It's not going well for us down here on the south coast.

Wow.. Portsmouth in real trouble again.

Just 9 players on their books and they can't make any signings until their finances are sorted. Not looking good at all.

Just 9 players on their books and they can't make any signings until their finances are sorted. Not looking good at all.

Jesus I didn't realise it was that bad. Good luck to them!

Wow. Troubled times. Such a pity.

I feel for the Portsmouth fans but that is what happens when a club is run poorly. I really cant see them ever fully recovering.

Greedy Greedy Ben-Haim.

However, rules are rules- You have to pay contracted players, if not they are free to walk out after 3 months and will sue for their losses. We've been through it here at Plymouth, and I'm sure if the new owners don't pay off our players debts, they will sue.

Feel sorry for Portsmouth, such a badly run club atm.

Don't blame him. He was working but wasn't paid, deserves his wage. I would do the same, but hey ho, I'm a **** like that.

Rules are rules, true.

But when/if he gets this money, i bet your bottom dollar he pays no tax on it. The thieving c*nt.

Wow, I'd forgotten about Pompey totally. Bloimey. Ben-Haim deserves it I guess, £1.4 mil is a lot of money whichever you look at it.

Club can't pay his wages or anyone else's and yet he thinks he can get the money still?
I really can't see his logic.

so what choices do they have now? is it as serious as them having to dissolve the club?

so what choices do they have now? is it as serious as them having to dissolve the club?

Our club has recently been taken over, unfortunately by another Russian. The finances themselves aren't that bad, as the Cvi cleared most of the debt.

Sorry, not going to click that link to that rag. Anyone able to summarise the problem there atm?

And Athe - anti-semitic stuff is bad mojo, mmmk?

pity, its just seems like yesterday that Portsmouth won the FA Cup and now this... always a pity to see a football club going through sucha phase

Sorry, not going to click that link to that rag. Anyone able to summarise the problem there atm?

In simple terms, the club was in huge debt. A Cvi was granted and some of the debt was cleared. The owner wanted to sell and has sold to another Russian. The club have 9 first team players on there books at the moment. They are unable to sign any other players because of the ongoing court case. They will not spend any money because we don't have it.

How exactly was it 'anti-semitic'? You'd have to be really touchy to feel offended by that, and even then I had apologised beforehand in white.

It's just that the ruthless loan shark stereotype suits this guy perfectly - the club's falling apart yet he wants his money, even if it takes the club down, even though he probably doesn't need it with urgency.

Last edited:
Cheers Billy.

In simple terms, the club was in huge debt. A Cvi was granted and some of the debt was cleared. The owner wanted to sell and has sold to another Russian. The club have 9 first team players on there books at the moment. They are unable to sign any other players because of the ongoing court case. They will not spend any money because we don't have it.

So not a lot has changed in spite of new owners then Sulsey? What's the new owners' angle in all of this? In it to try and cream off the last of anything there to take?

---

Athe - check up the origins of anti-semitism and the typical slurs thrown about. Got no place in football. If a guy's a tosspot, he's a tosspot whether a Jew, a Catholic or a Protestant. Religion's got nowt to do with it.

Shame whats happening but it would be a nice slagging tool i can use against my mates if it went **** up. On the other hand Chelsea are doing their bit by arranging a friendly with you and letting you keep all the gate receipts (part of which will be my £20). I wont be happy if my money goes towards paying off one of the worst defenders in Chelsea's history though!!!

Cheers Billy.

So not a lot has changed in spite of new owners then Sulsey? What's the new owners' angle in all of this? In it to try and cream off the last of anything there to take?

---

Athe - check up the origins of anti-semitism and the typical slurs thrown about. Got no place in football. If a guy's a tosspot, he's a tosspot whether a Jew, a Catholic or a Protestant. Religion's got nowt to do with it.

In regards to the new owner, I think they are, yes. (They) did not want a formal meeting with fans to discuss the clubs future. Although that being said, they(CSI) own various sports ventures across the world so look at it what you will. They said something along the lines of having looked at various other clubs, Portsmouth was there only viable option. To me, not so. A terrible ground, the land around the ground not owned by the club itself, 9 first team players on the clubs books and a fan base that is in decline. The assets of the club are worth extremely little so I'm not sure what "business" people would invest in Portsmouth FC. Being a Russian, he most probably has links to these frauds in the past so wouldn't surprise me if he is trying to as you say "cream off the last of anything".