Judas - A Story of Betrayal and Redemption

October

After the relative success of September we were looking to push on and try and top the table by the end of October. It's an important month in the season and a good string of results would see us in a great position. Here's how the month of October went;

Oxford United vs Plymouth

View attachment 224629

Not the most classic performance but an effective one. The game didnt ever really get going and I was pleased to scrape this one 1-0. Another hard working performance from Constable, resulting in a goal helping us to this win. MOTM: James Constable.

Stevenage vs Oxford United

View attachment 224630

The JPT was a competition I was looking to take seriously, a genuine chance to win something. However we fell to a disappointing 1-0 defeat at Stevenage. A side I consider our equal. MOTM: PeterLeven

Southend United vs Oxford United

View attachment 224631

One of the most satisfying wins of the season, Southend are a strong side in this league so to pick up a comfortable win was great. Two of our most consistent performers scored in this game in Cameron Park and Alfie Potter. MOTM: Alfie Potter

Oxford United vs Aldershot

View attachment 224632

A draw isn’t the end of the world here, but I would have preferred a win of course. I was disappointed with the draw having led the game for long periods. Alfie Potter was bright once more and took his goal well. The Rodman equaliser however was a kick in the teeth coming so late.
MOTM: Alfie Potter

Crawley Town vs Oxford United

View attachment 224633

Another draw in this game. I was pleased with the result in this game however, Crawley are one of the strongest sides in the division and being away a draw was acceptable. Nice to see summer signing Pablo Counago get a goal, he has been disappointing so far so hopefully agoal will kick-start his season. MOTM: Pablo Counago

Oxford United vs Northampton

View attachment 224634

This habit of drawing games is becoming worrying, especially after leading in all three of the games. This draw was one of our worst results of the season. A poor side in Northampton were there for the taking after going two goals up. But we were weak and let the back into the game, ex-Swindon player Calvin Andrew grabbing a brace was desperately disappointing. MOTM: James Constable.

Oxford United vs Macclesfield

View attachment 224635

Awoeful performance and i've let the players know it. The form in this month has become worrying and needs to be addressed. Defeats at home to poor sides like Macclesfield is unacceptable and the team need to be better. A fantastic solo goal from James Constable was one positive. MOTM: James Constable.

Player of the month – James Constable

View attachment 224638

Player of the month was difficult to choose, as both James Constable and Alfie Potter turned in stand out performances in a poor month for us. Constable has been crowned player of the month however, due to consistency and several goals in the month.

League Standings

View attachment 224636

After a dreadful month for us, one where we could have taken advantage. We have dropped from second in the table to fourth. I'm still optimistic however, as we are only three points from the summit and with a good November could see ourselves in the top three once more. It's also nice to see my former club Swindon propping up at the top of the league.

View attachment 224660
Oxford's Jacobs linked with strugglers Scunthorpe

Oxford United manager Tybalt Jacobs has been linked with the vacant managerial position at Scunthorpe United. Scunthorpe have been desperately dissapointing in league one this season and find themselves in 16th place. Leading the board to take action and sack manager Alan Knill.

Oxford manager Jacobs is one of several names linked with the job along side the likes of Brian Laws, Keith Millen and Karl Robinson. It is unsure wether Jacobs would be willing to leave Oxford however having only been appointed in the summer. Oxford fans will be hoping to see their manager stay on at the Kassam as he has led their team to an impressive 4th place in his first few months in the job.

Jacobs was approached by an journalist asking wether he would be interested in the job. Here's what he had to say on the matter. "I cant comment, it's purely speculation and until any concrete approach is made then it's nothing to me. I cant consider and opportunity which may or may not be coming my way, so for now. I will categorically rule myself out of the running until and approach is made, then we'll see where we are."

View attachment 224666

Last edited:
View attachment 224674

Jacobs rejects 'The Iron'

After much speculation this week, Oxford manager Tybalt Jacobs has rejected a formal approach from Scunthorpe United. Having stayed quiet on speculation earlier in the week it was feared that Jacobs could be on his way out of the kassam stadium. This afternoon however, Jacobs has turned down the opportunity to manage 'the iron'.

League One strugglers Scunthorpe chose Jacobs over a host of big name candidates such as Brian Laws and Craig Burley. However, their preferred man Jacobs turned down their offer out of hand. Reaffirming Jacobs commitment to the current cause. "I have turned down the opportunity to manage Scunthorpe" said Jacobs. "I'm Oxford United manager and thats how it will remain. We're going okay in the league and I think we can still turn it up a notch. I want to get this club promoted and the board share my ambition. There is no reason for me to leave and that was the basis upon which I decided to reject the Scunthorpe job.

Oxford fans will generally be pleased to see Jacobs reject the job offer, considering the U's good start to the campaign. However, there is still a section of the Oxford support whom havent warmed to Jacobs. Jacobs also had a message for these fans at the press call this afternoon. "It's old news now to be honest, they should just get behind the team. The majority of the fans have been great, but some are lagging a little bit. They need to remember that I am but one man at the club, if they dont like me then fine. But they need to support the club and help us to reach our objective of getting into the league two playoffs."

Harsh words from Jacobs who's side face a tough november, looking to get back into the automatic promotion spots. One of which occupied by rivals Swindon Town.