Leading my favorite clubs to winning trophies and producing the best players. But I've done that so many times it bores me now.
So the only thing that was giving you any joy at all is now not giving you any joy. I'd just stop playing.

I've seen this is recent and has already many replies. I've read some of the first page but I don't have time for all.

As it was pointed, the key seems to be you knowing everything. One counter to that, on top of the suggestions madee already that I've seen, in the creation of the game use the tickbox to play with fake players. No real players, all randomized, no one you know all about.

If you play on Steam, go for the English Hero Achievement. Or one of the other countries that have that achievement. I did it in FM14, not many people get one of those achievements. I played Eastleigh and I think it took 9 seasons.

I have never played as one of the "elite" clubs. That would be boring. But I still want to play with the players I see on TV. I play Everton but put severe restrictions on myself to keep it challenging. I can only have British, Irish, or CONCACAF nationalities on my team. Cannot sign any youth players as I leave that to my Head of Youth Development. He occasionally signs players that do not fit into my house rules so I have to loan them out until I can sell them. It also keeps gameplay fast as I am not out hunting players all over the world.

I generally have 4 phases on each game. I've followed this recipe since FM10 at least.

1. Play with my favourite teams, 10-15 seasons with Liverpool, 5-10 seasons with Atletico (new save ofc), and then the same with my local team.

2. Start out with no experience and start in the lowest possible division. Doesn't matter which country, just that you're in the lowest division. Then I choose between staying at that club for 10-20 seasons, or if I accept offers from other clubs and create my legacy as a manager that way.

3. Updates. This is typically around february when the transfer window closes (and the league is finished in Norway). I like to test out the new players my team has signed and typically plays 5-10 seasons on a couple different saves. I also do this of course when the summer window closes.

4. Challenges. This is the phase I'm currently at with FM15. I like to check out this site and see if there's anything that excites me in terms of custom db's or I simply make my own. There's a lot of things that can be done, from legends to financial challenges. On FM14 I created a save where I recreated Rafa Benitez' Liverpool side in the editor and played for 4 or 5 seasons with that team.

At the moment I'm playing with a custom db I've also made myself where I've changed the Norwegian league system so that all the clubs have finances like Premier League clubs, and then I'm going to see if Norway can become one of the top nations in europe and also if the National team benefits from it. I'm currently only at seasong 3 but I'm gonna stick with this one till FM16 comes out so hopefully I'll get to play a few seasons.

I've seen this is recent and has already many replies. I've read some of the first page but I don't have time for all.

As it was pointed, the key seems to be you knowing everything. One counter to that, on top of the suggestions madee already that I've seen, in the creation of the game use the tickbox to play with fake players. No real players, all randomized, no one you know all about.

Thing is with that, players tend to stay pretty much the same rating wise. Only names change.

If you play on Steam, go for the English Hero Achievement. Or one of the other countries that have that achievement. I did it in FM14, not many people get one of those achievements. I played Eastleigh and I think it took 9 seasons.

I have never played as one of the "elite" clubs. That would be boring. But I still want to play with the players I see on TV. I play Everton but put severe restrictions on myself to keep it challenging. I can only have British, Irish, or CONCACAF nationalities on my team. Cannot sign any youth players as I leave that to my Head of Youth Development. He occasionally signs players that do not fit into my house rules so I have to loan them out until I can sell them. It also keeps gameplay fast as I am not out hunting players all over the world.

I'm completely different. I love to control everything. Thats what makes this game great to me.

I generally have 4 phases on each game. I've followed this recipe since FM10 at least.

1. Play with my favourite teams, 10-15 seasons with Liverpool, 5-10 seasons with Atletico (new save ofc), and then the same with my local team.

2. Start out with no experience and start in the lowest possible division. Doesn't matter which country, just that you're in the lowest division. Then I choose between staying at that club for 10-20 seasons, or if I accept offers from other clubs and create my legacy as a manager that way.

3. Updates. This is typically around february when the transfer window closes (and the league is finished in Norway). I like to test out the new players my team has signed and typically plays 5-10 seasons on a couple different saves. I also do this of course when the summer window closes.

4. Challenges. This is the phase I'm currently at with FM15. I like to check out this site and see if there's anything that excites me in terms of custom db's or I simply make my own. There's a lot of things that can be done, from legends to financial challenges. On FM14 I created a save where I recreated Rafa Benitez' Liverpool side in the editor and played for 4 or 5 seasons with that team.

At the moment I'm playing with a custom db I've also made myself where I've changed the Norwegian league system so that all the clubs have finances like Premier League clubs, and then I'm going to see if Norway can become one of the top nations in europe and also if the National team benefits from it. I'm currently only at seasong 3 but I'm gonna stick with this one till FM16 comes out so hopefully I'll get to play a few seasons.

Usually I would have one really long save ( 20+ seasons with United), but other than that, nothing else I find interesting.

One that I have done recently is doing a save that you can only sign players your scout finds

Same problem for me. I can only get myself to play if I do with Chelsea, or I give it another try with my Mighty Magyars save with Honved ( usually I give up after 3-4 seasons). I haven't played the game in at least 6 months.
You either played too much and got bored, which I doubt given your impression of the last 2 FM verions, or you got over it. I played World of Warcraft for like 8 years ( yeah I know, don't judge :D ) and quit at some time. I went back 2-3 times, but it wasn't the same anymore.
Your FM phase is over. Get a new hobby :D :D

P.S. If you're selling your suit, let me know what size you are, I've been looking to buy one. :D

One that I have done recently is doing a save that you can only sign players your scout finds

In my current save I'm taking the "Be a Head Coach" approach. So the DOF handles all signings and contract related matters and I just have to make do with the squad he gives me.

This is of course realistic for pretty much any other clubs than the top ones in England. It is also both challenging and at times incredibly frustrating - even more so when you're playing in the Danish third tier and your DOF is ****... ;)

I think it sounds like you just need to find something else about it to enjoy. I used to hate FM for a few years, I felt like I couldn't play it though, it wasn't like yourself where the game just bored me, I just found I wasn't good at it, so just gave up. Before this stage I used to love being West Ham and doing as good as possible with them, while also doing a save as Arsenal where I'd try to win as much as possible.

Now I'm completely different. If I play as West Ham there are certain players I don't like losing just because I like them, it almost glazes over my opinion of them, I have had a lot more fun as Ipswich (after being sacked from West Ham), I've loved the fact I got to the Premiership and I'm finding the fight to stay up a lot more exciting than not doing as well as I'd expect if I was West Ham. I've also as a result started a save as Chelmsford City, I've only played 2 friendlies but I already feel this could be exciting, I have no idea what I'm doing in leagues this low when it comes to tactics/transfers but this almost makes me like it more, I'm going to have to use my scout for any signings as I have no budget and I'm going to have to really think closely about my team because they really do have awful stats to what I'm used to. On top of that I have no idea what I could end up doing, I may end up being stuck in the Vanarama South for the duration of the save or maybe I will get a break and work my way up, this not knowing I find exciting now, because I'm almost expecting to be rubbish!

Before I wanted to win all the time and win as much as possible, unless I was playing a team I'd expect to lose to. Now I look at it in a different way. Which has made me enjoy it more. I even tried to do my Arsenal save on this one and I just didn't get into it, I just felt like I was under performing! So changing to a team which can't do worse than my expectations very often makes me really enjoy the game again.