Just got a Virus

• Thread starter Thread starter donkarlito
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 60
  • Views Views 3K

donkarlito

Reaction score
Just got a virus proper noob mistake as well so I did system restore and Im wondering is that good enough fix cant remember last time I had a virus like this and what I did like to know please.

Have you run a scan on you anti-virus if you have one?

Mate what type of virus do you have.
I've been a right n00b recently and got about 5 viruses in the past month or so.
I used Malware Bytes Antivirus free to remove it. I'd suggest download an antivirus like Norton or McAfee, which I use on my desktop, for real-time protection and what not, although a free alternative is Microsoft Security Essentials which is good. I use it on my netbook, it does a good job.

set it as High Priority, usually finishes within half hour, depends how many files you have and how fast your PC is.

Microsoft Security Essentials that came up said unknown trojan32. Then it mention this file rstrui.exe

set it as High Priority, usually finishes within half hour, depends how many files you have and how fast your PC is.

just but Priority to high been scanning the same file now for 5mins.. Never mind something just kicked it up the backside.

Its a HP pavilion laptop

i use norton every year as its the best IMO never had a virus on my laptop

I use Webroot, can get it for about £20. Just at the store said it's better than Norton and McAfee, etc. They all used it and had never had a virus. I'm the same, and it can do periodical checks for any cookies, viruses, spyware, etc. Really god, recommend it. :)

Microsoft Security Essentials that came up said unknown trojan32. Then it mention this file rstrui.exe

Try downloading Malware Bytes antimalware and run a scan, then delete the trojan. Usually works for me.

ohh i got that twice i went coumpter shop got it fixed then i put something called bullguard it not free

AVG, avira or avast! are the best AV programs that are free. Mcafee is very poor, norton is pretty bad and Bulldog is just plain awful

AVG, avira or avast! are the best AV programs that are free. Mcafee is very poor, norton is pretty bad and Bulldog is just plain awful
norton and mcafee suck ***, and they rape your system resources

rstrui.exe is a system restore tool. you dont want to delete that

Did that once before well actually it was the whole system 32 I was young and just bought command and conquer but didnt fit on Pc so I found the biggest folder and clicked delete. Learnt from that mistake

Back