Katsumi Touko The Smith of Pretty Victories.

You're on fire! Second place is up for grabs, that would be a great achievement!

Yeah, I'm quite pleased with that form. It's taken off the annoyance of so many draws at the start of it. There's the sting that if those matches in which my team got ahead had not missed the win, now I could be looking for a chance at direct promotion. But that's not justified: seeing the attributes of rival players when I do OI, this Anyang doesn't seem like a favourite for play offs. Sure, I'd probably say it's the better half, but to be around where it was past season: fighting for the last promotion place. Jeju and Ansan Police squads are clearly better. Seoul E-Land and Goyang Hi are definitely not weaker, though I wouldn't say they're much stronger either. I'd say Anyang squad natural expactation would be fifth, hoping for one or two spots higher if getting good results against the other two.

September 2017

At the press conference before the Jeju match, their manager spoke about me overachieving and how I am that high with so little spending. There are several others who got more profit from transfer balance; but excluding all loanees Ansan Police, we've got the lowest wages.
BcoJEyb.jpg

Jeju is expected to start with a narrow 4-2-3-1, after how well the diamond did, I'm strongly tempted to start with it. We start strong the first few minutes, but they then begin to take control of the match. Do I keep the bet in hopes the attack will pay off or begin to try be more solid in defence? I need to decide soon. 22th minute... that should be a penalty! More near chances keep me from taking the decision to change things, but I can't help the feeling I should. That's it. We go counter instead of control. This isn't fair. We were battering them good, on the verge of scoring several times, but it's them who get a lucky bounce off Moses into goal. AAAAGGG, and in the last minute they get lucky again when Guk decides to act like a monkey and let it bounce of his feet after half hour waiting the cross shoot whatever into his hands.
2r7d09q.png

Good thing next is the visit to last placed Daegu. It should end the bad run early. Nope, after twenty minutes dominating them, Tae-Su gets asleep marking their striker and they go ahead. My kingdom for a striker who knows how to shoot. When we get a penalty almost an hour into the match, Huyp sends it weakly to the keeper's hands. Resume of the rest: I'm in the six yard box and the keeper two inches in front of the ball, time to shoot.
caAe4tX.jpg

Ansan Police has sacked their manager. What? Their latter run isn't very good, but they're second and I can't see a reason for that. Did he express interest in some bigger club? No, they just don't like they're not winning the league.

Dong-Hyuk, midfielder who wanted more first team and was getting it, gets a two week injury.

JYBBufJ.jpg

Just before the match against Goyang Hi, at their very long and narrow stadium I am to use the diamond. But before that, it's a new intake of youth players, so I must take a look at them.

gatyxl4.jpg

c4DCXkX.jpg

opwwSgz.jpg

sfj2W3o.jpg

Ma5WeG4.jpg

ksvwHVg.jpg

I don't think any of them has a big chance of getting into the first team, though I wouldn't surprise to see the first two around, but they may turn out well so I've signed them.

If I had not listened to the assistant with one of his centreback choices perhaps we'd not have gone down by they taking the rebound from a tackle. Then in second part they score from 25 yards from an angle because their winger wasn't closed down. It seems 25 yards with keeper in goal is a reason to shoow, 20 with no keeper is not. A very poor match in which we barely did anything, though towards the end, with a 3-4-3, we made some good chances, but not good enough.
pPr3YzW.jpg

We're miraculously in play offs. Maybe this is what happened to my predecessor: decent middle of season, then the team deflates. I check and their form never got as good as we have had just a while ago, but it is clear that they dropped in the last round. Also, why is the competition confidence low? We're fifth and were expected seventh, they said just not to be ran over. They have no reason to be unhappy about our league position, though this last run isn't to be happy.

Two weeks till next match, two reserve friendlies to keep fitness levels.

Gwangwon comes like their previous visit: complaining about the pitch. Back to the old wdie 4-3-3. We go ahead this time. We've had more good chances than the stats suggest: twice the goal was forfeited before the shot through bad first touch. With a quarter to the end Kyung-Min gets the second from Byung-Joon in a counter. I make subs for fitness reasons to end the match without bad news, except risking to bring a tired Woo-In so he's with better fintess next match.
2PDdw0L.jpg

Days before the important match against Ansan Police, the board injects more cash, €140K into the club, which falls some €35K short of giving us positive balance.
eE7UwZ6.jpg

Kwon Soon-Hak picks a two week long injury that I will ask to keep playing through with protective equipment, as Hyup has been so poor lately.

IBvV4b9.jpg

Ansan Police goes ahead because Gi-Tae thinks again he has to put his rival between him and the goal. A change to a 4-2-3-1 sees us level after a minute in the second half. And two minutes later we're ahead! At the start of the 72nd minute, Byung-Joon completes a counter with a good pass for Kuyng-Min to bypass the keeper. Two ahead. Sometimes, this team looks so good, Seul-Ki makes a successful cross with a backheel! It ends in nothing, though. Very important result to close on Ansan and keep at the fight for promotion places.
kQImufe.jpg

It is nice to be at a club where the players appreciate my work. It will be hard when the time comes to move on.

aNkwORP.jpg

0Z9BLRp.jpg

MoZ2FkJ.jpg

HyrYBCO.jpg

ZJCHEbI.jpg

mokDIsJ.jpg

[/color]
pHwt1bF.jpg

U0rvS9f.jpg

She finally has begun to learn Korean.
There was weird behavior when I tried to open the overview of the Gangwu match for the screenshot. I hope it's not a sign of the game going corrupt. I saved in a different file to make sure, something I regularly do evert 3 months.
Soon-Hak i played through injury instead of left to the physio mainly to see how his condition and fitness change if I pick that more than actually thinking on a need to use it or have it available.

October 2017

Another important match begins the new month, it's a run of very important matches against candidates to play offs, this one against Bucheon who are two points behind us. The first quarter of hour is being complete domination of our 4-5-1 V over their flat 4-3-3. It goes like that for all the match, but nobody seems able to hit a barn.
6CwVxzr.jpg

The worse of that match was Chan-Gil was hacked to a 3 months injury. It happened off the ball and the refs said nothing. And this means we are forced to use Jae-Eun and get an unworthy U19 player on the bench.
IyefDDd.jpg

We get some momey from a clause in Jin-Soo transfer to E-Land.
d5RRszK.jpg

More cash is injected into the club. €95K this time. Enough to get a positive €20K balance.
M06HahS.jpg

Time to ask for a new coaching course. Wait, what?
YvV13bi.jpg

What a jerk! I mean... what a [BEEP] joke! I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I'M HEARING!

