James Wright - The Story of an American Football Star (Discussion Thread)

sirvalkyerie

Reaction score
Ok. So I've come up with an idea. I am going to create myself in FM09, put myself on a team in America (as I'm from there.) and see where I can get myself. I will make it like a story. I will detail my career progress through and through. Events, daily dramas and the entire like. It will be like watching a television show. Like Dream Team but about one man.

I will make my CA like 75 and my PA 200. I'll probably place my self as a AMC / MC, so I will be in the middle of the action. We'll see where it will take me and such. Any thoughts, comments, suggestions?

I've sometimes had a thought of doing this :p

But why in America? They don't have the most exciting of leagues?.. Maybe Brazil or something interesting? Or are you American? In which case I guess that's cool :p

I am an American. Going to see if I can't crawl outta the slums. Hrmm, I was considering another league but that's why I'm taking suggestions. I also wanna know if people would read it and such. I know I have alotta people following my Bhutan thread (I'm still doing that btw).

well its a good idea apart from doing it in america. your player would need to be getting a really high average rating to be noticed in europe. but its your choice...

Would read it myself. Like your Bhutan story.

Give it a go.

I am an American. Going to see if I can't crawl outta the slums. Hrmm, I was considering another league but that's why I'm taking suggestions. I also wanna know if people would read it and such. I know I have alotta people following my Bhutan thread (I'm still doing that btw).

I haven't heard of your Bhutan thread sorry.. Must have been around before I joined. I would say maybe a different league, what other leagues would you consider? Obviously he could still be a USA national and maybe even have a background of playing in America? Maybe he's just transferred from USA to another country for a better chance of making it big? I don't know, I'll be watching this thread though, sounds like a good idea :) Keep it up

Well I'm deciding the story so if I want him in Europe he'll go to Europe ;).

That's not to say that I will be cheating or anything of the sort. If he's a monster in the USA and I decide to keep the story interesting maybe I send him to Barca. Maybe he flops. We'll find out. This will be a story more than it will be a game.

I'm gunna give it a go. Be on the look out.

(My Bhutan thread is in the LLM forum. Many find it a good read. Go give it a look :) (another shameless plug)

In fact, am making my own one of these :)

Thanks for the inspiration :p

In fact, am making my own one of these :)

Thanks for the inspiration :p

I might too ..Not tonight though, way too tired. I'm more interested in the aspect of watching the player develop than the story side too it. Good luck everyone! :D

i would definatly read this thread, just finished reading your Bhutan thread. Very good read!! would like to see the progress that u make in this game also.

What is the point putting your PA 200 , obviously all the top teams are going to come in for him straight away

Not if I keep my Reputation low. And like i said I can control how the story plays out. As previously stated, think of this more of a story and less of a game. I'm using the game to play it out, but I will be constructing a story surrounding my player that the game couldn't tell. Sure Barca will want me, but I won't go. I'll decline transfer offers and then use the editor if he gets angry. This is a story, that's why it says such. I manage whatever club he goes to. That's about it. I'll make some deals to better the squad because my guy doesn't wanna be on a team of losers, but this is a story about my guy. Just read it, you'll like it

I've read through the thread and I can see why people are dissing it.. It's not the most exciting read ever.. Or is it meant to drag out?

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

"He remained with her until he was 7 when his parent's took him back to the States, but not after he got Irish citizenship. "
What is this? Surely if his Grandmother is an Irish citizen then he automatically is.. Saying he got an Irish citizenship doesn't make sense.. Surely that's the last thing on a 7 year olds mind.

I've read through the thread and I can see why people are dissing it.. It's not the most exciting read ever.. Or is it meant to drag out?

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

"He remained with her until he was 7 when his parent's took him back to the States, but not after he got Irish citizenship. "
What is this? Surely if his Grandmother is an Irish citizen then he automatically is.. Saying he got an Irish citizenship doesn't make sense.. Surely that's the last thing on a 7 year olds mind.

come on giv the dude some credit he's already had some exposure with his bhutan experiment,lets see where the story goes eh?
hope you move to scotland and rangers mate hook up with beasley and mo edu!

come on giv the dude some credit he's already had some exposure with his bhutan experiment,lets see where the story goes eh?
hope you move to scotland and rangers mate hook up with beasley and mo edu!

I'm not saying it's bad, he is a writer and I'm sure he can take criticism.. You don't need to defend him.

I hope it's an entertaining story, I really do.. I just hope to god he doesn't end up at any of the big clubs because that would ruin it.. He should bring glory to a smaller side and become an American icon, opening the eyes to the stupid Americans who call it soccer! That it is the best sport in the world! :p

I'm not saying it's bad, he is a writer and I'm sure he can take criticism.. You don't need to defend him.

Maybe so,but nuthin wrong with a bit of support now and again?
Just cos he's a writer doesn't mean he won't get offended if people have a go at him when he's trying to do something a bit different?
And i wasn't takin a pop at yourself just lookin for support for the fella?

:). I can take criticism. But I don't need people always up my *** either :p. I appreciate the bout of support from ya kevdo, and let the story get time to pan out. I can imagine I will go to a major club at some point, but I won't just hop around because it's fun or nothing. It's a story and I will play it out as such. I will also take suggestions or anything.

If you guys have an idea you wanna see enacted or played out then say so, maybe I'll use it.

:) thanks focus_mad. You're a good man. How's it been with Bosnia? I haven't seen an update lately.

ah i havent had a chance to update yet, been doing alot of nixers recently so by da time i come home im wrecked!! hopefully have a update early next week!