our league at the start of the season this year, as IFK Timra who are the favourites for the league were up next. We got off to a good start as Sandberg got up to head in from a corner on 7 minutes. And a late goal from sub striker Moller secured the 3 points against our title rivals, despite their consolation goal.

Pitea IF 0 - 1 Ange IF

View attachment 83318

Last season, us and Pitea had shared one win each. So who would have the bragging rights today. They set up very attacking with 3 out and out strikers, so we sat back and played the counter attacking game. Last season's top goalscorer Axelsson gave us the lead early on, getting on the end of a cross to volley in from about 6 yards. It turned out to be the only goal of the game in a relatively tight affair. 3 wins on the bounce and another clean sheet.

Ange IF 3 - 0 Harnosands FF

View attachment 83317

Harnosands were expected to finish closer to the bottom than the top, so off the back of 3 wins, I felt pretty confident we'd win this one. And my confidence was not misplaced as we were comfortably 3-0 up at half time and in complete control. The defence stayed tight in the second half as the score remained the same to full time.

Soderhamns FF 2 - 4 Ange IF

View attachment 83316

Last season we drew both games against Soderhamns 0-0 and 2-2 so I was hoping we could win this one as we bid to make it 5 wins on the trot. We started well again, scoring through Georges who expertly lobbed over the keeper from 18 yards in the 11th minute. The fast starts were becoming a nice habit for us. However, our opponents hit back from a corner mid way through the first half. Binns crossed in on 35 minutes only for their CB to divert the ball into the back of his own net to restore our lead, and Petterson scored a header from a corner to send us into the break 3-1 up even though we hadn't been the better team. Within a minute of the 2nd half we had a 4th and it certainly looked like another draw was out of the question. Our opponents got a 78th minute goal to keep the game alive but that was all they could muster up and we won 4-2. Shakespeare was the star man with 3 assists!

Ange IF 1 - 0 Friska Viljor FC

View attachment 83315

It was in our 8th game last season that we suffered our first defeat so naturally I was keen to beat that record this year. Glad to say that we did, not the prettiest or most convincing of victories, but 3 points is 3 points.

League Table

View attachment 83314

2nd place on same points as Skelleftea one place above us. Still unbeaten.

Player of the Month

Sebastien Sandberg
CB

Appearances: 5 (1 sub)
Goals: 1
Man of the Match: 2
Key Headers: 9
Average Rating: 7.60

Sandberg had to get it for a 2nd month in a row. His dominance at the back is exceptional and was ultra consistent this month turning in 2 man of the match performances and helping the team on their way to 3 clean sheets. He also chipped in with a goal too.

Squad News

The team have just set a new club record for the most amount of straight wins with 6.

Manager Views

What a brilliant month. 5 wins from 5 games and 3 clean sheets. That is by far my best month during my career to date and I'm delighted to have won manager of the month for the first time. Shame we haven't gone top of the league but if we keep this form up surely it's only a matter of time.

View attachment 83312

Last edited:
June 2018 Review

June 2018 Review

Results

Ange IF 3 - 1 IFK Sundsvall

View attachment 83148

Struggling IFK Sundsvall were up next and 3 points was certainly expected by me. And my boys didn't disappoint as they secured a 3-1 win. Robin Arestav scored on his first appearance of the season, but it was Samuel Haglund who bagged 3 assists from the left inside role, where I'd switched him to after some mediocre performances up front.

Bodens BK 0 - 1 Ange IF

View attachment 83147

It was 1st vs 3rd up next as we took on Bodens. We'd had some pretty tight games against this lot so it was expected to be a pretty tight affair. The first half was exactly that as the only goal of the first half came in the form of an own goal and we went in with a 1-0 lead. As it turned out, it was the only goal of the game and we secured a massive 3 points and put some space between ourselves and Bodens.

Moron BK 2 - 2 Ange IF

View attachment 83146

Moron BK up next and they'd had some mixed form over their previous five games with 2 wins, 2 losses and a draw so it was hard to judge which side would turn up. But it looked like it was us who hadnt turned up for it, as we fell 2-0 behind within 17 minutes! Needless to say the team got a bollocking from me at half time. And things got much better, with the team fighting back to earn us a 2-2 draw and keep our unbeaten record intact. Felix Moller came off the bench to score both goals!

Ange IF 1 - 0 Solleftea GIF

View attachment 83145

Struggling Solleftea GIF were our next opponents. But although we were the better side throughout, it was us who struggled to put the ball in the back of the net, missing a penalty in the process. It wasn't until the final minute of the game when we scored the winning goal through super sub Felix Moller again!

Gallivare Malmbergets FF 1 - 3 Ange IF

View attachment 83144

We'd dominated Gallivare on the opening day of the season but had only managed a draw, so I was hoping we could get a better result today. And we did exactly that...our opponents looked weak all over the pitch and we took advantage of that with a solid 3-1 victory, Robin Arastav getting his 2nd and 3rd of the month/season.

League Table

View attachment 83143

At the halfway point of the season, we're still unbeaten and sitting 3 points clear at the top!

Player of the Month

Felix Moller
ST

Appearances: 5 (5 subs)
Shots on Target Ratio: 47%
Average Rating: 7.18

Moller's performances from the bench this month have been exceptional. He truly has been the super sub as he came off the bench 5 times to score 4 goals.

Squad News

The team have made the halfway point of the season still unbeaten and morale is good in the dressing room.

Manager Views

Another unbeaten month has seen us open up a 3 point gap at the top. We've been brilliant and showed excellent determination this month, especially in the game where we recovered from 2-0 down to grab a draw, and not giving up in the game where we scored a last minute winner.

European Update

European Competition Winners 2017/18

I thought I'd provide a bit of an update from around Europe as most of the major competitions have now come to a close for the 2017/2018 season...

English Premiership Winners: Manchester City
English Premiership Runners Up: Chelsea
English FA Cup Winners: Chelsea
English League Cup Winners: Chelsea

Spanish La Liga Winners: Real Madrid
Spanish La Liga Runners Up: Barcelona
Spanish Cup Winners: Barcelona

German Bundesliga Winners: Bayern Munich
German Bundesliga Runners Up: Borrusia Dortmund
German Cup Winners: Bayern Munich

French Ligue 1 Winners: Paris Saint Germain
French Ligue 1 Runners Up: Olympique Lyonnais
French Cup Winners: Paris Saint Germain
French Coupe de la Ligue Winners: Paris Saint Germain

Italian Serie A Winners: Napoli
Italian Serie A Runners Up: Juventus
Italian Cup Winners: Inter Milan

Holland Eredivisie Winners: PSV
Holland Eredivisie Runners Up: Ajax
Holland Dutch Cup Winners: Vitesse

Portuguese Premier League Winners: Benfica
Portuguese Premier League Runners Up: Sporting Lisbon
Taca de Portugal Winners: Benfica

Scotland Premiership Winners: Celtic
Scotland Premiership Runners Up: Rangers
Scottish Cup Winners: Celtic

Champions League Winners: Real Madrid
Champions League Runners Up: Napoli

Europa League Winners: Manchester City
Europa League Runners Up: Roma

European Super Cup Winners: Paris Saint Germain

July 2018 Review

July 2018 Review

Results

Karlslunds IF 1 - 2 Ange IF

View attachment 83126

Karlslunds were an unknown quantity as they were new to our league this year. They were doing OK sitting in 4th position so I wasn't going to take them lightly. As it happens, it was a very even game and we spent most of it at 1-0 down. However, some great team spirit and determination came through and with two goals in the final 8 minutes, we secured another important win.

Ange IF 1 - 2 Skelleftea FF

View attachment 83125

1st vs 2nd as we take on pre season league favourites Skelleftea FF. The stats didnt give a true reflection here and the truth is we were totally outclassed in this game for the first time this season. Although their 2nd goal was a very dubious penalty, they fully deserved their 2-1 win. Our only decent passage of play in the whole match was when Felix Moller scored our consolation goal at the death.

IFK Ostersund 0 - 0 Ange IF

View attachment 83124

I think the boys were still hurting from our first defeat of the season against Skelleftea as we were extremely poor here. Creating less chances than any other game this season and generally looking poor everywhere on the pitch, we were lucky to scrape a 0-0 draw and pick up a point.

Ange IF 4 - 2 IFK Timra

View attachment 83123

Alexander Arvidsson bangs in a goal only 7 minutes into his debut since signing on loan. What a start it was against the team predicted to finish in the top 2 this season! And it only got better for Arvidsson as he scored his 2nd goal, a header from a corner, to give us a 2 goal lead. Two more goals in the 2nd half gave us a 4-0 lead and I knew the points were safe then. Timra got a couple of consolation goals but it meant nothing as this was one way traffic and we were brilliant today!

League Table

View attachment 83122

Still top of the league although our lead has slipped to only 1 point following defeat to 2nd placed Skelleftea. However, we have opened up a 7 point gap to 3rd place.

Player of the Month

Sebastian Sandberg
CB

Goals: 0
Key Tackles: 6
Average Rating: 7.53

Sandberg gets his 3rd player of the month award of the season from me, purely down to his consistency. A number of key tackles prevented goals this month and an average rating of 7.53 over 4 games is superb!

Squad News

The team seem to have bounced back with the win against Timra following a couple of poor performances this month. They still seem generally happy and no issues have been brought to my attention.

Manager Views

Happy to still be top of the league although slightly gutted to lose our unbeaten record this month.

Following our 4-2 demolition of IFK Timra, they took the decision to sack their manager. Immediately I was linked with the post and a journalist caught me at the training ground to ask about the speculation. I told him I would be staying at Ange IF until at least the end of the season as I really want to win the league here and think we have a fantastic opportunity this year to make that happen.

ImageVaultHandler.aspx