Jake89's World Cup Betting Thread

Just packed Argentina 4/9
Nigeria 10/11
England 2/9
France 6/5
Ghana 5/6
U.S.A evs All To Win

Threw €4 on it how much around would you say I will get back?

My mate put on a 3 match acumulator yesterday got them all spot on, 0-1 Chile, 0-1 Switzerland (Mad prediction), 0-3 Uruguay
So I decided to put on 0-2 Argentina, Greece 1-1 Nigeria, France 2-1 Mexico
If ALL goes well I could get around 500 pound back from a 50 bet
Wish me luck haha

Just packed Argentina 4/9
Nigeria 10/11
England 2/9
France 6/5
Ghana 5/6
U.S.A evs All To Win

Threw €4 on it how much around would you say I will get back?

Well all those are pretty certain odds. So i'd say not a lot.

Not a betting man mate so thats a complete guess.

For that bet I imagine you would have got about 30/35 but Nigeria didn't win unfortunately. Had a day off the betting today, too hungover to move.

USA vs Slovenia, I'm feeling a draw......but its paying decent monies for a USA win, what do you guys think?

Im have a bad time of it atm. Ive won 1 bet out of 5 on the world cup. Had a 4 way bet with bet365 on Usa, England, Holland and Ghana all to win at 6/1. Shame Usa failed to win.

And England did :p

Get on Holland, Draw and Denmark tomorrow at almost 10/1!!

Ive got 1 for Jake. On bet 365 they are offering odds of 124.64/1 for this.
Holland to beat Japan
Ghana to beat Australia
Paraguay to beat Slovakia
Italy to beat New Zealand
Portugal to beat North Korea
Spain to beat Hondouras
Usa to beat Algeria
England to beat Slovenia
Serbia to beat Australia
Paraguay to beat New Zealand
Switzerland to beat Hondouras

Good thing is alot of the teams need to win to qualify for knockout stages, Bad thing is my luck is about as low as Englands atm.

Im tempted to do it but worried about usa v algeria and paraguay v slovakia

If you take out Usa to beat Algeria and Paraguay to beat Slovakia it ends up being 30/1

Last edited:
Paraguay are a good team and should beat Slovakia and I think USA have enough about them to beat Algeria. All seem like they should happen but this world cup is full of upsets, too hard to place a big bet like that.

I agree, think i will put 20p on it. Are you liking Ghana tomorrow at evens? Seems like a really good price to me considering Australia wont have Cahill or Grella and will be low on confidence after the Germany game.

Ive got 1 for Jake. On bet 365 they are offering odds of 124.64/1 for this.

England to beat Slovenia

That result is probably worth 124.64/1 in itself...

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

I agree, think i will put 20p on it. Are you liking Ghana tomorrow at evens? Seems like a really good price to me considering Australia wont have Cahill or Grella and will be low on confidence after the Germany game.

The only teams I trust in this tournament to get a result are Argentina and Mexico. But this match is so juicy, I just can't see Australia scoring, or keeping one out, Ghana 1-0.

Ghana at evens is a good shout, but I think it might just be a draw. Ghana didn't have much in the way of attack and only scored via a penalty. I'm going for a 0-0 or 1-1 draw, then Denmark to beat the very poor Cameroon.

I went with Holland to beat Japan, Ghana & Australia to draw and Denmark to beat Cameroon at 10.96/1/ Nervous last 24 minutes of the Denmark game for me!

I had the same bet at about 10/1, nice little earner. What you thinking for 2moro? Ivory Coast to cause an upset and get a draw I think.

Yeah i agree with you, Brazil looked short of ideas against North Korea and Ivory Coast did a good job against Portugal but i dont think Ivory Coast have enough to beat Brazil. I think the games tomorrow will be fairly boring games with Slovakia and Paraguay drawing, Italy beating New Zealand unconvincingly and Brazil and Ivory Coast drawing.

Last edited:
Put £20 on Argentina at 1/2 yesterday for a nice and easy £10 profit. Thinking England, Germany and Serbia today, and maybe a draw in the US game. Also going to put a quid each on A.Cole, Terry and G.Johnson to score first, all at around 25/1.