Nffcgem91

Reaction score
I have always played as a manager on the games but can you play as something else like assistant or scout?

There would be very little to do in the game if you were anything other than a manager, wouldn't there?

There would be very little to do in the game if you were anything other than a manager, wouldn't there?

I think the option to be an assisstant manager could be interesting.

Thats why we manage contracts, fire personnel and decide where to do tours, right?
Some managers do that. Not all, which is why you can tailor your game for any style.

Some managers do that. Not all, which is why you can tailor your game for any style.

Would you point me to any evidence showing a manager took part in deciding how much should a player earn after a contract renewal?

Would you point me to any evidence showing a manager took part in deciding how much should a player earn after a contract renewal?
No, I really cba. Hopefully someone else can.

If you genuinely were curious, I apologise. It's just that I've wasted enough time on looking for answers and proving them for people.

Where did you get the idea I was being other than curious? I was trying to understand If that does happen in Football, as since it's such a well spread sport, I am not on top of everything that happens.
And I do believe Football Manager has a false duality betweeen things we were supposed to do and can't because SI does not want to permit it vs things we can already do and represent better the British sense of reality when it comes to football.

Where did you get the idea I was being other than curious? I was trying to understand If that does happen in Football, as since it's such a well spread sport, I am not on top of everything that happens.
And I do believe Football Manager has a false duality betweeen things we were supposed to do and can't because SI does not want to permit it vs things we can already do and represent better the British sense of reality when it comes to football.
People on the interwebs are often just dicks. ;)

But fair enough then, I do apologise. If we're going to be ultra realistic, no manager starting out should be handling contract talks etc. Some don't ever get to do it at all, with DoFs and others getting involved in club matters, such as transfers.

Tbf, if that did happen and also DoFs would have as much or more say that you in transfers, there wouldn't be much of a game as it stands. So it really is up to you to decide how realistic you want it.

Exactly, I think we are both coming to terms with one thing: it the sense of what a manager actually does, it's up to what SI wants to make available. I do reckon that's why we have so many ways we can delegate tasks.
At the same time, it probably would be a bit more realistic if what we are allowed to do would go hand in hand with the club we are managing / the reputation we have / the confidence the boards has in us.

Exactly, I think we are both coming to terms with one thing: it the sense of what a manager actually does, it's up to what SI wants to make available. I do reckon that's why we have so many ways we can delegate tasks.
At the same time, it probably would be a bit more realistic if what we are allowed to do would go hand in hand with the club we are managing / the reputation we have / the confidence the boards has in us.
Of course, but imagine how many ****** off users you'll have if every club denies you the ability to have a say in transfers and contracts, until you're established enough to have the option. I'm all for extra realism, but we also need to keep in mind that this is a game and that it, specifically, is a huge step to take.

Of course, but imagine how many ****** off users you'll have if every club denies you the ability to have a say in transfers and contracts, until you're established enough to have the option. I'm all for extra realism, but we also need to keep in mind that this is a game and that it, specifically, is a huge step to take.

Got it. So if not everything can exist for the sake of realism and if SI does create the option for we to avoid certain usual conditions, are we to say that everything that goes in the game - and consequently, is out - is exclusively due to it being Football Manager?

Got it. So if not everything can exist for the sake of realism and if SI does create the option for we to avoid certain usual conditions, are we to say that everything that goes in the game - and consequently, is out - is exclusively due to it being Football Manager?
The point of the game is to be the manager of a club in a footballing universe. Everything around the game will naturally focus around that?

The point of the game is to be the manager of a club in a footballing universe. Everything around the game will naturally focus around that?

So would you agree that, based on that premise, we should be - for instance - allowed to set ticket prices?