Jones link to Liverpool dismissed

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 2K
he still got conned, look at the wages hes on, not worth it for the unimportant goals hes scored, (aside from man city) the wolfsburg hat trick didnt really matter.

nani is **** lets face it. he needs to go, the juries still out on anderson, but nani? no. best player or not, he was still a flop and a mistake, i ****** myself when chelseas paid us money for him.

of course hes got a lot of decisions right. but hes made some horrendous clangers

so has everyone.

and owen is on a pay when play deal

he was fantastic for real too, got 13 goals in 20-odd starts, but the fans never warmed to him.

hes past it, fergie got conned into signing him, another mistake in the long line that alot of united fans like to forget. i cant tell you how many times ive heard the words 'ferige is never wrong'

djemba djemba
veron
kleberson
not signing ronaldinho when we had the chance
nani
taibi
liam miller
david bellion
Ronaldinho turned us down if i'm not wrong:S plus extremely harsh to call owen a mistake seeing as he was free has 7 goals and scored the winner against city. Not saying he has been remarkable but he has not been a mistake.<)

Considering the amount of time ferguson has managed at the club there are always going to be a few poor buys and i find it wierd the lack of love you have for our most succesfull manager ever.<)

he still got conned, look at the wages hes on, not worth it for the unimportant goals hes scored, (aside from man city) the wolfsburg hat trick didnt really matter.

nani is **** lets face it. he needs to go, the juries still out on anderson, but nani? no. best player or not, he was still a flop and a mistake, i ****** myself when chelseas paid us money for him.

of course hes got a lot of decisions right. but hes made some horrendous clangers

He hasn't done that badly seeing as he has been in the job for 26 years or so.

Well there hardly going to say ferguson is a dreadful manager seeing as he has won the league eleven times.......

Strange how when Ferguson makes transfer mistakes it is kindly overlooked however when it is Rafa he is hounded upon by the media...

Ronaldinho turned us down if i'm not wrong:S plus extremely harsh to call owen a mistake seeing as he was free has 7 goals and scored the winner against city. Not saying he has been remarkable but he has not been a mistake.<)

Considering the amount of time ferguson has managed at the club there are always going to be a few poor buys and i find it wierd the lack of love you have for our most succesfull manager ever.<)

Isn't it strange how Ferguson's transfer mistakes get kindly overlooked by everyone but when Rafa sings a ''flop'' it is because he is such a dreadful manager...

He hasn't done that badly seeing as he has been in the job for 26 years or so.

sorry i think i may have jumped the gun again. ive been spending too much time in the man utd and 606 forums. listening to and arguing with moronic united fans who have the gary neville mindset that fergie has never made a mistake.

we rejected psgs asking price of 17million. a few months later he signed for barca and the rest is well, history....

i know hes the most successful boss ever etc, but the fact is those trasnfers were awful, and as bigal says, everyone seems to forget them, whereas another manager like benitez gets crucified.

i wasnt convinced by owen from the start, in my view it was a move to appease the fans who wanted a 'big name' to replace ronaldo. imo we cant afford to sign anyoen as the glazers have ****** the finances compeltely (see 500million bond and sale of carrington/old trafford for details)
owen was bought in as he was a cheap alternative to spunking 50million on david villa/david silva.

but hey its just an opinion right? :P

Last edited:
Strange how when Ferguson makes transfer mistakes it is kindly overlooked however when it is Rafa he is hounded upon by the media...
Strange that you posted the same thing twice after nobody took notice the first time :P

anyway weve all gone massively off topic from kenwyne jones and will proably get infractions..... :(

Strange that you posted the same thing twice after nobody took notice the first time :P

No I didnt realise I posted it twice, my FM-Base is taking like 2 minutes to post 1 comment so I just refreshed in the middle of my first comment and started writing it again <)

he is playing better because he has had more game, and scored against awful opposition. here it comes he scored against utd. well tht was 92nd minute, and he couldnt reli miss, considering all of utds team where in liverpools box.

Owen is a better player. who has scored more importanta goals.

Owen has had as much of an opportunity as N'Gog to make an impact yet N'Gog is the one who is shining.

Important goals... Apart from the one against Man City what important goals has Owen scored this season?

When was the last time N'gog actually scored a memerable goal? urm.. nope, cant think of one sorry.

