MrTini23

Premium
Reaction score
gkRPosa.png

"Tranmere will never be able to compete with Liverpool and Everton. They're like big liners like the Queen Mary, but I see Tranmere as a Deadly Submarine" - Johnny King (Tranmere legend)

So here it is, my journey into the world of football (manager) with Tranmere Rovers. Next stop the Premier League....eventually

I'm going to keep this opening post free to keep a record of my career.

The story so far

2017/18 -
729.png
- |
109201.png
Vanarama National League - 1st |
Dzm0igd.png
FA Cup - R4 (0-2 vs Sheff Wed) |
s5AMDLW.png
FA Trophy - Winners (4-1 vs Spennymoor) |

2018/19 -
729.png
- |
14.png
Sky Bet League Two - 1st |
Dzm0igd.png
FA Cup - R3 (0-3 vs Newcastle) |
1301427.png
Carabao Cup - R3 (1-3 vs Man United) |
1301429.png
EFL Trophy - North Quarter Final (2-2p vs Tottenham Under 23's) |

2019/20 -
729.png
- |
13.png
Sky Bet League One - 1st |
Dzm0igd.png
FA Cup - R1 (0-2 vs Scunthorpe) |
1301427.png
Carabao Cup - R3 (2-2p vs Sheff Utd) |
1301429.png
EFL Trophy - North Quarter Final (0-1 vs Mansfield) |

Last edited:
gkRPosa.png

"Tranmere will never be able to compete with Liverpool and Everton. They're like big liners like the Queen Mary, but I see Tranmere as a Deadly Submarine" - Johnny King (Tranmere legend)

About the Club

General Information

After being relegated from the football league in 2015 and losing out in the playoffs last season, we are predicted to finish 3rd in the National League this time around. Only the two relegated sides Hartlepool and Leyton Orient are higher. I won't be aiming to finish 3rd, I'm looking to go one step further than last season and win the National League and with it, a place in the football league. We have a couple of local derbies this year with Wrexham and Chester which should spice things up a bit.

The Stadium

1342783522-TranmereArt.jpg

For a national league club, Tranmere have one of the nicest grounds around (I know this from experience having visited a number of the others this year IRL). With a capacity of just over 16,000, we are in a great position for when we start climbing up the leagues. I'd expect us to average 3,000/4,000 fans this season. The games against Wrexham and Chester will likely bring in a few more thousand.

Facilities

Facilities wise, we look ok but only that. Pretty much everything is either average or adequate. I have no idea how this compares to the other teams in the league but I'd imagine we'd be one of the best. I will definitely be looking to improve this if we can, especially the youth recruitment. If I can improve on the youth side of things then my plan is to bring young players through into the first team.

gkRPosa.png

Staff

When I joined the club, I decided to do a complete overhaul of the backroom team to help us reach our potential after two unsuccessful seasons in the National League. To start with, I got rid of all the current staff team with only Andy Parkinson (the Under 18's manager) staying on.

Then the hard work began. Recruiting for every single staff role is hard work let me tell you. My aim was to build a balanced staff team with a staff member able to cover every aspect of training and I was pleased with the people we were able to bring in.

Coaching Team

We made five additions in terms of the coaching staff. Former West Ham reserves manager Nick Haycock joins as assistant manager whilst Jason Blake, formerly of Burnley, will head up our youth development program. This is an important job as I'm looking to use our young players in the first team wherever possible. Jack Robinson will be in charge of coaching the goalkeepers, having previously been at Manchester United. Nick Harvey is our new fitness coach, with Ryan Semple completing our coaching team.

Recruitment Team

Pedro Pereira joins the club as Director of Football. It'll be interesting to see how we can work together as I've never worked with one before. Tommy Miller heads up our scouting team, with Josst Volmer and Peter Mead in support. Kelvin Herd is in charge of our Data Analysis department.

Medical Team

We have a really good medical team at the club now. Matt Radcliffe, who was previously at Manchester United, joins us as Head Physio with Luke Anthony in support. Neal Lattimore heads up our Sports Science department, supported by Taylor Lovelock.

