Jones link to Liverpool dismissed

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Sunderland deny newspaper reports that striker Kenwyne Jones is set to sign for Liverpool on loan.

More...

Am i the only person who thinks Kenwyne Jones is ****? The guy is totally over rated in my opinion.

Am i the only person who thinks Kenwyne Jones is ****? The guy is totally over rated in my opinion.

Im with you on that JP Woody. I hope Redknapp looses his interest in him as well.

his cross to pick out darren bent the other week was pretty sexy, but yeah other than that hes rubbish

Dude is massive and freakishly athletic. Wouldn't mind him at Arsenal neither.

an avearge of just under 1 goal every 3 games isnt good enough for a top four club imo. especially considering half of those goals came outside the top flight.

Jones isn't a goalscorer, that wouldn't be the reason we'd be after him. But personally from what I've seen of him, and that isn't much, he's not that great. Would much prefer Carlton Cole, but I don't think he's a strong enough character to sit on the bench for most games.

I know you need a striker but why Jones? He does OK for Sunderland but for Liverpool I am not sure?

I think Liverpool's best bet would be to go for Ruud Van Nistelrooy on loan.
Wages may be a problem though, but they need someone other than Torres who can put the ball in the net.

i think you might be on to something there JDY. but the problem lays with Ruud scoring so many goals for us.

Bent wouldn't have half the goals he has this year if it wasn't for Jones setting him up. very good option to partner Torres.

To be honest, Liverpool's squad isnt top 4 standard atm anyway, and then you can hardly say Jones wouldnt walk into that team when they haven't got torres playing, hes much better than that N'gog.

yer hes not a very good player but cant be worse then the crop of strikers you already have excluding torres of corse.

Are you serious?
I don't think you really understand. I don't think JDY is saying owen has been good just using him as an example of how players go on to play for rivals.<)

I hope that's what he was saying.

lets be honest owen cant be worse then voronin, ngog and co can he

Back