I think if one person is running the competition, to save people from posting votes and posting kits everytime... each kit maker posts there work on Photobucket or something similar and pm the image link to the person running the thread... he then can keep changing the original post with the kits for that particular week and to save people posting votes opening a fresh poll (if that's possible) and say for example the kit with the most votes gets 5pts... 2nd - 3pts .. 3rd - 2pts and the rest 1pt for posting.. but just have a certain number of kitmakers who will post everyweek

Sean has already said that it would be impossible to be able to create fresh polls for the same thread.

have a dedicated votes collector.... you pm your vote to them and they keep track of all votes for that week.

then you could display the results in like a bar chart or pie chart thing.

wouldn't it be easier if every kit maker who was entering, submits there kits to the thread for that week and voters use the 'like' button.. Then one member can calculate the 'likes' and sort out the points accordingly..

This eliminates the voting and can cut down the threads

How about a junior kit making tournament like the "E-Factor"?

We could call it "K-Factor"

we've already got the E-Factor, and isn't the K-Factor, the knitting factor (TV Burp :p)

I do like the idea of an invitational kit competition, with us voting :)

What do you mean a junior kit making competition?
like, for those that have only just started making kits? if so, there'd have to be a lot of regulation to stop the better and older kit makers entering....

There would be too much debate over who could enter. An X-Factor type competition would be the best in my opinion. Hope this happens soon :wub:

An invitational kit competition?

I do hope the previous winners of the KOTW would be invited. ;)

There would be too much debate over who could enter. An X-Factor type competition would be the best in my opinion. Hope this happens soon :wub:

What do you mean an X-Factor type competition?

Why make it purely invitational -surely this will disappoint alot of people. Why not make this properly X-Factor style.

Have 3 appointed Kit Judges. Have auditions, the judges pick 5 or 7 or 10 or however many each. Then the real competition starts, each week there is a theme. The judges mentor their kit designers, helping their design. They then go into one thread for each week. Voted on, the lowest 2 votes go into the bottom 2, where they are voted on by the 3 judges etc.

Why make it purely invitational -surely this will disappoint alot of people. Why not make this properly X-Factor style.

Have 3 appointed Kit Judges. Have auditions, the judges pick 5 or 7 or 10 or however many each. Then the real competition starts, each week there is a theme. The judges mentor their kit designers, helping their design. They then go into one thread for each week. Voted on, the lowest 2 votes go into the bottom 2, where they are voted on by the 3 judges etc.

In my opinion this just sounds like alot of messing and over complicating the situation... Originally I thought people wanted some sort of kit making league in a way were there wasn't new threads being opened every week..

I still feel the best way is keeping it all on one thread and have people to vote by the 'like' button, 'likes' are accumulated and calculated into some sort of points system at the end of the week and then can be put into a league table of kit makers
The Original post on the thread can be changed every week to the design category i.e Champions league/world cup/lower league

Well it depends how organised it was. Wouldnt be that complicated.

Create a thread called auditions. 3 appointed judges pick their favourites

Each week do a kit. Vote. Then get voted off.

Simples

I would make an epic Simon! ;)

Well it depends how organised it was. Wouldnt be that complicated.

Create a thread called auditions. 3 appointed judges pick their favourites

Each week do a kit. Vote. Then get voted off.

Simples

I suppose it would be a good idea for a knockout type competition, I just generally thought that the majority of people would prefer a league competition

How would you vote people off ?

The best idea was the original kit of the week competition, however instead of StuW always organising it, it should be up to the previous winner to start the thread and pick the theme...

I suppose it would be a good idea for a knockout type competition, I just generally thought that the majority of people would prefer a league competition

How would you vote people off ?

Well the general public (ie people of FM Base) would vote in the thread each week and the bottom 2 then have their work judged by the 3 judges.

They have 1 vote each, the winner carries on, 1st to 2 votes etc.