Following the complete overhaul of the staff team, we now have the best backroom team in the league and a base on which to build as we climb higher up the leagues.

gkRPosa.png

Transfers

Transfers Out

As well as overhauling the staff team, I made plans to overhaul the playing squad as well. Tranmere have a lot of players who can be deemed 'squad players' and it was my goal to get rid of as many as possible. All the players that left the club were ones that I had targeted for selling, with the exception of club captain Steve McNulty. When Newport came in for Steve, there was no way I could say no, with him likely to retire at the end of the season anyway.

Transfers In

These departures would have left our squad looking thin, however, I had already managed to bring in quite a few players of Football League quality.

Nick Hayes joined us on loan from Ipswich. He's a young goalkeeper who will provide back up for regular no 1 Scott Davies. I was worried that our other keeper Luke Pilling does not have the ability to step up if Davies were to get injured during the season.

Our defence saw a huge rebuild. Steve McNulty and Jay McEveley leaving would have left us with just Ritchie Sutton, Adam Buxton, Liam Ridehalgh and Evan Gumbs as defensive options. Given my play to play a 3 at the back with wingbacks, this would have been catastrophic. Jonatas Centeno and Alexander McQueen have joined as our options in the full-back positions, meaning we now have 4 viable options for two positions. The signings of Connor O'Grady, Sam Brotherton, Ryan McGivern and Will Packwood now give us six options in the heart of defence.

I've brought in Tom Burridge and Chris Dawson to improve the central area of midfield, these two will fight for a place alongside Jeff Hughes, Jay Harris and James Wallace. Wallace still has two months out with the injury he picked up last season.

Up front, I brought in three players. Jake Pickard comes in from Queen of the South, former Rovers man Terry Gornell returns to the club and Kayne Diedrick-Roberts provides a backup option and some pace for the end of games.

gkRPosa.png

*Clicking pictures will show player screenshots

Goalkeepers

Scott Davies - Nick Hayes - Luke Pilling

Defenders

Fullbacks

Adam Buxton - Liam Ridehalgh - Alexander McQueen - Jonatas Centeno

Centre Backs

Ryan McGivern - Will Packwood - Sam Brotherton - Connor O'Grady - Ritchie Sutton

Midfielders

Centre Midfielders

Chris Dawson - Jeff Hughes - Jay Harris - James Wallace - Tom Burridge

Wingers

Ben Tollitt

Strikers

Andy Cook - James Norwood - Terry Gornell - Jake Pickard - Kayne Diedrick-Roberts

Reserves

Evan Gumbs - Mitchell Duggan - Devarn Green - Elliott Rokka

Out on Loan

George Waring (Kidderminster) - James Alabi (Dover) - Jake Kirby (Salford) - Eddie Clarke (Kidderminster)

gkRPosa.png

August-December 2017

I'm mostly happy with the start I've made to my football management career. We are sitting pretty up the top of the table and have put in some great performances along the way. The 4-0 win away at Woking being one such performance. James Norwood, Jake Pickard and Andy Cook have continued to build on their partnership up top and are looking lethal up there.

We're not as solidly as I'd like defensively but that comes with playing an attacking 3-5-2 with the wingbacks getting forward. Alexander McQueen has been very hit and miss and Nick Hayes has nailed down the number one spot for now. Ben Tollitt is now back in training and I'm retraining him so he is able to play up top. If he fails with that I'll probably look to move him on. Liam Ridehalgh and Ritchie Sutton have both gone out on loan for the rest of the season to get some game time.

In the cups we're doing well. We're into the third round of the FA Cup, AFC Wimbledon awaits us in that one. We're also into the FA Trophy 2nd round with Chelmsford due a visit to Prenton Park.

fixtures.png

stats.png

Matches Played
Goals Scored - 87
Goals Conceded - 29
Yellow Cards - 50
Red Cards - 2
Average Attendance - 5,657

Top Goalscorer - Jake Pickard - 26
Highest Average Rating - James Norwood - 8.01
Most Assists - Jake Pickard - 16
Best Pass Completion - Nick Hayes - 80%
Most POM's - Jake Pickard - 9
Most Yellow Cards - Tom Burridge - 9
Most Red Cards - Tom Burridge, Alexander McQueen, Chris Dawson - 1

league.png

injuries.png

Injury wise we haven't been too bad really. We got Ben Tollitt and James Wallace back from long-term injury and we've only had a couple of long-term ish ones. The season started with a bit of a blow, James Norwood breaking a toe in the win at Torquay and being ruled out for 6 weeks. Terry Gornell deputised well and Gornell himself got injured when Norwood returned.

awards.png

John Warrington Manager of the Month x3
Andy Cook Player of the Month x1
Jake Pickard Player of the Month x1
Jake Pickard Young Player of the Month x2
Alexander McQueen Goal of the Month x1

gkRPosa.png

January - May 2018

What a season! We've won the National League and will be playing League Two football next season! Not only that, we set the record for most goals and most points in National League history. An excellent way to start my career in management and hopefully we can do something similar next season. Halifax will join us in League Two after winning the playoffs.