I want my fist. In his face. Or a door.

I was planning to stay one more season regardless of results!
wMulxUh.jpg

Okay. So, two choices: I swallow my pride and go with my idea of staying and I promise to sign a new contract or I don't and tell him that course or nothing. I do feel like winning next year is possible. The squad has been good to work with, unlike Vasco's. But this president. Ugh. If he said this from the start: we don't want to lose you, please sign a new contract before, it'd be understandable. But this screw you business is unacceptable. But making a scene is unsightly. It would bring shame to my father.
4Zbb3dT.jpg

Ugh, I got it. I feel dirty. But making a scene would have been dishonourable and that'd been dirtier. I hate this place.
h5oAgYv.jpg

nzN35IE.jpg

So I accept their proposed vision and sign the new contract after asking for an extra 5% wage rise after promotion.
MkWJGZP.jpg

The chairman is delighted to keep me. I'm not so much. Though that's what I tell the press. I fear not very convincingly.

Next another very important match against Seoul E-Land. GODDAMMIT! Chan Gil is injured and Jae-Eun out for international match. I either play and injured player of have to field a craptastic one. And U19 players are unavailable because they played already. Only the three worst U19 players that were moved to the reserve team can be chosen. Well, I can only do one thing: start injured Chan-Gil, with a useless player in the bench and sub Gil immediately after kickoff. The match starts bad, with a cross from Gil's side, their fullback who popped up, I sub him. No changes ofher than his replacement playing more defensively. After twenty miinutes we go level. It all goes to **** when in second half, Moses gets to cut a cross but then he just fumbles around not intercepting it. The chances squandered... They're not that clear missing them means they're inutiles, there's shortcomings in my tactics to make the situations, but still they should take many more than they are and this match shouldn't have been a defeat.
KkUXe39.jpg

At least we're still within touch of play offs. A more realistic position than we where a few weeks ago.

Chungju Hummel come next. Our play, following staff advice prior to the match, isn't convincing. After some touches we go ahead, though. We end with the win, but only 1-0 and no dominance whatsoever. Disappointing match that makes it look like our bid for promotion is over.
mqsCAom.jpg

Jeju ensures the title with four games for them to play yet. We have four matches to play and are six points behind second place Ansan Police. And two behind fourth placed Suwon.

We visit Gwangju with need again to win. The match goes as disappointingly as the previous, with nothing really done in the first half. The second begins with a lucky rebound from a crossbar hit after a long shot, netted by Hyup, who's back after Seung-Min got suspended through yellow card. It all goes away with a freekick they head too easily. Short after we're denied an excellent chance with a very dubious offside call.
ejsBKlc.jpg

It's three more matches to the end of the season. If we get to the play offs, it will have to be two matches, twice we'll have to beat a stronger team. It is obvious I should not keep more or less confident in past scoring and have a real good look upon our offensive working. So few off target shots can't be just the players, they're not that bad. They're not bad. I am the one failing.

mWySYQQ.jpg

o5uZEur.jpg

Passing has been improving; but it may not be as much a good ting of achieving better control of the ball as a bad one of being too cautious and that'd be the reason for our lack of attacking success.

0TES1mf.jpg

We have the goalkeeper with the most clean sheets.

NLZ7gEF.jpg

QPokaOC.jpg

NYzqGjC.jpg

LLqPnDc.jpg

Last edited:
What a manipulative president!! :O

He's the favourite for the role of Walter Burns, Hildy Johnson's boss, if they do a remake of "The front page".

A nice touch, good to see presidents like that in the game.

November 2017

Hyup was not playing after his later poor performances and he came asking about it, so he's being offered to other clubs and transfer listed. Jeju takes it. But he rejects them.

Against Suwon we need a win. They're the team ahead of us at two points difference and our next match is against leaders Jeju. We can't afford not to win. So I go back to the flat 4-4-2, exchanging one midfielder for more men forward. It pays with an early goal by Kyung-Min. I drop Hyo-Ki to advanced midfield after that. Half an hour later, Kyung-Min finishes a counter to double the advantage. Just to make it three aminute later. Since the change after the first goal we've gone on top on possession. Two minutes later, they score and own goal trying to prevent a cross for Byung-Joon. The second half has no story. Weak attempts by then to get some goals and we just see the match out. With one bad thing: Seul-Ki got injured.
vcqKy44.jpg

Seul-Ki will be out for a week, so he'll miss the match against Jeju.
ULB9AJA.jpg

Also, both starting fullbacks picked yellow cards and are suspended for the Jeju match too.

We visit Jeju next, a team Anyang has never beaten. Six defeats and one draw is the balance of the latest encounters. If we draw we go level with Seoul E-Land, but it will be not enough, so we'd be depending on them not winning their last match against Chungju or Suwon losing theirs against Ansan. We'll need to win against last placed Daegu. That is the same situation if we lose against Jeju. Therefore, this match is win or nothing. Therefore I will be taking risks and field the 4-4-2 against their 4-2-3-1.

We dominate the first ten minutes of the match, but offsides and last moment interceptions keept the game level. That is until 15th minute! Jae-Eun shows incredible patience for his age (I was about to yell him why didn't he shoot) and made the pass to Kyung-Min just when he had taken his defender away. And Jung-Sik gets the second shortly after from a good piece of team play! They get one back through leaving their fullback alone so that's one change. Next I drop Jae-Eun to advanced midfield to use that pocket of space. The first half ends with a wonder save by Guk.

The second half is a battering, nothing works and they eventually get the second goal to level the match from a bad clearance by Gi-Tae. Back to 4-4-2. AND IT WORKS! We go ahead with 15 minutes to the end. Still, things will be incredibly tough. FOUR MINUTES LATER WE GET THE FOURTH!! At 88th minute I order to be defensive and waste time, going to a 4-1-4-1 to end the match.
ezwer4b.jpg

The situation now is: We're too far (5pts) from Ansan to be second and get to win only one play off match. It's up to us what happens, we depend of no other results. If we beat Daegu we're third whatever happens elsewhere and we'll play either Suwon or Seoul E-Land at home, I guess. If we draw we need either for Suwon not to beat Ansan Police or Seoul E-Land not to beat Chungju for more than one goal. If we lose, neither of them can win.

