**** KLIPPYBO TAKES ON THE PENTAGON CHALLENGE ****

Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
images

The title says it all!!!! Now for those of you who have followed my previous stories you will know that I am all about developing young players and I wont be able to do this really with the pentagon challenge so when I need a fix of that I will do a season or so of my Bilbao story so I should have all bases covered!!!!

My dream pentagon challenge would be to add in stints of managing Aberdeen, Newcastle United and of course Athletic Bilbao but that probably wont be possible but you never know.

Anyways I hope you will follow as I country hop, job hop, and learn a whole load of new languages in my quest to win all the continental champions leagues

-----------------------------------------------------

ACHIEVEMENTS - BY SEASON
2012-13 - Black Leopards (South Africa) - Premier Division Winners

Last edited:
Following for defo, loved your Bilbao story glad im first comment!!!

images

KRIS STUART HIRED AS BLACK LEOPARDS MANAGER!!!!!

So the story begins! I got about 10 job offers but I narrowed it down to 3 - Jomo Cosmos, Defensa y Justicia and Black Leopards. Jomo Cosmos had the biggest budget by a long way while the Argentinian club had the best squad but I chose the Black Leopards as they are in the South African top division and have an added bonus of being in a continental competition - albeit not the big one that I am aiming for.

CLUB INFORMATION, FACILITIES AND STAFF

View attachment 291429
View attachment 291430View attachment 291432

The board wanted a mid-table finish but before even looking at the squad I said I will finish in the top half so I have a budget of £50k for transfers although I can get it up to £450k.

TOP 3 PLAYERS

Judging by looking at their attributes I would say these 3 are the best - I dont have an assistant manager to get his opinions yet.
View attachment 291433View attachment 291434View attachment 291435

SO WHAT TO DO?????
Hire an assistant manager!!!!
The u19s dont have any players so a BIG player search is required but only after I get my A/M

My first game is in 3 days time - EEEEEEEKKKKKKK!!!!!!!

He'll have it done in ten seasons. Thought about adding in the international continental championships as well? Maybe without the Oceanic Nations Cup though. The Black Leopards look like a great place to start since it'll mean you'll easily get a job in Asia once you're done there and I've heard the African one is the hardest.

Last edited:
Hope everyone follows, brilliant team you've took charge of with a cool badge.

He'll have it done in ten seasons. Thought about adding in the international continental championships as well? Maybe without the Oceanic Nations Cup though. The Black Leopards look like a great place to start since it'll mean you'll easily get a job in Asia once you're done there and I've heard the African one is the hardest.

10 years?? Maybe 15 lol.

For those interested I have loaded the following leagues but they will change as when (not if) I win say the Asian Champions League I will get rid of Australia, South Korea and China. You get the jist.
View attachment 291440

View attachment 291441

Glad to see you're starting the Pentagon Challenge. If anyone can do it you can mate :)

Glad to see you're starting the Pentagon Challenge. If anyone can do it you can mate :)
Plenty of people have done it before and it isn't even the hardest challenge out there, there are several tougher. Those have been done as well.

Good luck. I'm into season 10 in my attempt

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...09923-w4nkers-pentagon-challenge-attempt.html

Started in African First division. Won the African Champions League in season 8. Now in South Korea.

I'll certainly keep an eye on your progress as well

Jeezo - if it is that hard to win the African Champions League then I may not stick it! I was thinking 3-4 years tops. Methinks I will take a peek at your story for some research................

Which challenge would you say is the hardest?
There are loads. Really rubbish low league team to Champions League glory with players from your academy and San Marino Challenge are the ones that come to mind first.

There are loads. Really rubbish low league team to Champions League glory with players from your academy and San Marino Challenge are the ones that come to mind first.
Its still really, really, really, really ****** hard.

I know it's hard. But people have done all of them and in comparison this is easy.
Lol this is not easy, have you even tried it? Its insanely hard. At least with the other two challenges you stated you stay at 1 single club and can develop youth players which is what 90% of people enjoy to do with FM.

Lol this is not easy, have you even tried it? Its insanely hard. At least with the other two challenges you stated you stay at 1 single club and can develop youth players which is what 90% of people enjoy to do with FM.
It's building up several clubs multiple times. It's not the hardest is my point. I haven't tried this challenge but I've tried the other two and the youth one is much harder than it sounds. The financial problems at the start are so crippling it's almost impossible to get out of the lower leagues in the youth ones.

images

PRE-SEASON AND JULY/AUGUST

--------------------------------------------------

AIMS
Top 6 finish maybe?
Improve the squad

TRANSFERS
View attachment 291870

As you can see there was a lot going on - in the final day of the transfer window I let my director of football bring in 3 or 4 players as I was really struggling to finish some deals. Anyways I am pleased with some of my signings and I have even heard of one of them before in Van Heerden!!! My best signing (and best named) is most definately Jimmy Jambo.

Regarding the players who left - they were all ****!

Here are my top signings
View attachment 291873
View attachment 291876View attachment 291875View attachment 291874

SUMMARY

I think I know my best eleven! lol. To be honest I dont have a scooby but we shall see how it goes. My signings Jambo, Mngomeni and van Heerden will be key methinks.

So onto the results. We started off by getting knocked out of the Confederation Cup to Egyptian side Zamalek but their was no shame in that and in the league we did very well as we won all 3 of our games. Still a learning process though. Although I did win manager of the month!

Off the field I hired and fired a load of staff and we got CFR Cluj as a parent club.

--------------------------------------------

African Confederation Cup 3rd Round 1st Leg

Black Leopards 2-4 Zamalek
Obaje, Sithole

Havent signed anyone - not sure of my 1st team yet - 3 days in the job - cant complain.

---------------------------------------------------

African Confederation Cup 3rd Round 2nd Leg

Zamalek (4) 1-2 Black Leopards (2)
Miya, Obaje
(Agg: 5-4)

Great result if ultimately unsuccesful - still not signed anyone!

-------------------------------------------------------

Bloemfontein Celtic 0-1 Black Leopards
Mngomeni

An early goal on his debut (from 30 yards) from Mngomeni gets us off the mark in the league.

-------------------------------------------------------

Black Leopards 2-0 Moroka Swallows
Taaibos, van Heerden

A nice win - I have heard of Moroka Swallows before so I think it is a great win but my knowledge of South African football is limited so I dont know how to judge this result lol - the press tip them to finish 5th (we are tipped for 9th) so I am happy.

--------------------------------------------------------

Black Leopards 3-2 Golden Arrows
Amidu, Steinbors (og), Mabunda

We were 2up early on and promptly threw it away but we got the winner in the 2nd half to grab all 3pts. Goodman Sauhutsi got injured and is out for 3-4 months

---------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SAMUEL MABUNDA

images

View attachment 291877

WORLD TRANSFERS
View attachment 291878

Last edited: