Katsumi Touko The Smith of Pretty Victories.

March 2020, season resumes.

wAgcp.jpg

They have a slow start but we do little more than keep the ball. As they settle into the game I chose to slow down the tempo. It worked as Mullin got a penalty for Burmistrov to convert and shortly after a shot to the post denied the second. A couple more chances follow until the end of the half, but it ends 1-0. We need to keep this win, but we've not quite closed our area to them.
Second half, in which I decide to keep the tempo while also the ball doesn't change. We keep missing some decent chances, but in the last twenty minutes they begin to get into dangerous positions. For the last few minutes I bring in Sokolov for Sergeev, dropping him into central midfield and a minute or two later, Akbashev shots a good chance at the goalkeeper and Shebanov is there to put the match to rest.
Finally we get the win against a promotion rival! Maybe now we can begin to be somewhat optimistic. And the other teams behind didn't win, so we're nine points from losing playoffs and if Gazovik don't win their match, we've opened an eight points gap to stay in direct promotion. Also Fakel lost and we're five points from them.
wA70o.jpg

Gazovik drew.

We get a quarter million euros from a past transfer deal. Plus another €450K from another deal. Yet €450K from another one.
wAO9M.jpg

wA5SI.jpg

wAiGU.jpg

Aliev wants more first team football, which is fair; but Mullin is being top scorer and I'd like not to move him to the wing. I tell him so and he accepts it. Phew.
wAPjD.jpg

Gadjimuradov picks a month long injury.
wAEZN.jpg

wASOK.jpg

That narrow formation that wasn't that much of a problem the first time, but now we go with a slightly changed formation. We'll exploit flanks and play narrower to start, then see how things go.
In the first 15 mins, Mullin fails to connect well and misses a very clear chance, then gets a valid goal called offside.
It all goes to ****, first they make a shot that has no margin error at all and doesn't pass that far from Moulin and then a second even when Bozhin had the foot right on the ball.
We chase it in the second half, which makes for the flanks being vulnerable and them getting a cross, the first sensible goal of the match. Mullin eventually gets one back but nothing more.
I'm very angry with this match.
wAfzj.jpg

wA8Hs.jpg

They're rigth behind us, five points away. We must not lose it and we better win, or Amkar can get within a match.
The match opens with a great chance Shebanov misses stupidly shooting at the side the goalkeeper is. The rest of the first half is quite equal, with little done by either side.
In half time I'm more focused on not losing, so I don't risk any big change. The second has some more action, with a few close calls in both sides, none taken.
A disappointing draw considering Shebanov's early chance was very easy; but not that bad a result. We stay beyond a match from Gazovik and Amkar since they also failed to win.
wAKcS.jpg

Moglan contract was running out, fans began to feel unrest about it and I want him for next season, so I offered him a new one. This reminds me that during preseason I came to a decision about Semenov: his contract won't be renewed.
wArFt.jpg

Sergeev gets a two week injury. Luckily we have good replacements for him.
wAFN4.jpg

wAIj5.jpg

Could've been a little better, we've just repeated the amount of points earned from this group of matches from the first half.

wAefJ.jpg

Mullin's top goalscorer alone. Fakel is running away, so winning the division is out of the question now.

wAlWT.jpg

Very good passing completion among the players up front. I wonder if I should start to encourage them to take some more risks with their passing.

wAoZ7.jpg

It seems this month we've had a little profit.

wAzPH.jpg

wQTzk.jpg

Nice 5 point buffer over 3rd place, hopefully you can secure promotion!

Nice 5 point buffer over 3rd place, hopefully you can secure promotion!

We'll see. There is one tough match coming, then a stretch against mid or low table rivals and we end the season with matches against Fakel and another of the big sides, so it seems the matter will be decided in the last match.

April 2020

Very bad start to the month: two physio reports: Semenov is out for a month, not too bad, but Deriglazov went to have dinner to some ****** restaurant and will miss a whole year of development through some serious infection. The doctors don't even let me pay him a visit to cheer him up. Now I'm really worried.
wM4bt.jpg

wMGS4.jpg

wMh45.jpg

We go against a team that was fighting for play offs some matches ago but dropped badly since we thrashed them. Some players are lacking in fitness.
The first half is a pretty tight affair, neither team getting much to the opposition area, we may barely edge it in quality, something confirmed by having all of our few shots on target and getting two goals.
Kalenkovich looks complacent so he's out at the half time. Marcos isn't called up and I just remember the time of his promise for first team football is running out. Sigh. Akbashev is also coming out on a yellow.
Second half opens with them getting one back, after the defence fails to clear a cross and the ball goes to their player. Then they make it equal, again with a long shoto going between five tightly packed defenders. I hate this, why is tightly packed defenders to block a long shot always end in goal?! To make things worse, Aliev scored the winner but the referee made up it being offside.
Another two points thrown out the window and Amkar comes within three points.
wMsVJ.jpg