Kim Bong-Kil, Jeju's manager can't stomach his defeat. I think he rankes as a bigger jerk than my chairman.
PDWaFfN.jpg

ycAjpCN.jpg

OYtEJOK.jpg

Suwon begins scoring as soon as they match begins. Soon it becomes irrelevant as Jung-Hyup scores a header. Very intelligent defence by Chan-Gil of a counter: instad of pushing his man to the sideline when at the other wing are men alone, he closes the side line offering the middle, as consequence he passes to the man alone horizontally and that long pass gives the rest of the defence the time they needed to recover. Gangwon gets ahead of Jeju. Suwon scores a second time. And a third. We've been twice stopped from scoring more goals by great saves. E-Land scores twice before the end of the first half. Only a win sends us to Play offs. They do. Well marked, well defended, but a good turn and he's out of block. But we go ahead three minutes later! I go 4-1-4-1 to try control midfield and bring in Byung-Joon for Jung-Sik to avoid Sik picking a second yellow. We win the match!
V8Ag4ns.jpg

kCv1qOV.jpg

xY56rre.jpg

Just two points off second place. That match we couldn't get the win against Gangwon FC comes to mind.

EhKSmLw.jpg

Getting so many goals in these matches makes me fear we'll get into a dry spell just for the play offs. The first rival, in only three days, a worrying thing seeing how tired De Seul and **** Yun finished this last match, will be Suwon and it should be at home. I'm not sure I prefered E-Land. We beat Suwon 4-0 at home recently, but they'll come wanting revenge and fired up.

Play offs 2017

Semifinal three days after the last league match and the final will be four days later. There's the big advantage of finishing second.

So, what is the best match to make the first penalty of the season? Yeah, this. Though I'm not too sure it wasn't a dive. When we were controling the match. When I'm thinking on a tactical change, the player I wanted to move so I'd have to make one sub gets injured, so now that change needs two subs. Nevermind, I can make it with one sub. I go 4-3-3 flat.
When Kyung-Min is about to score (well, not that close), a defender makes the wonder ghost overtake through him to clear the ball. Yay "we've added an anticollision system to avoid players running through others". If it's the best game to make the first penalty, it's the best game to make the second penalty. Time to go 4-2-3-1 with 20 minutes to go seeing the 4-3-3 does nothing but leave flanks too vulnerable. And what is with Woo-In?! He's spent all the match defending like he thought he's the left winger! Guide to football: if your target is far, hit it weak, if it's close, hit it hard. In doubt it's offside. If no doubts, it is too. Strikers miss because they don't aim at the keeper. Why is all the set piece instructions being ignored? Correction: if the striker is isolated and can't do anything it's onside. Last chance, Kyong-Min perfectly in line with most defenders except the one far away who's a bit deeper. Offside. What a surprise.
bcOYdhu.jpg

This was a robbery. I'm told in TV it was seen no penalties were commited.

Sin-Yeong's injury is just a couple weeks, but who cares? Luke cares! And I. I just mean it wasn't serious.
pD9QOIK.jpg

Initial budgets are set. No transfers can be done. Barely €1400 more than we're spending in wages and €3.891 for transfers.
lbmbwet.jpg

qWfzG7w.jpg

YDFHPZt.jpg

SqTIGXE.jpg

Lots of great late performances, not worth if it didn't happen in the last match.

Suwon beat Ansan Police 3-5.

I've offered new contracts on the low to some of the players at the end of theirs. Disappointed to find Young-Jun was transfer listed and now he doesn't want to talk. He asked to after a spell not playing.
mwIwDpt.jpg

I only renew Soo-Hyung's contract among the staff because the other two ask for too big increases.

Bonus payment has been given to the squad, though no prize money is earned.
IWXpusM.jpg

The third position is a club record. As well as the average attendance.
tvqelC2.jpg

CLEDUeK.jpg

I'm not even among the top three managers of the year? With all the overchieving I got? Ridiculous.
BCKW5bk.jpg

Other awards and such:

YqSwNsM.jpg

nw17Lmm.jpg

Eight weeks of preseason will be scheduled just like past season.
7Gcsupo.jpg

Looking at available jobs. Not that I want to move. I spot a tempting opportunity: Livorno in Italian Serie B. Three positions above relegation places before the middle of the season.

fUFyamd.jpg

A third place to be in her profile among achievements.

Winter breack. December - 2017

I said that Suwon beat Ansan Police 3-5, but I forgot they lost the two legged round against Gyeongnam FC so they didn't go up. I also didn't notice at the time that Kyung-Min was not only the fourth scorer of the leage, but the player with the best goals/shots on target ratio, above by the numbers of league's stats. I think it was 18/<30

Between having the play offs with tiredness and the letargy of disappointment, we can't make a friendly league before the holidays. As it means more difficulty to bring players and be competitive next season increases the temptation to apply for Livorno. However: this season we had too big a squad as proved by how often players came to me unhappy with their little playing time and I had thought on staying one more season regardless of result before the chairman pulled his blackmailing antics. It will be my last. Only promotion through winning the league has a chance to make me reconsider.

Now what I must do is to have a look at what will my squad be like after all players set to leave abandon the club, see who I need and then take a look at players who end contract this year. The answer is we only really need one striker and one striker or right winger. Plus a left fullback. I'll try to renew Chan-Gil and Jae-Eun loans.

