Kidderminster Harriers: The Journey to the Football League and beyond?

cheers mate and yeah i know :P you gonna be going to aggborough on sat?? cause ive gotta feeling that WE ARE GOING UP SAY WE ARE GOING UP xD

dont live in kiddy anymore so dont get to many home games. Could be playoff time though...we can do Mansfield and i think Fleetwood would wanna go out at home on a good note after winning the league so they'll beat Luton.

I'll definatly be there for the playoff games!

dont live in kiddy anymore so dont get to many home games. Could be playoff time though...we can do Mansfield and i think Fleetwood would wanna go out at home on a good note after winning the league so they'll beat Luton.

I'll definatly be there for the playoff games!

Fair does :P im buzzing for saturday lmao ill be checking my phone every two minutes to see the luton score xD and ive got three more games to do then ill put the update up for this month :)

October

Fleetwood Town 1
Gareth Seddon (79)

Kidderminster Harriers 1
Jordan Clark (70)

In my eyes this is a fantastic point, my main focus going into this was to just try and keep the score down so to draw the game was a real shock to me. Throughout the game Fleetwood dominated and tested the quality of our defence and for most of the game we passed the test. Best defensive performance I've seen all season from the lads and we took our chance when we were granted it, lovely tap in from Jordan Clark after Britt Assombalonga set him up.

Attendance: 2024

MOTM: George Donnelly (Fleetwood Town)
View attachment 241863

Kidderminster Harriers 2
Nick Wright (42)
Tom Sharpe (48)

Wrexham 0

Before kick off Wrexham were 2nd so this win was a fantastic achievement for us and we thoroughly deserved it. We dominated the whole game and the only time Wrexham looked like scoring was in the last 5 minutes. I know I seem to be saying this a lot but this really was the best performance this season and we just seem to be getting stronger and stronger as the season goes on.

Attendance: 1583

MOTM: Tom Sharpe (Kidderminster Harriers)
View attachment 241866

Tamworth 1
Duane Courtney (44)

Kidderminster Harriers 4
Tom Marshall (60)
James Vincent (65)
Callum Gittings (82, 90+3)

Despite the final score this game really was quite close especially in the first half where I felt unlucky to go in 1-0 down due to some terrible marking. However I told them that I wanted to see more and the lads went out there and performed brilliantly.

Attendance: 744

MOTM: Callum Gittings (Kidderminster Harriers)
View attachment 241869

Kidderminster Harriers 1
Britt Assombalonga (47)

Newport County 1
Darryl Knights (48)

In a game where I think we were the better team I felt a bit down because as soon as we took the lead, we were pegged back from a terrible goal to concede defensively. The first half was pretty much forgettable with not much happening. But the second half sprung the game to life with the two goals and in the 87th minute I'd thought we'd won it but Britt Assombalonga's goal was ruled out for offside.

Attendance: 1558

MOTM: Britt Assombalonga (Kidderminster Harriers)
View attachment 241871

Kettering Town 3
Leon McKenzie (55, 58, 77)

Kidderminster Harriers 4
Nick Wright (6)
Rui Marques O.G (20)
Marcus Kelly O.G (50)
Luke Jones (68)

Well what can I say? Can a team have anymore luck than we had during this game? 2 own goals and them having a goal disallowed when it should of stood. Other than that I felt we were the better team in the first half and thoroughly deserved our 2-0 lead at half time. Then at half time Kettering brung on Leon McKenzie and what a substitute he turned out to be. Brilliant game and full credit to Kettering Town they certainly played their part in the game.

Attendance: 1431

MOTM: Leon McKenzie (Kettering Town)
View attachment 241879

FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round

Kidderminster Harriers 3
Jamille Matt (3)
Callum Gittings (15)
Tom Marshall (Pen 60)

Stafford Rangers 2
Mike Clemence (6)
Jay Wright (87)

This was a pretty simple easy game with the only real complication coming after they had pulled the score back to 3-2. Jamille Matt managed to score for the first time since the first game of the season I think and that really pushed him and he had a fantastic game. During this game I did give a few youngsters and people who haven't been starting a chance and they managed to get the job done.

