you've done an absolutely amazing job on FM Base mate you really deserve the story of the year away and i really hope you win it! this story really inspired me to sign up here and start saves so congratulations and good luck in the future :)

Hi guys, I just need to let you know something.

Next year I will not be buying Football Manager. Right now in my life I don't have the time for it. So it seems silly to get it.

On the other hand I will still be coming on this website to read all of your stories. As I do anyway.

It would be great to win the Story of the year award and the FM Base World cup to top off how successful this story has become before taking a break from!

Thanks to everyone who has followed this journey, it's been a **** of a ride. But I can confirm it is over.

I will finish with a concluding post when I get the time, again thanks for following and making this fun to do :)

Gutted! What am I gonna read at work now?!

It's been an amazing story to read, hope to see you back posting soon mate.

The end of a era. Seriously Jamie the contribution you have made to this forum is incredible. Thanks to you, I have begun to listen more to Jamie Carragher's tactical shenanigans even though most of it doesn't make sense. Hey I've even began to overlook his accent... slightly.

Agree with the above, can't speak highly enough of this story, it's been epic! Very disappointed to hear that there will not be an FM16 iteration, hopefully one day there will be

Last edited:
The numbers dont lie mate, most viewed story in FM Base history! An unbelievable effort.

The fact that you wont be buying FM16 will leave a Williams sized hole in all our hearts. Here's hoping you can free up some time in the future.

Good luck mate, hope to be seeing you around the place. :)

It just blown my mind !!
The news that we wont see another xJamieWilliams story made me sick.
I enjoyed reading your storie almost like me playing FM.
It was an incredible Jamie journey.
However,i still hope you'll buy FM,even if it is in January. :p

Jamie will be back sooner than he plans.... the pull of FM16 when he is on here reading other stories will draw him in ;)

The numbers dont lie mate, most viewed story in FM Base history! An unbelievable effort.

The fact that you wont be buying FM16 will leave a Williams sized hole in all our hearts. Here's hoping you can free up some time in the future.

Good luck mate, hope to be seeing you around the place. :)

One I may just try and fill if I get the time ;)

Thank you for all the messages! Like Average Joe said, maybe I will get drawn back into playing FM early but I'm not sure :p

View attachment 967118

Leeds miss out on Champions League football in last day drama!
View attachment 218864
Late Barbosa goal gives Liverpool crucial win

A last minute Gabriel Barbosa penalty see's Liverpool qualify for the Champions League at Leeds' dispense. Newly promoted Leeds have performed well above all odds this year by challenging for a place in the top four all season. After a bad run of games they faced fifth placed Liverpool in a battle which would see the winner ****** the spot off Leeds. The late goal came from a penalty after Foderingham brought Coutinho down in the box. The keeper was sent off and with all 3 subs being made, Babacar was the man sent with the task to save the penalty. Unfortunately for Leeds he couldnt. This would be Jose Mourinho's last game as Liverpool manager, as he is taking a year out of football. Rumour has it that Carragher is destined for a Liverpool return, as he's always spoke warmly to the idea of going back.

Here is a straw poll for the story of the year which I am nominated in. As shameful as this is, if you want to vote for my story, don't be shy :p

Straw Poll