Hyup confirms his departure.
7yWqFc4.jpg

This time the sponsors increase payment.
CWPi3Pt.jpg

Jae-Eun loan is extended. So is Chan-Gil's a day later.
KAZH3UC.jpg

prprjFS.jpg

The board has organized a training camp for the second half of January.
1v7IxSM.jpg

Reputation has grown a little.
UtQaz90.jpg

The new season's fixtures have been announced, we play relegated Daejeon Citizen the third day. We have the rest fixture the first of each round, which is nice when things go well.
KorGz10.jpg

We'll receive €21.79K from TV.
yVgVUiF.jpg

Three players get wage rises.
M6eN0tB.jpg

The board asks for the new season expectations. Same choices than past season. I want to aim for direct promotion this year; but when I told that to the players they reacted bad. Choosing to win the league will raise budgets but I think I will not.
Dir8T9s.jpg

Since holidays are short, the team returns not tired, so I organize a money grabbing friendly league right away with teams from the top division.
PaAKyqz.jpg

Pohang Steelers: they get the first goal early from a rebound at a free kick. After we have a few nearly dangerous counters. At the most we see a shot... backward. It was counted as a cross. Later we have two shots at the keeper. At half hour Jae-Eun sends off a great through ball. I only make a sub: late at 79th minute as Sin-Yeong should have been kept in the bench to play right winger next match. Kyung-Min who is in superb fitness comes in. 82:02 Kyung-Min completes a counter! 87:29 he almost nets the second!
YjVtcb6.jpg

Seoul FC come next, fierce rivals of the club. I had to start Jae-Eun because a U21 must be starting and Chan-Gil is tired too. He's replaced almost immediately. The first big chance is ours, but Hyup sends it at the defender. He does at a set piece though! We're ahead! It lasts little. We get only one shot in the secon hafl, that is saved. Not bad, another draw against a top level team.
Dm1POmn.jpg

Third match of the league against Suwon Bluewings. We come in as being not the last of the league. At 12:38 Hyup wastes a good chance. They take theirs at 54:38. And a second is called offside. They do get it at 65:45. Kyung-Min gets one back after a Hyup header to the crossbar right away. But shortly after the worst defending yet seen lets them their third.
G41v21x.jpg

We're not the last of the league. That's a good sign and only lost one match. Optimism for next season, more pain not having beaten Suwon.
nH8uScq.jpg

Four players leave the club on 31st December. Two, Jung-Sik and Young-Jun, I would have kept.
aEWjzoM.jpg

With the departures, I can get up to above one hundred thousand.
XzgmZ9Z.jpg

We begin the years with a positive bank balance.
SZKr8ht.jpg

This is the squad we have at the moment, with players who want to leave and will need replacements highlighted (Yellow is pending to have more first team matches).
zmCvxg4.jpg

Sn0QIRT.jpg

Squad planning

To avoid making the same mistake, let's go over the squad. The team must start a player who is 21 or younger when beginning the year in the first team and have at least a second in the bench.

Position:
Starters. Subs. (May want to leave.) Want to leave.

Goalkeepers:
Pyung-Guk, Choi Phil-Soo.

Guk has been solid past season, being the one with the most clean sheets. No change needed. Phil-Soo signed a new contract.

Centreback:
Woo-In, Tae-Su. Chang-Hoon. Cheong-Yoon?

Jin-Kyoo can play there, but he lacks the physicals. It would be good to have a replacement if Cheong-Yoon leaves, which is not unlikely given there's interest.

Fullback:
Chan-Gil (Left), Joon-Yeon (right). Gi-Tae (right).

Chang-Hoon can play left side. A back up for the left side wouldn't be bad. Chan Gil is 21 years.

Midfield:
Seth Moses, Da-Seul, ****-Yun, Dong-Hyuk. Jin-Kyoo.

One more than strictly needed, but not bad to have for injury crises. The only shortcoming is that we have only one defensive midfielder.

Wings:
Seul-Ki (right), Byung-Joon (left). Hyo-Ki (left). Sin-Yeong (right). Soon-Hak (left).

Two for each side plus a third left if Soon-Hak doesn't leave. Three of the five can play as strikerss.

Advanced midfield:
**** Yun, Dong-Hyuk, Jae-Eun. Seong-Bin.

Not a position I expect to use much, but there can be the ocassional time I use it. Well covered.

Striker:
Kyung-Min. Jae-Eun. Hyo-Ki. Soon-Hak,Seong-Bin.

Of the five, two want to go, one may want to if he gets crazy about first team football before the season begins. One will be eighteen soon.

We need for sure: a back up left fullback and could do with a defensive minded midfielder. We may need one back up centreback, one or two strikers. These won't be hired until we know there will be players out.

What is left of preseason

The first thing is to offer all who want to leave already, to see who goes and who stays. Then I'll have a look at who made worse the past season for improvements.

Busan gets 20% of profit from Hyup's sale and he himself 10% of the transfer fee.
JQJO8pm.jpg

q58Q2m3.jpg

At the board confidence, they inform me that the financial situation is expected to improve.
kofbJmu.jpg

Cheong-Yoon rejects Goyang Hi, so I'll offer him again on a free to see if other clubs come. If not, I'll keep him as fourth choice centreback. Soon-Hak has chosen to stay, rejecting the two clubs that came for him. But he still says he needs to leave for first team football.

Goyang Hi makes a bid for Byung-Joon. Do I want to sell? No. Does he want me to accept the bid? He doesn't say so. He did well past season. His contract runs out this year. The answer is: no way.

Seong-Bin takes the offer from Daegu FC. Bottom league team these past two seasons. But he'll play there. He should play there. He's good quality. Likely he'll be their best player

Cheong-Yoon also rejects the offer he had and chooses to stay.

Seong-Bin is the only player to leave, there is no need to sign to replace players who leave unhappy.

Bad news as Chan-Gil gets a nearly one month injury on international duty.
tc3W9xo.jpg

Season doesn't start until last day of March! So long. I guess I could take some holidays. Or set another money grabbing friendly league. We're getting money so it seems undeeded to risk bad injuries. Maybe I'll set a friendly per week and do some traveling around. Without forgetting the coaching course. But before I think on that, let's get the transfers dealt with.

Carlyle Mitchell looks like a good choice for centreback, though his expected wage demands are too big for who I hope to be back up player. Then again, he's on par with our current starters, so I can as well sign as a first teamer. Or take advantage of interest in Tae-Su.
1W1MK3t.jpg

**** Yun gets a 2-3 injury! He'll be back for the season, but at his age this may be fatal.
e1Z6Num.jpg

Mitchell is approached but he wants more than I can even offer.

I'll be around to keep on top of business, least they sell or buy unwanted players, but I'll let the assistant to the friendlies. I'll take some "half vacation".