Andy Cook, Jake Pickard and James Norwood stood out up top, as did Tom Burridge in the center of midfield. Connor O'Grady and Sam Brotherton, along with Will Packwood, built a really solid partnership for us at the back and I'm hoping to sign atleast one of them permanently. I think our season was summed up when the list of candidates for 'National League Player of the Season' came through. Just check this out!

We still have one more game to go in the season too with an FA Trophy Final at Wembley against National League North side Spennymoor. I'm very confident in our chances of winning that and making it a league and cup double.

fixtures.png

stats.png

Matches Played - 46
Goals Scored - 132
Goals Conceded - 44
Yellow Cards - 82
Red Cards - 3
Average Attendance - 5,726

Top Goalscorer - Andy Cook - 39
Highest Average Rating - James Norwood - 7.73
Most Assists - James Norwood and Jake Pickard - 25
Best Pass Completion - Nick Hayes - 84%
Most POM's - Jake Pickard - 12
Most Yellow Cards - Adam Buxton - 15
Most Red Cards - Alexander McQueen - 2

league.png

injuries.png

Things were a little mental on the injury front with us picking up quite a few in the second half of the season. There was one week at the end of February where we saw four first-teamers hit by injuries. Fortunately, the injuries didn't cost us as we have a large squad.

awards.png

John Warrington Manager of the Month x1

fa_trophy.png

Tranmere completed a league and cup double, beating Spennymoor by four goals to one at Wembley to win the FA Trophy.

[video=youtube;b-wc_q6erDM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-wc_q6erDM[/video]

Lineups.jpg

Tranmere: Hayes, Centeno, O'Grady, McGivern, Packwood, McQueen (Burridge 81), Grant (Hughes 65), Dawson, Cook, Norwood, Pickard (Gornell 65).
Subs Not Used: Davies, Wallace.

Booked: McQueen.

Spennymoor: Brooke, Walker, Tait, Laird, Amos, Ramshaw, Dixon, Collins (Makela 73), Hurst, Fewster, Mondal (Taylor 78).
Subs Not Used: Griffiths, Foley, Chandler.

Booked: Larid, Dixon.

Match_Stats_Bar_2.jpg

Referee: M Atkinson.
Stadium: Wembley.
Attendance: 28,578 (2,237 away)
Possession: Tranmere 53% - 47% Spennymoor
Shots: Tranmere 20 - 6 Spennymoor
On Target: Tranmere 8 - 4 Spennymoor
Fouls: Tranmere 10 - 21 Spennymoor

gkRPosa.png

National League Awards

Manager of the Year

Really disappointed to not win this but I can't complain about losing out to Jamie Fullarton. He did a superb job with Halifax, getting them promoted to League Two with us.

Player of the Year

Don't agree with this at all. Should have gone to Jake Pickard or James Norwood but nice to see an ex-Rover win the award. It's a shame Larnell didn't fit into my system.

Golden Boot

Another ex-Rover picking up an award, albeit on loan quite some time ago. Andy Cook [ushed him all the way but unfortunately, he was pipped to the post.

Club Awards

Fans' Player of the Season

Couldn't agree more. I'd have been amazed if James didn't win this award. To see Jake Pickard and Chris Dawson in the top three was also no surprise. All three of them have been fantastic but Nors has been sensational. Andy Cook will perhaps feel a little disappointed to not be in there.

Goal of the Season

No surprises here. It was a fantastic free-kick from Alexander and it won Goal of the Month in the league awards.

Signing of the Season

Totally agree. Jake has been superb for us since joining and has really proven himself to be a quality striker. He's worked well alongside Andy Cook and James Norwood and it'll be interesting to see how he does in League Two next season.

