View attachment 329318
Newcastles match got rescheduled because of the Europa League, so my first competitive game in charge was in the Capital One Cup second round against Bristol City. It's fair to say that the lads did their job properly, and we looked comfortable throughout the game. I have finally won my first game at a club! It's been coming! Hopefully we can carry this into our first league match of the season. Norwich Away. Dembele was outstanding having come off the bench early after Tom Cleverly got injured. He deserved that Man of the Match.

View attachment 329315
A good game. The players dug deep to get a point after Norwich parked the bus after snatching a goal. A performance that doesn't fill you with confidence but also one which doesn't scare you. City at home next. This will be interesting.

View attachment 329310
Get in! A win over the team I was so desperate to join and one which are full of talent. So far so good in this job, maybe it was the squad I was managing? It's still early doors. Mitrovic again was bullying defenders and caused some problems for Kompany. Cleverly bagged his first goal for the club and being a former United man I'm sure that made it even more sweeter for him! the team looks to be clicking much quicker than I thought!

View attachment 329309
Hit hard by Chelsea today, but mainly Diego Costa. We were just beaten by the better side. We had a couple of chances but Courtois was on form today and kept them out. Losing to Mourinho at Stamford Bridge is expected. There is something so hard about going there. We need to pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off realy for the third round of the Capital Once Cup now.

View attachment 329308
A good win considering 7 of the starting XI were rested. It shows we have depth in our squad and who knows, maybe we can go far in this competition. It wasn't a priority at first but it would be nice to get a some silverware under my belt. Dembele is on brilliant form at the moment.

Would make suggestion that you try to keep all results from one month in the same post mate as some people may not want to follow each and every game in posts like that but i may be wrong

Would make suggestion that you try to keep all results from one month in the same post mate as some people may not want to follow each and every game in posts like that but i may be wrong

I used to do it on my old story last year and it got quite a lot of god feedback so I'm not sure! :)

Congrats on the Spurs Job mate, bit of a surprise considering your start...Dembele looks to be in some great form at the moment aswell....great read this!!

Congrats on the Spurs Job mate, bit of a surprise considering your start...Dembele looks to be in some great form at the moment aswell....great read this!!

I know! I was as surprised as you! He wanted to leave for Madrid for thirty million but I persuaded him to stay.

Okay lads be honest how do you want this layed out? I do like monthly updates but it will slow them down, I will probably do game by game update most of the time and sometimes do bulk updates, when I used to read FM stories I always wanted more so I don't know how you all want it? :) I want to keep you entertained at the end of the day!

Just go with whatever you want to do/or which ever is easier for you to do...its your story at the end of the day!

View attachment 329257

Miguel Veloso out for 4 months

Gutted. Veloso had been in fine form in his first few games for us, and got injured on International Duty. After the scans had come in it is now known that he will be out for around 4 months. Luckily I have cover in the position, with Fellaini and Will Hughes, but it still is a big loss!​

View attachment 329149
A great win over the team I grew up to support. I will wind my dad up with this one! I had tactically out smartened Roberto Martinez. Everton have been doing a lot of high pressing in the early stages of the game, so we let them have the ball. They are not the quickest of sides so I countered them early on and it worked. Mitrovic again with the goal. At 20 years of age this lad is looking like a real talent. I then changed our tactic so we controlled the game. 2 more goals went in late on after Everton began to get tired and it was all over from there. Mitrovic and Lamella were superb. That's it for the end of September.

View attachment 329146
At the moment we are sitting in sixth place. Bare in mind I have already played Manchester City, Everton and Chelsea. So that's not a bad start at all. We should have got more at Norwich but you cant win them all. We've also progressed to the last 16 of the Capital One cup so all in all it's been a pretty good month for us.​

I used to do it on my old story last year and it got quite a lot of god feedback so I'm not sure! :)

I quite like the fact you use the match review thing. Might do the same myself on my story. I always do monthly reports however but updating as you go isn't all that bad! Not a bad start with Spurs, just a shame about that tonking from Chelsea!

I dont mind your layout at all, infact I like it, I think doing monthly people don't really pay interest just look at results & league table.

keep it up mate!

I lost 2-1 to Stoke at the Britania, my computer crashed and I've lost the image and also I'm too far ahead to get it back from the inbox, apart from that I have the rest!

View attachment 329105
Unlucky not to get all 3 points here. We hit the woodwork 3 times, and the keeper made some great saves. If it wasnt for Chamakh's screamer we would have walked away winners. Palace are still yet to lose a game in their opening 7 fixtures though so they are performing well above expections.

View attachment 329104
A solid performance. We bullied Aston Villa. Mitrovic bagged another goal again, now I'm really beginning to believe that this guy might become one of the world best. His positioning and finishing is out of this world.

View attachment 329102
A very unlucky result with this one. Brighton equalised through a screamer in stoppage time, and somehow scraped through to penalties. Their keeper was unstoppable and we just couldn't beat him. I'm not too disheartened as this cup was never priority but it would have been nice to carry on going.

View attachment 329096
A good win away to a strong West Ham side. Amalfitano made it easier by getting an early bath. Mitrovic carrying on his goal scoring form, I'm already looking into his contract as Liverpool are interested in him. Here is the league table at the end of October:

View attachment 329093
Still in 6th place but with a game in hand. Seems like United are running away with the title already, which annoys me!