I also made an offer to Gwangju for their left fullback, Won-Gyu, hoping to send them Cheong-Yoon. If it goes well, we need a defending midfielder and we'll be set.

He agrees to a contract that's a little expensive for a rotation player.

7PifR7H.jpg

The pitch is relaid like past season, which past season didn't stop rivals to come moaning about its condition.
5KJ1rDK.jpg

Cheong-Yoon refuses Gwangju. So I'll have to buy the left back and have one more centreback than I need. There is no midfielder of defensive kind good enough to sign that we can afford. So Won-Gyu is the only deal made and no more than selling Cheong-Yoon if we can will be made.

Sin-Yeong one month out after a friendly, more than enough time to be fit when the season begins.
[No screenshot taken]

I notice my assistant isn't rotating the squad approppriately to keep match fitness. So no taking holidays.

We get a part of Jin-Soo profit.
jEcOUCz.jpg

This season I can choose among many pitch sizes. Past it was good, but do I want to repeat? I think I'll take a slightly smaller pitch.
Rcza7jF.jpg

Odds for the season are 21.00 for us and a 7th finish, which is exactly like past season. Ansan are again favourites to win.
JCs5Owo.jpg

After a disappointing friendly I tell so to the players, Dong-Hyuk comes to me unhappy about it. I told him I'd look into improving.
s8OAalA.jpg

A striker who looks very promising was detected and a exchange with Cheong-Yoon was successful. Kim Dong-Sub. A name to rot in a bench. His stats past season weren't any great, but he played in the top division.
LwlHkxz.jpg

Now we have two left backs, two right backs, four centrebacks, some of which can also play right and one left. Five central midfielders. Two right wingers one of whom can play striker. Two left wingers one of whom can play striker. Four strikers, one of whom can play left winger and one right winger.

Bonuses for the squad are made low for the cup and normal for the league, as I can't make it high.
ixaeAX7.jpg

The portion of transfers we can keep in the budget has been raised to 35%.
GSYbeFK.jpg

In the friendlies I've managed, Dong-Sub has done superbly.

The second to last friendly, against Paju, sees Seul-Ki make the perfect match. Four goals and two assists for a rating of 10.0. Don-Sub picks a two week injury, though, which isn't good.
SbvKj8R.jpg

pJAdl2f.jpg

The transfer deadline ends without anything happening, despite attempts to move Soon-Hak, to make him see it's not me breaking my word he's not leaving.
PUr1E45.jpg

z5FI6DK.jpg

He now wants to stay.
yXXkcrN.jpg

In the last friendly (unless I see the need for one more four days of season's start), **** Yun gets another injury (one week) as well as Hyo-Ki. They will be available for the start of the season, but I choose protective gear for Hyo-Ki, as I want him to keep training, though it be lightly.
lAIFBT7.jpg

eJ0gOPX.jpg

Say, what I'll do is make a friendly for the reserves and make available just the players that need time on the field.

Hehehehe. The season begins with three matches that end in 0-0 draws. Ha! Everyone draws 0-0, except Goyang Hi, that beats Seoul E-land 2-1.
4yEOsqL.jpg

t0wAjDv.jpg

Last edited:
Four nil all draws out of five matches in the first round! That's ridiculous! Obviously everyone in Korea idolises Man United :p

Four nil all draws out of five matches in the first round! That's ridiculous! Obviously everyone in Korea idolises Man United :p

I wish they kept it up for all the season and let me score all the goals! But they're all a bunch of jerks who won't let me run with it.

April 2018, first month of the league.

Uh... what? I mean... what?! HE'S NOT COME TO ME WITH ANYTHING!
yD8iGq2.jpg

uDKsmuL.jpg

And again. I should just release him. We got the positive balance to do so.
oeP0fXm.jpg

tFZ29J5.jpg

There's some reported interest, so I'll offer him and if there is no offers or he doesn't take any, I'll kick him out.

The firs match, against Bucheon, begins slowly as we do little, but as time passes we get into the match, creating several chances finishing with shots on target. But no goals. It is a bit annoying we get one past half an hour after a fortuitous bounce off a defender in a clearance after so many good moves failing to get it. Six out of seven shots are on target during the first half. For the second, seeing Dong-Sub a bit tired, I sub him to go 4-4-1-1. The second half is Bucheon's, who create their best chance soon after it begins. We also create a few, just a few, but in the end there is no more scoring.
aTk8viy.jpg

Trying a mutual termination of Soon-Hak is blocked by the board on not enough transfer budget. I readjust it to be double of a release and then try to release him straight away.
lfXKWRQ.jpg

Bye bye, *****. You were going to have enough first team football this season but you chose to be an idiot. €30K cost to release him.

In friendlies we had a bit of problems to beat 4-5-1 with the 4-4-2, so when Seoul E-Land come, I choose the V. We dominate possession, 80%, but do little with it, then they make a counter from a corner in which Tae-Su makes a poor act of defending and removes himself from the cross path. Da Seul murders Jae-Sung. Not even a yellow. Then before the end of the half, we make it level with an indirect free kick. We go ahead at 24th with an own goal. What the... why they show the man on the ball on the good foot and let his view of goal open? Just in extra time they let them draw with a long shot that wasn't that far from Woo-In or Pyung-Guk. Though, to be fair, we weren't earning the win.
mgAHHUl.jpg

I got the Continental A license in less than half a year, less that they said it'd take.
Cc30VjI.jpg

I could ask for a new course; but given the chairman's reaction past time, this would upset him and me. I'll let some time pass before asking.