I've just been made aware I have some journalists going all fan on me. That's nice.
wMuOT.jpg

Krylja wants me to sign a new deal; but I think it's too soon for that. While at the moment the idea of staying is welcome, I don't want to commit just now.
wM2o7.jpg

Kalenkovich is now satisfied with his playing time.
wMNnH.jpg

wMRYk.jpg

This begins with Shebanov getting rid of the defence and being unable to get a shot on target from the edge of the six yard box. Telling Moulin to shoot will make it a thrashing?
The first half is better in quality chances for them, in number for us, though towards the end we come to level in quality, Burmistrov wasting a magnificent chance to pass to a lone Shebanov. The bad news is Lemos getting an early injury. Taranov back in defence as ball playing defender doesn't seem to do very well.
The second is not different, just slightly better for us, but not enough. Disappointed with the players ahead of defense. If we're very lucky depends on Gazovik failing to win as well.
wM10c.jpg

They played later and won, so it's just one point ahead.

Lemos is out for two weeks.
wMD91.jpg

I think some tweaking to the tactic is in order. Considering we've dropped a man from the front line to the back. We already made the central midfielder to be attacking instead of deeper support. So I guess I will be telling the left winger to go up more.

Lemos is unhappy about the promise for more first team football, despite playing most of the games since then.
wMnb0.jpg

wMHSA.jpg

They're in sixth place, not an easy match that the press favours them against the betting companies.
The first half doesn't go too bad, we edge it with two early chances that are saved. Nothing to say we should be winning, just to say we had the chance to do so. Things settle down afterwards, though and both sides seem as likely to get ahead, so I'm not sure what to do. I think, upon seeing some spaces opened in midfield, drop players.
In half time I tried to tell them a win was not out of the cards, but I think I mixed up words and told them something else. They looked at me weirdly.
Great Moglan. Just great. So this is why we train defensive positioning, so when we can't get a goal and they can't some idiot defender can play striker with our goal.
This is goodbye to direct promotion.
wMpG2.jpg

wMxVq.jpg

Alania is one of the bottom teams of the league. If we don't win today, this will be my only season with Krylja. Gazovikl already played and failed to win so we may go up to direct promotion.
First half is a piece of ****. They keep tight and nothing is done but two weak shots on target.
Second half is a good improvement, but the ball refuses to go in, early we get a good header hit the post and get back to the keeper's hand from behind. Aliev has the goal in the 83rd minute, he only has to tap it to his right but he blasts it over the bar. In the last moments, Burmistrov has to explain me why if he's the left winger, he's the leftmost player, why he has to head the ball to his left.
Goddammit. More points thrown away.
Now we're not only out of direct promotion but practically out of any kind of promotion.
wMJOC.jpg

wMVzW.jpg

One "easy" game and three tough against the direct rivals. We're not going up this season. We'll be using the 4-4-2 that improved things in the second half, maybe or maybe not, we'll see.

At any rate, a team meeting is in order and I call him. It goes well and everybody looks to be in high spirits now.
wMmni.jpg

wMvFy.jpg

wMtcZ.jpg

wMb9O.jpg

wMjjp.jpg

wM6So.jpg

Shame about that month despite having some tricky matches. Hope you can turn it around for the last four games. Away to Fakel to start next month could be tough - good luck!

