**** KLIPPYBO TAKES ON THE PENTAGON CHALLENGE ****

images

The Peter Mokaba Stadium home of the Black Leopards

SEPTEMBER AND OCTOBER

Only 5 games scheduled for these two months so I thought I would be best to post them on one post.

We were excellent during the 2 months as we continued our 100% record in the league and sit at the top of the table. In our 7 games we have kept 6 clean sheets so its not hard to see why we are doing so well. The highlight of this period was the win over SuperSport United.

Unfortunately in the cup we lost out to Kaizer Chiefs.

-------------------------------------------------

SuperSport United 0-4 Black Leopards
Mngomeni, Amidu 2, Sibiya

AMAZING!!! SuperSport are tipped to finish 4th so to thump them 4-0 at their own place is incredible. 1up at half-time I told my players not to get complacent and they went out and battered them!

---------------------------------------------------

Black Leopards 2-0 Tuks
Sibiya, Amidu

5 wins out of 5 in the league - this management malarky is easy peasy lol

--------------------------------------------------------

Chippa United 0-1 Black Leopards
Mabunda

How this was only 1-0 I dont know as we absolutely battered them from start to finish but never mind - it is another win!

-------------------------------------------------------

Black Leopards 1-0 Ajax Cape Town
Amidu

An early goal was enough to get the points - Ajax CT are really struggling (they have Sander Westerveld lol) so this win was kinda expected - still scary at how well we are doing though!!

South African Knockout Cup 1st Round

Black Leopards 1-2 Kaizer Chiefs
Mathoho (og)

This was always going to be a tough ask as they have some top players in Tshabalala and Masilela especially. Disappointed to lose at home but its not the end of the world!

---------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LAMA

images

The goalie from Mozambique kept 4 clean sheets out of 5

View attachment 291918

nice start...can u check out my story if u can
chris-barber-journey

Klippy san,

If i post a copy of my Cadiz save later tonight could you have a look at the tactics i use and advise on any changes for the players roles and the positions. I know you have a life and a family but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Bro

You're doing great. With signings like that you should be the top team in South Africa by a long way for a long time.

images

NOVEMBER

Another very successful month as we remain unbeaten in the league! We started off with an 8 goal thriller away to the Platinum Stars and also racked up a couple of more wins before fighting back to draw with Sundowns. We even got awarded £150,000 for being top of the league after 10 games!

Its safe to say that we are doing much better than expected - especially with the squad I have at my disposal but I will ride this wave to see where we end up!

Finally my beloved Newcastle United sacked Alan Pardew and replaced him with Ian Holloway.

Platinum Stars 4-4 Black Leopards
Obaje 3(1pen), van Heerden

Our winning streak in the league comes to an end which is disappointing as we led in this game 2-1 and 4-2! Never mind. My usually rock solid defense had a day off today obviously!

---------------------------------------------------

Black Leopards 2-0 AmaZulu
Mngomeni, Mandlazi

I had a touchline ban for this game so the A/M takes the credit here. 7pts clear and we have played a third of the season already!!

-----------------------------------------------------

Black Leopards 3-1 Bidvest Wits
Mngomeni, Sibiya, Moon (og)

Bidvest are really struglling so once again I expected the victory and we got it easily enough!

Mamelodi Sundowns 2-2 Black Leopards
Obaje, Mngomeni

Thought this had to be my first league defeat as we trailed twice and had Jambo and van Heerdem taken off injured in the first half. Both are out for about 2 months!!!!

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
THANDO MNGOMENI

images

View attachment 292260

Jeezo - if it is that hard to win the African Champions League then I may not stick it! I was thinking 3-4 years tops. Methinks I will take a peek at your story for some research................
It won't be that hard. I won the Champions League in only my 2nd year in it. Took so long because I'm playing in FMC mode and the reduced database makes it harder to find players

images

DECEMBER

Only 3 games this month but they included us coming up against my main 2 challengers for the league title and in the end we got 4pts out of 9. Not much else to say really!