Attendance: 1394

MOTM: Jamille Matt
View attachment 241881

October Overview
Could I really ask for a better month? We've gone the whole month unbeaten and all the performances this month have warranted that! Some amazing football has been played by the lads and they can all go into next month with a sense of confidence that they are going to win the game. More of the same next month I hope.

League Table
View attachment 241885

I watch my local team St. Neots who play in the Evo-Stik league... Great fun, 2 promotions in 2 years!

November

Kidderminster Harries 2
Jamille Matt (16)
Daniel Philliskirk O.G (30)

Darlington 0

An out of form Darlington came up against an in form Harriers side and thats exactly what happened really. We dominated and managed to reduce their number of shots to 6 with only 1 of those being on target. This was a professional performance and the team didn't play their best simply because they didn't need too.

Attendance: 1477

MOTM: Luke Jones (Kidderminster Harriers)
View attachment 241999

Alfreton Town 1
Paul Clayton (2)

Kidderminster Harriers 2
Nick Wright (3, 89)

This was the most undeserved win I've seen in a very long time, credit to Danny Lewis for making a string of fine saves and keeping us in the match. Alfreton were by far the better team and have every right to feel aggrieved by this result because we were appalling.

Attendance: 899

MOTM: Nick Wright (Kidderminster Harriers)
View attachment 242000

FA Cup 1st Round

Chelmsford City 2
Luke Jones O.G (42)
Ben Nunn (56)

Kidderminster Harriers 3
Kyle Storer (69, 90+1)
Michael Briscoe (88)

What a turn around from the lads, they showed great fighting spirit to get themselves back into the game. The first 80 minutes were absolutely terrible and despite us scoring other than that we managed to mount no offence, but then in the last 10 minutes it was chance after chance and I could sense a goal. Briscoe was the man who looked to of saved our blushes but the lads weren't done yet and Storer headed his second goal to complete a brilliant comeback.

Attendance: 888

MOTM: Kyle Storer (Kidderminster Harriers)
View attachment 242001

View attachment 242002

Kidderminster Harriers 2
Jamille Matt (20)
Luke Jones (87)

Gateshead 0

Winning this meant we went level on points with Gateshead but we stayed behind them on goal difference. This was a very even game with both teams having spots of dominance and they both had equally good chances it just happened that we took our chances and they didn't take theirs.

Attendance: 1934

View attachment 241999

AFC Telford 1
Robbie Williams (68)

Kidderminster Harriers 3
Nick Wright (10, 90)
Tom Sharpe (42)

This was the 3rd poor performance this month despite the fact that we managed to win, I feel Telford were a lot more creative and threatening its just once again we managed to take our chances when they were presented to us. Nick Wright keeps up his fantastic form this season by scoring another 2 goals.

Attendance: 2797

View attachment 242000

Kidderminster Harriers 3
Nick Wright (22)
Jamille Matt (57)
Andrew Owens O.G (83)

Southport 1
Steven Akrigg (29)
Steven Akrigg sent off (38)

This was quite a weak performance from Harriers but we once again still managed to win which has been the common pattern of recent weeks. Southport seemed a lot stronger after they received the red card and that worried me but since he scored against Stafford Jamille Matt has been scoring more often and managed to help settle mine and the teams nerves with a goal.

Attendance: 2036

MOTM: Lee Vaughan (Kidderminster Harriers)
View attachment 242005

November Overview
This has been a brilliant month with us picking up 6 wins out of a possible 6 in all competitions, having said that performances are worrying me and I don't know whether we'll be able to keep performing as we are and still win. My main aim for the season is going to be to try and finish in the play offs since we seem to be nicely tucked inside them at the moment, I really don't think we will be able to catch Fleetwood because of our porr start to the season.

League Table
View attachment 242006

Lol. Nick Wright is quality for you!

