• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cjackson11

Banned
Reaction score
Will be good to see everyones choice.

who is the better defender/captain

JT OR RIO

not just as a chelsea fan but as a england fan iv picked jt just simply because their isent another leader like this man around.

lol, i have just started one in this, but included vidic

yh, gr8 minds at all tht, plus we both know cech is better then buffon

rio is a better player than terry, doesn't ever really struggle against any attacker- class act!
terry though, is by far a better captain

erm really tough question i dont think i can answer i to be honest i mean how often do you see rio having to sprint around the pitch ill tell you not often simply because his smartness of the game and how he reads it is second to none he knows where he needs to be and is very rarely caught out of position.

and for jhn terry fair enough he does get caught out of poistion more than rio but hes a natural leader and can get his back 4 organised to the highest point simply if he cant cover a player then the next centre back will be there to cover him, JT organises a defence like no other centre back can do.

hey but thats just my opinion. :)

Rio Ferdinand is a better centre back, ability wise. John Terry is a solid defender though and an effective captain.

Both have their part to play for both club and country.

in my opinion, best international CB pairing. well actually England have the best international back 4 or very close to the top, cant think of any better right now

in my opinion, best international CB pairing. well actually England have the best international back 4 or very close to the top, cant think of any better right now

Completely agree with that.

But Terry is a little better.

i think Terry anyday..both as a leader and a player. Also Terry scores a **** of alot for a CB lol.

Terry. Ferdinand loses his cool way too much.

Terry ... He's a better Captain and a better Defender .. scores more aswell

yer suprised me actually dont expect it from a utd fan but then again goes to show ur not biased.

i call things how i see it, CECH is 2nd best keeper in the world, and essien and lampard would get in any other team in the world easily

Liverpool fan here and errrrr Rio all the way he is just 100% class him and vidic best pair of cb in world

I think that Terry is a better leader but I think that Ferdinand is the better defender

Went for Terry, although both have there weaknesses, Terry lacks abit of pace and finds it hard against pacey players, where as i feel Rio is solid most of the time although he does make a few costly mistakes, like the one in the England match tonite

Yeah, RF is riddled with errors so far, I would be a better centre back then him right now.

In light of recent events my vote would have to go for John Terry.