Kezza96's Attempt at the Ultimate Champions League Challenge

Kezza96

Reaction score
Apologies if you are annoyed at the fact that this is the 4th story on this challenge.

View attachment 296553

The Ultimate Champions League Challenge- My Attempt!
So, I have started! I have embarked on a quest to win the champions league with every former winner, from Red Star Belgrade to Real Madrid. I hope to complete as much of this challenge as possible and Become the greatest manager of all time!

The 1st team I have selected is...
View attachment 296554
Barcelona!

Hopefully this story can interest a lot of people. I am sorry if there are delays between some updates throughout this challenge, as I am also in an intriguing save with Cardiff (That I should have done a story on).

August update up soon!

Last edited:
August

View attachment 296567
No transfers were made as my team is good enough to win everything, especially with this man in the team:

View attachment 296568
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Liga BBVA

Barcelona 2-0 Real Sociedad
Song, Fabregas

Spanish Super Cup 1st Leg

Barcelona 1-0 Real Madrid
Villa

Liga BBVA

At. Madrid 1-4 Barcelona

Villa (2), Iniesta, Mascherano

Spanish Super Cup 2nd Leg

Real Madrid 0-2 Barcelona

Fabregas, Adriano

______________________________________________________________________________________________

So, overall a very good month, but it was overshadowed by this that happened during the first match:
View attachment 296569

Gutted! However, the main aim of the challenge is to win the Champions League, and He will be back in time for the knockout stages. We will get through easily!

View attachment 296570

Player of the month
View attachment 296571
David Villa

Month Rating: 8/10

Last edited:
Just forgot to put in a league table (Doh!) but it will be up in the September update.

September

View attachment 296857

Barcelona 2-1 Valencia
Villa, Alves

Getafe 0-3 Barcelona
Iniesta (3)

Champions League Match 1

Barcelona 1-0 Panathanaikos
Villa

The scoreline here didn't really reflect our dominance in the game. We had 33 shots compared to their 3, so we probably should have won by more!

____________________________________________________________________________________

Barcelona 3-0 Granada
Thiago, Villa, Fabregas

Sevilla 1-4 Barcelona
Xavi, Villa, Iniesta (2)

Another easy month where we dominated all of our matches. What makes it even better is that we are doing this without Messi!

Player Of The Month
Iniesta

View attachment 296860

League and Champions League Tables
View attachment 296862View attachment 296861

Could you screen shot your starting line up, struggling to get the best out of certain players.

Last edited:
Good luck :)

Starting at the big teams seems like a clever way to go about this challenge, get your reputation up then take up the challenges of building teams into Champions.

October
View attachment 296884

Champions League Match 2
Schalke 1-0 Barcelona

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Very annoyed at this result, we should be winning games like this in the Champions League, home or away.
[/FONT]

Barcelona 3-0 Real Madrid
Villa (3)

Deportivo 0-1 Barcelona
Villa

Champions League Match 3
Barcelona 5-0 Nordsjealland
Fabregas, Villa(2), Sanchez(2)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Much better here, a strong result even though it is against the weakest team in the group.
[/FONT]

Rayo 0-0 Barcelona

Amorebeita 1-3 Barcelona
Thiago, Song, Pedro

Good win vs Real Madrid but the games against Schalke and Rayo must not be repeated. Nevertheless, top of the league and looking fairly comfortable in the CL!

Player Of The Month

David Villa
View attachment 296888

View attachment 296889View attachment 296890

November
View attachment 296914

Barcelona 3-0 Celta
Villa, Sanchez, Pedro

Champions League Match 4

Nordsjaelland 0-6 Barcelona
Iniesta, Messi, Villa, Fabregas (2), Sanchez

We thrash them again!

Mallorca 1-0 Barcelona

Barcelona 2-0 Zaragoza
Villa, Iniesta

Champions League Match 5

Panathanaikos 0-5 Barcelona
Villa (2), Xavi, Sanchez, Iniesta

Our goalscoring form in the CL continues.

Levante 1-4 Barcelona
Villa, Messi, Pedro, Xavi

Barcelona 10-1 Amorebieta- Spanish Cup 4th Rnd (2nd Leg)
Messi (7), Busquets, Fabregas, Pedro

Things got "Messi" Here!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A very high goalscoring month with our disappointment coming against Mallorca.

Player Of The Month

Lionel Messi
View attachment 296921

View attachment 296922View attachment 296924

Good going in the champions league... with a squad like that you should be one of the first to win it!! Are you aiming to get the big clubs done first then onto the smaller ones? Think that is what i will do, as once i have completed the big guns then others might have improved ie Forest and Villa, or have wicked regens ie Ajax, Porto. The trickiest ones will be Steaue and Red Star!!

Keep it up and good luck!

Good going in the champions league... with a squad like that you should be one of the first to win it!! Are you aiming to get the big clubs done first then onto the smaller ones? Think that is what i will do, as once i have completed the big guns then others might have improved ie Forest and Villa, or have wicked regens ie Ajax, Porto. The trickiest ones will be Steaue and Red Star!!

Keep it up and good luck!
Thanks! Yeah, I'm planning on doing exactly that, but If I win the CL this season and a team like Forest is the only team available then I will take it!

December

View attachment 296944

Barcelona 3-1 Athletic
Messi (3)
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

Champions League Match 6

Barcelona 3-1 Schalke
Messi, Iniesta, Villa

We win the group.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Betis 2-4 Barcelona
Fabregas, Xavi, Villa(2)

R.Sociedad 1-1 Barcelona (Cup 5th Rnd Leg 1)
Puyol

Barcelona 5-1 Osasuna
Messi(2), Iniesta, Thiago, Pedro

Barcelona 6-0 R.Sociedad(Cup 5th Rnd Leg 2- 7-1 Agg)
Messi, Iniesta(3), Villa, Puyol

Valladoid 3-3 Barcelona
Pedro, Fabregas (2)

Squandered a 2 goal lead in the Valladoid game which means we drop to 2nd. We get Benfica in the CL!

Player Of The Month

Lionel Messi

View attachment 296945

League Table
View attachment 296947

Last edited:
just looking at your team and wondered why Pique was on the bench and Puyol was starting :S

Last post mucked up so I deleted it. Tired now, I may finish the season tomorrow and hopefully move on to a new club!