Its Brunei's Time To Shine! *Story Thread*

Reaction score
*Breaking News!*

Former Brunei Darussalam international Left-Back Martin White has been declared the manager of the country that he made 35 appearances for in his career, scoring one goal. That one goal was a historic opener away in Sydney, as he took on 3 Aussie players before shooting into the top corner from 25 yards. White then cleared a shot off the line in stoppage time to earn Brunei a famous victory. However this success did not last, and Brunei find themselves ranked 184th in the world.

White made his trade playing in England, starting off in Nottingham Forest's youth academy before moving on to Team Bath. He then moved to Burton Albion and helped them to League 2 success, this prompted Nottingham Forest's big rivals Derby County to make a swoop for the Left-Back. His Premier league career however was marred by a horrific back injury sustained playing against Sunderland. Two games into his Premier League return he scored a sublime 30-yard volley against Fulham to stun the home fans at Craven Cottage in Derby's 2-1 victory. But after a training ground bust-up with former manager Billy Davies he was released and joined A-League side Melbourne Victory. He then retired very early on after sustaining the same back injury picked up against Sunderland.

Was the victory in Sydney a fluke or a sign of things to come? Martin White will hope it is the latter as he attempts to gain world cup qualification with Brunei for the first time in their history.

nice story man, are they a real country btw?

Cheers for your support guys, ive organised our first friendly against Thailand, should be a tough test.

Yeh I've heard of them before, i've subscribed to this thread coz I wanna see how it turns out for ya, I've bin thinking to start with a small nation and see how it goes but don't know if I have the patience becoz I get bored if I don't play games every so often but I guess I could pass the time with a club with a small fan-base. :D

yesyes once i did a double andorra game being FC Andorra and the nation got bit boring though.

This is my tactic, we seem to have an abundance of CBs and SWs as opposed to Full-backs so i'm gonna try a 4-4-2 formation with a sweeper. Hoping it'll work agaisnt Thailand

Good idea making a tactic to the strength of your team, that's what I always do and I think it's the best way to get results with your team :) Good luck mate

125px-Flag_of_Brunei.svg.png
Vs
125px-Flag_of_Thailand.svg.png

Odds: Brunei: 50-1 Thailand: 1-33(fav)

Well the bookies say it could be a cricket scoreline oO) lets hope not, just about to start.

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Well we lost 2-0, but there are plenty of positives to take out of the game, we managed to hold on until half-time, which was more than I expected, and with better finishing we could have snatched a draw, the defence were pretty solid so overall it's been an encouraging first game.

Last edited:
A 1-0 victory was very good, we completly dominated and it was nearly the same story as the Thailand game attacking wise, as we should really have scored more. But a win is a win.

good result mate,i see you've got a good attendance,in my netherlands antilles save only about 7000 or 8000depending who it is.