Kidderminster Harriers: The Journey to the Football League and beyond?

Reaction score
Steve Burr Resigns as Kidderminster Harriers Manager!
View attachment 241426
Steve Burr has resigned from his job as Kidderminster Harriers Manager, it appears that he believes he has taken the club as far as he can. The feeling around the club is they want to give the job to someone who loves the club and will put everything into making sure that the club can get back up to the promised land of the Football League. This has led many to believe that there is a chance of one of the players becoming the next manager as a player manager.Even with Gary Whild stating that he would "love" to become the manager of the club.

The candidates are:

Gary Whild
View attachment 241432
Gary has been the Assistant Manager at Kidderminster Harriers for 1 year after he took the job in the summer of 2010, he is understood to be extremely interested in taking the jump from being the assistant manager to the manager.

Steve Guinan
View attachment 241433
Despite the fact that Guinan hasn't even played a game for Harriers yet, he is the most experienced player within the squad as well as already being a coach as well.

Mike Williams
View attachment 241470
Despite being just 24 and having only played for Kidderminster for a season, he has managed to be put into the frame since he is the captain of the team. There has been no response from Mike about the situation.

Matty Lawton Appointed as the new manager of Kidderminster Harriers
Mark Serrell has announced the appointment of Matty Lawton. This has come to the shock of many people who support and work for the club. Mark only said one thing about Matty "He has loved the club since he was a child". The appointment has happened with a certain amount of mystery around it and until we learn more I guess Matty Lawton will be able to settle in and see what he's got to work with.

good start mate.

Cheers mate, didnt know what to put for the next section so I decided to make the manager a bit of mystery his first press conference will be coming up soon :) then ill just put the pre season games and signings then a month by month review :)

The Kidderminster Shuttle

Matty Lawton talks for the first time

Journalist: What past experience do you have in football?

Matty Lawton: This may worry some of the fans but this is my first job in football. I have always loved football and particularly had an interest in Kidderminster Harriers.

Journalist: Why do you have a particular interest in this club?

Matty Lawton: I was born in Kidderminster and ever since I was a young boy I always wanted to end up becoming a manager. I never thought I'd get the opportunity to manage my dream club.

Journalist: Do you have an idea of how you want the team to play?

Matty Lawton: I went to every game last season and I noticed that they play the long ball which never really worked to much so I want to take that out of the teams game. Having said that I also noticed when they keep it on the ground they can knock the ball around really well and create chances, this is something I want to take advantage of.

Journalist: Do you know any potential comings in and goings out?

Matty Lawton: I don't think that any players will be leaving at the moment but if an offer comes in I will consider it. On bringing players in I will be looking into bring a striker or two in so that I can have people who will definitely put their chances away. A left winger and a right winger are also on the agenda I want to create a sense of width within the team. I will look into more options throughout pre season.

Journalist: Thank you for taking the time to talk to us.

Matty Lawton: Thank you for listening to me.

i'll give this a follow mate, good luck.
my ex supports kiddy, she goes everyhome and most away games :D

Pre Season
Kidderminster Harriers 1-2 Crawley Town
Nick Wright (7) Jon-Paul Pittman (17)
Matt Tubbs (67)

I was really proud of the team today, the game was very even with them just shading it on possession and we had 2 more shots than them. The only thing that really made me think was the fact that we had 11 shots and only managed to get 2 on target.

Attendance: 574

MOTM: Nick Wright
View attachment 241534

Airbus 0-2 Kidderminster Harriers
Kyle Storer (Pen 31)
Callum Gittings (37)

In a game where I thought that we were going to get a comfortable victory. Well this game was anything but simple Airbus gave us a real game and deserved at least a draw from the game.

Attendance: 161

MOTM: Lee Vaughan
View attachment 241541

Gainsborough 0-0 Kidderminster Harriers

This was an absolute bore draw we dominated the whole game yet created very little. With this being the last game of pre season I am very worried that we might not be able to create as many chances as I would like.