May 2020, end of season

The month starts with greaaaaat news: Kalenkovich, who was our replacement for Lemos during his injury is out for the rest of the season.
w7XEt.jpg

w7P44.jpg

We play against top side Fakel after everyone has played their matches, we start drawing in points with the two teams in play off but out of them. Luckily Lemos is back.
We have a good first half. We are unlucky that Mullin couldn't get the ball in the hole between keeper and post in the best chance of the match and we keep them unable to do anything.
Second half goes along the same lines, though they get to force one save from Moulin. Twenty minutes from end of the match we've not got a goal and we need a goal, so I move things to the three men defence.
This is frustrating and a resume of my last season with Anyang: great playing but no win. We've had the chances to win, we should have won.
We're back in playoffs, but we've lost touch with direct promotion.
w75J5.jpg

I thought I'd be sort of free from the South Korean nonsense with international duty. I was mistaken. Luckily, only one player is to be affected.
w7LXJ.jpg

w7ioT.jpg

We play the last allegedly easy game of the match. Later Nizhny and Amkar will play and I don't know what to wish for. A draw would be the best, I guess, as both would drop points. We want some margin from Nizhny but also to close up on Amkar. In the last moment I decide for the flat 4-4-2, as I feel the central midfield will be a little more covered.
The first half could have gone two goals against less better. It has been awesomely good. We've controlled the match, every shot on target, six becoming goals! 3-1 I changed to 4-5-1 to close the match, but since we're four up I'll change to 4-4-2 to see if Mullin gets some to stay in the race for top goalscorer. The 4-5-1 hasn't shown to be any better defensively.
Second half is similar, but it's a 2-2 draw. Only three shots on target. A great result, but I'm very unhappy with the defence.
w7SD7.jpg

Not all is good and we lose our best offensive midfielder for the remainder of the season.
w7fYH.jpg

There was no draw bewteen Nizhny and Amkar, the later being on the losing side.

Two remaining matches:
Us against Tosno (8th) and KamAZ (7th), both were on top at some point during the first half of the season.
Amkar against Tyumen (11th) and Sibir (12th). The first was a contender for promotion during the first half, the later has been mediocre all season.
Nizhny: Torpedo Moskva (17th) and Chita (6th). A relegated team and one that's been close to the fight for promotion but never inside.
Gazovik: Chita (6th) and Tyumen (11th). Team close to play offs and team who started strongly but went spiraling down in the second leg.
Chita: Gazovik (5th) and Nizhny (4th). Our two direct rivals for play offs, both the reverse of Tyumen as they began poorly but have been climbing up the table.

We've got the toughest set of matches, I'd say. Chita may have them harder, but they're more the best candidate to help us on our way than a rival. Amkar has possibly the easiest schedule, which makes it very hard for us to get that direct promotion. Those missed wins hurt now more than ever. We should be at least needing just one draw to ensure direct promotion yet we're set to have to sweat for just play offs.

As expected, that match is a new record in goals scored.
w7qrk.jpg

What should I train against Tosno? Defensive movement or attacking movement? We're at home. They are on a poor run. We defended very poorly last match. I'm not coming out with the 4-4-2 but a more defensive formation. Getting direct promotion is close but not that close and missing on play offs is possibly closer. I just don't know what to do. Perhaps no focus? Or maybe teamwork? I set it to defensive movement but I may still change it.

Before the match we still lose another midfielder: Moro. Not too big as with the foreign limit I was unlikely to use him.
w7K2c.jpg

Burmistrov acts as the captain without being and tries to encourage the team to beat Tosno.
w7rb1.jpg

w70E0.jpg

We're without Sokolov, who's still traveling back from international duty. What a tension. Okay, I chose to train from two days before, defensive training first and change it to attacking last day.
The first half was level, until Bagaev did his part wrong, letting himself be turned by being too keen on tackling and Stezhko not being anywhere close to help. It's 4-4-2 time and chase it.
Second half is an improvement, with some chances going very narrowly off. For the last half hour I change some poor performers and shift to a 4-3-3. We need to win, Gazovik managed to get ahead of Chita.
We had the goals several times. We had the draw goal so close. Shavaev was going for a rebound from the best position, a 99% chance of goal, then came Makhmudov from the side in a very worse and got a fraction early to ruin it blasting it wide. At least Chita got a draw out of Gazovik.
w7I4A.jpg

We lose yet another midfielder. This time I'll order an injection.
w7eV2.jpg

Tyumen fell short from getting something from Amkar, so direct promotion is now out of the question.

