Kenny Dalglish puts himself in contention for remarkable Liverpool return

I dont think Kenny should go back,he left a legend and he should keep it that way.

Id go for Manuel Pellegrini. He was unfairly sacked at Real Madrid recently but i still think he's a class manager,done a great job at Villarreal.

Wouldnt mind him, but im wary of another Benitez :( He did great at Valencia.

Martin ONeill is my shout personally.

Nonono, Hate to see O'neil here Imo . Route 1 football, he's a cheeky get, and not really good enough, has been around for a while and spent a fair bit of money, oh, and he may bring Heskey back :D
Your opinon i guess

This is a bit like the Shearer scenario in some ways, although Dalglish has had experience before I suppose.
You suppose? Have you seen Dalglish's record as manager? Very impressive reading.

benitez did well at liverpool. he had his flaws, but he was a good manager. but i as a united fan i can sat he was unfairly targeted by the media and undermined by the board.

i belive pool should offer pellegrini a 1 year deal. his a proven winner simple as.

benitez did well at liverpool. he had his flaws, but he was a good manager. but i as a united fan i can sat he was unfairly targeted by the media and undermined by the board.

Agreed.

Honestly, I like the idea of Pellegrini. Bring him in, he's a class manager. I think he'd do a good job.

2 major cups :/

On topic: I cant see Kenny putting himself for manager.

2 major cups :/

On topic: I cant see Kenny putting himself for manager.

His son (Paul) gave an interview in the States the other day confirming that his dad wants it. And the old players mafia gave the game away straight off the bat with their clamour for him to return. Lot of smoke for there to be no fire.

Can see the benefits of him stepping in, but he's setting himself up for a huge fall. And I want to remember him for that glorious football of '88 and his dignity in 89 rather than having him crucified in the press or every night on Numptytalk FM or whatever.

If Hodgson comes then that means Yanks spending 8-10 Million just to switch manager. This is ridiculous in current circumstances. ...

It was a very bad timing to offer Rafa mutual termination.
I wish this would have happened after the club gets new owners.

If Hodgson comes then that means Yanks spending 8-10 Million just to switch manager. This is ridiculous in current circumstances. ...

It was a very bad timing to offer Rafa mutual termination.
I wish this would have happened after the club gets new owners.
it wasnt bad timing. they wanted rafa out.

Pellegrini turned down Inter Milan so I don't know why he would take the Liverpool job unless he wanted to challenge himself in PL football.

Seems everyone disagrees but I want Kenny to get the job, much rather someone who cares for the club and has proven he is a good manager than some over-hyped manager who doesn't give a **** about the club.

What are liverpool thinking letting him pick their manager. Remember what he done to us? John Barnes? 2nd worst manager in our history. I just hope he can get liverpool the qyuality manager their fans deserve.

Seems everyone disagrees but I want Kenny to get the job, much rather someone who cares for the club and has proven he is a good manager than some over-hyped manager who doesn't give a **** about the club.
Most people are saying that this'll damaged his rep' with the club, but i agree with you, nothing can make him less of a hero, he done well last time, BUT he'll ALWAYS put LFC FIRST

I really dont want Kenny back as manager.True he done a great job in the 80s and early 90s but he has been out of management too long now.Like management is a lot more complicated these days and i personally dont think he cuts it to be manager.Im not dissing kenny now,fair enough he is a legend for what he has done but he doesnt have any relevant experience in modern football.

Dalglish would be a terrible appointment, you can all quote his record of 20 years ago but the man has lost the plot and is a bit of a nutter these days, he's no Sir Trevor Brooking.