Attendance: 141

MOTM: Jack Byrne
View attachment 241542

Overall I have been quite disappointed with the pre season the squad doesn't look like a squad that can fight for the play offs so I am glad I selected mid table finish as my target.

i'll give this a follow mate, good luck.
my ex supports kiddy, she goes everyhome and most away games :D

lol cheers mate, only ever been successful with kiddy on fm11 so this should be interesting to see if i can do well on this. I dont even know your ex but she sounds cool supports an amazing team xD lol

August
Luton Town 3
Danny Crow (13)
Mike Williams O.G (60)
Jake Howells (77)

Kidderminster Harriers 1
Jamille Matt (72)

This was an absolute shocking performance from the lads, I know that Luton are expecting promotion at the end of the season but I really expect better performances. We were thoroughly outplayed and were really lucky that Luton only managed 3 goals when they could of had about 7.

Attendance: 7057

MOTM: Dean Beckwith (Luton Town)

View attachment 241545

Kidderminster Harriers 3
Dave Hankin (23)
Adam Bailey-Dennis O.G (58)
Nick Wright (pen 79)

Braintree Town 2
Chibuzor Chilaka (12)
Kenny Davis (76)

Once again not a convincing performance from the Harriers but we still got the result. After a terrible start we managed to regroup and get two goals both were a bit scrappy and didn't show the type of football i had wanted to bring to Kidderminster. Luck was obviously on our side because after Braintree had equalised we got a very dubious penalty which Nick Wright tucked away. My main thought is we need to improve a lot.

Attendance: 1915

MOTM: Dave Hankin
View attachment 241546

Bath City 1
Joe Burnell (43)

Kidderminster Harriers 1
Kyle Storer (pen 33)

The poor form continues as we were by far the worst side in this match but managed to hold onto a point. I am really starting to get worried that we will not be able to get anywhere near the play offs this season.

Attendance: 1170

MOTM: Daniel Lewis
View attachment 241547

Kidderminster Harriers 1
Britt Assombalonga (52)

Forest Green 1
Reese Styche (55)

This was by far the best performance from the lads and at the final whistle I was really left with a sense of what could of been. We had a lot more chances and the better chances, hopefully we can keep performing like that but put away a couple more of our chances.

Attendance: 1908

MOTM: Chris Allen
View attachment 241564

Kidderminster Harriers 1
Kyle Storer (pen 49)

Mansfield Town 1
Paul Connor (20)

After last game I was hoping that the lads would put in that sort of performance but take their chances, however this performance was horrendous. Mansfield had 19 shots to Kidderminsters 2 this told the whole story. I never want to see a performance like that all season and I let the players know that.

Attendance: 2004

MOTM: Daniel Lewis
View attachment 241547

Lincoln City 2
Ryan Brooke (36)
Sam Smith (80)

Kidderminster Harriers 2
Albert Jarrett (45)
Nick Wright (59)

This was a very even game and I think a draw was a fair result, definitely one of the better performances that the lads have produced this season. We created plenty of chances in what was a very open game with both teams left thinking that they should of scored more.

Attendance: 2266

MOTM: Nick Wright
View attachment 241565

Overview of the month
Not really that pleased with this month we haven't played anywhere near the standards I expect. Having said that I think that without us playing fantastically we have still managed to go 5 games unbeaten. I just hope we can start picking up our performances sooner rather than later.

Basically I'm stuck downloading files such as game addons and additional leagues and its winding me up a treat! I download a file, then it doesn't even let me open it... I know you have to save it into an editor file but that's about it. Can you help me out please? I'd appreciate it!

Basically I'm stuck downloading files such as game addons and additional leagues and its winding me up a treat! I download a file, then it doesn't even let me open it... I know you have to save it into an editor file but that's about it. Can you help me out please? I'd appreciate it!

Sorry mate I aint got any add ons :/ really wish I had downloaded the january update though before i started this story could of had Anthony malbon and marvin johnson in my squad lol

No worries mate, sorry to post irrelivant stuff but nobody can seem to help me! I'd like to say I know who they are, but I don't follow lower league football, I'm a Gooner haha!

