Keegan Resigns

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Newcastle hold talks with Keegan

Newcastle United boss Kevin Keegan is having talks with the club's board as speculation mounts over his future.

More...

He's going.

yeah its on ssn now hes gone hahaha whats the point. i heard when wise came in he was just waiting for keegan to do something wrong to get the job as the board want wise in

very strange though what a mess of a club

At least Liverpool aren't the biggest mess in the Premiership at the moment. Thanks Newcastle.

yeah its on ssn now hes gone hahaha whats the point. i heard when wise came in he was just waiting for keegan to do something wrong to get the job as the board want wise in

very strange though what a mess of a club

Will either be Wise or the Deportivo boss I reckons.

Mike Ashley is clearly an idiot. Obviously had quite an argument with keegan. Total mess of a club.

Edit-

Apparently the board are claiming he walked and wasn't sacked. Maybe his position was difficult but he always walks when things get tough

Second Edit-

The delightful Georgie Thompson tells me they think he hasn't gone anywhere. I'll listen to anything she says so he aint gone :p

Last edited:
i blame the whole Wise thing. I'm told he isnt being allowed to sign his own players and Wise is signing Xisco and that other boy while Wise wants shot of Barton and got rid of Milner against kev's wishes

:eek: really Kris, whats your source, every newspaper/website from 7 months ago?

Well i am sure most of you have heard. BBC don't seem to have posted on here yet and i wanted comments now :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7593683.stm

Slightly happy because Newcastle are in turmoil, but i liked Keegan so do feel sorry for him. West Ham and Newcastle in turmoil now - to be fair i don't like either club but still bad to see it happen.

So who is going to be Newcastle manager? or is that a daft question? Surely if Wise gets it the fans are going to be furious? Will Ashley therefore go for someone else?

Shearer is the only guy the fans would be happy with and he wouldnt go near them at the moment. It has to be someone foreign to work with Wise (to work in a management system with someone in Wise's role)....surely?

It was obvious he was going to go soon. He was at a premier league underperforming team who play boring football and thick fans who think the club is better than it actually is! Mike Ashley clearly does not have a clue! Maybe he can run a sports shop but he certainly cant run a sports club. To be honest i dont think Ashley could run a bath! Ill tell you what....its good to be posting again!:)

might be good to be posting again but did you even watch Newcastle?? KK was always a fan of great football and thats what Newcastle were starting to play, i'm really quite upset with the whole thing because he started well and im sure if he was left to his own he would have done something this season

Yeah they played really well against us. I don't particularly like him but he wants football played the right way, and has been treated badly. Newcastle's loss as yet again they become riddled with instability.

What have they done though in the past 3 years eh? Nothing! The fans think they are Man Utd by the way they act! They are dillusional! Fair Play Kevin Keegan wanted to bring entertaining football to St. James Park in itself that is a huge tak for a team like Newcastle but he should not have left the way he did!!

Im sorry but a team must really be desperate to call back a manger who has managed the club before! Yes maybe he did a OK job before but nowadays team look for the future! By the looks of things Newcastle look back!!!

To be honest i think that says it all about Newcastle!!

Allardyce will be the next manager....

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, they think they are much bigger club than they are. Most Toon fans are delusional and think they should be top 6 every year when the fact is they have been no where near for years! It was their fault for driving out Allardyce.

Although now expect them to revolt against this new turn of events cos understandably they want Ashley out (although it was funny how most probably liked him when he first came cos he was rich and brought keegan back).

in no way what so ever do i see a problem in bringing back old managers say 10 years down the line

Im sorry but a team must really be desperate to call back a manger who has managed the club before! Yes maybe he did a OK job before but nowadays team look for the future! By the looks of things Newcastle look back!!!

They say you should never go back, but if a person has such an affinity with a club, how can so no.....Newcastle are and absolute joke....and are mid table at best with the squad they have...without Given it could possibily have been a **** of a lot worse, last few years he has been only player there who has performed consistently well.

The delightful Georgie Thompson tells me they think he hasn't gone anywhere. I'll listen to anything she says so he aint gone

All hail Georgie Thompson

What have they done though in the past 3 years eh? Nothing! The fans think they are Man Utd by the way they act! They are dillusional! Fair Play Kevin Keegan wanted to bring entertaining football to St. James Park in itself that is a huge tak for a team like Newcastle but he should not have left the way he did!!

To be honest i think that says it all about Newcastle!!

Allardyce will be the next manager....

And what has Everton done in the last 3 years to merit the praise you seem to have for them? Nothing, exactly. We were a top 4 team not that long ago, better than what Everton have done. Also, how can you say Keegan only maybe did OK in the 90's? He almost won us the league twice, FA Cup twice, and had a win percentage of 58-60%, better than what Everton have done over the last decade or so.

Do your homework before critiscising(sp?) something you know nothing about.

Everton have been in europe on several occasions in the last few years without the money that newcastle have and Newcastle are a joke.

I don't care if we are a joke, I know we are, and it's because of that bafoon Ashley and his side kick Wise. What I was getting at was that he is critiscising Newcastle's achievements when Everton haven't exactly set the world alight, and their fans also think they are better than they are, even Moyes admits they're gonna struggle this year, but Everton fans can't.