Here's a fact. Baines doesn't want to go to a London club. As he has stated in the press in real life. Being an Everton fan I know this so I wouldn't bother trying to get him-I was Arsenal once and he refused point blank to move.

And anyway-you'll have to pay over the odds these days. Welcome to management

Last edited:
Please keep in mind that the title (Amateur, Reserve, Rotation etc.) beside the user name is merely an indication of the number of posts a user has made. As I rarely post, having just joined the forum a month ago, forgive me if I have an Amateur title beside my user name. It does not mean that I am a total newbie in terms of playing the game.

I was just pointing out how the game works in terms of board and fans satisfaction. Perhaps I went slightly overboard here. It's just the way the game is programmed, it will find slightest error in team performances and says that the fans are unhappy. So I suggest just ignoring it.

Hart, bridge, clichy, lescott, barry, milner and johnson are only classed as trained in nation, not trained at club, according to the CL criteria.

Of all the players you mentioned, only Richards has the status trained at club (15-21).

I have done some experiments with the issue of players having trained at club (0-21) instead of trained at club (15-21), as the former status is useless for fulfilling the criteria needed for CL squad registration. Most Argentinian/Brazilian players will only achieve the former status because they are not allowed to sign for a club abroad before they are 18. I do have one argentinian who managed to get the 15-21 status because his 21st birthday was after his due date.

Some players prefer to stay in their club, because of loyalty. There are hidden values for each player in the game, one of which is loyalty, which dictates the player's tendency to move clubs. Winning competitions does make players want to sign for your club, but not all players are inclined to think that way.

Kyle Walker was 21 when you started the game. Trained properly, he has the potential to be one of the best, if not the best right backs in the PL. He's already stamping his mark in the real world this season. Some club offering £22.5m for him is not surprising, because at 26 he is at his prime and the price is probably justified due to the lack of quality full backs in the premier league. Only one of the top clubs or oil rich clubs in the world (RM, MU, Barca, MC, PSG etc.) can offer that kind of money for a right back.

Apologies for the Jagielka remark, I forgot that you're 5 seasons in and he's in his 30s now. Everton is trying to rip you off then. You're better off buying someone else younger and better with that £20m.

If you want realism, FM2012 is as close as you can get to the real game, without actually playing the real game. It is not realistic and will never be, at least not in the near future until AI programming improves dramatically.

Baines hasn't turned me dowm, so it's not loyalty, it's me not paying an extortionate fee to start negotiations in the first place.

Agreed, Kyle Walker's pretty good, but I had Everton, Zenit & Liverpool come in for him at £22.5m as I transfer listed him for £30m. He's also 3rd choice right back behind a quality regen and Vrisjalko. As it is, I sold Vrisjalko for £24m and kept Walker for registration reasons, though Vrisjalko is a tiny bit better he won't hurt me in Russia!

I'm not complaining. It's my own fault I could only register 21 players, but I wanted to share how I got in that position.

FM is very much like real life and that's unfortunate for premier league clubs. English players aren't as good as we make out, there's immense rivalry and competition between clubs, so players aren't sold between clubs all that often unless offered extortionate fees. Wages are ridiculous when compared to better players abroad.

The future will see small teams become breeding ground for young English players due to lack of transfer funds and lower league expectations. These teams will stay small because big clubs will buy good prospects and the English players left behind will not be good enoguh for them to progress.
Top clubs will pay more for an English player to meet their quota, but could have got a better and cheaper foreign player. Young foreign players will continue to be stolen form other foreign clubs and we'll ruin them due to lack of development caused by the pressures of short term success.