Right before this last match of the season, the board offers renewal talks again.
w7kXq.jpg

Looking at current vacancies, the only vacancy that can be interesting and realistic is União de Madeira; but they've had a very poor season, their finances are insecure and so they'd not make a better team to go to a top division than Krylja is. So I think I will be taking that offer. I talk them out of asking to play direct football, as we've ended not doing it. I get a raise to €1.3K p/w
w7loC.jpg

w7znW.jpg

It's a must win match. If Gazovik win their match only a win keeps us in play offs and we can't be counting on that event. So it's the 4-4-2 we use.
The first half is like the Fakel match. We dominate it, get the chances, deny them any worth being called chance. But this time we have luck and skill, Shebanov converts a good chance, then two pieces of luck give us two more: a rebound from keeper bounces of a defender too close back over the line and a freak cross by Marcos.
Second half is quieter. With half an hour to go I make subs against injuries or tiredness, with a quarter I make changes to save energy.
We've done it! The win we needed to stay on the playoffs. But results elsewhere make it bittersweet: Amkar lost their match. If we had taken those chances against Tosno we'd be already up. Now
wXTYi.jpg

wXw0Z.jpg

We're against Amkar, that haven't beaten us. First a 2-2 draw away, 3-4-3 v 4-3-3, second a 2-0 win 4-2-3-1 v 4-2-2. Not that it means it'll be easy.

wX39y.jpg

wX4bO.jpg

Mullin's tied in goals scored.

wXGSp.jpg

Play offs. Part 1

Remember when I was offered the contract I looked at vacancies that might be attractive and didn't see any? I meant any at club level. There were some U23 sides for the Olympics: South Korea, Italy, Spain and France. The former two rejected it but the later two are offering me the job. It's a matter then to choose if I want France or Spain.
wODMC.jpg

wOneW.jpg

Given Spanish leagues are more prestigious and I want to eventually manage Real Madrid, it'd be better the chance to begin studying Spanish than French; France's group seems marginally easier; hosts Japan are in Spain's group; Spain is rated above France; Spain is the only of the two that has won the Olympics since 1992. I think, then, that the better choice is Spain.
wOaRi.jpg

Play off don't work as expected, though I expected that. Yeah. I thought it would be us against Amkar, but just two teams? And a league where four are relegated? No, each team from woroj plays one from SOGAZ. And to make things worse, we play away first, so they'll have the away goals in extra time advantage. Another thing I don't like, how it may favour us as well as them is the two legs are only three days apart.
wOpAZ.jpg

GODDAMIT!! Now we lose Makhmudov, with was the most important midfielder we had healthy and we can't give him an injection.
wOx8y.jpg

I'm asked to have a team meeting. Do I try to take out pressure? Entice them with promise of promotion? I would do the former, but I remember how often we've given up a winning position, so I choose the second. And they get angry because they wanted the first.
wOVhO.jpg

Play offs. Part 2

The first leg is upon us. Their manager is adventurous, plays a 4-3-3 and reportedly their team are weak against 4-5-1. I will start with the assymetric and counter formation.

wOCpD.jpg

3:22 We get the ball in defence, Marcos sees Shebanov who misses his chance to break free from the defender. His shot is blocked easily to a corner. Stats say he was tackled before pulling the shot.
6:35 Shebanov gets behind the defence, intelligently he passes to Sergeev who's running from deep, but the loanee sends it over the bar and the keeper.
What? Why? Why is Bagaev complacent? Isn't a fight for promotion important enough? What a *****!
15:40 A cross for Baldé. Bozhin is not even closing him down. With that kind of time and space it's way too easy to flicker it past Moulin's reach. They said Bagaev looked complacent.
29:45 Another cross. Now Bozhin is doing his job and his shot has only a narrow hole that's easy for Moulin to block.
47:34 Burmistrov has a good chance to score from a free kick rebound, but the hole is too small and he only gets a corner.
53:08 Their keeper makes a terrible pass to their left back from a left corner free kick, but Mullin is a tenth of a second too slow.
60:30 I give rest to the central midfielders, since we have so many injuries there.
67:15 I regret making defending corners more defensive, if we had two ahead instead of just one, Mullin would've had someone there for a pass behind the defence and complete a fine counterattack. As it is, nothing comes out of it.
68:57 They head a free kick jst over the bar. I undo that defensive set piece change.
76:06 A cross is well defended by Marcos, that intercepts and clears the ball.
91:32 Aliev finds Alexey in a through ball, but the angle is too tight.
It wasn't a bad match until Bozhin's mistake. Luckily he didn't repeat and Moulin saved with his help their second good chance. We may still go up, but now we have to win at home by two goals, which is unfortunate.
wObMI.jpg

