"Keep Right On" Track: The Birmingham City Guide

Matty

Reaction score
Hi fellow FM fans,

After seeing a few guides for a certain things i have always wanted to make one of my own, although never really pinning down what it would be about. Until the other day when i saw a guide made by 'Godcubed' about my local rivals. This spurred me on to do one of my own about my own team.

It took me two evenings to put together, it is a basic interpretation on how to take on managing Birmingham City in the first season of FM11.

View attachment 119627

Hope you enjoy reading it as much as i did putting it together,

Let me know what you think, I would appreciate your thoughts & opinions...

View attachment 119692

View attachment 119693

Due to the size of the guide it needs to be in downloadable format instead of directly in the OP. If there are any other forms that would make it easier to access, i will try to do so on request. I recommend viewing in PDF for the best quality.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Informative, well-written, really helpful, extremely detailed. There is hardly anything you haven't covered, makes mine look amateurish by comparison. A useful bluenose, what is the world coming to? :p

Really well done mate, thanks for taking the time to do it.

Informative, well-written, really helpful, extremely detailed. There is hardly anything you haven't covered, makes mine look amateurish by comparison. A useful bluenose, what is the world coming to? :p

Really well done mate, thanks for taking the time to do it.

Cheers pal!!

Nice come back with the 'useful bluenose comment' shows you read it thoroughly :)

how about that a vile that can read ^^)

and it doesn't make yours look amateurish... it shows 3 years of being able to pull assignments out of MY *** at uni with no time left to do it in XD you will pick up this useful skill in the future, it will never leave you!

Great guide mate, nice work with this. You seem to play excatly the same as I do with West Ham with the home and away tactics. But I stay with Rigid home and away, might have to try going to fluid for home matches I should be dominating/winning.

Looks like you play quite deep defensive line away aswell, maybe you should move Ferguson down to DM so there isn't too much space between your midfield and defence? I started to do that after realising I was giving away a lot of goals from long shots due to the space and Since I started playing Kovac there they have decreased. You probably already know about that an have it covered but I thought I would mention it just incase.

Sorry if it is a bt off topic, but how do you read PDF's?

Great guide mate, nice work with this. You seem to play excatly the same as I do with West Ham with the home and away tactics. But I stay with Rigid home and away, might have to try going to fluid for home matches I should be dominating/winning.

Looks like you play quite deep defensive line away aswell, maybe you should move Ferguson down to DM so there isn't too much space between your midfield and defence? I started to do that after realising I was giving away a lot of goals from long shots due to the space and Since I started playing Kovac there they have decreased. You probably already know about that an have it covered but I thought I would mention it just incase.

Cheers mate, i used to stay rigid with both formations, but went for fluid once my team had got more used to the tactic and seemed to have good results so stuck with it. Although in all honesty Im a "fiddler" i mess around and tweak my tactics all the time for different teams and situations i don't just stick to the original idea.

I would love to move Fergie into the deep role, although on the game he doesn't play DM accomplished, and due to his age its not really worth attempting retraining for it. I have brought in a DM on previous saves and developed Brice Ntambwe "promising youth" to play that exact role in the future, as i agree the gap can cause a problem.

Thanks for the tip though, much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 07:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

Sorry if it is a bt off topic, but how do you read PDF's?

I can save it to a different file type if you don't want to download Adobe.

I would love to move Fergie into the deep role, although on the game he doesn't play DM accomplished, and due to his age its not really worth attempting retraining for it. I have brought in a DM on previous saves and developed Brice Ntambwe "promising youth" to play that exact role in the future, as i agree the gap can cause a problem.

Thanks for the tip though, much appreciated.

Ah I see, I thought he was a natural DM aswell as CM. No problem mate, thanks for the tips aswell.

Flicked through most of it, and it looks really well set out, and in sufficient detail! Well done mate!

I prefer not to follow guides myself, but im sure it will help those who to immensly.

Great work!

Great work, i was going to suggest you post the guild on the thread instead of making us download it but it is obviouse why you put it that way. Only problem i have is that sometimes the text can be hard to see on top of the backgrounds, maybe a colour that stands out more in those places?

Great now i have to add a brum save to my never ending list of teams i want to be :p

Any chance you could save it as a Word Doc?

Ye i originally created with word so could upload that one as well if you want.

Just thought it looked much smarter in PDF.

Great work, i was going to suggest you post the guild on the thread instead of making us download it but it is obviouse why you put it that way. Only problem i have is that sometimes the text can be hard to see on top of the backgrounds, maybe a colour that stands out more in those places?

Great now i have to add a brum save to my never ending list of teams i want to be :p

Ye i was originally going to just copy and paste it form the word doc i made it on, but as it got longer and longer i thought it would be stupid to have an OP thats that long!

Ye i thought that might be a problem with the text, although i made the pics transparent to combat it and on mine i can read it reasonably clearly.

Thanks for the tip though, i may amend it.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Could you put the guide in your OP?

Its 21 pages long. it would be ridiculous. I will upload it on word as well so its easier for people to access.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Flicked through most of it, and it looks really well set out, and in sufficient detail! Well done mate!

I prefer not to follow guides myself, but im sure it will help those who to immensly.

Great work!

Thanks mate, appreciate it :)

And ye tbh i don't really follow guides, slightly hypocritical some would say, i just enjoyed writing my own :$

Great guide mate.
Do you ever get down St Andrews and if so, where do you sit?

Great guide mate.
Do you ever get down St Andrews and if so, where do you sit?

Cheers pal, to regular Blues FM players everything iv said will be very much obvious XD

Ye been a season ticket holder for 15 years at the end of this season. I sit up the top of Kop Corner, only been there for 2 seasons, used to sit in the middle of the Tilton half way up.
I go about half of the away games a season too, would go to more like the old days, but finances, and other commitments prevent it unfortunately.

how about yourself?

Cheers pal, to regular Blues FM players everything iv said will be very much obvious XD

Ye been a season ticket holder for 15 years at the end of this season. I sit up the top of Kop Corner, only been there for 2 seasons, used to sit in the middle of the Tilton half way up.
I go about half of the away games a season too, would go to more like the old days, but finances, and other commitments prevent it unfortunately.

how about yourself?

Well I'm only 14, been going to the Blues since I was about 4.
Had a season ticket in the Kop Corner (Row 26) for 5 years I think.
Get to about 7/8 away games a season.

Ok, 1 complain.
The background makes the word hard to see

But overall good guide. :)