Yeah lmao hes brilliant because half the other goals are actually assisted by him xD i just play him as a complete forward with the other striker being a poacher, tell you something its really hard to get the best out of Jamille Matt but he's getting there lmao

December

FA Cup 2nd Round

Cambridge United 1
Michael Gash (42)

Kidderminster Harriers 4
Callum Gittings (25)
Britt Assombalonga (32)
Nick Wright (44)
Jamille Matt (64)

A fantastic performance from the lads secured our place in the 3rd round of the FA Cup where we have been drawn away at Bradford City. During this match Cambridge never looked like winning since every chance they had seemed to be very tame and not very threatening, their goal came from a nothing ball in all honesty. Nick Wright scored yet again which after the game led to Fleetwood offering £10,000 for him, a bid that was rejected.

Attendance: 2018

MOTM: Michael Harriman (Kidderminster Harriers)
View attachment 242121

Barrow 2
Adam Boyes (45)
Lennell John-Lewis (55)
Andy Ferrell sent off (77)

Kidderminster Harriers 2
Kyle Storer (48, pen 53)
Lee Vaughan sent off (59)

Apart from the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half this was a very boring game where no one really dominated and both teams pretty much cancelled each other out. I am quite dissappointed with this point because I feel that this really was a game that we should be winning.

Attendance: 897

MOTM: Kyle Storer (Kidderminster Harriers)
View attachment 242126

FA Trophy 1st Round

Forest Green Rovers 0

Kidderminster Harriers 2
Nick Wright (64, 84)

In a pretty even game 2 Nick Wright goals managed to hand us a place in the 2nd Round of the competition where we will be at home to Eastwood. This game was a game where both teams had good opportunities where the score could have been a lot higher but due to poor finishing it ended just 2-0.

Attendance: 1021

View attachment 242130

Kidderminster Harriers 3
Nick Wright (5)
Luke Medley (66, 85)

York City 0

Fantastic performance from the team as whole but more importantly Luke Medley and Jamille Matt both put in brilliant performances which helped the team. York never really looked like scoring at any point during the game which made this game pretty easy for my team.

Attendance: 1817

MOTM: Luke Medley (Kidderminster Harriers)
View attachment 242131

Kidderminster Harriers 2
Jamille Matt (42)
Tom Sharpe (49)

Luton Town 2
Collin Samuel (11)
Danny Crow (90+2)

In a game where a draw was definitely the right result I just felt so down that we didn't manage to hold onto the three points which seemed destined to be staying at Aggborough. However I think this was a good performance from the lads because they showed a great desire to win the game which they didn't show at Kenilworth Road earlier in the season.

Attendance: 2459

View attachment 242138

Braintree Town 1
Ben Wright (34)

Kidderminster Harriers 3
Tom Marshall (16)
Sam Winnall (24)
Jordan Clark (33)

In this game I decided to rest a couple of the regular starters such as Nick Wright and Jamille Matt this was because I was in the middle of a very congested christmas period. Even with a weak side we still managed to win the game with relative ease.

Attendance: 528

View attachment 242131

Kidderminster Harriers 2
Jamille Matt (13, 28)

Bath City 0

Jamille Matt put in a fantastic performance and managed to grab 2 goals thanks to two fabulous assists from Nick Wright and Luke Medley. This was a really easy game and Kidderminster never really had to put much effort in.

Attendance: 1979

MOTM: Jamille Matt (Kidderminster Harriers)
View attachment 242155

December Overview
After a 3rd consecutive month unbeaten I really am starting to feel that promotion is an option this season. I have to say that the performances this month have been really good and since I have been play Luke Medley he has been excellent. It also looks like we could be about to have a good cup run in both tournaments which would be really good for the club financially.

League Table:
View attachment 242169

January
Forest Green Rovers 1
Callum O'Connor (11)

Kidderminster Harriers 2
Luke Medley (14)
Albert Jarrett (26)

In a game where I decided to rest some players we managed to overcome fellow play off chasers in what was a very close game. Luke Medley managed to put in another fantastic performance this time I decided to play him upfront instead of on the wing. Forest Green will feel aggrieved that they didn't get a point because they had some fantastic chances to equalise.

