Just got a Virus

• Thread starter Thread starter donkarlito
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 60
  • Views Views 3K
That's what you get when you go on dodgy **** sites ;)

could you screenshot the message you're getting and post it on here?

It came up under system maintenance it scanned and said "Disk Volume Errors" and that was no option to fix just explore additional options and close troubleshooter

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

That's what you get when you go on dodgy **** sites ;)

mine are 100% safe 8-|

It came up under system maintenance it scanned and said "Disk Volume Errors" and that was no option to fix just explore additional options and close troubleshooter

your drive could be broken :/ You could try reinstalling OS and see if the problem persists

Were they installed before the date you restored to?

that's very odd, sounds like your drive may be really screwed up. Is it a PC u got or a laptop?

laptop, everything seems fine Im on it now just a few weird things like theres an after effect or something

Its not a virus its an internal issue which the virus may have F***** up whilst it was on your PC so system restore wouldnt be able to do anything. Search it on google.

I would suggest reinstalling your OS and seeing if that fixes the issue

I have a problem with my laptop that appears to have come from a virus, and I'm hoping one of the many computer whizzes on this site can help. I am unable to open any .exe files in the standard way (ie double clicking on icons), yet I can open them by right clicking and selecting 'start'. I have performed a complete scan using Avira and using spyhunter 4 and neither have found anything. I was earlier directed to this page: File association fixes for Windows Vista and have done a free Uniblue registry scan and it says I have 400 problems with it, but I have to pay $30 to get them fixed.

Has anyone ever used Uniblue RegistryBooster or does anyone have another solution?

I have a problem with my laptop that appears to have come from a virus, and I'm hoping one of the many computer whizzes on this site can help. I am unable to open any .exe files in the standard way (ie double clicking on icons), yet I can open them by right clicking and selecting 'start'. I have performed a complete scan using Avira and using spyhunter 4 and neither have found anything. I was earlier directed to this page: File association fixes for Windows Vista and have done a free Uniblue registry scan and it says I have 400 problems with it, but I have to pay $30 to get them fixed.

Has anyone ever used Uniblue RegistryBooster or does anyone have another solution?

trend micro housecall

then download,install and run Firewall & Antivirus Software Suite - Internet Security | Comodo (dnt need to install the geekbuddy thing)

then download system mechanic 10, run deep analysis

Just got a virus proper noob mistake as well so I did system restore and Im wondering is that good enough fix cant remember last time I had a virus like this and what I did like to know please.

God is omniscient and it's God's will;p

Get Spybot too.

Finally fixed my problem, having been scanning, downloading and what-not virtually all day. I eventually stumbled across a forum that explained what my problem could be, and solutions to fix it. It turns out that some of the registry paths were deleted because I have recently added another antivirus program to my computer, and sometimes they are unable to run side by side. The solution that I used was the 'doug knox fix' and it was so simple to do. Took me 30 seconds to fix a problem that I've spent the best part of 6 hours trying to solve!

Cheers for the help though Mike, and if anyone ever has a problem opening .exe files then take a look at the following help page :)
I can't open EXE files - Tech Support Forum

Avast is probably the best free anti-virus software you can get.

if its system tool , open system task manager and and go to the processes tab , delete the fake ones

Back