The JPT and some superior Pompey finishing...

View attachment 210035

It's not huge information because the board really don't care about this competition. This will be solely for experimenting with youngsters who I may see breaking into the first team next season and being absolute superstars of the future!

View attachment 210034

And that is how you do it! Shouldn't be leaving it so late but when it comes off, it is magical, I leaped out of my seat when that 89th minute goal went in, very special. As much as we are winning these games, I still think we should be dominating a bit more and to scrape a victory like that isn't particularly great, hopefully we will find our feet very soon!

Starting XI: Murphy, Miller, Songo'o, Webster, Stevens, Doyle, Close, Roberts, McGurk, K.Bennett, M.Bennett

Best Pompey player: Enda Stevens (7.7)
It's very tough to pick between Stevens and Miller nowadays, they both did a job down their respected flanks, but Enda nicks it for me on this occasion. Both got their assist, both were pumping crosses into the box, but Stevens got in some crucial interceptions and put in a few more crosses. A close 2nd from Miller, very pleasing to see both playing so well!

In a bit.

So very embarassing...

View attachment 209474

And a disappointing collapse it was. We should have been in complete control of this match, Barnet don't have the squad to beat us, but they have John Akinde. Not blessed with technical ability, but his strength seemed to be too much for our defence, we just crumbled like a really bad wall..a bad paper wall! We dominated, didn't take our chances and ultimately paid the price.

Starting XI: Murphy, Miller, Songo'o, Webster, Stevens, Doyle, Goss, Roberts, Bytyqi, K.Bennett, M.Bennett

Best Pompey player: Sinan Bytyqi (7.9)
He gets it again, he was absolutely brilliant and fully deserved his goal! On the day, he was an absolute pass-master with 97% passing accuracy, coupling that with 6 key passes, its a wonder how we lost this game. We had the chances and this boy was creating them, you did what you could son!

In a bit.