Next match is Icheon Citizen visit in the Cup. Selection is made for those who need match fitness, though **** Yun doesn't start, since he's still tired and I don't want him to pick a new injury. He'll come in during the match, though. A bit disappointed that in the second half goals took long to come and we let them a couple of great chances.
8yTQY0U.jpg

Jae-Eun finishes his drought in official matches in spectacular manner, with a hat trick.
XL4CD5Z.jpg

That was also Anyang's biggest win ever.
gIxIWHo.jpg

Suwon visits, but without press conference, there's no whining about the pitch. It starts bad, a poor defence of a free kick with terrible positioning by Pyung-Guk. It's not long until Hyo-Ki assists Seul-Ki through a lot of players. That doesn't last long, as Chang-Hoon, who I brought in place of Tae-Su, who wasn't performing very well lately, is too afraid of scoring an own goal and lets them get to a cross. The draw comes from the reverse of our first goal. At 32:57 a corner ends in a ball headed to the crossbar and then going out after landing on the goal line. Again before the end of the first half, just no goal line bounce. With Cheoing-Hoon's poor match and Tae-Su on the bench and no fourth centreback, I bring rigth fullback Gi-Tae, who has what's needed. We dominate the second half, but they get a double chance from a free kick. It ends with a disappointing 2-2.
AU0U2Px.jpg

We go to Gwangon's stadium, the match begins well. It's level but we seem to have the edge. It turns into a goal after half an hour. But they've got a player able to first hit it to goal from 20 yards a few minutes later. Some good chances happen in the second half, but none is taken. Until the last five minutes.
Msz1Ele.jpg

The next of the three bottom teams we face is Daejeon Citizen, a surprise as they come from the top division. They have a huge pitch. In the first six minutes Kyung-Min smashes the ball into the crossbar with the goal as good as empty. Four minutes later, the ball is tackled from him in the last instant, a penalty? Doesn't matter, as right next one is called. And I'm reminded I didn't have a look at setting penalty takers. I hope it's Kyung-Min. Yes, he takes it. To the keeper then the post then picked by the keeper. 35th Phil-Soo picks an injury, I sub him and De Seul who has a yellow card and a warning. Dong-Sub picks a loose ball from some clown like error by them to score the first. In the second half he finally scores a chance we created without their clumsiness help. It ends well. I've beat a red/blue team with a team wearing white. That's nice.
s8fRj2j.jpg

We're without second keeper for two month.
1zTYufj.jpg

**** Yun has decided to retire. While I think he can still perform for another year, I'm not going to nose in his business. I trust he's thought well about it. If that's what he wants, then so be it.
yYjJ4vL.jpg

Seong-Bin, as expected, is in the starting eleven of Daegu. A wonderful counter attack is disallowed on an offside that wasn't. And they they get the goal. Tae-Su needs to explain why the ball reaches his man's feet from a loft cross when he was right on top of him and between him and the ball. For the second half I move things to a 4-2-3-1 and we go level. Offside after offside, when not, weak shot or very deviated. Another two points thrown away.
16SP3Zr.jpg

KRCaGRO.jpg

Kyung-Min isn't keeping his goals to shots on target ratio from past season, which is disappointing and we can say has cost us some of those draws. Dong-Huyk is not intended to be the defensive member of the central midfield pair, but his tackling rating is apalling. I think I'll have him for matches in which we use a htree man midfield. Or to come from the bench when all is decided. Joon-Yeon is getting yellow cards fast and not doing better than Gi-Tae and will lose the starter status.

XGKjafL.jpg

qDKJvPN.jpg

X2bLH30.jpg

ZIOp4rh.jpg

There won't be much time left to ask for the last coaching course.

970wuDc.jpg

No increase in reputation from Continental A license.

Last edited:
May 2018

I will try my luck and request a new course. I cannot believe it!
ytxIJMq.jpg

6N0qh5V.jpg

Goyang Hi is our rival in the new cup round, at their very long and narrow stadium. Our start seems to announce a win, which is not necessarily what I want the most here, though it would be good for morale. It takes half an hour and a change to 4-4-1-1, but Dong-Sub puts us ahead... on an obvious offside position. They get it back with a corner just as I was considering going more defensive. As Dong-Sub picks a knock, I sub him and move to a diamond. They get the offside goal allowed too.
yt0mSG7.jpg

It's Goyang H.I.: Hallelujah-Immanuel. We're given a few bills for playing the fourth round.
vUDpMXF.jpg

We face Ansan Police, the leaders along Gwangju, at home. A very important match: if we win, we confirm we will be fighting for the title, if we lose, we're definitely starting to drop off and make things hard on ourselves. If we draw things won't be as bad nor as good. I think I'll choose not to lose and I'll go with the V in a defensive manner. I let the assistant make the first eleven and when changing forgot to check the right fullback, so Joon-Yeong starts instead of Gi-Tae. Good start, then we vanish and near the half time we seem to make a come back. Tae-Su is having another of his poor matches. I think if there's still interest, I'll try to get something for him and pick two centrebacks. When all seemed to point to a draw or a win for us, as their attack was under control, they find the goal from a chaotic mess of rebounds. Goodbye, good season.
tdKIkWi.jpg

Done: I offer a contract to Mitchell, even if it's expensive and offer Tae-Su to Busan iPark. I also bid for a midfielder to be Moses' backup.

We should have the better of Chungju Hummel, but we don't. Tae-Su again with a poor match. But I can't bring Hoon, for his matches have been much worse. And I want Gi-Tae on the right side. Perhaps Hoon on the right and Gi-Tae in the centre. Several chances, but when they finally beat the keeper is just to hit the post! They don't score even when a killer pass from side to side. Gaaaaah! FOR THE LOVE OF! So now Tae-Su not only is poor, he has also to break the offside and then just neglect to cover space and lets them get a cheap goal at the last minute. That's it, he's off to the reserves. This should have been a comfortable win.
hEobSed.jpg

Midfielder Kyu-Hyun's transfer has been confirmed.
QIZ1dOC.jpg

Last match of the day done, goodbye promotion places. I think it is time to consider moving on. This season is going nowhere and I'd rather move sooner than later. Two African nations available. Senegal seems to be a little better placed to qualify for the next African Cup, but Mali has better reputation, which might boost mine. There are also a few interesting targets in Europe: League One teams I think may be just possible, but the league has lower reputation. There's a midtable Championship but that'd be too much to ask.

Mitchell and Tae-Su deals are confirmed.
LivoRDv.jpg

uQRzHbt.jpg

I apply for both Mali and Senegal after expressing interest for the former. Both turn me down right away. There are also three teams in Serie B with insecure managers, the three qualified near the top. I'll keep an eye on those, which are the highest that are less unrealistic, though barely if not unrealistic.

