***Jassar MM HOME & Jassar AWAY 14.2 Tactic Review***

iota4u

Reaction score
***Jassar MM HOME & Jassar AWAY 14.2 Tactic Review***

Jassar, in my opinion, is up there with "The Better Half" when it comes to tactic creation, you always know with both these authors that you are in for a treat, i know i am! Anyway, i thought i would write up a mini review of sorts for Jassar's MM tactic, both the home and away versions for the 14.2 version of the game, which is drawing a lot of stick for the lack of strikers scoring and the odd things here an there that seem to be annoying people, luckily, this is one of the tactics (including my own 4-4-2 dominance tactic aswell as a few others) that actually compliments strikers in their quest to meet the goal quota.

The formation of these tactics both have one thing in common, 4 at the back, 4 in midfield, the away tactic utilises a DM, where as the Home tactic utilises an AMC behind the striker, naturally, more defence when away, more attack at home, makes sense and is a good approach.

I decided to go with Everton for this review, it's a team where this tactic fits in nicely as the home tactic is their actual tactic IRL.
Home

(Click to enlarge pictures)

View attachment 439452

Away

View attachment 439451

I wanted to do this review using the stock team, as in, the team you start with, but very early on, i sustained injuries to my CM's (dodgy tackles from the AI) so i bought Anderson (he popped up in a scout report, so i just said ok :p) he played in one or two matches and after my players regained their strength, he was pretty much dropped. In this review, i wanted to keep the tactic as it was, no alterations mid game or anything like that, so any pop-ups during a game stating to do more of this or less of that, i ignored otherwise i felt i might have altered the tactic in some way (my madness i guess).

I played a total of 16 games (8 home, 8 away) with these two tactics and i feel it is just enough to do a review of it, considering most tactic, with in the first few league games, show their colours whether or not tey are goo or not.

First up are the friendlies in the Pre-Season:

View attachment 439444View attachment 439443View attachment 439442View attachment 439441
View attachment 439440View attachment 439438

(Southport game was using the reserve team as everyone bar 1 player was on international duty)

For me, the best match in the pre-season was the Celtic one, i genuinely thought i would have lost it.

Now, onto the start of the League:

View attachment 439434View attachment 439433View attachment 439432View attachment 439431
View attachment 439430View attachment 439429View attachment 439428View attachment 439427
View attachment 439426

The games i thought would really tst the tactic out would be against the monster teams of Manchester united, Chelsea and Arsenal, and thankfully i face them pretty much right at the start and won them! The Chelsea game was a hair raising match as it was back and fourth constantly and Pepe proved to be a nuisance to Lukaku. The Newcastle match was pretty surprising and even, i thought i may clinch it, but my guys kept on hitting the post.

Fixture lists & Results:

View attachment 439425

Tactic Analyses:

View attachment 439424

Club Information after games played:

View attachment 439423

Barclays Premier League Table after games played:

View attachment 439422

Goal Analyses - Assist Locations:

View attachment 439420

Now, that is all the pretty pictures out of the way, back to the typing. I am very impressed with this tactic, so much so i am going to continue my Everton save and see how far i get with it. If you love to have wingers in your squad, then you will love this tactic, but make sure the side of the pitch they play on is the same as what foot they are to get the most out of it! (as in, right footed on right side and vice versa etc). Pace and crossing are the key elements you want for your wingers using these tactics as these players will be the ones setting up opportunities for your striker and shadow striker. The Everton Wingers have been great, so if you can get any of them for your team, it is highly advised. A note on the wingers, i would get two spare wingers, to rotate them, as when they hit 75% fitness, i subbed them, to keep the chances coming, it is well worth it.

Now, for the striker role, whilst playing, i started off with Lukaku and subbed on Jelavic at half time, just to keep them fresh as they are my main goal scorers, they both do exceedingly well. In this tactic, it is very much a Target man strikers dream, so you will want to grab a hold of those taller, stronger strikers who can head the ball, if you can get Drogba, he is perfect for the first season until a fair few become available in January or at the end of the first season.

Centre Midfield, This is where your work horse players are going to be, a lot of running, passing, tackling and distributing to the wings or long through balls will occur, i always like to use a combination of a young CM and an older, more experienced CM, to get the best of both worlds, luckily, for the home tactic, i had Barry on loan, he works in a relentless fashion, but he will become increasingly tired in the latter stages in the match, so it would be wise to have a spare CM on the bench. The CM's in both the home and away tactic are great at being the first line of defence against the opposing team, they get stuck in and many battles bac and forth have come from it, no ending off's though luckily.