What about Owen gaining his team an extra 2 points when they played United? what about those 3 goals he scored against Wolfsburg?!

In a comparison of strikers stats, apart from goals scored, I wonder if N'gog is actually out performing Owen in any of them.

Stats don't mean everything. I don't even like Owen, but I think hiding behind stats to say that a **** striker is good is pointless.

What about N'gog gaining Liverpool 3 points against Debrechen which actually meant something, unlike the Wolfsburg game. N'gog also knocked Leeds out of the Carling Cup with his game.

Like I sad, statswise N'Gog is surpassing Owen in all areas. Owen is only averaging a shot on target in the premiership every 120 minutes, N'gog's is less than half that. N'Gog's goals per minute ratio compared to Owen's is also better, but I can't find that figure at the moment.

Yeah sure stats don't mean everything, but even if you judge players on performances it's also fairly obvious who has done better.

PS. N'Gog isn't even that good a player (at the moment)

To be fair to owen the wolfsburg game was relatively important as if we lost it we would have been second and might have got a harder draw.

Owen has had as much of an opportunity as N'Gog to make an impact yet N'Gog is the one who is shining.

Important goals... Apart from the one against Man City what important goals has Owen scored this season?

What about N'gog gaining Liverpool 3 points against Debrechen which actually meant something, unlike the Wolfsburg game. N'gog also knocked Leeds out of the Carling Cup with his game.

Like I sad, statswise N'Gog is surpassing Owen in all areas. Owen is only averaging a shot on target in the premiership every 120 minutes, N'gog's is less than half that. N'Gog's goals per minute ratio compared to Owen's is also better, but I can't find that figure at the moment.

Yeah sure stats don't mean everything, but even if you judge players on performances it's also fairly obvious who has done better.

PS. N'Gog isn't even that good a player (at the moment)

How does tht work,

David N'gog has played 25games, 18 as starter. and scored 6 goals.

Owen has played 25 games, 9 as starter. and scored 7 goals

so owens had less minutes on the pitch but scored more goals,

well, you know how stupid they made me look.

It does happen, BBC Sports change the stats all the time and they do get things wrong. The other week i was looking and it said Carragher has got 12 goals. Lol!

i wasnt convinced by owen from the start, in my view it was a move to appease the fans who wanted a 'big name' to replace ronaldo. imo we cant afford to sign anyoen as the glazers have ****** the finances compeltely (see 500million bond and sale of carrington/old trafford for details)
owen was bought in as he was a cheap alternative to spunking 50million on david villa/david silva.

I read it more as Ferguson convincing himself that he'd seen something which every other manager in the Premier League and across Europe had failed to see. Maybe he's right - the poacher may be a viable function for a player once again if teams start to move to pushing one of their defenders into midfield as a matter of course, but that time hasn't come yet - and so you're left with little Mickey who doesn't see the point of doing anything else for the team other than hang round the six yard box (now that his pace has dropped to just standard for a top flight striker).

Reminds me a bit of the Veron signing - theoretically you could see what Taggart was thinking. In reality, it was about four years too early for you lot to be playing that type of player without having the rest of the team set up to accommodate him.

Anyways, here's a story of shame...

Young winger is offered to Houllier. £4 million. The staff like what they see and so go for a second look but aren't convinced he's a team player. So they start haggling about the price with the owning team. While they're still haggling, Manchester United come in and pay £12 million up front, no questions asked as by then the lad has reached them and trained with them. That's a true transfer blunder.

Mind you, the Liverpool staff under Shanks let King Kenny go as a youngster too - although back then we could go out and break records to pick him up as a developed player

---

Can't see Jones coming to us to be perfectly honest. I can see where he'd fit in - Crouch was a figure of fun when he came too - but I can't see us matching the asking price for him. And honestly - if Bruce is seriously expecting a 40 million quid bid for him, he needs to start deflating his head a bit because the pressure inside is obviously harming brain function.

I'm surprised hearing the names Owen and N'Gog and then the word goals, how come Bobby isn't in on this, he's scored more than both of them ;)

If it were a loan,i wouldn't mind it Tbh. He'd only be like a crouch,then hopefull Chamakh in the summer,or someone better (hopefully).Would prefer C.Cole,but can't see him coming with our money.
In reply to an earlier post,N'gog memorable goal Hm-MAN UTD or against Leeds even.Twas a good goal.

Back