Chang-Hoon out for two months just as I sent Tae-Su to the reserves.
dwIVBJh.jpg

We meet Goyang HI again, this time in the league. Same starting tactic as in the cup, but with the first team complete. It is a free kick that is allowed by Kyung-Min to be headed in. And a second with a lucky rebound from a corner save. I send caution out in formation. We get one back in the second half with a corner, by Gi-Tae. We almost gift them a third when Woo-In decides a throw in in front of our area is not a ball he needs to pick up. If the whistle will go off right as a throw in is taken, why wait to do it instead of just doing it before giving it?
zBVTh2m.jpg

Time for a team meeting, which goes well.

Also, I did apply for Burnley job. I don't think I have many chances, but if they were to take me, it would be a big jump for my career. It seems to have not been leaked.

To continue this poor run of form, we host league leaders and least conceding team Gwangju. The first half we edge, not so much because we create much but because they don't really do anything dangerous. I set a V formation that a 4-3-3, making it more offensive as the first half progressed. For the last minutes I will match their 4-5-1 with a 4-2-3-1 and try to go for the win. But there's no luck.
qjKhkBr.jpg

With it we finish the first round, outside the play offs and far from the top. It's not impossible, but it is unlikely that we'll be fighting for the title. The main problem has been my lack of giving the guys chances to score; but in this last match it's been the strikers' inability to convert the chances I did provide them.

There is an interesting opening, Osijek in Croatia's top division. But I won't apply.

Dong-Hyuk out for a month and a half.
rBcWY5y.jpg

Transfer revenue retained is reduced as we hit negative balance.
yHz401n.jpg

IuG1Wyr.jpg

Pretty bad month to bury our chances for direct promotion.

kJF1VpX.jpg

With a game in hand as the rest have begun their second round, we're also falling from play offs.

SCgAWLx.jpg

Lot of average ratings above 7, but that's worthless if we don't get results. Kyung-Min is not to bad in shots on target ratio, but his ratio goals scored to shots on target is poor. The best ratios are for Jae-Eun, who should become the first choice up front.

W9TP5O6.jpg

We're finally in the red and it won't improve after the new signings. I would also like to see to renew some of the striker force.

x84I9CX.jpg

Understandably, the board is as unhappy with the league position as I am.

XIdoB2F.jpg

Man management improved again.

bjdFXVt.jpg

Studying for Continental Pro License.

ILOWCaL.jpg

She's now good with Korean.

That chairman finally woke up haha

Without having slapped him before!

Too bad results have not gone as expected, which means promotion starts to seem too far again and that means leaving the club at the end of the contract, if nothing better shows up that's realistic, which I don't think is likely. I had her apply for Burnley, mid table in Championship with half star higher reputation than Anyang, but I doubt that she'll get it. They're taking their sweet time deciding, though. I remember in FM05 I applied for Wigan in autumn I think, I forgot about it, thought I missed the failure of the application and I got it in June. Given England has finished the season I don't think they'll take that long to fill the vacancy, though. It would be nice to finish the contract and find "Burnley offers an interview to Katsumi Touko". Perhaps not as much as when Viktoria Ackerman got the Inter job after Príbram, but still it'd be a great surprise.

June 2018

Within ten minutes against Bucheon, Jae-Eun pays off the faith getting the first goal. No more goals but we get a complete domination lie we've never had. Their shots have just been gifted to them. I think attack needs some more width to get more goals; but then with such block to their attack I'm kind of reluctant to make something that might create holes in our defence, when they'll likely try to come more aggresively. I guess I'll let the first minutes of the second half play out and see. They did increase their offensivenes, but with very little results so I chose to keep things like they were. Kyung-Min goes in late and gets the second during injury time with an indirect free kick..
pfhqLiW.jpg

Seoul E-Land goes ahead after a quarter hour taking advantage of some chaos in a free kick. This is what is making our position more frustrating: so many matches in which our defence is working well but the win or draw flies away because of a chaotic moment in the area or some lucky event we can't control. Shortly after there is chaos in their area, but we don't get anything. We keep the pressure, but they get the second after a defensive error trying to keep the line way up and letting two slip behind for an easy counter like play. 76:13 we'd have one goal if, when seeing the ball coming to him laterally, the player turned to face the goal and shoot instead of back to keep the ball to be tackled. Sin-Yeong gets the goal, just when I've told the fourth ref to sub him and now I can't take it back.
hb0B0J6.jpg

The Burnley application is finally turned down, not even making the shortlist.

I said it was frustrating our defence was doing very well and then it was undone by luck in chaotic situations; not less annoying is see many good attacks fizzle out in bad shots and then get the goal from stupid mistakes by the opposition. Such is the first goal against Daejeon. ... Come on! This is a damned joke. It can't be they only shoot from impossible angles and they get one of them in in the last second.
MJ1rh4N.jpg

Top of the table is just seven points, it feels like it should be almost twenty. Ansan isn't getting the same level of dominance as Jeju had past season. The results steer me to try my luck with NK Osijek, a club that finished low in Croatian top division. Top European division. The distance from the top not being as huge as it feels it should, makes me think to stay. And to reward the coaching course being paid.

The match at Suwon is a summary of the season: us, through ball, clear hole, no goal; they, out the area, closed down, barely a line to goal, one up. Second is even worse: three defenders and one other attacking blocking the goal, but no matter, still a goal (though at least there was no closing down to make it worse). That's it, I'm applying for Osijek and see if there's any luck. Second half begins with their third, at least one that's the short we make and are good chances. We get our first in 77th minute, too late to hope for the come back. Second at 86. No time.
Dfg5DdJ.jpg

Osijek says the interviews are over. I shouldn't have waited this long. So do I resign? Because this is starting to get painfuly frustrating. Choices at other jobs, considered carefully, by favourite manager to get it, seem: Liga Adelante, Logroñés, who are relegated, Sundowns in South Africa's ABSA, Gyeongman who are last in Korean Classic but not far from staying up, perhaps the more interesting is Sandhause: a 3 Fussball Liga's Sandhausen, who have won promotion and will play in the more prestigious 2. Bundesliga, with a balanced squad at the moment.

