January Transfers Patch 12.2.0 RELEASED

Thanks a lot tiraths you have really calmed some. Of my curiosity on the issue I asked. But I would like to know more about this steam because I just installed one but when am online and I click on the icon it says updating steam but then the updating status disappears. Please have I fully. Installed it or does it require any other process or registration. Secondly if steam successfully updates my football manager 2012 when the january update comes out, can I play it offline?

Once the updating bar disappears its done. And yes you'll still be able to play offline-that won't be affected.

It's surely going to come out next week. I wanna see how good they make RVP!

hopefully it comes out in the next week i havnt played FM in just over a month simply because i wanted the ownership and squad status of my team (plymouth argyle) sorted out im sure when the jan patch comes out ill be playing it loads again

I don't see why it takes so long for it to come out. I mean a single person can do it within a week, but the whole team can't do it in over a month. Plus this seasons transfer window wasn't even a big one.

I don't see why it takes so long for it to come out. I mean a single person can do it within a week, but the whole team can't do it in over a month. Plus this seasons transfer window wasn't even a big one.

They need to change the Chelsea manager for starters lol

Which takes about 30 seconds to do on the editor. but will take them 4 days.

Which takes about 30 seconds to do on the editor. but will take them 4 days.
think that is a very ignorant view. If they could release as quick as you say, then they would. But they have to do EVERY transfer from all over the world which takes a **** of a lot of research. Factor in possible CA/PA changes to players and then having to test that the game is still balanced. Then fix any possible bugs which takes time as well. You don't pay for the update so, quite frankly, you have no right to complain

think that is a very ignorant view. If they could release as quick as you say, then they would. But they have to do EVERY transfer from all over the world which takes a **** of a lot of research. Factor in possible CA/PA changes to players and then having to test that the game is still balanced. Then fix any possible bugs which takes time as well. You don't pay for the update so, quite frankly, you have no right to complain

I have agree with you and I half don't. I'm not a big fan of trying to stick up for million dollar companies. Democracy is also a meritocracy. The best people for the job. The right answer, the one you should have given is that: Not all transfer windows around the world are over yet.
A team of people, paid, working 9 to 5, 5 days a week (at a minimum), should be able to churn out an update within a few days. The reason they are not is for purely commercial reasons, not that a blame them- this is a free market. Why release the update in February when you can do it in March and get a final surge of longevity into the game.

I have agree with you and I half don't. I'm not a big fan of trying to stick up for million dollar companies. Democracy is also a meritocracy. The best people for the job. The right answer, the one you should have given is that: Not all transfer windows around the world are over yet.
A team of people, paid, working 9 to 5, 5 days a week (at a minimum), should be able to churn out an update within a few days. The reason they are not is for purely commercial reasons, not that a blame them- this is a free market. Why release the update in February when you can do it in March and get a final surge of longevity into the game.

There is a number of reasons. One they have to get files back from all their researchers all over the world (me included) then check that they are fair enough, fix bugs and make any other changes such as sackings or late transfers. then the data has to be locked for 3 weeks before they can release it. Its a tough and complicated process and it is much more professional than the unofficial updates which take requests.

or maybe a little bit of transparency and communication with their customers(us the players) as to when the update is going to be, seems like every year there is these hooha as to when the update is going to come out, but no one from SI actually comes out and set the record straight, its not so much on how long is taken or how long the update is going to be, its just a simple communication skills. should they come out at the beginning of january and say the update will be end of march, at least then everyone knows and will avoid unnecessary threads like these. The fact that they advertise the game so much before release date and when it comes to patches and stuff noone bothers is a bit arrogant to me. good job is a ****** good game or they will be loosing customers cuz of this (i certainly wouldnt bother with them pfffft)

Would you rather they set a date and weren't able to keep to it. Its impossible to predict when almost 1000 researchers will send their files back and how many late changes they will have to do. just be patient and stop moaning

i know its not the same but fifa12 got its jan transfer update about 2-3 weeks ago i have only been buying fm for the last 3 years but so far its never gone into april i would be a tad annoyed if its not out in the next 7 days or atleast someone from SI giving us a vague date as in the next 3 weeks or something

Okay please guys I want to know. The yearly release. Of football manager must first be purchased before steam updates it for you right? Secondly if I purchased a disk version of the game or downloaded it other than from steam, will. Steam still update it automatically when its due? Thanks

Okay please guys I want to know. The yearly release. Of football manager must first be purchased before steam updates it for you right? Secondly if I purchased a disk version of the game or downloaded it other than from steam, will. Steam still update it automatically when its due? Thanks
Steam will update the game regardless

i know its not the same but fifa12 got its jan transfer update about 2-3 weeks ago i have only been buying fm for the last 3 years but so far its never gone into april i would be a tad annoyed if its not out in the next 7 days or atleast someone from SI giving us a vague date as in the next 3 weeks or something

Fifa's update is not anywhere near as complex or detailed as Football managers, and that isnt even taking into account all the bug fixes

Newsflash. April isn't in 7 days.

Most editions of the FM series have seen the patch released in the first week of March, the release being this 'late' is entirely normal.

I think last year it came out around now? March 7 or 8 I think. So we should expect the patch within this week.

I think last year it came out around now? March 7 or 8 I think. So we should expect the patch within this week.
yup last year was 8th march, I would hope for the same thing, usually on a friday so the 9th fingers crossed.

one year it was Valentines day wasn't it? haha