Attendance: 994

View attachment 242226

FA Cup 3rd Roun

Bradford City 1
Thomas Marshall (76)

Kidderminster Harriers 3
Luke Jones (44)
Nick Wright (45+2, 57)

This was the most impressive performance I have seen in a very long time and we deserved to go through because Bradford rarely threatened our goal. We were very creative and managed to carve Bradford on several occasions and who else but Nick Wright to grab himself a brace.

Attendance: 6329

View attachment 242228

FA Trophy 2nd Round

Kidderminster Harriers 2
Jordan Clark (72)
Britt Assombalonga (84)

Eastwood Town 0

Eastwood must have thought they were going to hold onto a draw after we had spent 70 peppering their goal with shots but not managing to stick the ball into the back of the net. Then substitute Jordan Clark came on and scored 41 seconds after entering the field of play. This then led to more chances where we eventually doubled our lead through Britt Assombalonga.

Attendance: 1499

View attachment 242226

Kidderminster Harriers 1
Joe Anyon O.G (51)

Lincoln City 0

In a game which could of gone either way we managed to ****** it as a Jamille Matt shot came crashing back off the bar and it Joe Anyon on the back and went in. Lincolin definitely had the better chances but thanks to Danny Lewis he managed to keep a clean sheet.

Attendance: 2156

MOTM: Daniel Lewis (Kidderminster Harriers)
View attachment 242230

FA Cup 4th Round

Portsmouth 3
Dave Kitson (34)
Erik Huseklepp (54)
Luke Varney (84)

Kidderminster Harriers 0

It has been a really good cup run and going into this game I have to admit I wasn't very optimistic about us winning since Portsmouth are top of the Championship. I am proud of the boys because they went out and gave a performance to be proud of, they managed to create many chances but failed to put one away.

Attendance: 14008

MOTM: Erik Huseklepp (Portsmouth)
View attachment 242232

January Overview
We were finally beaten this month but we are still unbeaten in the league, which means we are now four months unbeaten in the league and we are closing in on Newport County and Fleetwood. This month has seen some very lucky results going our way and apart from the Eastwood and Bradford games I don't think we have deserved the victories we have received.

League Table
View attachment 242233

Fleetwood just dont drop points do they??? lol

thought you'd be up with them by now....great few months

Fleetwood just dont drop points do they??? lol

thought you'd be up with them by now....great few months

I know lmao getting a bit frustrated but if I win my game in hand and then beat them I shouldnt be to far behind them :P and next update will be up on Tuesday at the latest Ive just got a lot of college work to do :/

February

Mansfield Town 0

Kidderminster Harriers 0
Kyle Storer sent off (70)

You will never find a more relieved manager than I was when that final whistle went because throughout pretty much the whole 90 minutes Mansfield were the more threatening team. This made me think that our unbeaten run was about to end to an inform Mansfield Town side.

Attendance: 1663

MOTM: Daniel Lewis (Kidderminster Harriers)
View attachment 242642

FA Trophy 3rd Round

Kidderminster Harriers 2
Nick Wright (26, 56)

Histon 0

This really was quite a straight forward result nothing dramatic and Histon never really looked like causing a shock. Nick Wright managed to keep up his scoring with two wonderful finesse finishes from just inside the area.

Attendance: 1516

View attachment 242654

Ebbsfleet United 0

Kidderminster Harriers 1
Nick Wright (74)

This was a really boring game not many chances being created. Kidderminster were in control and any time it looked like Ebbsfleet might create a chance our defence stopped them.

Attendance: 851

View attachment 242661

Kidderminster Harriers 1
Luke Medley (44)

Cambridge United 1
Mauro Vilhete (7)

This game saw us dominate but not manage to turn chances into goals which really frustrated me because this was a game I really wanted to win. Cambridge started the game brightly and rightfully took the lead and they seemed to just settle for the win from there and we went on to score and they just didn't change their style of play so we had many more chances.

Attendance: 1844

View attachment 242662

Hayes and Yeading United 0

Kidderminster Harriers 1
Jordan Clark (15)

The only point that Hayes looked like scoring in this game was in the last 5 minutes and even then they were long range shots. Clark was given a start instead of the misfiring Jamille Matt and showed why I should be starting him with a lovely chip over the Hayes keeper.