While I think on it, I've made a 3-5-2 formation to try turn things around. With the three man defence, Tae-Su returns to the start. Gangwon visits. Tae-Su doesn't disappoint, he walks lazily about to let a cross reach its target for a comfortable 0-1. As if that wasn't enough, Chan-Gil decides the best thing to do is to double kick a rival.Meh, goodbye, I'm preparing my resignation. Amazing how Guk stands up once the ball is in goal.
1yvz2Aj.jpg

Assistant tells me the squad is unhappy with the situation. I'm not the one what in our area and the ball in rival's feet decides to walk trying to spot pretty ladies on the stands.
RySiaAs.jpg

This is my response:
faHQ1a7.jpg

Bye, suckers!

Fellow Japanese Pinto Erikson (son of immigrant... Brazilians. Yeah) quits after me.
Iii2jLs.jpg

0ZiSlYJ.jpg

A few weeks pass, two clubs come with offers of an interview, which I take.

gsigl4D.jpg

a3B5VVU.jpg

But is Gyeongnam FC who offers a contract. Henan didn't like me not accepting the promise to make most of set pieces. I've got few such goals so I preferred not to make a promise I wouldn't keep.

n27i63m.jpg

I got €200 more per week than their initial offer of €1.400.

Last edited:
Good luck in the new job!

Has reacted positively

Thanks, it will be needed. Two seasons ago they got promoted from play offs, past season it was the team that had to play against Suwon to stay in the division. It will be hard but thankfully it's not dropped far behind the teams ahead.

July 2018

Before the meeting, I go to the club to have a look around at stuff. It really is in bad financial shape. Two and half million in the red. We'll need a few leagues as soon the season ends.

The reserve team has a few promising kids, still far from first team, but I guess I could give them a chance now and then.
Q4P9OUm.jpg

The main squad is loaded with players. According to the coaches, some of them in a status that is much more than their quality deserves.
cqmgGwS.jpg

Only one goalkeeper! Who was in charge of this? What a mess. The one the coaches think best is loaned away at Gwangon without playing a match. Though to be honest I think the better is the one we kept. We are still in the transfer window to have a backup and maybe offload some wages.

((Here there should be a video going through the players of the first squad after sending most of the <20yo players to the reserves but the quality was poor. Maybe a new post tomorrow with a squad overview, but it's not likely I'll do it))

Looking at last XI of other squads, the more use formation is a 4-2-3-1, more often with defensive midfielders. Given our position in the league the team needs to pick whatever points it can, so we'll be concentrating around not condedig. A 4--5-1 could be a good choice, but I'm thinking that, to keep counter options more available, do a 4-2-3-1, perhaps with the AMC tucked in midfield.
VrKi9Q0.jpg

The defensive mindedness will be reflected in set pieces: only one man stays ahead from defence, the back four stay back in attacking.

Coaching staff is poor, but I'll wait to the end of the transfer window to avoid any chance of hirings interferring with the squad.
BIJlJ9g.jpg

The first rival will be the top team. Then the second. Great to get the players to trust me.

"Chief scout song Dong-Joon welcomes me saying we're short in the left wing. I consider sacking the scouting team. Yes, left wing is weak. But one goalkeeper?
4EwGwQY.jpg

Transfer budget isn't even €1K. I bring Pinto Erikson to have at least one good scout.
uiWiwAb.jpg

There is not a single goalkeeper worth even as second choice we can get and the one we have loaned out, we can't bring back.

Teams come for Song Ju-Han. I make an offer for Júnior Lopes. I'll try to keep Ju-Han in the club though with a new contract, as I fear that refusing the bids straight away may unsettle and be a worse way to keep him.

The match against Steelers starts, continues and ends according to my plan and expectation. We even had a couple of shots that could have gone in a different day. First point, achieved against the top team, too! Kyung-Hyun got a knock and had to be taken back to the bench.
Luahfjq.jpg

Incheon United won their match, so automatic permanency slips two points away. No worries, though, if we keep this defensive display up it's a matter of time that we catch up with them, we just need to pick the odd win here and there. Boring football? Maybe for the public, but it will give us the results and that's what matters.

Kyung-Hyun will be out just below two weeks. He's a sub, too.
fOJoye0.jpg

Ju-Han has chosen Jeju. But they're just ahead! I'll try to delay it one week, as his substitute hasn't signed his contract yet.

Júnior comes right after, so I finalise and hope for the best. The info on him wasn't complete and I couldn't send scouts. He turns to be just a little worse mentally.
delMThk.jpg

I get a loan offer. For the one young player I want to keep in the first team.

Next we go to Jeju, which manager hates me. He now pretends he doesn't. We get the best chance after a quarter hour from a free kick, but it'***** at the goalie. My players don't see at all able of a possession style football. Poor first touches, even worse passing. Half an hour and they've picked three yelows. Wait. Weren't we playing the second placed? Oh, it got postponed by the cup. Whoops. I consider going a touch more offfensive for the second half. 70 minutes in, a ball to their post. Extra time, if this ends in goal for them, after Sang-Heom tackles the ball and stops contemplating with it at his feet until the tackled guy stands up and picks the ball again, someone dies. He can live.
wRgEniX.jpg

A chance to get ahead of Jeju lost, but one more point. They were big favourites. I wouldn't have changed tactics had I realized the postponement. So I'm happy. Júnior Lopes had a good match.

We got some money from a transfer to Jeju but have to pay a part to Jeonbuk or something like that.
8GVe0fa.jpg

wQ6NTzp.jpg

Omotoyossi, the player I chose to keep registered among the foreign to make room in registration for Lopes has not scored since he arrived. I may change that registration and sale plan. But I don't think I will, he's more the type of player wee need than Oris.
n3UIYMF.jpg

It's done in the last day of the transfer window: Song Ju-Han is away to Jeju.
PIDTLGK.jpg

tDRc1VE.jpg

Two matches, two scoreless draws. If it continues till the end, I'll be content.

4oVl1RM.jpg

When I arrived Incheon had 15 points, Jeju 12 and we 10.

7czLjSK.jpg

Terrible passing ratios across the board. Not a surprise seeing how they pass. Very few goals. Only one mistake leading to goal, which is good for the type of plan we're going to use all season long.

WNhcmXa.jpg

Fans joyous for a draw. Not bad, they will take well to how I plan to make things.

vTZWffs.jpg

Increasing debt.

qZaePAN.jpg