Realistically then points that should have been given haven't meaning points won't add up (e.g. 3 points maximum or 2 points for the draw would be given for each tie) both don't submit then 0 points will be given so the league won't be complete.

Realistically then points that should have been given haven't meaning points won't add up (e.g. 3 points maximum or 2 points for the draw would be given for each tie) both don't submit then 0 points will be given so the league won't be complete.

Yeah, but I don't understand why it would need to be complete, what difference does it make? At the end of the day, we're still going to have a league champion and those who are relegated, no matter how many points they receive?

I agree with bradyo, but that would be the point of using people who design regularly and have alot of posts, these people are commited to the competion, if no kits come in from a tie then the result is a draw, if 1 person submits kits and the other don't it goes down as 3 points for the submited person, I was the first person to formulate the league idea months ago but I was gonna get everybody to represent a club, I wanted to start it for after the world cup compo and bradyo two compo's but then the embargo kicked in, I did have a thread up I will link it

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f78/fm-base-design-league-t40022.html

Never saw your post but I told Iota about the league way before the embargo, in fact I had been planning to do it on Fanboys back in June but encountered a few problems.

I would like to enter one of these. I wish somebody could just open up a league.

Definitely KOTW, but don't restrict it as much. It was really difficult to make a decent kit when you're given the team and the colours you must use. Maybe the winner each week could pick a competition as StuW suggested, eg MLS, WC, etc, each week rather than being given a team, it would make for a lot more good kits, I think.

you should arrange a league of a set number of people and then post a kit to be made by all league members and people could say they like whatever kit they want and whoever gets the most likes gets a point

Kit Of The Month

The 12 winners then go into a Kit Of The Year competition.
If a user wins the first month. They can enter another month but for fun only ?

Will cut down on spam imo

How about a KOTW, the winners go into a KOTM, the winners go to a KOTY.

I think StuW's idea is better, just having a KOTM is too big a time gap between each one I think.

by Jose22
An INVITATIONAL kit making league.... where a personally selected group of participants (who are guarenteed to suply good quality kits and on time) take part

like the xfactor for kits

and each week they are given a theme (ie. champions league) and at the end of the week the kit with the lowest votes gets kicked out.

and maybe the winning kit maker could get all there kits that were made for the league into an official fmbase download??

obviously this is just an idea but it has backing from alot of the better graphics makers on the site so i beleive this will help base in the long run.

Good idea, Jose, I like and it will give more credit to the better kit-makers on the site (dec, el_wulfio, etc)

also maybe there should be an allowance of 1 bye week per participant... so if for any reason they find themselves unable to make a kit (holliday, illness etc) they can use it so they guarentee passage to next round.... BUT it can only be used once and only untill the semi. (so it cant be used to get to the final) it can only be used once aswell :)

I like that idea Jose22, I'd love to participate in it..If I'm considered good enough

I'm easy going, though to cut down on time, **** and threads, Kit of the Week and Rate my Kit threads are good enough :)

A ladder/league type of thing would be cool, as long as there weren't too many participants

I think if one person is running the competition, to save people from posting votes and posting kits everytime... each kit maker posts there work on Photobucket or something similar and pm the image link to the person running the thread... he then can keep changing the original post with the kits for that particular week and to save people posting votes opening a fresh poll (if that's possible) and say for example the kit with the most votes gets 5pts... 2nd - 3pts .. 3rd - 2pts and the rest 1pt for posting.. but just have a certain number of kitmakers who will post everyweek