Young Player of the Season

Can't argue with this one. See above.

gkRPosa.png

The Stats

Most Appearances
1. Andy Cook - 57 (1)
2. Will Packwood - 55
3. Connor O'Grady - 54 (2)

Most Goals
1. Andy Cook - 41
2. Jake Pickard - 33
3. James Norwood - 27

Most Assists
1. James Norwood - 25
=. Jake Pickard - 25
3. Andy Cook - 13
=. Terry Gornell - 13

Highest Average Rating
1. James Norwood - 7.71
2. Jake Pickard - 7.69
3. Chris Dawson - 7.42

Most Tackles Won
1. Adam Buxton - 265
2. Chris Dawson - 176
3. Alexander McQueen - 157

Best Tackle Completion Ratio
1. Ryan McGivern - 84%
2. Connor O'Grady - 82%
=. Will Packwood - 82%

Most Interceptions
1. Will Packwood - 278
2. Ryan McGivern - 166
3. Connor O'Grady - 161

Distance Covered per 90 mins
1. Alexander McQueen - 14.2km
2. Adam Buxton - 13.9km
= Jonatas Centeno - 13.9km

Best Pass Completion Ratio
1. Nick Hayes - 84%
2. Conor Grant - 77%
3. Scott Davies - 77%

Most Chances created per 90 minutes
1. James Norwood - 1.37
2. Jake Pickard - 1.33
3. Terry Gornell 1.26

gkRPosa.png

Around the Leagues

Premier League

Champions -
680.png
Man United
Rest of top 4 -
630.png
Chelsea,
602.png
Arsenal,
676.png
Liverpool
Relegated -
734.png
West Brom,
650.png
Everton,
618.png
Brighton

Championship

Champions -
740.png
Wolves
Promoted -
671.png
Leeds,
645.png
Derby
Relegated -
606.png
Barnsley,
614.png
Bolton,
4001706.png
Burton

League One

Champions -
612.png
Blackburn
Promoted -
695.png
Oxford,
699.png
Portsmouth
Relegated -
646.png
Doncaster,
697.png
Plymouth,
620.png
Bristol Rovers,
703.png
Rochdale

League Two

Champions -
624.png
Cambridge
Promoted -
677.png
Luton,
639.png
Coventry,
743.png
Yeovil
Relegated -
640.png
Crawley,
687.png
Morecambe

National League

Champions -
729.png
Tranmere
Promoted -
90002300.png
Halifax
Relegated -
109212.png
Boreham Wood,
30010181.png
Solihull Moors,
29066004.png
Chester,
578.png
Guiseley

National League North

Champions -
5103842.png
Salford
Promoted -
744.png
York
Relegated -
4800008.png
Nuneaton,
5103697.png
Curzon Ashton,
5103616.png
North Ferriby

National League South

Champions -
608.png
Bath
Promoted -
5100217.png
Wealdstone
Relegated -
112031.png
Weston-super-Mare,
8325039.png
Truro,
8325206.png
Poole

FA Cup

Winners -
630.png
Chelsea
Runners-Up -
679.png
Man City

Carabao Cup

Winners -
728.png
Tottenham
Runners-Up -
680.png
Man United

Community Shield

Winners -
602.png
Arsenal
Runners-Up -
630.png
Chelsea

Checkatrade Trophy

Winners -
5110769.png
AFC Wimbledon
Runners-Up -
731.png
Walsall

FA Trophy

Winners -
729.png
Tranmere
Runners-Up -
30019954.png
Spennymoor

Champions League

Winners -
630.png
Chelsea
Runners-Up -
680.png
Man United

Europa League

Winners -
866.png
Marseille
Runners-Up -
602.png
Arsenal

gkRPosa.png

Transfers

Transfers Out

Released Players

I released a lot of players over the summer who didn't feature for us last season, primarily to reduce the wage bill. The two most high profile are probably club captain James Wallace, and Jeff Hughes. Wallace has since joined Blackpool whilst Jeff Hughes is still a free agent. As of writing this, the only other players to have actually found a new club are James Alabi, who has joined Barrow and Terry Gornell, who has joined Salford. I think this just goes to show that I made the right decision in releasing these guys.

