Kingstonian FC - SW London's Finest

December/January

DecJan28.png

Overall, a pretty good festive period. December went very well and our only loss in the League comes courtesy of Shrewsbury, who at least are playoff contenders. We crash out of the FA Cup but still going strong in the Leasing Trophy, would be nice to add some silverware to the cabinet since I never won the FA Trophy. Just after I made that giant praising last post salivating over Smithson-Connelly, Jemar South-Thomas hit a four goal salvo against Forest Green - I wonder if on some level he knew?

Anyway, still six points (!) atop the League One table and going strong. The aforementioned Smithson-Connelly is out injured sadly, but it seems to be going okayish without him. Also you'll notice a new name in the top performers, we splashed £100k on Charlton's Audwin Willett who only had 6 months left on his contract but we were absolutely desperate for a right-back.

SquadJan28.png

Jan28T.png

February/March

FebMar28.png

Still all going extremely well, the only losses coming at the hands of second and third spot - not that it's done much good for them as the Super K's have gone soaring 9 and 11 points above them respectively. I still can't quite believe how easily League One football has come to us, our squad is barely League Two quality yet we're on the verge of automatic promotion. Sheer insanity. This'll be another Neil Smithson-Connelly worship post, but the record speaks for itself - 37 goals in 43 appearances. Sheffield United are letting his contract run out in the summer and inevitably he'll be bad in the Championship (if I manage to sign him) but for now, he's my favourite FM20 player. What a guy. Sadly we've lost Mike Pilkington to another broken leg (made of crisps) but we should have enough to cope for the rest of the campaign.

We've got a Wembley final in April to look forward to and unless everything falls apart completely, the end of a whistle-stop stay in League One. Championship here we come? Keep your eyes peeled and COME ON YOU K's!

SquadMar28.png

Mar28T.png

April/End of Season

Apr28T.png

CHAMPIONES AGAIN! CHAMPIONES AGAIN! OLE OLE OLE!

An absolutely phenomenal effort from the lads sees us secure the League One title, our third title in a row! Unbelievable!

Apr28.png

A cracking last month including capping off the season with a thrashing of Forest Green Rovers sees us go up to the Championship, so close to the Premier League we can almost taste it all the way from the Isthmian Premier. Oh - and we win the Leasing Trophy as well! Double bubble! A phenomenal season, and while I'll concede it was a team effort (the League One team of the season being all Kingstonian bar the right-back paying testament to that), the man, the myth, the legend Neil Smithson-Connelly sweeps the end of season awards. Wins the fan's PotS by an absolute country mile, wins the divisional player of the season, wins manager Ollie Connors' heart for all time with 38 goals in 44 appearances - simply phenomenal. Talking of me, I celebrate my 40th year (god that's depressing to read, even in game) with a manager of the season award.

I start a new job tomorrow so these updates may get a bit fewer and further between, but still excited to play with the Super K's in the Championship. COME ON YOU SUPAAAH! HOOOOOPSAAAAAAHHHHH!

EoS2728.png

PotS28.png

MotS28.png

August/September

Sept28.png

So last time I checked in we were on the precipice of the Championship, and I'm sure the question on everyone's lips is - how is it going? Well, rather well actually, hammering the likes of Sheffield Wednesday, Newcastle and early frontrunners Birmingham City to a solid 7th place. The losses have been tight, the draws have been rare, and the Carabao has been fruitful, beating Premier League opposition in West Ham and Cardiff en route to a 4th round tie with Liverpool.

The squad is a very different proposition these days, recieving an almost complete overhaul in the summer. Sadly, the boy Neil Smithson-Connelly couldn't resist the bright lights of New York City, joining NYC FC. Our board still won't upgrade our training or youth facilities beyond basic but did give me a decent transfer budget over the summer. George Barnes has looked like an absolute bargain, but it's a returning former loanee in Stephen Peden who's really stood out, with an incredible 12 in 13 so far. As a real life Spurs fan I couldn't resist signing Dennis Cirkin and Kazaiah Sterling, having apparently not learned my lesson from Eddie Carrington or Max Robson who weren't good enough for the VNS.

Could a fourth title on the trot be in the offing? That might be a bridge too far for the Mighty K's, but it'd be nice to be in playoff contention in our début Championship season. Stay tuned for more updates from the Breyer Group Stadium, where we now groundshare with Leyton Orient.

Transfers2829.png

SquadSept28.png

Sept28T.png

October/November

Nov28.png

So how's it going as we head into the festive period? We're 8 unbeaten in the league but as most of them are draws, we continue to sit just outside of the playoffs in eighth. The defeat to Liverpool is not as heavy as expected, and talking of whom, we sign one of their youth castoffs for free in Vince Barnes who looks more than decent for this level. Hope we can turn a few of these draws into wins, we're still lacking the requisite quality to really compete this season but hey - at least we're not going down!

Peden still leads the way in performances, Stacey and George Barnes have been excellent in midfield (though Vince Barnes will be providing stiff competition) and Buisson, Hopkins and Smith have proved good quality signings. Here we go into December and January, when we welcome Manchester United to the Breyer Group Stadium in the FA Cup Third Round! Worlds away from the Isthmian Premier. COYKs!

SquadNov28.png

Nov28T.png

Just opened FM2020 for the first time in a while and all my saves are gone :( any idea how I might be able to retrieve these? Completely gone from the games folder.

Strange how many problems people have with files. People mention this all the time. Hope future versions of the game will be better.