Play offs. Part 3

wOjeU.jpg

0:45 A free kick skims their post.
13:03 Burmistrov gets alone to a cross, but it's way too tight and the shot hits the post as it was to be expected.
14:53 Lemos is turned, but Moulin makes a good save.
31:01 Baldé heads a cross just over the bar.
46:50 Shebanov has been uninterested and playing bad, so Aliev comes in for him.
49:39 Bagaev playing badly and on a yellow, another who goes off.
51:47 They get a through ball in obvious offside that the ref doesn't call. Moulin turns it into a non issue.
70:15 No goals, I bring A Pavlov for Alexey and make it 4-3-3
71:23 A Pavlov has the levelling goal in his boots, but one would think he blew at the ball.
83:50 Lemos has it like Pavlov had before, but he blasts it off target.
84:51 A Pavlov has another great chance, but he can't keep the ball down in the header.
89:23 Mullin receives the ball in a decent position, though a little tight, but Belenov deflects it to corner.
End of the match.
Sigh. We had the chances to have turned this around.
wOA1N.jpg

Another year in a second division.

Pay outs and prize bonus are given and received.
wOQAK.jpg

wOU8j.jpg

Such bad luck there, just one goal in it. Hopefully next season you can make the jump!

Such bad luck there, just one goal in it. Hopefully next season you can make the jump!

It was really close. **** team talk, I should not have followed the advice to make one. It took morale of all healthy first teamers down. I wonder if I'd have gone up without that.

On the bright side, it's a chance to go up winning the division and with one trophy in the manager's name, which I imagine would be a little more boost to her reputation than going up from fourth place. It may just be a little better in the long run for her career. Maybe I should make a test: ato some point return to the save prior, replay until getting up, take note of reputation increase and then compare with what I get if I go up top of the division or second and see if that makes a difference or if it'd just be promotion however it happens.

Squad at the end of the season. Part 1: Goalkeepers.

Goalkeepers
w5ON7.jpg

Undisputed first choice goalkeeper during the season. He's proved himself as one of the best goalkeepers for the division. I wish he had some better ability to anticipate events, but it's not been a noticeable issue. I couldn't attract any better goalkeeper than him so he'll stay as first choice.
His contract is ending and so it will be renewed immediately. I take his base wages €400 lower than his initial demands. First team because he didn't ask to be key player, which he would.
w5P6H.jpg

w55fk.jpg

Backup keeper. He'd done okay when called upon. He conceded four against Torpedo in the cup with extra time because the squad was full of youth, the blame rests on the youngsters and ultimately me for picking that team.
He needs to be replaced, as he's signed a contract with Rostov.
A new back up keeper needs to be signed. The Ux teams have no goalkeeper worth mentioning.

Squad at the end of the season. Part 2: Defenders.

Centrebacks
The part of the team that let us down and where more changes need to be done.

w5iWc.jpg

The most used centreback, who disappointed in the key match against Tosno.
Favoured for his aerial ability, his lack of agility has let him down more than a few times during the season. He has a year in his contract and he'll make it. He should become a rotation option if I can find better centrebacks to take his starting place.

w5Em1.jpg

Used as a centreback save for three appearances as left fullback. Turned out to be second choice centreback. He provides the speed Bagaev lacks. He's done competently in general, but mistakes have not been too rare. Definitely not worth considering key player. His versatility will keep him in the team.

w5SP0.jpg

Possibly our best centreback. Not reflected by his playing time because of the foreign rule of three on the pitch, where Moulin, Marcos and Lemos felt always more apart from their second choices than Moglan seemed to be over Bagaev. If he's to be a starting centreback I'll need to give up one one of the two foreign fullbacks. A decission regarding foreign players, him and the two foreign fullbacks will need to be made.

w5qTA.jpg

Mentally and technically good, his lack of pace and strength lets him down as centreback, where he started. That showed up, with him failing to make any good match, eventually moved up to defensive midfielder. His contract runs out this month. Since the foreign rule means Moro will be out, he's likely to have a new contract offered; but I'll wait to see what I can do before June ends. Expect it to stay in the club as midfielder.

w58a2.jpg

Bought as the Russian closes version of Moglan. Has shown some tendency to suffer lapses of concentration. He'll be let out unless I end sacrificing Moglan.

Centreback choices for next season: 1st new player, 2nd new player/Moglan, 3rd Bagaev, 4th Bozhin.

Left fullback

w5Kdq.jpg

Has played well. While stats say he's given no assists, he's provided more than a few last passes before the assist. A year left in the contract. Unless I were to find a much better Russian replacement and make room in foreign limit for Moglan to start, he'll stay.

w5rIC.jpg

Youth player, very far behind Lemos and will never be close. He'll be let go at the end of his contract, though he played above his weight when he's been called upon. He deserves a chance but he's unlikely to have here. His mentals are quite good for his age, though.

wLx8H.jpg

At the U21. I'd sooner keep Semenov.

