Not having much luck with this tactic, came 2nd in my City save, lost like 6 games against small teams 1-0, was really annoying, and it hardly scores any goals :(

Not having much luck with this tactic, came 2nd in my City save, lost like 6 games against small teams 1-0, was really annoying, and it hardly scores any goals :(
that probably isnt the tactics fault you can't make it work

Don't estimate your tactics on CCC's

993f531de9012a9b735dba0c463de4c9.jpg

Longshots in game can be just outside the penalty box - in my opinion their is two types of longshots - their are the useless longshots the 30-40 yarders - and then the type of longshots that I think you can count as quality - the ones just outside the penalty box or on the edge - both types count towards the longshot statistics, but one better than the other. Why am I telling you this? - becourse it seems like their is an old and outdated opinion about longshots - in the older fms for a long period longshots worked poorly and was really an annoying part of the game - now it can be good and bad as I just described - so in fm17 - don't see longshots as a bad thing - its probably much better than it has ever been and more realistic - the developers are trying to replicate real life as much as they can.

My theory is the further away a player is from goal the higher longshot attribute he would need along with decisions for the 30-40 yarders to succeed once in a while but such players would be real special 17+ in my opinion in this tactic this would be the BWM's - however I wouldn't search for players just for that as they are very rare and they don't shoot that often - in other words its not their main job.

Players like F9's I would go for 13+ and since the f9's are the players to take the most shots from a distance - I would definitely look for players who could do it along with a decent finishing attribute - I think all striker roles can benefit from it and when I say that I find it extremely important that the longshot attribute is being taken serious becourse you can't tweak the edge of the box shots they happen nomatter what.

About Kangaroo: - I recommend using defensive positioning in the premier league as their are many threats in this league and things can easily go wrong if you don't have the right players or the right attitude against your next opponent.

Corners: I think you should choose either one of the cm's or the cam - interesting enough I don't feel you need 20 in the corner attribute or cross attribute for successful outcomes in this tactic.

Time is the essence - you need to give it time let your players get fully fluid as a team but also individually - and ofcourse its very important that the players you use has all the right attributes to succeed in the role they are suppose to fulfill.

About Twitch: - Let me clarify - my shared twitch profile isn't beeing used to boost our views - we couldn't care less about that - however what it is beeing used for is an online profile where I can organize everything I create and to get closer to the people around the world with the interest in football manager. Their isn't any hidden agendas with Weartibus -Infact I haven't been much on lately due to illness and tiredness - everything on their is strictly created with the purpose to satisfy or serve the fm community in a different way. I hope I can get back on track with that in the new year - if my illness copes.

I hope you find this information useful if not I stand by everything I say/tell you about the game

Cheers

I'm confused at how this makes any sense at all? Most my players are 175+ CA....if its a plug and play what else can I do? Not hating, I love your tactics and stream

that probably isnt the tactics fault you can't make it work

I'm confused at how this makes any sense at all? Most my players are 175+ CA....if its a plug and play what else can I do? Not hating, I love your tactics and stream

team talks - resting players after each match - team meeting when someone is unhappy about something ?

Do your players fit the roles? for me thats more important than what CA they got - sounds like a kickass team you have , but still it could be they are not ready for this sort of formation - if the players does fit the roles you should walk all over everyone.

Cheers mate

Too add to the comments about long shots

Free kicks which are shot from also add to this number and are normally high risk due to the set ups being designed for crosses in fm

Hmm, everyone is at least 7/10 on the circle thing, I give players rest after every match for a day, letting my assistant do team talks, might do them myself now

team talks - resting players after each match - team meeting when someone is unhappy about something ?

Do your players fit the roles? for me thats more important than what CA they got - sounds like a kickass team you have , but still it could be they are not ready for this sort of formation - if the players does fit the roles you should walk all over everyone.

Cheers mate

Hmm, everyone is at least 7/10 on the circle thing, I give players rest after every match for a day, letting my assistant do team talks, might do them myself now

when I say rest I dont refer to the box you can tick on the training screen - I do that one as well. I go to the squad screen and pick my 10 outfield players then right click and rest them between 2days or 3 days the training they get is when they play football matches which is more than enough.

I don't look at the circle - I look at their attributes - I suggest you highlight the roles attribute to get the full overview.

Team talk - I haven't found an assman who is capable of doing great team talks consistantly - you should do them yourself.

Using the calm approach unless you are losing - thats aggressive for me - also if they turn red I critisize them calmly defence midfield or attack where the red is.

if they are winning 2-0 vs poor opponents I calmly say its not good enough

if they are losing vs poor opponent i aggressively say I expect much better

if they are winning 2-0+ vs strong opponents I ask them calmly to stay focussed

I praise them calmly for any wins they get

Hope this helps you some - cheers mate

Don't estimate your tactics on CCC's
I disagree with this. 30 games with the same number of shots and a 1 CCC average per game will have worst results than 30 games with the same number of shots with an average of 4+ CCCs per game.

The math is simple. Long shots have several layers of protection, but not only these: long shots attribute to an extent, the possibility of multiple blocks from the defense, and the time the GK has to react and block the shot.