Attendance: 480

View attachment 242663

Stockport County 0

Kidderminster Harriers 2
Albert Jarrett (36)
Jamille Matt (76)

In a game where an inform Stockport side completely under performed and allowed my Harriers side to record a very easy 2-0 victory. Albert Jarrett scored a drilled effort from just inside the area and gave Kidderminster a fully deserved lead. Then second half substitute Jamille Matt managed to end a goal drought which had spanned over 400 minutes of football.

Attendance: 2570

View attachment 242664

FA Trophy Quarter Final

Kidderminster Harriers 0

Luton Town 0

For the third time this season my Kidderminster side failed to beat Luton despite dominating the whole game and hitting the woodwork 4 times. I left this game really wondering whether there is some sort of magic force that just doesn't want us to beat Luton this year because we had so many chances.

Attendance: 2306

View attachment 242662

FA Trophy Quarter Final Replay

Luton Town 1
Amari Morgan-Smith (78)

Kidderminster Harriers 3
Jamille Matt (49, 61)
Mike Williams (87)

The Luton curse ended as Kidderminster passed through to the Semi Finals where they will play Mansfield another side we haven't beat this year. Jamille Matt came off the bench to score twice and become the hero for Kidderminster on a day where they really needed a victory. Morgan-Smith made me worried when he pulled it back to 2-1 but then Mike Williams put the game behind doubt without a lovely header.

Attendance: 3720

View attachment 242664

February Overview
This month has been a bit frustrating because we've had so many chances to score and not score many. Kidderminster have been quite solid at the back though and have proven many a time this month that they are one of the best defences in the league. Now that we have fallen away from Fleetwood a bit I want to try and secure 2nd position so I can hopefully have the easier tie in the play offs.

League Table
View attachment 242665

March

Wrexham 2
Jake Speight (75, 84)

Kidderminster Harriers 2
Nick Wright (4)
Jamille Matt (58)

To drop points after having a two goal lead is always disappointing but this was absolutely devastating because it was against one of our play off rivals. I felt that whilst Wrexham did deserve at least a point we really should of held on but two errors from Michael Briscoe cost us and after run of poor games for Briscoe I am sad to inform you I released him to free up some of the wage budget.

Attendance: 3325

MOTM: Jake Speight (Wrexham)
View attachment 243139

Kidderminster Harriers 3
Nick Wright (26)
Kyle Storer (pen 54)
Jordan Clark (60)

Tamworth 0

Pretty routine with a really easy victory for Harriers side in the end. We basically dominated the whole game and Tamworth looked very lacklustre and showed why they are practically relegated and we basically showed why we're near the top.

Attendance: 1771

View attachment 243143

FA Trophy Semi Final Leg 1

Kidderminster Harriers 0

Mansfield Town 0

Harriers were the better side and really would have deserved to win and it was another case of failing to hit the back of the net. Mansfield Keeper had a brilliant game and ended keeping them within the game and he managed to deny Nick Wright from point blank range.

Attendance: 2258

View attachment 243144

Kidderminster Harriers 2
Matthew Flynn O.G (3)
Kyle Storer (pen 59)

Fleetwood Town 2
George Donnelly (16)
James Baxendale (23)
Alan Goodall sent off (58)

This was the game where I thought I had to win to stay in the chase for the title having said this it was also the most worried I have been losing a game since we played them last time. Fleetwood were good but Kidderminster were just better and would have fully deserved the 3 points should they have got them.

Attendance: 2059

View attachment 243143

FA Trophy Semi Final Leg 2

Mansfield Town 1 (1)
Martin Riley (80)

Kidderminster Harriers 3 (3)
Luke Medley (31, 85)
Nick Wright (58)

We went into this game having drawn with Mansfield on the previous 3 meetings this season between the side, and for the first 20 minutes it certainly looked like a stalemate but a Luke Medley header set Kidderminster well on their to win the game and send themselves into the final of FA Trophy where we will play Fleetwood Town.