Right fullback
w5FRW.jpg

The best right fullback, has performed very well, providing with some assists and some last passes before the assists. Balance and marking his main weaknesses.

wLVhk.jpg

A slight improvement defensively to Marcos and slightly worse offensively. He's pulled his weight when given chances. His contract runs this month. He's to be renewed immediately. Can play in the left.

wLZtc.jpg

Actually a winger, was bought to cover for Marcos' injury if I didn't turn crazy. He lacks pace and has been closer to be a disappointment than a success but he can be useful.

We find in this section the answer to the foreign issue: Lemos can drop back to his back up status, Zhyvoglyadov the starter in the left side if we don't find a good natural there. So things may look like this:

Right back: 1st Marcos, 2nd Kalenkovich, 3rd Zhyvoglyadov.

Left back: 1st Zhyvoglyadov, 2nd Lemos, 3rd Kalenkovich.

However, in an ideal scenario, a new player would start in left fullback and Zhyvoglyadov would be Marcos' second while Kalenkovich would move up and take first right wing choice over Alexey.

Squad at the end of the season. Part 3: Central midfielders.

Central midfielders
w5I6i.jpg

Has played very little due to not getting enough match fitness. I may loan him again due to his versatility.

w5eqZ.jpg

The first of at least three Alexey Pavlov in the team. Youth promosing player. Has performed well when he's played. At mid season he stopped having the playing time he earned. Next season he'll stay to have those chances he earned or he will be leaving on loan, only if he's to be given game time.

w5lhy.jpg

Has been decent, even good when he's given time; but he counts to the foreign limit and that is a problem with rotation and selection. He's being sold or sent away on loan. Were he Russian he'd definitely stay. Because of being foreign he's barely played when I choose to stick to Lemos and Marcos.

w5omO.jpg

I thought initially he'd be a backup player, but he came to show to be a quality signing, with very good defensive and passing play, even contributing a few goals. His injury at the end of the season probably cost us direct promotion and then the play offs. Ends contract now, will be renewed.
w5z5p.jpg

wLwTo.jpg

Reluctant to use him much after he showed a tendency to pick up cards, his lack of balance and flair. He's done well when used and I don't remember any remarkably bad game. Glad that he has one year remaining.

wLyaM.jpg

A good choice for the creative positions, his weak physicals are a concern, though, given the needs my systems place on midfielders, which has been the reason he's not played much. He'll be a useful back up.

wLmL1.jpg

His contract is close to end. Has played well as attacking midfielder or as defensive midfielder. Was being a very good replacement during Akbashev's injury, until he got one of his own. Another loss that cost promotion. He's earned a new contract. But he wants too much.
wL3MD.jpg

wL4II.jpg

He started very well, tough his performances have seemed to decline lately. I would sign him on a permanent deal, but his club refused and he's just signed a new contract. We'll see if next season we still need to bring him on a new loan.

We'll lose two or three out of the seven midfielders (remember Taranov will be used as midfielder next season). Plans for next season are: DM 1st Guliev, 2nd Taranov. CM 1st-2nd Akbashev/new player 3rd Shavaev. AM 1st New player 2nd Shavaev. Third new versatile player would be good to have.

Squad at the end of the season. Part 4: Forwards

Left wingers

wLWRU.jpg

He keeps rejecting talks, so it looks like we'll losing our only natural left winger. He's been our second best player. I will keep trying to keep him. He asks more than four thousand euros above what he can be offered. I'll wait till the end of the month and see if he takes them down.
wLhAN.jpg

wL9ts.jpg

We have this promising player in the youth team. He's still slow, but he can become a very valuable first team option, he's being promoted to the first team.

Right wingers

wLsqK.jpg

He's been very good, given the most assists. His low balance and finishing has possibly caused us to miss a few important goals, but many more have been had thanks to him. How was he available for loan is beyond me.

wL2hj.jpg

Technically excellent, mentaly very solid, his aging body lets him down and has been the reason I've barely used him, despite him giving us some very good performances. An injury right when I had made my mind to give him game time and bring him back to fitness during the winter friendlies meant he missed on that. Plus he decided to retire at the end of this season, something I've not argued.

