Vanjagl

Premium
Reaction score
It all started in 2009, when I tried FIFA Manager Demo. It was decent experience but that game was very flawed. I played it for a month or two (in game time) and then just deleted it. After few months, FIFA Manager 10 came out and my friend told me about it. I was going to check it out and I searched it in google. On of the results of that search was FM09 so I wanted to try that new game. FIFA Manager was never interesting after that ( not that it ever was). I remember getting the demo and looking at Man United players and thinking WOW, they are all very good! Short after that, I bought my first ever game, FM10. Then I started to get active on the forums. Funnily enough, FM-Base was the first forum I've ever register at. It's still probably my favorite forum, even though I stopped contributing in FM section long time ago due to becoming an moderator and later on admin on domestic FM forum. Ok, that enough with the side story.

In FM10, I was complete noob. I didn't have a clue what am I doing. I was raging, fuming at the game when things aren't going in my favor. I would even save/load when I was going to play Liverpool/Man City cuz I couldn't handle a loss against them. And that was happening more often then not. Then FM11 came out and I started becoming active on FM Base. I was reading what others had to say and start upgrading it with my own knowledge and experience. I became fascinating how FM works and wanted to know every aspect of the game. Because of that, my Uni experience suffered and I even started skipping exams to play 'just one more' game. I would stay up for two straight days just playing the game and messing with the editor. Oh the editor, how infinite possibilities it had then. You could to many wonderful things with it. I was loving it, I was creating so many new leagues, rules and general competitions. I've even figured out how to use something called advanced editor. I was so deep in FM that I even infected my roommates.

Then FM11 came out and it's my favorite by far. I had terrible laptop but I managed to run the game for 22 years as manager of Burnley. I've spent so many hours scouting the players, preparing the tactics, etc.

In FM12 I discovered online and that I'm actually very very good at it. But I didn't like it. I wanted to play CL, cup games etc, I want to build my own team, use my own youth players. And then something snapped. I still played a lot of FM, but I only played with two clubs. Man United and Vitesse. Some of you maybe remember my tactic with Vitesse I posted here.

FM13 was not very fun to me. Dunno why, maybe because at that time I had some personal issues and simply couldn't focus hard enough on the game. Yeah, I still had like 10+ years with Man United, but that's nothing compared with previous versions.

FM14 was very boring to me. I knew every players CA and PA, their hidden attributes, best players, wonderkids etc. due to nature of my job. Yeah, creating super team with Man United was fun for a little, but I abandoned that idea and started only playing with Brittish/own players.

FM15 was by far the most boring FM ever. Like in FM14, I basically knew everything. I needed to spice it up a bit so I even downloaded Marshalls db to change the game dynamics for me just a little bit. Nah, it didn't last long. Then I think I found some save game in 2030 that Tezz posted and I thought "Great, I know nothing about players in 2030, lets do this", but there wasn't any interesting players that I wanted to build my save around.

So after this long monologue, I have to ask you guys, what do you do to spice things up? How do you keep your passion up? I've gone from the point that I cared so much about the game that I was willing to cheat, to the point where I didn't play FM in 4 months.

Maybe just stop playing for a while?

Or, if you really want to play, set some really hard challenges for yourself. Only sign a certain type of player (age, nationality etc) set goals you have to achieve by 1 year, 3 years, 5 years.

Whenever I go through a phase of being bored with FM, I just stop playing and do something else. Eventually i'll start to crave playing it after i've read about someone elses story or something that's happening with a team in real life.

The problem seems pretty obvious?

FM14 was very boring to me. I knew every players CA and PA, their hidden attributes, best players, wonderkids etc. due to nature of my job. Yeah, creating super team with Man United was fun for a little, but I abandoned that idea and started only playing with Brittish/own players.

FM15 was by far the most boring FM ever. Like in FM14, I basically knew everything. I needed to spice it up a bit so I even downloaded Marshalls db to change the game dynamics for me just a little bit. Nah, it didn't last long. Then I think I found some save game in 2030 that Tezz posted and I thought "Great, I know nothing about players in 2030, lets do this", but there wasn't any interesting players that I wanted to build my save around.
Start somewhere you don't know anything about. Don't go hunting for lists of wonderkids. Don't download tactics. Don't use the editor.

So, in essence, play a LLaMa game.

Try something new. Have you ever managed in South America? If not start a save there and see where it goes. That's the best way to keep FM interesting IMO. But equally if you've truly lost your 'passion' for FM then there's nothing wrong in giving it a rest for a while. Quite often I'll play FM for a month or two and then leave it for a month or two.