Transfers Out

As well as releasing players, I sold a few too. It was with a heavy heart that I let Ben Tollitt go but the other three aren't really starting members of the first team so are replaceable. I hadn't planned on selling Ryan McGivern but when Cambridge came in I decided to sell as he's getting on a little bit.

Transfers In

With the massive amount of departures, we found that my squad was now looking quite thin. The first thing we did was to extend the loans of Connor O'Grady, Nick Hayes and Sam Brotherton. These three played an important role for us last season and we think that they will again this season. After signing those, we knew what targets we had in mind. Now the season is upon us, we're delighted with the business we managed to do.

To provide backup/challenge Nick Hayes, I brought in Joe Fryer. The 22-year-old played 33 games for Stevenage in this league last season whilst on loan from Middlesbrough.

In defence we brought in Joe Riley, TJ Eyoma, Connor Wood and Harry Lennon. Joe Riley and Connor Wood are to cover/replace Adam Buxton and Alexander McQueen in the wing back positions, Joe playing on the right and Connor on the left. I feel like squad depth will be key if we are to do well in League Two. Harry Lennon is good enough to play straight away at center back, whilst TJ Eyoma is more of a backup option.

Last season our midfield was pretty strong so I didn't really feel the need to improve it much. I renewed the contracts of Chris Dawson and Tom Burridge before bringing in Ollie Banks, Rob Vincent and George Marsh. George Marsh is more of a backup option but Vincent and Banks are more than capable of breaking into the first 11. It'll be interesting to see if they are able to.

Up top I made the controversial decision to release Terry Gornell. Terry had a good season last year but I don't think he's up to League Two standard. To replace him, I brought in Denny Johnstone who spent last season at St. Johnstone. I'm unsure as to whether he'll be able to break the partnership of our usual front three.

gkRPosa.png

Goalkeepers

Joe Fryer - Nick Hayes

Defenders

Fullbacks

Joe Riley - Adam Buxton - Alexander McQueen - Connor Wood

Centre Backs

Connor O'Grady - Sam Brotherton - Will Packwood - Harry Lennon - TJ Eyoma

Midfielders

Centre Midfielders

Chris Dawson - Tom Burridge - Ollie Banks - Rob Vincent - George Marsh

Strikers

Andy Cook - James Norwood - Denny Johnstone - Jake Pickard - Kayne Diedrick-Roberts

Reserves

Ritchie Sutton - Tim Telford

gkRPosa.png

August - December 2018

Things are going superbly at the moment. We sit top of the league and are doing well in the cup competitions. Our Carabao Cup journey was ended by Manchester United but not before we claimed a Premier League scalp in Stoke. In the FA Cup we've already beaten higher league opposition in Gillingham and face a 3rd round tie at home to Newcastle. We also beat League One Fleetwood in the Checkatrade Trophy. We've got Manchester United Under 23's next in that competition.

We've made a couple of signings to bolster the squad, one I'm really excited about, and we've also let two players go. Jimmy Dunne, Conor Grant, Conor Thomas and Alexander Eggert have joined us and Rob Vincent and TJ Eyoma are on their way out. Rob Vincent is joining Charlton for a fee of 58k and Eyoma is joining Sheffield United for a fee of 170k. A decent profit on both of those. All our signings have been free transfers, although Eggert doesn't actually join us until next November. Eggert really excites me as he's only 16 and has been tearing it up on our under 18's.

Despite all the positives, one negative is our recent form which has taken a dip. We've not won in three games, albeit all away from home, but it's still a little worrying. Hopefully, we can pick up from again in January and continue our march towards League One.

fixtures.png

stats.png

Matches Played - 25
Goals Scored - 71
Goals Conceded - 31
Yellow Cards - 40
Red Cards - 2
Average Attendance - 8,053

Top Goalscorer - Jake Pickard - 20
Highest Average Rating - Jake Pickard - 7.52
Most Assists - Andy Cook and Denny Johnstone - 12
Best Pass Completion - Ollie Banks - 78%
Most POM's - Denny Johnstone - 6
Most Yellow Cards - Chris Dawson - 8
Most Red Cards - Denny Johnstone and Connor Wood - 1

league.png

injuries.png

We haven't been too bad on the injury front really. No massively long-term injuries to speak of. The only injury of note that has definitely had an effect is losing Jake Pickard for 7 weeks with shin splints. We miss his goals and our recent poor form started when he got injured, which can't be a coincidence. Hopefully we can get him back sooner rather than later.

awards.png

John Warrington Manager of the Month x2
Denny Johnstone Player of the Month x1

gkRPosa.png

January 2019 - May 2019

We've done it! We're into League One at the first time of asking and as champions! A fantastic achievement after being tipped to finish mid-table at the start of the season. The board has also announced improvements to the youth facilities and a possible new stadium which is very exciting. I'll keep you informed of what happens with that.

