View attachment 330129
I got the job. I was over the moon. It isn't going to be hard though, Sunderland have took 4 points from 11 games this season and find themselves dead bottom of the table. It's going to take something special to claw them out, but this is the perfect opportunity to show the world that I can manage, and that I can do it well. It's going to be a long journey, but one I will get through. I need to lift the heads of the likes of Adam Johnson, Steven Fletcher and John O'shea who to me are the most influential players in this squad.

View attachment 330127
Larsson screamer seals a point! After a tough game with Southampton and finding ourselves 1-0 down in the 39th minute courtesy to a goal from Graziano Pelle, it was Sunderland and Larsson who had the last laugh as he hit a 40 yard effort 60 seconds later to beat a scrambling Boruc. It was a very positive performance and I felt there were plenty of times when we could have won the game. Out of the 11 games played Sunderland have only took points out of 2, so getting one under my belt already was nice.

View attachment 330126

View attachment 330046
Confident Arsenal sink Sunderland. It's always a hard game coming to the Emirates. I couldn't expect the lads to come here and get the points, but I could expect them to do their best and put up a fight. They did. Arsenal didnt dominate the game like we are used to seeing at the Emirates. We pressed high on Wilshire which made him make many mistakes, but goals from Welbeck and Giroud sealed it for the gunners on the day.

View attachment 330045

View attachment 330044
What a performance from the lads. The scoreline does not reflect the result at all. We bossed Chelsea for a lot of the game once getting a goal back from being 2-0 down. Costa grabbed the winner in the end but we played well. It's been a tough 3 games to start off with. We've played 3 technically gifted sides, with 2 being title contenders so I can't take any negatives off not having a win yet. Next up is a trip to the Hawthornes which wont be easy and then we welcome Liverpool. Were currently 6 points away from getting out of the relegation zone so we need to get results, and fast.

View attachment 330043

View attachment 330034
I have now managed Sunderland for 9 games, and still no win. I feel as if it is my fault, I haven't had a win as a manager yet and I just cannot put my finger on it. We have won 1 game in the first half of the season, that's not good enough at all. It's unacceptable for the fans. I feel like maybe I can't be the one to keep this club up, but I can't resign, not after what happened at Fulham. We're starting to play well, but we keep coming against the big clubs, and then the ones we should beat at home we are coming against away. I've had 2 home games that we realistically would be favourites in. Southampton and West Ham. Both ended 1-1. We are in a deep mess and its time to dig deep and find out if there is any way out. This would be the greatest escape ever.

Just a quick message too, I don't have a clue why I can't get a win... I have won the league with Liverpool in the first season before and have got top 4 with the Saints, suppose its a different side to most stories though so hope you are all entertained still!

Brilliant read mate, looking forward to further updates....just out of curiosity what tactic are you playing??

Brilliant read mate, looking forward to further updates....just out of curiosity what tactic are you playing??

Cheers mate, I've tried a few to be honest, not sure why I can't get it right. Normally I do pretty well on FM but this save hates me! Like I said though it's making a different story to most! Just got to see now if I can turn it around.

Results have not been going well, I can't deny that, and now the chairman Ellis Short wants a word with me.

ES - "Jamie, thanks for coming, take a seat."

JC - "Thanks boss, what can I do for you?"

ES - "As you know, the results haven't been good. 9 games without a win doesn't fill us with too much confidence, but I know it is not all your fault Jamie, our squad is very poor at the moment, and I wish I could back you with the funds this month to improve it now the window is open, but I can't. We're getting relegated, we have to face that now, it isn't y our fault at all Jamie. You took over a sinking ship. I'm going to give you a chance to show me what you can do, I don't expect you to stay up, but show me that next season you will be the man to bring us back up."

JC - "I've been in this sport a long time and one thing I will say is although it looks highly unlikely, anything can happen in football and we may just stay up. I can't fault the team so far Sir. They have give it their all. The problem we have is that we have no depth in the squad. We've been hit by many injuries and we've had no one to cover anyone. You need depth at this level."

ES - "I understand Jamie, if I could afford to take the risk to give you the funds to help us stay up I would, but I just can't. If we are going down I do not want stars leaving. This is a job you're going to have to make the best of what you have here, next season I will back you. Just show me theres something special about your management."

JC - "I will boss. This has not been the job I thought it would have been I have to be honest, but nothing is simple in football."

I come out of the meeting frustrated because the chairman of this football club does not care about the club. He is just a businessman. Back when Niall Quinn was in charge he would have done anything to keep us up. I don't need £20 million, but to have no budget and no wage budget remaining is not good enough. All of our players are out of form too so I can't see anyone coming along for them. Especially when they know they will be able to get them at a lower price tag in 6 months time.

Hopefully you can turn things around with them mate but so far at both clubs its not gone well but the positive wins will come

Hopefully you can turn things around with them mate but so far at both clubs its not gone well but the positive wins will come

I know! It's so weird not winning, I've never had a run even close to this on any FM! So strange. Their squad is hit with injuries though so it doesn't help, seems to be a thing on this new one!

476103977-463876.jpg

Steven Fletcher has handed in a transfer request. His reasons are because the club are not pulling their weight. To be honest, he is one to talk as he hasn't put together a good performance since I've arrived. Players like Fletcher are only there for the good times. I haven't forgotten that he did this to Wolves. He can go, and hopefully someone will buy him and we will find the right replacement. This could be a good move for both parties.

No player is bigger than the club mate! hope you can get a bit for him, maybe look in Championship for a striker, someone like Jordan Rhodes?

View attachment 329696
Some good results here, weve stopped losing so much, we had an unbeaten run of a few games and weve cancelled City out twice and are on a good little cup run. The problem is havent had the wins we needed in the league, and with the "easy" games played it's looking like we are down. No one bid for Fletcher in January so we have been stuck with him, and he's not been too good for us either. It would take a miracle to keep us up, and I just cant see it done with this squad. I'm going to try and win every game I can, and maybe see if we can sneak past city in the second leg to and put us through to the semi finals of the FA Cup.

View attachment 329675
Sacked. I walk out of this club, with no respect from the fans. I'm already turning my respectable playing career upside down. I have not been a good manager, you only get so many chances before a club will not see you as a potential target. I think I've already had mine. If I am lucky enough to get another job I think it will be down in the bottom. One thing I did get from this is that I got the lads fighting. I've been at 2 clubs now with no transfer budget at all, it's hard to make it your own when you don't get to add some faces in. Nevertheless this was not good enough, and I deserved to be relieved from my duties. I would like another club instantly so I have all of pre season to work with them, let's see who is looking.

Just keep your head up, and the results will follow! Loving this story!

View attachment 329652
I was quite surprised about this, I applied for the job but after the last two positions I didnt think that they would want me. Well, they still might not. I'm going to have to go in there with all my new ideas. One thing I did do at Sunderland is tighten up the defence that they had, but the lack of quality in the players meant I couldn't work wonders at the club.

NOW THIS... THIS IS BIG NEWS.

I really don't know how, why or what they are thinking in offering me a job interview, I've highly under performed at 2 English clubs already, and now this team want me? I can't help but think why but I must attend the interview...
View attachment 329645
Manchester City. Crowned Champions twice in the last 4 seasons, and they are considering me to manage them? Let's hope I pull something out of the bag in the interview! This would be a great opportunity to show the world that it was the squads I was playing with rather than the manager at fault for the two previous failures.