Strikers

wLN5S.jpg

Top goalscorer of team and joint in division, though he went into a goal drought in the later third of the season from which he's still to come out. Very happy his contract still has a year so I don't have yet to worry to lose a key man as with Burmistrov. He can play as right inside forward, possibly the reason for his goal drought, as I've moved him there in the later matches.

wLvw0.jpg

Second of the three Alexey Pavlov. He's scored more than a goal per two matches, which is good. He had two goals in the last match against Kuban, but I'm not blaming him for staying down. He may stay or go out on loan, though it was injury that stopped him having time with us. Can play either wing.

wL1wt.jpg

Has been a disappoinment. Very far from his performances with Chita, he's just scored twice for us in double as matches as he played for them. His contract runs out and he's being let go.

wLBp4.jpg

Has provided both assists and goals to be one of the best three players of the team. I haven't tried to tie him in a permanent deal again but I will. I want him next season.

wLneJ.jpg

The last of the three Alexey Pavlov. Our hottest prospect. He's had less chances than I initially hoped to give him.

Left wing: 1st New player, 2nd Belousov or a second new player before him, 3rd A Pavlov

Right wing: 1st Kalenkovich, 2nd Alexey, 3rd Mullin, 4th A Pavlov.

Strikers: 1st Mullin, 2nd Shebanov, 3rd A Pavlov, 4th Pavlov. Maybe a new player will get there.

Three posts to avoid a page with too many pictures to load.

So let's sum up what Katsumi needs to look for in the summer:

One back up goalkeeper. If he can compete with Moulin for first choice is a bonus.

One starting left fullback and one centreback or two starting centrebacks.

One creative midfielder preferably advanced and one multitask if Makhmudov doesn't take a new offer in a month.

One starting left winger if Burmistrov doesn't sign a new contract. One winger who can play both sides would be a nice addition.

One striker.

Total: 1xGK, 1xDL, 1-2xDC, 1xAMC, 1?xMC, 1xAML, 1?xAML/R, 1xST.

And to let go: Semenov, Moro, Aliev. Loan out two out of the three Pavlovs.

End of season miscellaneous stuff 2020

There is still a way to go; but I shall immediately take a look at the players I can bring up to the Spain U23 team so I can think on the best tactic to use at the Olympics and what kind of squad to make.

Awards! Shebanov wins the Young Player of the Year. The top goalscorer is given to Grachev, with one assist less but a little better average rating. Shebanov and Burmistrov make it to the Team of the Year.
wKIGU.jpg

wKeZN.jpg

wKkOK.jpg

Club awards: Moulin, Guliev, Mullin, Shebanov and Bagaev make into the overall best eleven. For the season, it's surprising the young player is Alexey instead of Shebanov. I suppose fans don't like to choose loanees. A youngster picks the best goal. Akbashev is chosen as the overall best player, which is a surprise. He's done very well and deserves to be considered the best signing, but I'd place Mullin, Burmistrov and Shebanov ahead of him in this vote. I am of the same mind on the stats, where Shebanov excels at two.
wKlzj.jpg

wKzHs.jpg

The review is accurate. I would perhaps want to forget the match against Tosno more, but any match we were favourites and failed to win is a match that cost direct promotion.
wrTcS.jpg

We have new budget. Then we see a decrease in sponsors income.
wrwFt.jpg

wr3N4.jpg

Next update with the summer break should be on during the evening.

Summer break 2020

A Russian left back who is close to Lemos is found, which means Moglan can stay and claim his deserved status as key player.
w04eO.jpg

Also a backup goalkeeper is chosen among players ending their contracts.
w0W1p.jpg

Terekhov rejects the contract. Not suprising, considering he's played Europa League. I should have known Visser was wrong considering him realistic target. So it's time to look for the other choice, which is a bit worse. He's listed for loan but I can't offer a loan until the window is open. It's a few days so I'll wait. I'll loan with an option to buy.
w0hAo.jpg

Some targets are identified for starting centreback. The first, Tataev, doesn't want to talk due to the wage limit. Second choice also rejects us. Loans are offered instead.