We started January by signing Bradford's James Hanson on loan until the end of the season and it turned out to be a great signing with him chipping in with some crucial goals.

We lost out in the FA Cup 3rd round against Newcastle, they were simply too good for us, unfortunately. In the Checkatrade Trophy, we came up against two Under 23 teams who had some big players out which was very annoying. We managed to beat Man United but lost to Tottenham, who had Erik Lamela up top.

fixtures.png

stats.png

Matches Played - 46
Goals Scored - 123
Goals Conceded - 51
Yellow Cards - 65
Red Cards - 5
Average Attendance - 8,633

Top Goalscorer - Denny Johnstone - 32
Highest Average Rating - Jake Pickard - 7.55
Most Assists - Denny Johnstone - 19
Best Pass Completion - Ollie Banks - 79%
Most POM's - Denny Johnstone - 9
Most Yellow Cards - Chris Dawson and Alexander McQueen - 10
Most Red Cards - Connor Wood - 2

league.png

injuries.png

Losing Nick Hayes to a broken wrist was the only major injury really but Joe Fryer was easily able to cover him.

awards.png

John Warrington Manager of the Month x4
Denny Johnstone Player of the Month x1

gkRPosa.png

SkyBet League Two Awards

Manager of the Year

Really happy to win this after the disappointment of last season. Much deserved if I do say so myself after what was a really successful season for us.

Player of the Year

Jake totally deserves this, he's been superb this season. He was our best player by a mile in my opinion and I think he'll only get better in League One.

Golden Boot

No Tranmere players here, unfortunately, we share our goals around quite well. Jake Pickard would have been in with a shout had he not had his spell out with injury.

Team of the Year

Really proud to have six of our players in the Team of the Year! Can't really argue with any of the picks either to be honest.

Club Awards

Fans' Player of the Season

A very easy decision for the fans and one I totally agree with this one. Jake has been one of our standout performers and we really noticed his absence when he was injured.

Goal of the Season

Not a lot to choose from really.

Signing of the Season

A baffling decision this one. Joe hardly played, with Nick Hayes keeping him out of the side, and Joe Riley was superb! Joe Fryer didn't even make our team of the season.

Young Player of the Season

Can't argue with this one. See above.

gkRPosa.png

The Stats

*Must have played 10 or more to register on the leaderboard

Most Appearances
1. Connor O'Grady - 55 (1)
2. Denny Johnstone - 52 (4)
3. Chris Dawson - 52 (4)

Most Goals
1. Denny Johnstone - 32
2. Jake Pickard - 31
3. Andy Cook - 21

Most Assists
1. Denny Johnstone - 19
2. Jake Pickard - 16
3. James Norwood - 14

Highest Average Rating
1. Jake Pickard - 7.55
2. Joe Riley - 7.50
3. James Norwood - 7.34

Most Tackles Won
1. Alexander McQueen - 240
2. Chris Dawson - 203
3. Connor Wood - 177

Best Tackle Completion Ratio
1. Sam Brotherton - 85%
2. Connor O'Grady - 82%
3. Conor Thomas 81%

Most Interceptions
1. Will Packwood - 364
2. Harry Lennon - 232
3. Connor O'Grady - 167

Distance Covered per 90 mins
1. Alexander McQueen - 14.6km
2. Joe Riley - 14.2km
3. Connor Wood - 14.1km

Best Pass Completion Ratio
1. Ollie Banks - 79%
2. Nick Hayes - 78%
=. Conor Thomas - 78%

Most Chances created per 90 minutes
1. James Norwood - 1.52
2. Jake Pickard - 1.13
3. Andy Cook - 1.06

gkRPosa.png

Around the Leagues

Premier League

Champions -
680.png
Man United
Rest of top 4 -
602.png
Arsenal,
676.png
Liverpool,
679.png
Man City
Relegated -
664.png
Huddersfield,
713.png
Southampton,
645.png
Derby