-----------------------------------------------

Orlando Pirates 4-2 Black Leopards
Obaje, Mngomeni

It had to come eventually! Our first defeat of the season and I can have no complaints as we were 3 down before we got our act together and pulled 2 back but we conceded a last minute penalty to kill off any hopes of a comeback.

Black Leopards 2-1 Maritzburg United
Obaje 2

Maritzburg are the whipping boys of the league seemingly so I expected the 3pts here.

--------------------------------------------------

Kaizer Chiefs 2-2 Black Leopards
Obaje, Taaibos

A fantastic result as I think the Kaizer Chiefs along with the Orlando Pirates will be my main challengers. We fell behind twice but managed to pull it back thankfully.

------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JOSHUA OBAJE

images

View attachment 292367

Klippy san,

If i post a copy of my Cadiz save later tonight could you have a look at the tactics i use and advise on any changes for the players roles and the positions. I know you have a life and a family but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Bro

Yeah sure!

images

JANUARY

So into 2013 we go and it was a good start to the new year as we collected 10pts from a possible 12. I think if we continue to win our home games the title should be ours but we shall see - only 12 games to go now!

There was some transfer activity involving us - mainly players leaving as we cancelled a loan, loaned a few out and sold a reserve player for a whopping 3k! As for players coming in we brought in a 3rd choice keeper on a free transfer and a young forward in on loan from Orlando Pirates. I decided to keep my cash in order for me to strengthen better in the summer - hopefully we will be in the Champions League......

Black Leopards 3-1 Free State Stars
Mngomeni, Sibiya (pen), Soriola (og)

3 shots on goal = 3 goals = 3pts!!

Black Leopards 2-1 Bloemfontein Celtic
Mngomeni (pen), Obaje

This was a great win as we had Amidu sent-off after an hour and went 1 down with 15min to go but 2 goals in the last 5min won it for us!

------------------------------------------------------------

Moroka Swallows 1-1 Black Leopards
van Heerden

We took an early lead but got pegged back just as quick - a good result though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Black Leopards 2-1 SuperSport United
Obaje, Mamashela

Once again we took an early lead and once again we got pegged back quickly but this time we got a winner thanks to substitute Michael Mamashela.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
HARRY NYIRENDA

images

The CB from Malawi got a rating above 8.0 in every game!

View attachment 292563

images

FEBRUARY

This month was a toughie as we only won one of 4 games and lost twice but we still sit at the top of the table. I had to register players for the Confederation Cup - is it a year long competition? I really dont have a clue! lol.

Over in Spain Athletic Bilbao sacked Marcelo Bielsa.......................

-----------------------------------------------

Golden Arrows 3-1 Black Leopards
Taaibos

We got thumped here - the only plus side was that we didnt concede any more goals when Nyirenda got sent-off!

------------------------------------------------

Black Leopards 3-1 Chippa United
Obaje, Sibiya, Mngomeni

We bounce back with a win against struggling Chippa - love that name!

Tuks 1-1 Black Leopards
Mngomeni

Not a great result but the fact that 2nd placed Golden Arrows lost to Chippa United makes it a good result!

Ajax Cape Town 2-1 Black Leopards
Sibiya

Meh - just as well our home form is great!

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LUCKY SIBIYA
images

View attachment 292933

images

MARCH

Another 3 games closer to the end of the season and we got 7pts out of a possible 9 so this was a successful month although it should have been 9pts out of 9!

I thought the youth intake was this month but apparently it is in April so thats something to look forward to! We also finally enter the South African cup next month.........

Black Leopards 3-1 Platinum Stars
Mngomeni, Amidu, Obaje

This was a must win game as we have some tricky fixtures coming up and need to make the most of our home games. We were 3up at half-time so cruised it really.

Bidvest Wits 3-3 Black Leopards
Obaje 3

Aaaaagggghhhh! Despite leading 1-0 and 3-1 we contrived to throw away 2 valuable points - their equaliser came in stoppage time!

AmaZulu 2-3 Black Leopards
Sibiya 2, Obaje

Another thriller of a game as all the goals came in the first half - apart from the one that they had disallowed that is!

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JOSHUA OBAJE

images

View attachment 292941