I was in the same position after my main save corrupted (oh the joys) so decided to start a save with about 8 countries, 20 leagues loaded as a manager that was unemployed with mediocre qualifications.

My first season came as I was offered a job at Joinville EC in Brazil's 2nd teir. They were 4th from bottom, 6 games gone with the expectation of promotion. I managed to guide them to the first tier in 1 season but then got the sack because I didn't win the regional pre-season competition. A bit harsh in my eyes. I was unemployed for a bit, got rejected after applying for a few English jobs - Blackburn, Crystal Palace and Norwich to name a few so I decided to look abroad...

In real life, I went to Sweden about a month and a half ago and loved it. Incredible country and whilst I was there I visited IFK Göteborg. So naturally, I looked to Sweden on FM and I'm currently trying to save Djurgarden from relegation and secure a Europa League place. Easily one of the most enjoyable saves I've done in a long time.

So basically, jump in at the deep end, somewhere you don't know much about. You'll learn a thing or two that way aswell - like how in Sweden you can buy a home tie in the cup and field trialists in competitive fixtures!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Maybe just stop playing for a while?

Or, if you really want to play, set some really hard challenges for yourself. Only sign a certain type of player (age, nationality etc) set goals you have to achieve by 1 year, 3 years, 5 years.

Whenever I go through a phase of being bored with FM, I just stop playing and do something else. Eventually i'll start to crave playing it after i've read about someone elses story or something that's happening with a team in real life.

I did, didn't play for 4 months and it still all the same for me. I don't find any other team than Man United interesting. Thats the part of the problem I guess.

The problem seems pretty obvious?

Start somewhere you don't know anything about. Don't go hunting for lists of wonderkids. Don't download tactics. Don't use the editor.

So, in essence, play a LLaMa game.

Well, nature of my job is to know pretty much everything about players. In LLM every player is similar, but I started the game in French 3rd league now, we'll see how it goes.

Try something new. Have you ever managed in South America? If not start a save there and see where it goes. That's the best way to keep FM interesting IMO. But equally if you've truly lost your 'passion' for FM then there's nothing wrong in giving it a rest for a while. Quite often I'll play FM for a month or two and then leave it for a month or two.
I did in Uruguay (Penarol I think is the club) and it was boring as well. Now I'm playing in French National league and hopefully It will keep me interested for a while.

I was in the same position after my main save corrupted (oh the joys) so decided to start a save with about 8 countries, 20 leagues loaded as a manager that was unemployed with mediocre qualifications.

My first season came as I was offered a job at Joinville EC in Brazil's 2nd teir. They were 4th from bottom, 6 games gone with the expectation of promotion. I managed to guide them to the first tier in 1 season but then got the sack because I didn't win the regional pre-season competition. A bit harsh in my eyes. I was unemployed for a bit, got rejected after applying for a few English jobs - Blackburn, Crystal Palace and Norwich to name a few so I decided to look abroad...

In real life, I went to Sweden about a month and a half ago and loved it. Incredible country and whilst I was there I visited IFK Göteborg. So naturally, I looked to Sweden on FM and I'm currently trying to save Djurgarden from relegation and secure a Europa League place. Easily one of the most enjoyable saves I've done in a long time.

So basically, jump in at the deep end, somewhere you don't know much about. You'll learn a thing or two that way aswell - like how in Sweden you can buy a home tie in the cup and field trialists in competitive fixtures!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I would love to do journeyman save, but I simply don't have time for that. I'm not cold blooded to jump from club to club, I give everything to one club. But still, might try that as well. Changing leagues every 2-3 years, rosters, tactics... should be fun and challenging.

Well, nature of my job is to know pretty much everything about players. In LLM every player is similar, but I started the game in French 3rd league now, we'll see how it goes.
Doesn't matter. I'm not talking about just LLM. I'm talking about the full on LLaMa way of playing.

People here still gravitate to the same cheap bargains/wonderkids/whatever, no matter where they start. Starting in a country (and the lowest league of that country) where you don't know anything, will change that. Playing the LLaMa way will prevent you from just signing the same players as well.

I hadn't played FM15 for a good 2 months. That was until Klopp got the job at Anfield. Yesterday, I deleted klopp on my editor and started a new game with Liverpool as Klopp. I'm focusing on his tactics and trying to make Liverpool great again.

Little things like that keep me going.

Best thing is to stop playing it for a month maybe 2.. i do it every once in a while and it works like a charm

I hadn't played FM15 for a good 2 months. That was until Klopp got the job at Anfield. Yesterday, I deleted klopp on my editor and started a new game with Liverpool as Klopp. I'm focusing on his tactics and trying to make Liverpool great again.

Little things like that keep me going.

Ok this is weird.... i did the exact same thing LOL

It all started in 2009, when I tried FIFA Manager Demo. It was decent experience but that game was very flawed. I played it for a month or two (in game time) and then just deleted it. After few months, FIFA Manager 10 came out and my friend told me about it. I was going to check it out and I searched it in google. On of the results of that search was FM09 so I wanted to try that new game. FIFA Manager was never interesting after that ( not that it ever was). I remember getting the demo and looking at Man United players and thinking WOW, they are all very good! Short after that, I bought my first ever game, FM10. Then I started to get active on the forums. Funnily enough, FM-Base was the first forum I've ever register at. It's still probably my favorite forum, even though I stopped contributing in FM section long time ago due to becoming an moderator and later on admin on domestic FM forum. Ok, that enough with the side story.

In FM10, I was complete noob. I didn't have a clue what am I doing. I was raging, fuming at the game when things aren't going in my favor. I would even save/load when I was going to play Liverpool/Man City cuz I couldn't handle a loss against them. And that was happening more often then not. Then FM11 came out and I started becoming active on FM Base. I was reading what others had to say and start upgrading it with my own knowledge and experience. I became fascinating how FM works and wanted to know every aspect of the game. Because of that, my Uni experience suffered and I even started skipping exams to play 'just one more' game. I would stay up for two straight days just playing the game and messing with the editor. Oh the editor, how infinite possibilities it had then. You could to many wonderful things with it. I was loving it, I was creating so many new leagues, rules and general competitions. I've even figured out how to use something called advanced editor. I was so deep in FM that I even infected my roommates.

Then FM11 came out and it's my favorite by far. I had terrible laptop but I managed to run the game for 22 years as manager of Burnley. I've spent so many hours scouting the players, preparing the tactics, etc.

In FM12 I discovered online and that I'm actually very very good at it. But I didn't like it. I wanted to play CL, cup games etc, I want to build my own team, use my own youth players. And then something snapped. I still played a lot of FM, but I only played with two clubs. Man United and Vitesse. Some of you maybe remember my tactic with Vitesse I posted here.

FM13 was not very fun to me. Dunno why, maybe because at that time I had some personal issues and simply couldn't focus hard enough on the game. Yeah, I still had like 10+ years with Man United, but that's nothing compared with previous versions.

So after this long monologue, I have to ask you guys, what do you do to spice things up? How do you keep your passion up? I've gone from the point that I cared so much about the game that I was willing to cheat, to the point where I didn't play FM in 4 months.

Try something new.
o.png

I've not played fm15 since about July, just starting to miss it now, with the premiership slowly taking shape and the nights drawing in the fm craving is kicking in a little. But I will not play fm until fm16 is launched. Looking forward to doing a man utd save as I haven't done one since fm 12/13. Also the create a club will be interesting, Isle of wight FC!!!! This will be my long term save. I just hope the game is not buggy when it is launched as this can be very frustrating.

Doesn't matter. I'm not talking about just LLM. I'm talking about the full on LLaMa way of playing.

People here still gravitate to the same cheap bargains/wonderkids/whatever, no matter where they start. Starting in a country (and the lowest league of that country) where you don't know anything, will change that. Playing the LLaMa way will prevent you from just signing the same players as well.

I thought that was the problem as well, since I'm really well familiar with db. Then I was playing in 2030 where I didn't know anything and it was still dull.

I thought that was the problem as well, since I'm really well familiar with db. Then I was playing in 2030 where I didn't know anything and it was still dull.
That covers one part of my post.

Anyway. What do you enjoy about FM?

Have you tried Youth Academy Challenge? Simulate one season, take control of some of the teams that just got promoted and lead them to Premier League and Champions Cup glory. It's hard as ****, annoying at moments but it's incredible rewarding seeing your academy graduate winning trophies...

Have you tried Youth Academy Challenge? Simulate one season, take control of some of the teams that just got promoted and lead them to Premier League and Champions Cup glory. It's hard as ****, annoying at moments but it's incredible rewarding seeing your academy graduate winning trophies...

Sounds fun tbh. Might try that if the France thing doesn't help.

That covers one part of my post.

Anyway. What do you enjoy about FM?

I'm trying to find reasons to enjoy FM. So I'll tell you when I find one.

I'm trying to find reasons to enjoy FM. So I'll tell you when I find one.
In the past, why did you play FM? What did you find enjoyable? Were you just bored?

In the past, why did you play FM? What did you find enjoyable? Were you just bored?

Leading my favorite clubs to winning trophies and producing the best players. But I've done that so many times it bores me now.