Finally! One successful transfer: Kirisov agrees to come on loan, we've got new starting left fullback.
w0s8M.jpg

We get some off a transfer profit on one Shestakov.
w02sD.jpg

Almost everybody rejects talking on a contract or to come on loan. How can we have anything nice like this?. Okay, we can have a newly relaid pitch.
w09tI.jpg

Moro got angry because I've transfer listed him and marked as not needed. Not the best moment chosen, with my head hurting from looking at so many players to sign and how to get the signings we need I forgot how to say in either English or Russian that it's the foreign limit taking out the place for him.
w0NLU.jpg

Given that we won't be using him, nobody wants to sign him and he still had a year in his contract, I've decided to release him on a free. At least no mutual compensation and he gets the full money owed, that should remove the sting of this.
w01yN.jpg

Head physio Makhov has chosen to retire, a new one will be coming immediately.
w0BpK.jpg

Tosno has interest in Bagaev. Without new starting centrebacks there's no way I can accept anything for him.
w0Dgj.jpg

As expected, his agent wants a new deal for him. I will grant it, I don't want who is at the moment a first choice defender to be unhappy.
w0nks.jpg

The head physio has arrived.
w0a1S.jpg

w0pQt.jpg

Expectations: simply promotion because it's worthless the increase in budget when we are less attractive to players than Jabba the Hutt in slave Leia costume. Minimal in cup because I don't care about it, it's nothing more than a chance to build match fitness for some players.
w0xK4.jpg

Shebanov doesn't want to come, but his club doesn't want to loan him out. Very bad news.
w0Vs5.jpg

Players are taking very long to get rested and then the season begins much sooner than I expected, we only have time for three friendlies. I might squeeze five or six if I take risks but I don't feel too sure about doing that.

Bagaev signs his new contract, just after rejecting another offer from Tosno. Sokolov is the only loan that we can renew. Sergeev's team is asking us to make a really good offer, but those presented are being rejected one after the other.
w0ZvJ.jpg

w0miT.jpg

Uhm... Samedov isn't retiring? His contract can be extended. Yeah, he plans to retire. Keeping him would be useful the way transfers are failing, but I don't want to be a ***** and force him. I've asked him to reconsider. If he does, the extension will be triggered, if not I'll let him retire. There are a lot of players ending their contracts in a week and some I'm inclined to keep though initially I thought letting go. Taranov, Aliev and Zhvoglyadov are among the players I missed were running out.
w0vy7.jpg

Burmistrov accepts his abusive contract and I am happy he does. Makhmudov also takes one, not so abusive but considering a backup status, yes. I understand now how so many teams go to financial ****. It's taking abusive wages up their arses or knowingly going with a team that can't compete and nobody is willing to take the fall. How will players learn then? Zhivoglyadov, however, takes a much more reasonable. I almost hig him. I renewed Aliev's contract, given we've lost Shebanov and we'll need another striker which will be hard to find.
w0CxH.jpg

w0bgk.jpg

w0jkc.jpg

w0AB1.jpg

First friendly against Akademia Togliatti is an easy match that shows the team has not recovered and most were still tired. Then uninterested.
I can't make more friendlies or the risk of injuries will be too high.
w0QQ0.jpg

Stezhko is offered a new contract, as no worthy centrebacks want to come.
w0UKA.jpg

((I'm editing nicknames: AlePav, the DC, DM, MC is now Alex Pavlov, A Pavlov AMR/L, ST is now Alexey Pavlov, Pavlov remains Pavlov and Alexey is back to Alexey Fedorov))

We're tipped as second favorites to gain promotion.
w0cu2.jpg

We'll begin season without Mullin through injury.
w0dvq.jpg

Samedov doesn't change his mind and will retire.
w0MiC.jpg

We're having only two friendlies; as the players aren't recovering in time for the second I've cancelled the two left and made one new. I don't think I will be able to organize a second.

w073W.jpg

We get the back up keeper. Nothing great but we can't aspire to anyone better.
w0Xxi.jpg

Taranov has been offered a new contract on half his past wages. He'll be our emergency advanced midfielder. I've also ended renewing Semenov. He may provide some back up if we have trouble with injuries.

I get the update of board's confidence and it's secure, as it should.
w0O7Z.jpg

The second friendly, that won't be the last, after all. Is possibly a disaster. We concede a goaland fail to win, despite Pomazun not doing bad. Near the end we make it level. But the bad is Aliev got an injury at the start of the game. We may begin the season without proper first team striker. It didn't look too bad.
w0Ply.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
w0LBO.jpg

Goodbye season.

The last friendly goes much better. Not because of winning 4-1, but because there's no goals and Morozov shows he may be up to first team. He did do good during his loan.
w0iUp.jpg

w0fuM.jpg

That injury is brutal! Hopefully Morozov can step up and help you push for promotion