Championship

Champions -
734.png
West Brom
Promoted -
650.png
Everton,
654.png
Fulham
Relegated -
708.png
Sheffield United,
699.png
Portsmouth,
722.png
Sunderland

League One

Champions -
710.png
Shrewsbury
Promoted -
616.png
Bradford,
639.png
Coventry
Relegated -
5110769.png
AFC Wimbledon,
623.png
Bury
613.png
Blackpool,
624.png
Cambridge

League Two

Champions -
729.png
Tranmere
Promoted -
636.png
Colchester,
681.png
Mansfield,
620.png
Bristol Rovers
Relegated -
581.png
Newport,
651.png
Exeter

National League

Champions -
655.png
Gateshead
Promoted -
687.png
Morecambe
Relegated -
5100153.png
Bromley,
608.png
Bath,
739.png
Woking,
5100217.png
Wealdstone

National League North

Champions -
5100019.png
Blyth
Promoted -
8611092.png
FC United
Relegated -
5100078.png
Tamworth,
4002013.png
Bradford PA,
5103820.png
Lowestoft

National League South

Champions -
4002011.png
Billericay
Promoted -
109212.png
Boreham Wood
Relegated -
712.png
Slough
5100225.png
Hemel Hempstead,
8325133.png
Concord

FA Cup

Winners -
680.png
Man United
Runners-Up -
728.png
Tottenham

Carabao Cup

Winners -
630.png
Chelsea
Runners-Up -
735.png
West Ham

Community Shield

Winners -
630.png
Chelsea
Runners-Up -
680.png
Man United

Checkatrade Trophy

Winners -
630.png
Chelsea Under 23's
Runners-Up -
728.png
Tottenham Under 23's

FA Trophy

Winners -
607.png
Barrow
Runners-Up -
674.png
Leyton Orient

Champions League

Winners -
602.png
Arsenal
Runners-Up -
1708.png
Barcelona

Europa League

Winners -
679.png
Man City
Runners-Up -
676.png
Liverpool

Super Cup

Winners -
866.png
Marseille
Runners-Up -
630.png
Chelsea

gkRPosa.png

Transfers

Transfers Out

Released Players

I released four players who didn't really feature during the last season, three of which haven't featured at all during my reign here at Rovers. Burridge was a difficult one to take as he actively wouldn't sign a new deal but I'm not really bothered about the other three.

Transfers Out

Conor Thomas and Conor Grant both leaving left us short in central midfield but there was no way I could say no to 155k for Conor Thomas, especially when there are good replacements in the free transfer market. I was happy to sell Adam Buxton as he didn't really feature last season and I'm hoping Diedrick-Roberts going out on loan will spark his development as he's disappointed so far.

Transfers In

We weren't as busy as last season in the transfer market but we still made some very important signings.

We brought in Ben Amos to replace the outgoing Nick Hayes in goal. Unfortunately, Ipswich wouldn't loan us Hayes for a third season as they wanted to play him in their own first team. Much deserved to be fair. Ben is a more than capable replacement though and I'd expect him to keep Joe Fryer out the side.

Connor Roberts has come in at right wing-back and should provide great competition with Joe Riley for that position.

In the center of defence, we renewed the loan of Connor O'Grady and bought Tom Aldred from Bury. Aldred played 32 games for Bury in League last season so has plenty of experience in this league. I'm hoping that will prove invaluable over the course of the season.

In central midfield, we brought in Hope Akpan following his release from Burton. Akpan is a solid holding player and is a great replacement for Conor Thomas. We're still looking a little thin in the midfield but I'm hoping George Marsh can make the step up this season.

Up front, we signed Kieffer Moore from Barnsley. It'll be interesting to see if he can fit in at the club and whether he can push for a first team place.

gkRPosa.png

Goalkeepers

Ben Amos - Joe Fryer

Defenders

Fullbacks

Joe Riley - Connor Roberts - Alexander McQueen - Connor Wood

Centre Backs

Connor O'Grady - Tom Aldred - Will Packwood - Harry Lennon - Jimmy Dunne

Midfielders

Centre Midfielders

Chris Dawson - Hope Akpan - Ollie Banks - George Marsh

Strikers