Jailbreak Ipod

Glocken73

Reaction score
I dunno if this is the right area to put this or not but i was just wondering if jailbreaking your ipod is worth it?? is it hard?? does it mean that you wont be able to update your ipod again??

Anyone done it or know anything about it??

Cheers :)

Not worth it if you ask me, a few i know who got it done and it broke the ipod, if you know somebody personally that can do it well at least you know where to go if it doesnt work.

To answer your questions, yes, no and no.

IMO it is worth it for all the customisation you can do and access to a lot of 3rd party apps. It is not hard. Depending on what software you are using it is just a click of a button. Your Ipod can always be restored to it's default state with iTunes.

everything tharros said is right and levskie your friends may have had to many tweaks running at the same time. i had a friend with over 10 running and he bricked his iphone. But even then it can be fixed by restoring it

I think maybe they got it done from somebody that wasnt 100% sure about what he was doing.

it is really easy the untethered way just involves sliding your finger

Jailbreaking is well worth it, free apps, exploiting setting etc.

Its impossible to break the phone through jailbreaking, you can always restore to default.

www.jailbreakme.com is the best place to do it from. Does it automatically from your device if you're using firmware that can be jailbroken.

Ah well it appears i am wrong lol! all i know is that after 2 friends got it done, the ipod wouldnt knock on even just trying to restore it. Obviously couldnt contact apple due to the attempt at jailbreaking them.

Thanks for the advice lads!!! think il have a go at it not uch too lose as my ipods pretty old anyway and should really be replaced

worth it if your ipods out of guarantee but not if its still under as it voids the guarantee.

Its also extremly easy to revert it back to factory settings as well if you nab it up

My Ipod is jailbroken and so was my Iphone 3GS(till i lost it /:.And tbh is well worth it and fun.Get all the apps for free and play shitload of games that i have on my ps3 lol.

Last edited:
What is "jailbreaking" your ipod?

"Hacking/Cracking" the devise.By jailbreaking it you disable any restrictions Apple put on your devise.So you have the freedom to download apps and games for free.Then you can get wallpapers,ringtones,video ringtones all sorts of **** basically.

I going to do this with my ipod its quite old its a 2nd generation one firmware 4.2.1, In work now so can't check that website but just wondering how you do it and how you find all the good games and that to put onto it. Thanks.

I going to do this with my ipod its quite old its a 2nd generation one firmware 4.2.1, In work now so can't check that website but just wondering how you do it and how you find all the good games and that to put onto it. Thanks.

Aint used my Ipod Touch since I got my HTC Desire, but its pretty simple from what i remember.

You use your internet borwser on your Ipod, go on a certain site, follow a few simple steps and then its done.

Wallpapers, games (mario, pokemon, zelda etc) or whatever you like you search using a program

I made the mistake of jail breaking my iPod, and when the updates came out for iPod, I couldn't update them because I feared it would ban my iPod, so I reset the whole thing and now I've got all the recent updates, and the new iTunes.

I like the idea of skins for your iPod and that, but it's not interesting any more, I'd rather just listen to music on it.

Aint used my Ipod Touch since I got my HTC Desire, but its pretty simple from what i remember.

You use your internet borwser on your Ipod, go on a certain site, follow a few simple steps and then its done.

Wallpapers, games (mario, pokemon, zelda etc) or whatever you like you search using a program

I have updated my Firmware a few months back and I think once it gets past 4.2.1 it can't be used so will I just system restore the ipod and it will go back to factory settings without that firmware.

And for the program what is it do you get it when you jailbreak or is their certain websites you go to for jailbraked ipods to download stuff?