No worries mate, sorry to post irrelivant stuff but nobody can seem to help me! I'd like to say I know who they are, but I don't follow lower league football, I'm a Gooner haha!

Not enough people do should go watch some sometime lol Blue Square Bet Premier is a brilliant league the football aint bad at all and you just cant predict whats gonna happen lol

doing alright mate keep it up. and naa shes my ex. she aint cool. if she was my girlfriend then she'd be cool :p

Make the Font smaller....And dont bold all your text.

Like this. :)

September

Now that the transfer window is closed, I can release the full list of transfers in and out of the club.

Transfers In
Jordan Clark from Barnsley (Loan)
Britt Assombalonga from Watford (Loan)
Albert Jarrett (Free)
Sam Winnall from Wolves (Loan)
Michael Harriman from Q.P.R (Loan)
Erik Opsahl (Free)
Dan Gray from Chesterfield (Loan)
Thomas Cruise (Free)

Transfers Out
None

I am quite happy with my signings during the transfer window they add some strength in depth and I think that they can have some really positive affects on the squad as a whole.

Kidderminster Harriers 2
Nick Wright (36)
Callum Gittings (39)

Stockport County 0

In what was by the best team performance of the season so far, we managed to run out 2-0 winners. We looked like scoring everytime we went forward and at the back we were very professional and managed to reduce Stockport to long range shots. I really hope that we take this performance into our next game but as has been the pattern so far this season we could just under perform.

Attendance: 1833

MOTM: Nick Wright (Kidderminster Harriers)
View attachment 241730

Grimsby Town 2
Daniel Lewis O.G (4)
Anthony Elding (86)

Kidderminster Harriers 0

Even though we lost this was a fantastic performance from the lads created loads of chances but just couldn't put them away. Nick Wright could of had a hat trick considering he hit the post 3 times, but as has been the case before this season I was left with a sense of shock that we hadn't managed to get 3 points from the game let alone 1 point.

Attendance: 2343

MOTM: Anthony Elding (Grimsby Town)
View attachment 241731

Kidderminster Harriers 3
Albert Jarrett (20)
Nick Wright (25, 72)

Ebbsfleet United 1
Michael West (17)

Despite going behind this game was a very comfortable victory and probably the best performance of the season. This game allowed the players to express their creative sides as throughout the 90 minutes Ebbsfleet failed to close our players down. In a game which could of ended with 6 or 7 goals for us saw us kept down to 3 by some marvellous goalkeeping from Joe Welch.

Attendance: 1258

View attachment 241730

Cambridge United 2
Josh Coulson (41)
Michael Gash (67)

Kidderminser Harriers 2
Nick Wright (53)
Jordan Clark (63)

Not matter what form we were in going into this match it was always going to be tough! In a first half absolutely dominated by Cambridge they missed a hat full of chances, and just when it looked like we might be able to hold onto half time Josh Coulson struck. This was a massive blow but I just told the players to get out there and try their best, the team talk worked because we dominated the second half despite the fact that Cambridge managed to equalise from being 2-1 down.

Attendance: 2001

View attachment 241730

Kidderminster Harriers 0

Hayes and Yeading 1
Tom Cadmore (87)

Absolutely gutted is the only way I can describe how I feel after this result. We had some very clear cut chances which we missed and has me really worried about our ability to convert our chances into goals. Next game I am hoping for a improvement even though we are against top of the league Fleetwood Town.

Attendance: 1340

MOTM: Tom Cadmore (Hayes and Yeading United)
View attachment 241732

September Overview

I am a lot happier with this months performances than last month but there is still a lot of room for improvement and I will be seeking to that out of them over the next few games. If we can manage to put a good run together we could start moving up the league.

League Table:
View attachment 241733

Everwhere we gooooo-o!

Good work on this so far mate, still following. You just need to turn those draws into wins and you'll be right up there!

Everwhere we gooooo-o!

Good work on this so far mate, still following. You just need to turn those draws into wins and you'll be right up there!

cheers mate and yeah i know :p you gonna be going to aggborough on sat?? cause ive gotta feeling that WE ARE GOING UP SAY WE ARE GOING UP xD