Attendance: 2096

View attachment 243146

Newport County 2
Felino Jardim (23)
Jonathan Obika (65)

Kidderminster Harriers 4
Jordan Clark (11)
Tom Sharpe (32)
Gary Warren O.G (55)
Jamille Matt (81)

This game was huge with Newport being 2nd before kick off and Kidderminster being 3rd despite us having two games in hand. It was important that we showed Newport we weren't going to be afraid to attack and we weren't as we bombarded their goal for lengthy part of the matches.

Attendance: 2688

View attachment 243147

Kidderminster Harriers 2
Mike Williams (35)
Luke Medley (40)

Alfreton Town 0

Kidderminster didn't play to their full potential but they didn't need to because Alfreton were shocking. 2 goals in 5 minutes were enough to ensure that Kidderminster got the 3 points and kept up their charge to win the title.

Attendance: 2068

MOTM: Mike Williams (Kidderminster Harriers)
View attachment 243148

Darlington 0

Kidderminster Harrier 2
Jordan Clark (7)
James Vincent (24)

Yet another performance which saw Kidderminster not try their best but just do as much as it took to gain the three points. I am liking the mentality where the players just do enough to win the game and not waste energy trying to thrash teams, this means they will have more energy for the bigger games.

Attendance: 1216

View attachment 243143

Gateshead 0

Kidderminster Harriers 1
Jordan Clark (39)

This was a very easy game and once again as has been the way Harriers have played recently saw them do just enough to win the game. Gateshead never really created much and Kidderminster looked a lot more threatening were going forward.

Attendance: 1020

View attachment 243150

Kidderminster Harriers 4
Britt Assombalonga (1, 32)
Luke Jones (52)
Tom Sharpe (60)

Grimsby Town 0

Kidderminster's charge towards the Blue Square Bet Premier Title gained more speed as we destroyed an inform Grimsby side. Kidderminster started the game very brightly by scoring after 36 seconds and that form carried on throughout the match and that really was the reason why they won, they outplayed Grimsby and fully deserved the points.

Attendance: 1938

View attachment 243147

March Overview:
Fantastic month for Kidderminster in the cup and league and I really feel that we have picked up the pace and are essentially hoping that we might be able to close the gap which Fleetwood have over us. Tom Sharpe and Nick Wright both have had a fantastic month and they have really helped us pick up the results this month.

League Table:
View attachment 243153

Fleetwoods Run In:
View attachment 243154

Kidderminster's Run In:
View attachment 243155

April

Kidderminster Harriers 1
Jamille Matt (40)

AFC Telford 0

Local derbies are always quite cagey affairs and this was exactly like that both teams seemed reluctant to show their game plans and basically just sat defending for large parts of the match. Jamille Matt got a wonderful chance in a game where chances were few and far between, he managed to despatch it curling it around a defender and the goalkeeper.

Attendance: 3073

View attachment 243223

Southport 3
David McDermott (3, 18, 23)

Kidderminster Harriers 1
Tom Marshall (47)

By far the worst performance of the season, the players just didn't look interested. Southport fully deserved the three point however in the end it didn't matter because they still got relegated.

Attendance: 565

MOTM: David McDermott (Southport)
View attachment 243226

Kidderminster Harriers 3
James Vincent (39)
Jamille Matt (82)
Luke Jones (85)

Barrow 1
Paul Rutherford (54)

This was anything but straight forward Barrow made us work for the 3 points and I think we were very lucky to get them. Jamille Matt has been a shining star since Nick Wright has missed the past 2 games and managed to hand us the lead in the 82nd minute which was a goal which literally just hit him and went in.

Attendance: 2158

View attachment 243227

Kidderminster Harriers 2
Ben Mantom (29)
Jamille Matt (31)

Kettering Town 1
Moses Ashikodi (70)

This game saw me rest regular starters and quite a few youngsters got a game. I did this because we can't win the title and we've got 2nd place secured. 16 year old Ben Mantom got his first senior goal for Kidderminster Harriers with a lovely run and then a neat finish into the bottom corner. Jamille Matt also managed to keep up his form with a headed goal from a corner.