Clear cut chances mechanics is much simpler and has bigger chances of success, since there are less layers of protections, and in many situation even an empty net.

View attachment 113173

When employing tactics with many long shots and less CCCs, there are too many times a team can loose games like this game, where I am loosing 1 0. And it's not only the random game when you loose because the opposition is lucky. It's normal to have a smaller goal/shot ratio if you have less clear shots on goal.

In Fm 16 I had a tactic with a lot of CCs. Games like that, loosing 1 0 with the opponents having 1 shot on goal did not exist. Because when you have 5 clear shots you score at last one, most of the times, due to the mechanics explained before, no matter how bad are your strikers.

The quality of a striker or player is less important when you have clear shot. But when you speak about long shots, the quality has a bigger influence.

Last edited:
So you have the opinion that CCCs is important, and post a screen where the winning team has 2 shots at goal, 1 on target and 0 CCC.... that dosn't really add to your point - about longshots and deflection from defender or keeper, that's a loose ball there also can create chances closer to the goal. Personally I look at shots on goal too, what good is CCCs if your team dosn't get the ball across the line ;)

I am not sure you get my point, and certainly I can't see any logic in what you say. What good are long shots if there are multiple defensive layers that defend against them, when against a clear shot it's just the striker, the net, and maybe a goalkeeper. I doubt one can say that players have a bigger chance to score from long shots than from clear cut chances.

For a CCC the player just has to put the ball in the net, it's like an average striker from Poland, or Hungary, or Greece, so we do not use big strikers, has to pass the ball in the net. Now the same striker or player you say that he has better chances to score a goal from long shots, with defenders, goalkeeper and physics working all to defend the gate.

Basic physics show that if you mishit slightly a ball, on a short distance the ball will still hit the gate. From long shots, a slightly mishit ball can go as far as 10 meters away from the gate, if not even more.

There is absolutely no chance long shots can deliver a bigger chance to score than clear cut chances, no matter how good or bad is the striker.

For a CCC the player just has to put the ball in the net
Well that would require the goalkeeper to be gone too, he could still be on the ground after a parry of a shot from another player. Agreed anybody can score a goal on an empty goal, but, in FM and in real life unknown and well known players still miss on an empty goal now and then.

besides if a CCC is just to put the ball in the net, the team with most CCCs should win all the time, and i don't see that happening all the time.

Just take your Man C -v- Liverpool screen... if your points was 100% correct city should have won the match 1-0 as they had the only CCC in the match and to me it proves that CCCs isn't the most important thing to look at.

I disagree with this. 30 games with the same number of shots and a 1 CCC average per game will have worst results than 30 games with the same number of shots with an average of 4+ CCCs per game.

The math is simple. Long shots have several layers of protection, but not only these: long shots attribute to an extent, the possibility of multiple blocks from the defense, and the time the GK has to react and block the shot.

Clear cut chances mechanics is much simpler and has bigger chances of success, since there are less layers of protections, and in many situation even an empty net.

View attachment 1094696

When employing tactics with many long shots and less CCCs, there are too many times a team can loose games like this game, where I am loosing 1 0. And it's not only the random game when you loose because the opposition is lucky. It's normal to have a smaller goal/shot ratio if you have less clear shots on goal.

In Fm 16 I had a tactic with a lot of CCs. Games like that, loosing 1 0 with the opponents having 1 shot on goal did not exist. Because when you have 5 clear shots you score at last one, most of the times, due to the mechanics explained before, no matter how bad are your strikers.

The quality of a striker or player is less important when you have clear shot. But when you speak about long shots, the quality has a bigger influence.

I didn't say anything about CCC's can't be valuable - I said don't estimate your tactics on CCC's - just becourse one tactic can create several numbers of CCC's every game doesn't make that tactic better - you'll see plenty of quality from shots at the edge of the box if you have the right player for it - that's for fm17 - in fm16 CCC's was a disaster unless they came from crosses - whenever you were one on one with the keeper 9 out of 10 the keeper would save it nomatter the quality of the player - in fm17 CCC's work but they are by no means magic in comparisson to other variables like edge of the box shots or even half chances - another thing about CCC's you'll still need a capable player to put them in - anyone can put it in an empty net - but one on one CCC's youll need mental skills - the attribute composure along with finishing and decisions I would say - is extremely important unless as you say its a one on one with the empty net - then you just need a body to move the ball towards the goal.

My post from before was created to give insight in what also works, don't be narrow sighted cause you see a tactic that can create 6 CCC's every game - the best tactics will have a little bit of all - not just one thing - What's more important than any of this is the quality of the players.

to illustrate the point

View attachment 112964

I would feel aggrieved to have lost this match looking at the "match stats"

21 shots to 10 shots
Swansea 5 CCC's 0 goals
Arsenal 1 CCC 0 goals
Arsenal 1st long shot of the match 1 goal which turns out to be decisive

The point really is these numbers are calculated poorly based on circumstance, throughout the whole game the ONLY real quality chance which was created was the one which was scored, which turns out to be a lovely move that left Wilshere on the edge of the area and he slotted home into the bottom corner.

Last edited: