Kingstonian FC - SW London's Finest

olliexcore

Reaction score
Hello!

Long time viewer, first time poster. Finally got to grips with FM2020, have been a casual player since the days of CM 97/98 but lockdown has enforced an addiction upon me. I've taken Bradford City from League Two to the Premier League and EURO Cup (after being sacked by Spurs and Sheffield Wednesday in successive seasons at the start, oops) but become a little bored, so I thought I'd take my local side Kingstonian from the Isthmian Premier to compete with London's heavyweight sides.

Kingstonian are a semi-pro side who don't actually play in Kingston any more. AFC Wimbledon bought their ground Kingsmeadow, and have sold it to Chelsea to play their ladies and youth games there. They now groundshare with Corinthian-Casuals at King George's Field in Tolworth. The Super K's had some minor success in the early 2000s with a stay in the Vauxhall Conference and back-to-back FA Trophy wins, and are predicted to finish 1st in the Isthmian Premier as we come in (in real life, languishing in mid-table pre-lockdown).

Hope you enjoy, would appreciate your feedback and any help you can provide, and here we go!

Friendlies have gone okay, heavy defeat to Notts County but expected as they're 3 divisions above us. Sadly lost star striker Eddie Dsane in pre-season to injury. Taken on a couple of trialists on permanent deals, let's see how they pan out.

friendlies.png

August

August20.png

Excellent first month in charge of the Super K's, surging up the table to the dizzying heights of 2nd. The month included a comprehensive victory over (one of many in this league) local rivals Carshalton Athletic and a thrashing of Brightlingsea at King George's Field (which looks nothing like it does in real life on the game).

August20T.png

Player of the month for August is Fabio Saraiva, topping the assists chart for the division already and chipping in with 3 goals to make him joint top scorer.

Saraiva.png

We have Ossett Town in the 1st qualifying round of the FA Cup in September, along with another derby against former landlords Leatherhead. Come on you super! HOOOOPSAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

September

Sept19.png

Excellent progress in the FA Cup but stuttered a little in the league, including a first loss of the season against promotion rivals Bognor. This spell of mixed form sees us crash out of promotion contention, falling behind the second best team on White Hart Lane Haringey Borough, but hopefully just a temporary stutter in our charge through the Isthmian Premier. September brings us Chelmsford who are a division above us in the FA Cup 3rd qualifying round, and our debut in the Velocity Trophy against Chichester.

Sept19T.png

Saraiva continues to impress on the left wing, but my player of the month for September is Sonny Carey, on loan from King's Lynn. He's put in some impressive shifts deployed as a deep-lying playmaker.

Carey.png

October

Oct19.png

An absolute barnstormer of an October sees the Super Hoops progress in 3 cup competitions and rise to 3rd in the Isthmian Premier. The K's beat Vanarama South promotion contenders Chelmsford in the FA Cup in a replay, along with coming away from White Hart Lane with a great result against Haringey, but the crowning achievement is the dismantling of landlords Corinthian-Casuals in the King George's Field derby. November sees exciting but tricky encounters against playoff rivals Lewes and Wingate & Finchley and an FA Cup First Round tie against Slough of the Vanarama South, let's hope this rich vein of form continues.

Oct19T.png

Fabio Saraiva is still impressing to the extent I've taken to singing his name to the tune of Destiny's Child's Survivor, although fitness issues mean he will stop, and is not going to work harder. Player of the Month for October goes to Luke Hirst, one of the aforementioned trialists I took on that apparently has League Two-level potential. He's now the top scorer for the campaign with 12 goals, and with Eddie Dsane returning from injury and firing, keeps our frontline in fine fettle. We've also taken Lewis Collins on loan from Newport County who is purported to be of League One quality; from his showings so far, including a hat-trick against Harlow, expect him to be featuring in this story over the coming months.

Hirst.png

November

Nov19.png

November was dominated by cup competitions, but what a month! Highlights include an unbelievable couple of ties against Hungerford (the first of which we were initially 4-1 up in) and a Desmond away at League One's Shrewsbury Town, whose lineup included Chelsea's young star Billy Gilmour on loan. Can't wait for the replay at King George's Field - can the K's go one round further than their real life equivalents this season? Could the K's welcome a top-flight side to Tolworth? It seems anything is possible this season. Things are still going well in the league and we could leapfrog the thus far irrepressible Margate by beating them at the KGF, so long as the Super Hoops don't slip up against high-flying Merstham or Haringey.

In other news, sadly former POTM Sonny Carey's loan move from King's Lynn has been terminated by his parent club, as he wasn't being played enough in their favoured position.

Oct19T.png

Even in a month where Luke Hirst's goal tally has reached 20 (in November!) my player of the month is Eddie Dsane. A close call between him and former Southampton youngster Ollie Cook at centre-back, Dsane (in the membrane) has been banging them in and his partnership with Hirst up top has been absolutely on fire since his return from injury.

Dsane.png

December

Dec19.png

Pretty rubbish month to end 2019 as the K's crash out of two cups and fall behind Isthmian Premier pacesetters Margate and Lewes. A particular lowlight was the 5-1 defeat away to Haringey Borough, perhaps manager Ollie Connors was distracted gazing over at the lovely Tottenham Hotspur stadium at the end of the road. The Shrewsbury and Stockport defeats were disheartening but understandable given they were against higher level opposition. Hopefully the New Year's Eve victory will galvanise Kingston's finest heading into 2020.

Dec19T.png

Slim pickings for player of the month in December but I'm going with Lewis Collins, marking a nice change in this story by actually having a face in-game.

Collins.png

January

Jan20.png

A better January overall with big home wins but our loss to Lewes sees them way out of sight - automatic promotion probably won't be on the cards this year for the K's. Last month's POTM Lewis Collins requested his loan be terminated because he was being played out of position and Luke Hirst throws a wobbly because we haven't signed anyone - we're not made of money Lukey Boy! This challenge seems a lot more challenging all of a sudden. Thankfully the goals of "Steady" Eddie Dsane and this month's pick for POTM Tashi-Jay Kwayie are keeping us firing into February, which includes a Velocity Trophy quarter final against Maldon & Tiptree. Come on Kingston!

Jan20T.png

Kwayie.png

February

Feb20.png

A pretty good February after a rubbish winter - hope springs eternal indeed. Lewes still look out of sight at the top of the tree but we have a cup semi-final to look forward to, which is always fun. It's also nice to be "best of the rest", even if only by a single point. Eddie "And The Jets" Dsane and Luke Hirst are both now on 23 each for the campaign which is mad, and Saraiva's on 18 assists. It's Eddie Dsane who picks up my POTM and is the first repeat winner, although Ollie Cook and last month's winner Tashi-Jay Kwaiye both ran him close. I couldn't actually find a picture of him in Kingstonian colours, so here he is in his Whyteleafe days instead.

Dsane2.jpg

Feb20T.png

March

March20.png

Well, well, well. Another storming month for the Super K's including a massive win in the King George's Field derby and we have a title race on our hands! Lewes are faltering and there's now just 3 points in it at the top of the tree. We're in the Velocity Trophy final too, against... blow me down, it's Lewes again. We go into an exciting April where the first game up is Lewes at the KGF on the 4th (my real life birthday, fact fans), and the new contract I've signed needs me to go up to the Vanarama South as champions...no pressure! My player of the month is Fabio Saraiva, who's on course to be the division's player of the league and the assists leader. What a lovely smiley man, even if he has no stamina. Come on you K's, let's do this!

Saraiva2.jpg

Mar20T.png

April

Apr20.png

Even though on the face of it this looks a decent month, the loss to Lewes hurt our promotion chances massively. We're still within a shout at 4 points behind, but it's a slim chance and if we don't go up via the playoffs, I could pay the price after just a season in charge. We have playoff rivals Margate and Haringey amongst our May fixtures along with our cup final (which we'll probably lose, Lewes absolutely outplayed us), let's hope for a slip-up or two from East Sussex's finest. Player of the Month and, let's face it, probably player of the season is Fabio Saraiva, here he is featured playing against Kingstonian which I found amusing. Our youth candidates arrived as well, nothing at all to write home about.

Please don't sack me K's.

Saraiva3.jpg

Apr20T.png

May

May20T.png

Kingstonian FC are Isthmian Premier League champions!

May20.png

Another storming month means the Super K's will be a Vanarama South side next season! Lewes were overcome by the Super Hoops not only in the league but also in the Velocity Trophy final, meaning we are double winners! An excellent, record-breaking season, I've met pre-season expectations by topping the division and breaking all sorts of records in the process. As predicted before, Fabio Saraiva wins Player of the Season by an absolute landslide; between his goals and assists, he contributed towards 49 goals which is astounding stuff. Eddie Dsane was excellent, as were Lewis Collins and Luke Hirst (for the part of the season he could actually be bothered to play) but the left-winger was absolute dynamite for us all campaign.

I'll do a pre-season catch-up but with a 2.5k transfer budget don't expect much in the way of movement. I think this side are good enough to survive in the Vanarama South next year but we shall see. First season success! Well in Kingstonian!

RBs.png

EoS1920.png

Attachments

• EoS1920.png
    EoS1920.png
    191.4 KB · Views: 75
Season 20/21 Preview

So if anyone's interested, Liverpool did the Premier League and FA Cup double, Real Madrid won the Champions League and Spain won Euro 2020. We've brought in a few trialists on deals, and announced an affiliate link with the club from my first FM2020 career, Bradford City. They won League Two last season, and I've taken one of my favourite young talents from my Bradford save Eliot Goldthorp on loan. I'm also excited by the signing of John-Lewis, if only for the pun potential.

Transfers2021.png

We're expected to finish top half by the board this season and odds put us 5th from top, so this division may be easier to navigate than first imagined. Not saying two promotions on the trot are on the cards, but excited to probably not go straight back down. We;ve also announced a small expansion to King George's Field, if our ambitions are truly realised we might start to encroach on the Aldi headquarters next door...

Vanarama South here we come, come on you K's!

August

Aug20.png

Well. Well, well, well. What an absolute barnstormer of a month! We've started with a rocket up our collective bottoms and find ourselves top of the Vanarama South! Unbelievable scenes, our only loss comes against Aldershot (who lie third) and local rivals Hampton & Richmond are put to the sword at The Beveree. Even an away trip to Cornwall sees the Super K's come away with a result!

Player of the Month is Luke Hirst, with an incredible 7 goals in 6 games, 2 of those coming off the bench. His morale's still poor after last season's temper tantrum (reflected in his soulful but sad blue eyes below), but he and Lenell John-Lewis are firing on all cylinders. Next month sees games against second placed Wealdstone and (relatively) local rivals Dorking Wanderers - can this form continue? Stay tuned to find out!

EDIT: Lennell John-Lewis won the division's Player of the Month award and I won Manager of the Month!

Hirst2.png

Aug20T.png

Attachments

• August20T.png
    August20T.png
    221.2 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Sep20.png

After a flight...a crash. The Super K's have a difficult September, including consecutive matches where we go down to 9 men (the latter being the win against St Albans, how rubbish must they be?!). Sad to see us fall out of the FA Cup at the first hurdle, was hoping for a run like last year. We're still in the playoff spots and only two points off top which is wild after that form, but I feel this might be us reverting to type after an incredible August. Slim pickings for September's PotM, but I've gone with my namesake Ollie Cook, the defender is about the only one in the side not to be wildly inconsistent/get sent off.

Sept20T.png

Cook.png

October/November

OctNov20.png

Weirdly I only had two fixtures in October, so this is a double bubble. A mixed set of results that see the top of the table settle for the long haul, though after last season's overturn of Lewes, who knows? Talking of which, it was nice to get one over my old foes from the Isthmian Premier, but a home draw against hipster favourites Dulwich Hamlet was a bit of a letdown. Player of the Month is Francis Vincent who's been instrumental alongside loanee Eliot Goldthorp in the middle of the park, but massive shoutouts too to Stanley Asomugah, whose goals have ensured Lennell John-Lewis' absence through long-term injury has been missed a little less.

EDIT: Asomugah and Eddie Dsane grabbed 2nd & 3rd respectively in the division's Player of the Month, and I came 3rd in the Manager of the Month for November!

OctNov20T.png

Vincent.png

Last edited:
December

Dec20.png

A decent month, the two division leaders continue to pull away but K's do enough to stay in promotion contention. It's a bumper January with 7 fixtures, including (hopefully) a furthering of the FA Trophy run, but top of the pops for December is a return for Eddie Dsane, here pictured emulating Stone Cold Steve Austin's WHAT gimmick.

Dsane3.jpg

Dec20T.png

January

Jan21.png

A decent-ish month as in more green than red in the results column, but disappointing to lose to mid-tablers Truro and Dover. Even more disappointing to crash out of the FA Trophy, no more cup football for us this season, but we do the double against local rivals Hampton & Richmond, which is nice. With a sense of humour firmly stuck in the last decade I'm chuffed to announce the signing of Adebayo Akinfenwa, who even at 38 years old has ruffled Lennell John-Lewis' feathers to the extent he's unsettled a couple of other players too - that lad has quite some presence. Player of the Month is former Spurs and Southampton youngster Rio Glean who's been turning in some excellent performances from either wing, despite being played out of position.

Akinfenwa.png

Jan20T.png

Glean.png

February

Feb21.png

A good month, and looking at the table below, the top two may not be as out of reach as first thought as we go into the final throes of the season. Solid win in the (sort of) Surrey derby, unsurprisingly a 38 year old Adebayo Akinfenwa is not very good. Who is good though is Rio Glean, player of the month for the second time in a row, pictured below in Southampton colours challenging young Spurs left-back Dennis Cirkin. What I hadn't realised is that Luke Hirst (now with fairly good morale after a new contract signing) is leading the average rating for the division and is second top scorer in the league. Francis Vincent is second in average ratings, and Fabio Saraiva has logged the second most assists in the league.

EDIT: I also finished second in the manager of the month!

Glean2.jpg

Feb21T.png

March

Mar21.png

An excellent month, with a wild game against Tonbridge Angels and a thrashing of our old enemies Lewes. The Super K's rise to 2nd in the table and guaranteed playoff football, and looking at the table, could an unlikely title race be afoot? Considering the distance of Aldershot at one point, and last season's heroics, a second straight automatic promotion may not be beyond the realms of possibility. Our stellar form earns awards aplenty for the Super Hoops, with a Player of the Month gong for Stanley Asomugha (with Fabio Saraiva not far behind) and a manager of the month award for yours truly. Keep your eyes peeled for an interesting April...

Asomugha.png

MotM.png

Mar21T.png

Asomugha2.png