Attendance: 2105

View attachment 243223

York City 1
Matty Blair (80)

Kidderminster Harriers 3
Luke Medley (14)
Jamille Matt (21)
James Vincent (48)

A routine win which allows us to go into the play offs with a bit of form and with a striker who just can't stop scoring. A very easy game for the Harriers in the end despite York pulling a goal back through ex-kiddy player Matty Blair.

Attendance: 2731

MOTM: Dean Lyness (Kidderminster Harriers)
View attachment 243229

April Overview:
Apart from the loss to Southport everything went to plan this month I managed to secure 2nd which meant I could rest a few players for the last couple of games. In the play offs we will be facing Newport County who for a long time this season looked like they were going to be either 2nd or 3rd and they ended up 5th.

League Table:
View attachment 243232

May

Blue Square Bet Premier Play Off Semi Final Leg 1

Newport County 1
Tommy Doherty (48)

Kidderminster Harriers 1
Luke Medley (90)

I think we may have just about been the better team throughout the game having said that I also feel that we didn't create enough chances to win the game. Newport took the lead 3 minutes after the break with a wonder goal from 25 yards this was their first shot and target and surprisingly their last. Harriers hit loads of long range shots at the Newport goal but failed to score until Luke Medley picked up the ball from his own penalty area took on 4 defenders before chipping the ball over the keepers shoulder. What a goal to equalise with.

Attendance: 5058

View attachment 243293

Blue Square Bet Premier Play Off Leg 2

Kidderminster Harriers 3 (4)
Jamille Matt (4, 8)
Luke Jones (36)

Newport County 1 (2)
Elliott Buchanan (15)
Jonathan Obika sent off (2)

After a really good first half the second half was quite boring with chances few and far between. Jamille Matt managed to keep up his fine form of late scoring to tap ins after Jonathan Obika was sent off for a two footed lunge on Kyle Storer. Elliott Buchanan managed to pull a goal back with a header from a yard out. Luke Jones settled the game with a header of his this time after Jamille Matt had seen his header crash of the bar it just landed on Luke's head and went in. This result has seen us make the Play Off Final where we will face Luton Town.

Attendance: 5749

View attachment 243294

FA Trophy Final

Kidderminster Harriers 2
Jamille Matt (62)
Nick Wright (65)

Fleetwood Town 3
Magno Vieira (14)
George Donnelly (68)
Sean Clancy (111)

This game was really close and ended up being settled during extra time. Fleetwood didn't look like the team that had just walked away with the league title if anything Kidderminster looked more like the champions as they created many chances but could only put 2 of them away. Jamille Matt and Nick Wright both got their Wembley moments as they turned the game on its head to give Kidderminster the lead but thanks to George Donnelly and Sean Clancy the game would flip around again and see Fleetwood lift the trophy.

Attendance: 34287

Blue Square Bet Premier Play Off Final

Kidderminster Harriers 2
Jamille Matt (73)
Michael Harriman (76)

Luton Town 2
Stuart Fleetwood (42)
Stuart Beavon (90)

(Kidderminster Harriers win 3-1 on penalties)

After a long, hard and tough season we have managed to get promoted even if we have done it the hard way through the penalty shoot out and I think we deserved to get promoted no one gave us a chance at the start of the season but a 31 game unbeaten run really gave us a chance. Both teams had opportunities but the best definitely went the way of Kidderminster and they really should have wrapped the game up before extra time let alone penalties but oh well it doesn't matter how we did it! All the matters is next season we will be applying our trade in the Football League.

Attendance: 38824

MOTM: Michael Harriman (Kidderminster Harriers)

Top Goalscorers:

1st. Nick Wright (26 goals)
2nd. Jamille Matt (22 goals)
3rd. Jordan Clark and Luke Medley (9 goals)

Top Rated Players:

1st. Michael Harriman and Nick Wright (7.17)
2nd. Luke Jones (7.16)
3rd. Tom Sharpe (7.14)

Fans player of the season:
Nick Wright

* sorry about lack of pictures the picture uploader wasn't working :)

Back