Defence, i was proud of the guys at the back, Everton, in game, have a decent starting defence, which will save you money if you decide to play as Everton. Very very good CB's and you also start with Baines too! The FB's do their part and on average get a very decent rating, they also come marauding in to attempt long range missile shots or the odd cross, which is always appreciate. In this tactic, the FB's work hard and are often the ones who are at the very start of a move towards the opposing goal. So make sure you invest in the wingers and FB's, that is where i would prioritise.

Goalkeeper, I started out with Tim Howard, now he is by far not the best keeper, but only conceding 10 goals in 16 odd matches isn't bad either! So it's a testament as to how the defensive members of the squad work and how bad the opposing team are at shooting.

Pros:

- Target Man Heaven

- Lots of wing play

- Passing in triangles and boxes occurs a lot

- Strong Defence & Midfield

- Attack from the whistle, punishes tiny mistakes from opposition.

- AI struggles to break down the tactic.

- Strikers score more than the other players
(a lot of tactics out there where strikers rarely score)

- Set Pieces are well thought out, no exploits. Decent chances created.

- A lot of chances are created through the wings and CM.

- Deadly on the Counter Attack.

- Visually aesthetically pleasing to watch with the calibre of passing.

Cons:

- CM's and CD's usually get booked.

- CM's will try to shoot from outside the area and often miss.

- Home tactic defence is weaker due to no DM, AI leaps onto that.

- Need extra players to rotate with
(not necessarily a con, but need extras as there aren't many real con's for this tactic :p )

- May struggle against the Big teams if you have a weak link.

In all honesty, for the 14.2 patch, this has been one of the best tactics i have used and it has been a joy to use it and watch it, the football created from it is a beauty and i'll eventually run out of superlatives for it. Jassr has done an excellent job for his update of this tactic and made it even better IMO, it's a must have set of tactics and gets my seal of approval!

The thread where the tactics are located -------> http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...read***********************jassar*******.html

Update, link to the post where the tactics are: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...***********jassar*******-360.html#post1963650
Go on, go get it, what are you waiting for?

Last edited:
Thanks mate I loved the review . Very well done . Keep playing the whole season and let's see how it goes .

will do, will probably do a christmas update :)

The Away tactic looks solid, guys. Goals and good defence. Great results at Villa and United. Will give it a try. Home tactic doesn't look appealing if you want a clean sheet. But, Great results overall :)

Go_Od rewiew) To my mind it's better to use HOME against weaker teams at home and AWAY against strong teams at home, against all teams away)

Sorry for my English

Hi there, looks amazing as always, but i cant find a normal download file in the thread you suggested, there's a few tactics but nonne of the listed in this thread, could you please post them here ?

i mean i cant find the 14.2 Home and Away tactics... please help.

Hi there, looks amazing as always, but i cant find a normal download file in the thread you suggested, there's a few tactics but nonne of the listed in this thread, could you please post them here ?

updated the first post at the bottom, added a new link which will take you to the post in Jassar's thread where the tactics are.

Midfield Maestro click here------#3592

I'm using this tactic right now and it's working great for my Newcastle side. I didn't even realize that the 4-1-4-1 is actually the away tactic since it scores so many goal.

I notice that if you're playing 14.2 patch you will need at least 1 DM so you have to play 4 defenders + 1 DM or 3 CBs + 1 DM. If you don't utilize a DM then the AI will destroy you with through balls.

Who's ideal for the wings? im playing as ajax. any suggested signings other that the everton players? :) ty.

Who's ideal for the wings? im playing as ajax. any suggested signings other that the everton players? :) ty.
If u have good wingbacks u can try training them to DW. If u don't than buy players similar to asamoah from juventus . The ideal player will be a player that is good in going forward and can do defending too . Asamoah ,Alex Sandra, kolarov, zabaleta are all good examples

What do you do for training? team and indiv? let the assistant handle it? ty for response btw:)

this is a more than a proper review....well done....best read since sometimes and certainty 2014

I cannot recommend this highly enough.

Started with Southampton, used these tactics to full specification. Signed Mateo Musacchio (2.3mil) Camilo Zuniga (8mil) Asmir Begovic (9mil).

Won the league, Osvaldo scoring 44+ league goals. Top of the table by 3 points. Zuniga and Ramirez out injured for 4 months each. Of course it wasnt a perfect season as I was knocked out of the league cup earlier than I'd have liked and a controversial United penalty in the 97thmin of added on time (only ment to have been 2mins) knocked me out of the FA cup semi final.
However I got my revenge as United were in second place, poised to go ahead of me in the second to last game of the season, winner takes all and at St Mary's, Camilo Zuniga in the 89th min scored his first goal for the club in his first match back from injury to win me the title